Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... 20:36 - Jul 2 with 5376 viewsbluenile

. . . . . . world cup is crap?

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:11 - Jul 2 with 1229 viewsFireboy2

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:09 - Jul 2 by Oldjack

Cast a line and see what happens

Yeah whatever you senile old git
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:12 - Jul 2 with 1219 viewsFireboy2

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:10 - Jul 2 by Garyjack

None, i wasn't old enough to drink. It was a picture on the front page of The Sun back in the 70's, and it was the real thing.

Not being old enough to drink isnt an excuse gaz, it never stopped me
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:12 - Jul 2 with 1219 viewsbluey_the_blue

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:08 - Jul 2 by monmouth

It's crackers isn't it? The argument dismisses all women's sport where brute strength, power or size can dominate. They are not competing with men, so the benchmark is not men but other women and, on it's own terms it's been good to watch. And the stadia have looked full enough. I've enjoyed the games I've watched.

It's been ok for what it is, but like it or not it's trying to exist in a space where the mens game it utterly dominant.

It's certainly improved over the years but still has a long way to go.
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:12 - Jul 2 with 1219 viewsGaryjack

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:07 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

Do netball and rounders have the same mass appeal as football?

Ok, maybe not rounders as i was taking the piss a bit. But Netball is all over Sky! So, in the name of equality and all that..............
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:15 - Jul 2 with 1198 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:12 - Jul 2 by Garyjack

Ok, maybe not rounders as i was taking the piss a bit. But Netball is all over Sky! So, in the name of equality and all that..............

Way to avoid the question.

Poll: Tory leader

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:16 - Jul 2 with 1191 viewsbluey_the_blue

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:12 - Jul 2 by Garyjack

Sky have, to their credit, invested money into womens sport - and I think a Sky TV deal for women's domestic football would immensely improve the quality; have the games over the summer period to not conflict with the mens game for one.

Without a TV deal, there will be endless talking, bigging up in Guardian et al but a professional brand won't be created on the back of showing a cup final and world cup only.
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:17 - Jul 2 with 1179 viewsOldjack

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:11 - Jul 2 by Fireboy2

Yeah whatever you senile old git

it only takes one word ,in or out and you dirty old bastards appear

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:18 - Jul 2 with 1175 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:16 - Jul 2 by bluey_the_blue

Sky have, to their credit, invested money into womens sport - and I think a Sky TV deal for women's domestic football would immensely improve the quality; have the games over the summer period to not conflict with the mens game for one.

Without a TV deal, there will be endless talking, bigging up in Guardian et al but a professional brand won't be created on the back of showing a cup final and world cup only.

There are a few TV deals in place for the WSL.

Login to get fewer ads

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:18 - Jul 2 with 1172 viewsbluey_the_blue

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:18 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

There are a few TV deals in place for the WSL.

When? What channel?
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:20 - Jul 2 with 1161 viewsAl_Bundy

Mille Bright is the new KOL.
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:20 - Jul 2 with 1158 viewsDarran

It's crackers isn't it? The argument dismisses all women's sport where brute strength, power or size can dominate. They are not competing with men, so the benchmark is not men but other women and, on it's own terms it's been good to watch. And the stadia have looked full enough. I've enjoyed the games I've watched.

14 year old boys mullered the world champions mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:22 - Jul 2 with 1152 viewsbluey_the_blue

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:20 - Jul 2 by Darran

Never underestimate the brute power of 14 year old boys.

Probably spent all game kicking them in the ovaries whilst giggling about boobies.
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:23 - Jul 2 with 1149 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:18 - Jul 2 by bluey_the_blue

When? What channel?

BT Sport and the BBC. The BBC also shows the women’s FA Cup and some women’s Champions League games.

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:28 - Jul 2 with 1133 viewsbluey_the_blue

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:23 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

BT Sport and the BBC. The BBC also shows the women’s FA Cup and some women’s Champions League games.

Not been that well publicised I guess, that was news to me. I also guess it was periodic games rather than several games a week?

What WSL needs to do is to establish a brand via TV. League One? Sky invested ( thanks to Alan Sugar allegedly ), created the Prem a new entity that could be aggressively marketed. Like Sky or hate them, it's something they are very good at - revolutionised netball as an event being another example. Boxing? Every card is marketed as an event. Even fighters starting out are branded as "Nxt Gen".

It's all about create the buzz of the matches being events, even if that's just a facade. Only watched any BT sport Prem coverage in pubs, not been particularly impressed. BB's coverage of sport tends to be just there.
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:28 - Jul 2 with 1130 views34dfgdf54

It’s crackers when some of the idiots think they should be on the same pay grade as men’s sides.

Off their heads.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 21:28]
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:29 - Jul 2 with 1125 viewssainthelens

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:22 - Jul 2 by bluey_the_blue

Never underestimate the brute power of 14 year old boys.

Probably spent all game kicking them in the ovaries whilst giggling about boobies.

What experience do you have on the brute strength of 14 yr old boys?
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:29 - Jul 2 with 1124 viewsraynor94

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:28 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

It’s crackers when some of the idiots think they should be on the same pay grade as men’s sides.

Off their heads.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 21:28]

Are you watching the game?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:30 - Jul 2 with 1121 viewsGaryjack

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:15 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

Way to avoid the question.

And you are avoiding the point in question. The OP asked if 'dinosaurs' still thought women's football was crap, and i answered yes! Once this World cup is over, it'll be back to 200 screaming schoolgirls watching them in places like Barnet's training ground. Oh, and it'll probably be live on Sky or something as well!
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:31 - Jul 2 with 1116 viewsbluey_the_blue

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:29 - Jul 2 by sainthelens

What experience do you have on the brute strength of 14 yr old boys?

Whisper it quietly but many years ago I was a 14 year old boy. Seen more than enough games become tear ups.
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:33 - Jul 2 with 1105 viewsexiledclaseboy

Probably a good time to trot this out again. All the boxes ticked here.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/12/womens-world-cup-shoved-do

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:33 - Jul 2 with 1104 views34dfgdf54

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:29 - Jul 2 by raynor94

Are you watching the game?

I am actually yes....
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:34 - Jul 2 with 1096 viewsHumpty

Seems like most of them are posting on this thread.
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:41 - Jul 2 with 1057 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They were 15 three days ago.

By the time the next women’s World Cup comes around they’ll be embryos.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:43 - Jul 2 with 1045 views34dfgdf54

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:41 - Jul 2 by Joe_bradshaw

They were 15 three days ago.

By the time the next women’s World Cup comes around they’ll be embryos.

Under 15s
Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:43 - Jul 2 with 1045 viewsraynor94

Any dinosaurs still think the women's . . .... on 21:33 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

I am actually yes....

Don't you think it's excellent entertainment, and the standard is not bad at all

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024