Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swansea Air Show 19:43 - Jul 6 with 3531 viewsdickythorpe

Did anyone go today? (Still on tomorrow)

I think I can remember someone saying the best view was from Aberavon Beach.

I'd wager Dyfed Avenue in Townhill would be a pretty impressive viewpoint as well.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 19:43]
The Swansea Air Show on 21:45 - Jul 6 with 2044 viewsDrGonzo

I'd appreciate any advice on parking or if it's worth getting the train/bus thank you please.
The Swansea Air Show on 21:54 - Jul 6 with 2020 viewsDr_Winston

The Swansea Air Show on 21:45 - Jul 6 by DrGonzo

I'd appreciate any advice on parking or if it's worth getting the train/bus thank you please.

Did the park and ride today. Easy enough for a tenner.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Swansea Air Show on 21:57 - Jul 6 with 2014 viewsDrGonzo

The Swansea Air Show on 21:54 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Did the park and ride today. Easy enough for a tenner.

Fabian way? Not that it matters I could do landore?
The Swansea Air Show on 22:06 - Jul 6 with 1998 viewsDr_Winston

The Swansea Air Show on 21:57 - Jul 6 by DrGonzo

Fabian way? Not that it matters I could do landore?

I did Landore.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Swansea Air Show on 22:10 - Jul 6 with 1987 viewsjackpen

The Swansea Air Show on 21:45 - Jul 6 by DrGonzo

If you are ok with walking, we parked today for free in the cul-de-sac road opposite Bishop Gore school (Cae Bryn Avenue). About a 1 mile walk down through Singleton Park to the show, then. We parked about 11.45am, no problem.
The Swansea Air Show on 22:11 - Jul 6 with 1977 viewsDrGonzo

I'll be coming from Port Talbot way my friend to Fabian way car park is my first port of call unless I take the long way around to landore. May just bite the bullet and pay the parm and ride.
The Swansea Air Show on 22:12 - Jul 6 with 1973 viewsLeonWasGod

Watched the arse of it for a change from Mumbles pier. It was ok, no hassle and traffic-free, but distant. I imagine Aberavon beach would be. Best down on the seafront imo.
The Swansea Air Show on 22:17 - Jul 6 with 1965 viewsDarran

I was going to go down but someone said the real Red Arrows were in London for Pride and the substitute Red Arrows were in Swansea so I didn’t bother.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

The Swansea Air Show on 23:17 - Jul 6 with 1897 viewsdickythorpe

The Swansea Air Show on 22:17 - Jul 6 by Darran

I was going to go down but someone said the real Red Arrows were in London for Pride and the substitute Red Arrows were in Swansea so I didn’t bother.

Don't believe those lies Darren. The very same red arrows that were up in London are now in Cardiff.
They then will have a rest, sleep, breakfast then fly over to Swansea tomorrow.
The Swansea Air Show on 23:29 - Jul 6 with 1872 viewsjack2jack

Just back from the evening show, mind you we were at The Marriott end.
There were about 5 hot air balloons which did a ground display, not airborne.
There was also some planes with firework trails, and a firework display at the end.
Don't think that's on tomorrow, check, I could be talking bollox(again).
All in all not a bad evening😀🎆
The Swansea Air Show on 00:56 - Jul 7 with 1803 viewswestside

Watched it from Patti Raj and it was rocking with a DJ outside.

Balloons were on the beach by st helens and it was packed tonight
The Swansea Air Show on 07:22 - Jul 7 with 1708 viewsbazzool

The Swansea Air Show on 22:12 - Jul 6 by LeonWasGod

Watched the arse of it for a change from Mumbles pier. It was ok, no hassle and traffic-free, but distant. I imagine Aberavon beach would be. Best down on the seafront imo.

My Mrs and kids went down port Talbot beach but she said they couldn't see alot down there, I'm gutted I'm in Cumbria working, I love the airshow, apparently there were going to be lasers shining out from planes at around 10.30pm , don't know if this did happen though
The Swansea Air Show on 08:37 - Jul 7 with 1648 viewsItchySphincter

I’ve watched from Aberavon beach before. It’s very nice down there and you can see it but it’s too far away to appreciate it really.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Swansea Air Show on 09:07 - Jul 7 with 1601 viewssquarebear

The Swansea Air Show on 08:37 - Jul 7 by ItchySphincter

I’ve watched from Aberavon beach before. It’s very nice down there and you can see it but it’s too far away to appreciate it really.

Is this helicopter part of the show? M Some of us were having a lie-in.
The Swansea Air Show on 09:18 - Jul 7 with 1582 viewsjack2jack

The Swansea Air Show on 07:22 - Jul 7 by bazzool

My Mrs and kids went down port Talbot beach but she said they couldn't see alot down there, I'm gutted I'm in Cumbria working, I love the airshow, apparently there were going to be lasers shining out from planes at around 10.30pm , don't know if this did happen though

Bit confused really Baz, we thought the balloons were taking off, but didn't happen, also thought there was going to be a laser show.Enjoyed anyway, it was heaving down there, fair play.
The Swansea Air Show on 09:43 - Jul 7 with 1546 viewsN_T_J

Does anyone know what time the Spitfire and Lancaster fly over? I stood on Aberavon beach last year as they flew over you.

Thanks in advanced
The Swansea Air Show on 09:52 - Jul 7 with 1526 viewsMrSwerve

Great for the city but it does get very repetitive in my opinion. Nothing too exciting...they need to look at expanding it a bit. The Red Arrows, as spectacular as they are, are a bit meh if you’ve seen them 20-30 times before. The only truly spectacular aircraft is the Eurofighter...that gets everyone’s hearts going.

That’s just me though...I’m a huge plane geek but I’m more interested in watching Boeings and Airbuses flyby at Farnborough.

Would be some great publicity for Ryanair/EasyJet to do a low flyby of the beach and high performance climb. That would be great to watch.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Swansea Air Show on 09:56 - Jul 7 with 1519 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Swansea Air Show on 09:52 - Jul 7 by MrSwerve

Great for the city but it does get very repetitive in my opinion. Nothing too exciting...they need to look at expanding it a bit. The Red Arrows, as spectacular as they are, are a bit meh if you’ve seen them 20-30 times before. The only truly spectacular aircraft is the Eurofighter...that gets everyone’s hearts going.

That’s just me though...I’m a huge plane geek but I’m more interested in watching Boeings and Airbuses flyby at Farnborough.

Would be some great publicity for Ryanair/EasyJet to do a low flyby of the beach and high performance climb. That would be great to watch.

Perhaps they should make it an armed forces show with a couple of big naval vessels in the bay and a submarine to visit down the docks.

Anyone know the name of the band playing as part of the evening air show by the way?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Swansea Air Show on 10:02 - Jul 7 with 1511 viewssquarebear

I don't think the event would be diminished by having it on alternate years only.
The Swansea Air Show on 10:06 - Jul 7 with 1503 viewsMrSwerve

The Swansea Air Show on 10:02 - Jul 7 by squarebear

I don't think the event would be diminished by having it on alternate years only.

Indeed.

Seems popular enough with families and kids at the moment though.

As I said, great for the city, but they need to make a bit more effort if they really want it to be an ‘airshow’ and entice aviation enthusiasts in. Sending a Chinook and a Spitfire up every year is getting repetitive.

I guess they’re happy with it being a bit of a pissup and family day on the beach.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Swansea Air Show on 11:36 - Jul 7 with 1418 viewsSgorioFruit

The Swansea Air Show on 10:06 - Jul 7 by MrSwerve

Indeed.

Seems popular enough with families and kids at the moment though.

As I said, great for the city, but they need to make a bit more effort if they really want it to be an ‘airshow’ and entice aviation enthusiasts in. Sending a Chinook and a Spitfire up every year is getting repetitive.

I guess they’re happy with it being a bit of a pissup and family day on the beach.

you are right about the repetitiveness.
This is the first time in a few years that I haven't gone down to see my former colleagues.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Swansea Air Show on 12:06 - Jul 7 with 1390 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Swansea Air Show on 09:43 - Jul 7 by N_T_J

Does anyone know what time the Spitfire and Lancaster fly over? I stood on Aberavon beach last year as they flew over you.

Thanks in advanced

1pm
The Swansea Air Show on 12:16 - Jul 7 with 1375 viewsCountyJim

Lancaster bomber flew over Newport yesterday must have been on way down lovely sight it was
The Swansea Air Show on 12:55 - Jul 7 with 1332 viewsdickythorpe

The Swansea Air Show on 12:16 - Jul 7 by CountyJim

Lancaster bomber flew over Newport yesterday must have been on way down lovely sight it was

Sounds like a mature cheese Jim.
The Swansea Air Show on 13:41 - Jul 7 with 1286 viewsN_T_J

The Swansea Air Show on 12:06 - Jul 7 by Treforys_Jack

1pm

Ok cheers, guess i Missed them then 🙈
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024