Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol 11:35 - Jul 5 with 3097 viewscontroversial_jack

I recently had the misfortune to be diverted via Bristol city centre while on my way to the Airport. What a dump some parts of the city are, much worse than anything in Cardiff or Swansea. I wouldn't like to drive through there during rush hour either.
Bristol on 11:49 - Jul 5 with 2341 viewsMrSwerve

There are some rough areas, St. Paul’s for example, but I’d argue whether it’s worse than some of our areas.

Bristol as a city centre is far superior to ours.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Bristol on 12:40 - Jul 5 with 2287 viewsEbo

City has rough part area shock....

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bristol on 14:07 - Jul 5 with 2197 viewsnantywatcher

Bristol on 11:49 - Jul 5 by MrSwerve

There are some rough areas, St. Paul’s for example, but I’d argue whether it’s worse than some of our areas.

Bristol as a city centre is far superior to ours.

St Pauls Festival this weekend - brilliant experience and well worth a visit.
Bristol on 14:18 - Jul 5 with 2187 viewsdickythorpe

Cheltenham is far more modern than I ever thought it was.
I was expecting a "mini Bath". Found it easier to get in and out of than Bath.

Bristol has developed nicely over the years though.

I wouldn't knock Swansea too much, it's far better than many places that brag about their history and culture.

I've just come back from Newark and it looks closed after 5pm.
Our marina, SA1 and city centre is far livelier in the evenings and has a better night time economy with plenty of hotels, car parks (more important than you'd think) restaurants and bars.
Bristol on 14:29 - Jul 5 with 2171 viewsBrynCartwright

Bristol on 14:07 - Jul 5 by nantywatcher

St Pauls Festival this weekend - brilliant experience and well worth a visit.

St Pauls festival is indeed very good. Found the sound systems to be even louder than Notting Hill. All about that bass!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Bristol on 15:35 - Jul 5 with 2101 viewsDr_Winston

Had a lovely day on the piss in Fishponds recently.

I like Bristol. Always have. Spent a lot of time there over the years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol on 17:42 - Jul 5 with 2007 viewsdickythorpe

Bristol on 15:35 - Jul 5 by Dr_Winston

Had a lovely day on the piss in Fishponds recently.

I like Bristol. Always have. Spent a lot of time there over the years.

Is that the Riverside?
Bristol on 22:28 - Jul 5 with 1814 viewsSwanDownUnder

Love Bristol, I'm off to St. Pauls Carnival tommorrow :)
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol on 22:45 - Jul 5 with 1797 viewsbuilthjack

I loves a night out on Gloucester road

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol on 23:00 - Jul 5 with 1786 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Some of the architecture, especially the old university buildings are jaw droppingly magnificent.
A beautiful city in parts with some very old parts . Cardiff is Milton Keynes by comparison

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol on 02:40 - Jul 6 with 1713 viewsNotLoyal

MAGS

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol on 04:56 - Jul 6 with 1684 viewsjackportis

Bristol Centre is very multi cultural which is great sprinkled with the odd wacky snowflake student and low white earners. The controlled graffiti (yes certain buildings are designated) Is much better than the non designated. I’m sure Jeremy Corbyn would enjoy it. The local accents when found are for certainly different. The outside villages and small towns are at present ok.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Bristol on 09:37 - Jul 6 with 1596 viewsoldcob

Bristol on 04:56 - Jul 6 by jackportis

Bristol Centre is very multi cultural which is great sprinkled with the odd wacky snowflake student and low white earners. The controlled graffiti (yes certain buildings are designated) Is much better than the non designated. I’m sure Jeremy Corbyn would enjoy it. The local accents when found are for certainly different. The outside villages and small towns are at present ok.

Don't like Bristol much. Did a concert in Coslton Hall as part of a choir many years back. A gang of local youths thought it would be a good idea to throw stones at the choir (along with wives) as we walked back to the buses.
Bristol on 10:19 - Jul 6 with 1574 viewscontroversial_jack

Bristol on 09:37 - Jul 6 by oldcob

Don't like Bristol much. Did a concert in Coslton Hall as part of a choir many years back. A gang of local youths thought it would be a good idea to throw stones at the choir (along with wives) as we walked back to the buses.

They don't like the Welsh apparently, although I have never experienced any hostility.
Bristol on 15:12 - Jul 6 with 1489 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol on 10:19 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

They don't like the Welsh apparently, although I have never experienced any hostility.

A lot of the less educated morons don’t. I’ve many many nice Bristolians and they’ve been great company. I’d rather fly out of Bristol than Cardiff any day

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol on 15:25 - Jul 6 with 1477 viewscontroversial_jack

Bristol on 15:12 - Jul 6 by Brynmill_Jack

A lot of the less educated morons don’t. I’ve many many nice Bristolians and they’ve been great company. I’d rather fly out of Bristol than Cardiff any day

Yes, me too!
Bristol on 16:01 - Jul 6 with 1439 viewsMrSwerve

Bristol on 15:12 - Jul 6 by Brynmill_Jack

I worked in the centre for a year and never had anything said to me. In fact, they were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

All this ‘people from town/country X hate people from town/country Y’ is a load of bollocks anyway. There are twàts in every town.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Bristol on 20:32 - Jul 6 with 1353 viewsthe_oracle

Horrible city, horrible people. Used to work there. They hated the Welsh. Was told, when asked where I was from, " Swansea, what a fAcking sh!t hole" , this from a bloke living in Knowle West! (makes Caerau and Ely look gentrified). One chap threatened me with a shot gun, and another offered to slit my throat if I didn't buy him a pint.
Bristol on 20:38 - Jul 6 with 1338 viewsmonmouth

They threw their wives at you? Fair play.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bristol on 20:38 - Jul 6 with 1338 viewssainthelens

They threw wives? Was it like dwarf tossing?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 20:39]
Bristol on 20:43 - Jul 6 with 1326 viewsDr_Winston

Bristol on 17:42 - Jul 5 by dickythorpe

Is that the Riverside?

It's NE Bristol.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol on 20:44 - Jul 6 with 1319 viewsDr_Winston

Bristol on 22:45 - Jul 5 by builthjack

I loves a night out on Gloucester road

My mum used to run the John Cabot/Royal Oak on Gloucester Road. Spent many a happy evening pub crawling along Pigsty Hill.

Bristol on 20:50 - Jul 6 with 1309 viewsLohengrin

My eldest lives in Cotham. That’s a nice place.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bristol on 20:50 - Jul 6 with 1309 viewsmonmouth

Never grown to love Brizzle, despite working there for 16 years. That said, wifey is talking about a flat on the water at the harbourside for retirement, which would be a pleasant location, as would Clifton, where I spend most of my working life. Some cracking little pubs in the city if you can find them too. And it is a proper city unlike, say, Cardiff.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bristol on 20:55 - Jul 6 with 1301 viewsDr_Winston

Bristol on 20:50 - Jul 6 by monmouth

Never grown to love Brizzle, despite working there for 16 years. That said, wifey is talking about a flat on the water at the harbourside for retirement, which would be a pleasant location, as would Clifton, where I spend most of my working life. Some cracking little pubs in the city if you can find them too. And it is a proper city unlike, say, Cardiff.

Always found Brizzle to be far superior to Cardiff in every respect.

If the Harbourside is anywhere near the Bag 'o Nails, The Grain Barge or The Apple I could happily retire there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024