Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Victor Meldrew moment here 16:50 - Jun 29 with 2757 viewslegoman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-your-money-48776454

Is it just me, but who else thinks on reading this article that people like this should simply take responsibility for their own actions. First year university student takes out unaffordable finance on an Audi. FFS what is the matter with some people.

Another example of today's blame culture.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Victor Meldrew moment here on 12:59 - Jul 1 with 670 viewsSTID2017

Victor Meldrew moment here on 08:18 - Jun 30 by Pegojack

I think everyone is at fault here. The car dealer is responsible for selling a finance package to a young student who was obviously a strong debt risk, the girl herself was irresponsible for signing up to something she clearly couldn't afford if circumstances turned against her, and the parents are responsible for raising a daughter with no notion of financial responsibilty.
The best thing would be to hand the car back, for the dealer to annul the debt (I hope they are getting massive negative publicity as a result of this case) and for the girl to learn an ounce of common sense.

Excellent summary

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Victor Meldrew moment here on 13:04 - Jul 1 with 670 viewsSTID2017

Victor Meldrew moment here on 15:06 - Jun 30 by LeonWasGod

Do you really need to be a rocket scientist to work out that £300+ a month repayment over 5 yrs is going to set you back the best part of £20k. And that if you’re a student with limited income it might not be the smartest thing to do. Ok, the girl’s just seen sparkly, shiny car. Parents should know better though. There’s no way I’d have been allowed to get into that mess - my first few cars were held together with gaffer tape.

Exactly. Same here.
Had my first new car after working for 21 years and even then it took months of soul searching for the wife and I to decide if we could afford or warrant it.
As with yourself, our first few cars run on a wing and a prayer

Victor Meldrew moment here on 20:12 - Jul 1 with 618 viewsjackrmee

Victor Meldrew moment here on 13:04 - Jul 1 by STID2017

Exactly. Same here.
Had my first new car after working for 21 years and even then it took months of soul searching for the wife and I to decide if we could afford or warrant it.
As with yourself, our first few cars run on a wing and a prayer

Times have changed. Everykid has got everything and it's so simple to own a £1000 mobile phone at age 15 and a £20k car at age 20. Mental mun.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Victor Meldrew moment here on 20:43 - Jul 1 with 600 viewslondonlisa2001

Picking up on a different thread, I assume all those saying it’s solely the responsibility of the student have not attempted to make any claim under PPI...
Victor Meldrew moment here on 21:19 - Jul 1 with 571 viewsLuther27

Victor Meldrew moment here on 20:43 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

Picking up on a different thread, I assume all those saying it’s solely the responsibility of the student have not attempted to make any claim under PPI...

No I haven't personally. However it frightens the crap out of me that if she's willing to burden her parents with her debt through her lack of thought and they have sleepless nights because of money worries.
Christ...separate thought....she has the ability to vote?
Victor Meldrew moment here on 23:21 - Jul 1 with 533 viewsSTID2017

Victor Meldrew moment here on 20:12 - Jul 1 by jackrmee

Times have changed. Everykid has got everything and it's so simple to own a £1000 mobile phone at age 15 and a £20k car at age 20. Mental mun.

Indeed. Crazy that lots of the teenagers in my family (and some younger!) have better more expensive phones than I do.

Victor Meldrew moment here on 03:45 - Jul 2 with 506 viewsTreforys_Jack

Got myself into a bit of debt very early on in life, only a couple of grand but on my apprentice wages seemed impossible to pay off. Got there with some hard work and was the best lesson I ever learnt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024