Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swansea Air Show 19:43 - Jul 6 with 3530 viewsdickythorpe

Did anyone go today? (Still on tomorrow)

I think I can remember someone saying the best view was from Aberavon Beach.

I'd wager Dyfed Avenue in Townhill would be a pretty impressive viewpoint as well.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 19:43]
The Swansea Air Show on 14:08 - Jul 7 with 1401 viewsAguycalledJack

Did the club have any representation there?
The Swansea Air Show on 14:58 - Jul 7 with 1347 viewsHighjack

The Swansea Air Show on 14:08 - Jul 7 by AguycalledJack

I think I saw Phil doing loop de loops in the Trust helicopter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Swansea Air Show on 15:09 - Jul 7 with 1335 viewsdickythorpe

Yes, a Messerschmitt flew over and Nordfellt missed it
The Swansea Air Show on 15:43 - Jul 7 with 1307 viewsMrSwerve

Jason Levien flew over in a P51-Mustang, firing at the tower in SA1, landing in Mumbles and taking shit on the top of the Big Apple by the pier. Allegedly.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Swansea Air Show on 16:44 - Jul 7 with 1234 viewsTreforys_Jack

Spent the afternoon up Fairwood Airport, nice to see it used, bit surreal seeing 2 Spitfires on the tarmac next to 2 Buchons.
The Swansea Air Show on 17:08 - Jul 7 with 1206 viewsPacemaker

Yes they had a stand there selling merchandise

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Swansea Air Show on 23:48 - Jul 7 with 1033 viewsEbo

The Swansea Air Show on 21:54 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Did the park and ride today. Easy enough for a tenner.

£10 is shocking for park and ride. If the council wanted to keep a minimum of traffic in the city centre they should have kept the prices at £2:50. I was lucky as I have a parking pass for St Davids and the place was jammed with ticket barriers (as always) out of order so they were up on the way out.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Swansea Air Show on 00:17 - Jul 8 with 1015 viewsLord_Bony

The Swansea Air Show on 23:48 - Jul 7 by Ebo

£10 is shocking for park and ride. If the council wanted to keep a minimum of traffic in the city centre they should have kept the prices at £2:50. I was lucky as I have a parking pass for St Davids and the place was jammed with ticket barriers (as always) out of order so they were up on the way out.

I paid £20 to park in the Civic centre for Sundays show.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

The Swansea Air Show on 00:21 - Jul 8 with 1008 viewsEbo

The Swansea Air Show on 00:17 - Jul 8 by Lord_Bony

That is shocking.

The Swansea Air Show on 00:52 - Jul 8 with 992 viewsJack123

The Swansea Air Show on 00:17 - Jul 8 by Lord_Bony

Good old Swansea Council! That is ferking diabolical too be honest, extortionate charges, and from what I heard, also extortionate charges on food and beverage,

From what I have heard family of four, sausage and chips , and 2 beers, and 2 soft drinks you would not get much change out of 50 quid, I don't blame the vendors, most prob the council have screwed the hell out of them to trade there.. I wonder where the profits are going.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 0:58]

libera nos a malo

The Swansea Air Show on 06:21 - Jul 8 with 924 viewsDr_Winston

The Swansea Air Show on 00:52 - Jul 8 by Jack123

Good old Swansea Council! That is ferking diabolical too be honest, extortionate charges, and from what I heard, also extortionate charges on food and beverage,

From what I have heard family of four, sausage and chips , and 2 beers, and 2 soft drinks you would not get much change out of 50 quid, I don't blame the vendors, most prob the council have screwed the hell out of them to trade there.. I wonder where the profits are going.

Profits? In an event run by Swansea Council, you expect profits?

This is the local authority that couldn't make the most popular indoor attraction in Wales pay for itself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Swansea Air Show on 10:41 - Jul 8 with 824 viewsjack_lord

The Swansea Air Show on 00:52 - Jul 8 by Jack123

I had a large curry and chips from the Argyle Chippy. Some old fellow asked where to get them as well.
All events are going to be expensive these days and SCC are no different. Can't blame for the extortionate food charges as they are food trucks and will be charging the same wherever they go.
Fantastic day out and well organised and (apart from parking and food) it was free.
I parked in the Sandfields on Sunday and plenty of spaces.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Swansea Air Show on 10:56 - Jul 8 with 807 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Swansea Air Show on 10:41 - Jul 8 by jack_lord

I had a large curry and chips from the Argyle Chippy. Some old fellow asked where to get them as well.
All events are going to be expensive these days and SCC are no different. Can't blame for the extortionate food charges as they are food trucks and will be charging the same wherever they go.
Fantastic day out and well organised and (apart from parking and food) it was free.
I parked in the Sandfields on Sunday and plenty of spaces.

I’m surprised people didn’t have the boys to wander a 1/4 of a mile to have a bar meal in one of the local pubs or even a curry on St. Helens road? The argyle chippy and the Roma were near too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Swansea Air Show on 12:47 - Jul 8 with 746 viewsNeathJack

The Swansea Air Show on 00:21 - Jul 8 by Ebo

That is shocking.

Has to be balanced out I supposed with the fact the event itself is free.

Service bus in and out for £4 and bring your own food.

Job done.
The Swansea Air Show on 12:57 - Jul 8 with 737 viewsEbo

The Swansea Air Show on 12:47 - Jul 8 by NeathJack

Job done.

That’s a massive balancing out from £2:50 to £10 and £20. I doubt many locals paid that fee. Won’t be long before there’s reports of the council and residents complaining about parking in and around the town centre.

The Swansea Air Show on 16:17 - Jul 8 with 642 viewsLord_Bony

The Swansea Air Show on 12:47 - Jul 8 by NeathJack

Job done.

In fairness admission was free and we got right into the action with the car park close to the beach just a short walk away. There was five of us, myself, the wife,our 9yr old and a couple of his friends. So to lug all that gear from say Parc Tawe like last year with a bunch of kids would have been a nightmare.

Hoping to go to RAF Fairford, Glos next week for the air show there,albeit on a different level but the tickets cost £57 each.

So all in all,can’t really complain about Swansea, great day out for kids and families if the weather is good. Last year we had really heavy rain if you remember and it was crap.

Apparently a great turnout over the weekend.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024