Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Keeper 12:30 - Jul 4 with 4309 viewsSWANSEYE

If we are on the look out for a new Keeper maybe either of these two could be interesting choices as they are both up for grabs - Fraser Forster and Alex McCarthy both of Southampton
New Keeper on 12:49 - Jul 4 with 4244 viewsjasper_T

They're both got two years to run on monster contracts.
New Keeper on 13:32 - Jul 4 with 4131 viewsBadlands

For all their frailties both Nordfeldt and Mulder are a good standard in this league.
Let's see how the new GK coach develops them.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New Keeper on 14:31 - Jul 4 with 4043 viewsSgorioFruit

If we start the season with Nordfelt In goal then what a misery that would be.
No lessons learned at all.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

New Keeper on 15:09 - Jul 4 with 3971 viewsJacket

New Keeper on 14:31 - Jul 4 by SgorioFruit

I reckon Mulder is OK, was consistent in the only run of games he had, and the errors later on were nowhere near as bad as Nordfeld's. It must have been a nightmare to defend in front of Nordfeld, they can't have had any confidence in him. If Potter hadn't dicked around, Mulder's confidence may have remained intact. He was a Championship player low on confidence later on in the season. Nordfeld was a League 2 standard keeper and a low on confidence one at that.
New Keeper on 15:40 - Jul 4 with 3912 viewsjackrmee

New Keeper on 13:32 - Jul 4 by Badlands

For all their frailties both Nordfeldt and Mulder are a good standard in this league.
Let's see how the new GK coach develops them.

COULD be a good standard. Possibly a very good standard. Not yet though I think. Let's see what the new coaches can do with them

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New Keeper on 15:49 - Jul 4 with 3900 viewsjasper_T

New Keeper on 14:31 - Jul 4 by SgorioFruit

From 5 minutes. Sounds like he's on the right track. Saying it without saying it, hopefully.
New Keeper on 16:00 - Jul 4 with 3875 viewsJacket

New Keeper on 15:49 - Jul 4 by jasper_T

From 5 minutes. Sounds like he's on the right track. Saying it without saying it, hopefully.

It would be a big risk for him to put his reputation on the line by having a keeper of Nordfeld's standard between the sticks.
New Keeper on 16:02 - Jul 4 with 3870 viewsjasper_T

New Keeper on 16:00 - Jul 4 by Jacket

It would be a big risk for him to put his reputation on the line by having a keeper of Nordfeld's standard between the sticks.

Well he does train England's goalkeepers, so that reputation has taken some batterings already...
Login to get fewer ads

New Keeper on 17:46 - Jul 4 with 3771 viewssioni

New Keeper on 16:02 - Jul 4 by jasper_T

Well he does train England's goalkeepers, so that reputation has taken some batterings already...

Yes. The proof of the pudding etc and the danger of reading between the lines but I think it’s going to be fascinating to see which 2 of the keepers will benefit most from his coaching and how it fits into a new approach to defending set plays.Personally, I like Bender’s take charge attitude and his physicality if he can be selective in its use.

Anyway, it’s amazing how much of a mania is being a fan of other people’s activities. I’ m just about recovered from 8 moths of crippling sciatica and its mistreatment and am ecstatic at getting back to my own activities of hiking, biking and kayaking and I’ m already wishing away my time in anticipation of watching the Swans again. Go figure!
New Keeper on 06:03 - Jul 5 with 3562 viewsKilkennyjack

We signed Zabret in July 2013.

We need a keeper, will he ever be ready ?
Not in our (poor) top 3 - and he is now 23.

Play him or get rid...?
Had more chance than any local keeper would have.

Beware of the Risen People

New Keeper on 11:25 - Jul 5 with 3411 viewsJacket

I have to say that it's quite sad to hear a Baglan boy saying that being with England is the pinnacle of his career. That stumbling to the semi-final of a World Cup with another country somehow stumps taking your own country to the semi-final of the Euros. Surely helping your own country to become the smallest country to reach the semi-finals of a major football tournament is more of an achievement than taking England to a stage you would expect a footballing country of it's size to regularly reach.

It doesn't take away from the quality of his appointment or his ability to do a good job, possibly to the contrary. But it does make me think less of him as a person, I cannot lie.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 11:27]
New Keeper on 11:53 - Jul 5 with 3373 viewsBadlands

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-achille

“Sam’s (Allardyce) ethos is a big part of how he runs his clubs by organising the set plays,’’ he added . “It’s definitely part of my remit."
Margetson

Worrying IMO.

New Keeper on 12:02 - Jul 5 with 3363 viewsJacket

New Keeper on 11:53 - Jul 5 by Badlands

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-achille

“Sam’s (Allardyce) ethos is a big part of how he runs his clubs by organising the set plays,’’ he added . “It’s definitely part of my remit."
Margetson

Worrying IMO.

Hopefully it's just in terms of the way we defend set pieces.
New Keeper on 12:11 - Jul 5 with 3344 viewsBadlands

New Keeper on 12:02 - Jul 5 by Jacket

Hopefully it's just in terms of the way we defend set pieces.

Hopefully .. but when a Cardiff loving, England promoting coach starts his time with us mentioning fat Sam something inside me gets twisted and buttocks get clench.
:-)

New Keeper on 12:21 - Jul 5 with 3327 viewsjasper_T

It's not like he brought him up. The interview prompted him to talk about "Big Sam" and set pieces.
New Keeper on 12:52 - Jul 5 with 3269 views34dfgdf54

Margetson

Worrying IMO.

How is that worrying? Fingers crossed he can replicate some of Allardyces former sides in terms of how they defended set pieces, we would have been far better off last year if that was the case.

How we defend set pieces has nothing to do with how we will set out to play.
New Keeper on 13:18 - Jul 5 with 3252 viewsjackrmee

Margetson

Worrying IMO.

Why a worry. Fat Sam is very good defensively, and that's the remit of a GK coach. Attacking is not in his remit.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New Keeper on 21:28 - Jul 5 with 3096 viewsJonathans_coat

New Keeper on 13:18 - Jul 5 by jackrmee

Why a worry. Fat Sam is very good defensively, and that's the remit of a GK coach. Attacking is not in his remit.

Interesting that he is described as, “goalkeeping/set-piece coach Martyn Margetson” in the chairman’s update today.

He said himself in the interview on the website that set pieces are a “big part of his remit” and that he watched a video of every goal we conceded last year. It wouldn’t take a genius to work out that set pieces are our major weakness, and one that probably cost us a playoff place last year.

Potentially a good sign that it appears that this will be a focus in training. Say what you like about the brand of football “big Sams” teams play, they are always great at set pieces at both ends of the pitch.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 21:29]
New Keeper on 21:39 - Jul 5 with 3062 viewsjasper_T

Hopefully team selection won't be Margetson's remit, which is a big part of what makes Alladyce's set piece record so good - he's a heavily stats-driven manager who picks players for their ability to defend and attack set plays. You can't have more than a handful of players under 6'1 in a Big Sam team.

Which would rule out much of our squad from regular action.
New Keeper on 11:32 - Jul 6 with 2916 viewsjackrmee

New Keeper on 21:28 - Jul 5 by Jonathans_coat

Interesting that he is described as, “goalkeeping/set-piece coach Martyn Margetson” in the chairman’s update today.

He said himself in the interview on the website that set pieces are a “big part of his remit” and that he watched a video of every goal we conceded last year. It wouldn’t take a genius to work out that set pieces are our major weakness, and one that probably cost us a playoff place last year.

Potentially a good sign that it appears that this will be a focus in training. Say what you like about the brand of football “big Sams” teams play, they are always great at set pieces at both ends of the pitch.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 21:29]

What caught my eye was in this sentence when he states he is especially looking forward to working with Nordfeldt. Not sure if he was asked a specific question about Kris and then it got edited to fit the article?

“I’ve been impressed with the two keepers so far in pre-season and I’m looking forward to working more with Kris,’’ explained Margetson.

New Keeper on 11:46 - Jul 6 with 2898 viewsRancid

New Keeper on 06:03 - Jul 5 by Kilkennyjack

We signed Zabret in July 2013.

We need a keeper, will he ever be ready ?
Not in our (poor) top 3 - and he is now 23.

Play him or get rid...?
Had more chance than any local keeper would have.

Went on loan to Oldham yesterday I think
New Keeper on 14:53 - Jul 6 with 2825 viewsNotLoyal

New Keeper on 11:25 - Jul 5 by Jacket

I have to say that it's quite sad to hear a Baglan boy saying that being with England is the pinnacle of his career. That stumbling to the semi-final of a World Cup with another country somehow stumps taking your own country to the semi-final of the Euros. Surely helping your own country to become the smallest country to reach the semi-finals of a major football tournament is more of an achievement than taking England to a stage you would expect a footballing country of it's size to regularly reach.

It doesn't take away from the quality of his appointment or his ability to do a good job, possibly to the contrary. But it does make me think less of him as a person, I cannot lie.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 11:27]

Clearly playing for our underlings down the road had no impact, not surprising.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New Keeper on 17:42 - Jul 6 with 2751 viewsJacket

New Keeper on 14:53 - Jul 6 by NotLoyal

Clearly playing for our underlings down the road had no impact, not surprising.

Annis and his chums were still throwing plastic chairs on England trips back then weren't they.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024