Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? 21:27 - Jun 27 with 4846 viewsjackharris

I would be well happy if they were our kit sponsors. A thousand times better then a Betting company like the rest of the Championship, especially for the kids’ Kits..?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 21:51 - Jun 27 with 3450 viewsAndy1300

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-university-extends-swans-partnership

Number 1 team in Wales

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 23:07 - Jun 27 with 3306 viewsjackharris

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 21:51 - Jun 27 by Andy1300

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-university-extends-swans-partnership

Thanks Andy

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 06:31 - Jun 28 with 3193 viewsWhiterockin

The training ground in Fairwood. Is it owned by the University? Part of any deal?
Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 09:09 - Jun 28 with 3022 viewsjackrmee

Probably just the training kits. I'd love to see it on the shirts too though. Fuk this betting crap.
Doubt Pearlman and the yanks have any conscience about that though.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 09:20 - Jun 28 with 3006 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 09:09 - Jun 28 by jackrmee

Probably just the training kits. I'd love to see it on the shirts too though. Fuk this betting crap.

They'd take the highest amount of coin, no matter where it came from. It could be from Saudi Terrorists, they wouldn't care.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 11:23 - Jun 28 with 2895 viewsBadlands

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 09:09 - Jun 28 by jackrmee

It came up in a forum a few weeks ago.
Birch, supported by Pearlman have looked at the sponsorship and would prefer to have no betting sponsorship but have to be realistic.
No one else will come anywhere near to matching the sponsorship paid by betting companies especially in the Championship which is why the league is dominated by betting names.
(Also Trade Centre Wales advertising outdoes all the old advertising in the Liberty put together and gives a more uniform visual impact at the ground.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 11:41 - Jun 28 with 2865 viewsLeonWasGod

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 06:31 - Jun 28 by Whiterockin

The training ground in Fairwood. Is it owned by the University? Part of any deal?

Jointly owned between club and uni isn't it? That's how it was originally set up, but not sure if it's still the same.
Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 11:59 - Jun 28 with 2849 viewsWhiterockin

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 11:41 - Jun 28 by LeonWasGod

Jointly owned between club and uni isn't it? That's how it was originally set up, but not sure if it's still the same.

I thought Swansea Uni owned it and we had a lease agreement (someone in the know could confirm or deny this). I'm just wondering if this is the case, that any sponsorship deal could be offset against lease costs, so money is not directly coming in, but is money saved.
Login to get fewer ads

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 12:06 - Jun 28 with 2833 viewsLeonWasGod

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 11:59 - Jun 28 by Whiterockin

I thought Swansea Uni owned it and we had a lease agreement (someone in the know could confirm or deny this). I'm just wondering if this is the case, that any sponsorship deal could be offset against lease costs, so money is not directly coming in, but is money saved.

I think you're right, Uni owns the land we pay a lease and we both jointly own the facilities. No idea on lease costs tho. That's how it was reported - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-18967474.

There could well be offsetting going on - it would make sense, wouldn't it?
Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 12:32 - Jun 28 with 2790 viewsWhiterockin

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 12:06 - Jun 28 by LeonWasGod

I think you're right, Uni owns the land we pay a lease and we both jointly own the facilities. No idea on lease costs tho. That's how it was reported - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-18967474.

There could well be offsetting going on - it would make sense, wouldn't it?

100% it would make sense. That's why I always say don't just guess at the figures, to much happens in the background with business costs to speculate. Sometimes a deal that on the face of it is not the best, when you net it back is brilliant.
Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 12:44 - Jun 28 with 2760 viewsNeath_Jack

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 09:20 - Jun 28 by AustinIsOurHero

They'd take the highest amount of coin, no matter where it came from. It could be from Saudi Terrorists, they wouldn't care.

You'll all be crying when we end up with Low Cost Vans, or Budget Carpets.

Can't win with some of you.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 13:06 - Jun 28 with 2725 viewsjackrmee

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 12:44 - Jun 28 by Neath_Jack

I'd prefer to not earn fuk all from shirt sponsor than have a betting site.
Some clubs actually have charities. That's the way forward. Not all about gaining a few quid.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 13:55 - Jun 28 with 2659 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 12:44 - Jun 28 by Neath_Jack

Wouldn't be a stretch to find a non betting company. Easy option every time

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 15:08 - Jun 28 with 2552 viewsSgorioFruit

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 13:55 - Jun 28 by AustinIsOurHero

Correct.

lets hope Swansea University are becoming more and more involved with SCFC now, with sponsorships, partnerships, relationships etc

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 17:15 - Jun 28 with 2444 viewsNeath_Jack

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 13:55 - Jun 28 by AustinIsOurHero

I'm sure a local company would be happy to do it for peanuts aye. That may satisfy you and the other chap, but the uproar on here from most of the posters would be unbearable again. I don't blame the owners one bit in trying to get as much as they can for sponsorship myself.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 17:09 - Jun 29 with 2227 viewsjackrmee

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 17:15 - Jun 28 by Neath_Jack

I'm sure a local company would be happy to do it for peanuts aye. That may satisfy you and the other chap, but the uproar on here from most of the posters would be unbearable again. I don't blame the owners one bit in trying to get as much as they can for sponsorship myself.

It's not all about money though in reality. Shame football is. I would 100% take less money to have a shirt sponsor fans could be proud of. They are the ones wearing the top out and about in public, in front of their families and kids etc. It's good for society and the local communities, as well as their bank balance then too.

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 20:00 - Jun 29 with 2097 viewsNeath_Jack

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 17:09 - Jun 29 by jackrmee

It's not all about money though in reality. Shame football is. I would 100% take less money to have a shirt sponsor fans could be proud of. They are the ones wearing the top out and about in public, in front of their families and kids etc. It's good for society and the local communities, as well as their bank balance then too.

Mate, it’s a name on the front of a football jersey.

You’re being way too dramatic about it.

It’s a game of football, not a place for virtue signalling.

Anyway, I’ll agree to disagree.

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 20:18 - Jun 29 with 2070 viewsDr_Winston

Wonder how quickly these "I'd rather have a charity" types will start rioting if we've got to sell Rodon or McBurnie due to a lack of income because we've gone for the morally acceptable offer rather than the best one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 20:21 - Jun 29 with 2063 viewsmagicdaps10

Been informed that Low Cost Vans will not be involved this coming season.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 20:45 - Jun 29 with 2025 viewsNeathJack

Ironically one year it literally was a stretch.
Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 22:47 - Jun 29 with 1896 viewsBadlands

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 17:09 - Jun 29 by jackrmee

That would mean paying more t the turnstile or in the Conference.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 07:34 - Jun 30 with 1787 viewsjackrmee

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 20:00 - Jun 29 by Neath_Jack

Mate, it’s a name on the front of a football jersey.

You’re being way too dramatic about it.

It’s a game of football, not a place for virtue signalling.

Anyway, I’ll agree to disagree.

I'm simply saying what I would prefer. I know it's not going to happen and I'm not getting upset about it. The issue was mentioned and I gave my opinion on it. Nothing dramatic.

Other clubs have charities instead of sponsors. I remember Villa doing it, and sure someone in the Championship are doing it this year for one of their young players got stabbed or something. Actually, it's QPR, who have waived their stadium naming rights and given it to charity.
Not difficult to do.

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 07:44 - Jun 30 with 1777 viewsjackrmee

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 20:18 - Jun 29 by Dr_Winston

Wonder how quickly these "I'd rather have a charity" types will start rioting if we've got to sell Rodon or McBurnie due to a lack of income because we've gone for the morally acceptable offer rather than the best one.

We hardly get £15-20m from shirt sponsorship.

So the "best one" = most money, full stop?

My point is not that I'm complaining about the sponsor. I will still wear the shirt. I just said what I'd prefer and what I'd be proud to wear.
There are clubs who are more morally aware and do not have betting companies, who aren't bankrupt.

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 1547 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 17:15 - Jun 28 by Neath_Jack

Why does it have to be peanuts if it's a local company?

Admiral are on our doorstep & have a £2bn turnover! BT as well. It's up to the commercial team to present the proposal to them attractively to maximise the value.

Nathaniel Cars in Bridgend have just agreed a sponsorship with the Welsh FA which is over £1m. Money is there, you just have to know where to look.

Plenty of tech companies throughout South Wales.

Hell, even Pearlman was brought on to raise the profile of the club in the States - why not a Silicon Valley tech company or a financial company from New York?

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 10:11 - Jul 1 with 1513 viewsNeath_Jack

Are Swansea University our kit Sponsors this Season? on 09:39 - Jul 1 by AustinIsOurHero

Why does it have to be peanuts if it's a local company?

Admiral are on our doorstep & have a £2bn turnover! BT as well. It's up to the commercial team to present the proposal to them attractively to maximise the value.

Nathaniel Cars in Bridgend have just agreed a sponsorship with the Welsh FA which is over £1m. Money is there, you just have to know where to look.

Plenty of tech companies throughout South Wales.

Hell, even Pearlman was brought on to raise the profile of the club in the States - why not a Silicon Valley tech company or a financial company from New York?

Why don't you offer your services to the club, sounds like you could get it boxed off in no time at all.

You have ZERO idea of what discussions have taken place and with who.

It's extremely easy to shout from the sidelines, i hear it all the time from those lower down in the company i work for. If only business was so easy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024