Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coopie's expertise. 11:01 - Jul 7 with 4979 viewsjackrmee

I remember pointing out when we appointed him that he has been at various seminars and giving speeches to people doing their coaching badges, basically helping teach the new managers etc. about tactics and stuff.
Jasper told me that it wasn't anything special, as they will ask just about anyone to do that and it wasn't because he had any special skills.

I don't know much about that type of thing, so I agreed that could be the case, but still thought there was more to it.

Then I read this new article from Margetson, who talks about the time Cooper was sent out to Russia to advise Southgate and the England coaching team on the Colombia match. (am match England won to take them to the World Cup quarter finals).

“Steve came out to Russia for last year’s World Cup finals and spent a week with the squad out there. He was helping to advise us and did an amazing presentation on opponents Colombia.
“Steve’s reputation throughout the whole of the FA was, and still is, outstanding. When he came out and helped with the senior team in Russia the transition that he made from managing the under-17s was easy for him.
"The presentation he gave to Gareth Southgate and the technical staff was first class.’’

Surely no-one can convince me this time that these things are just random.
The FA must have been wanting him to advise and teach at these things because they new he had what it takes.
Teaching and advising during the coaching badges training is one thing, but being flown out to Russia to advise the national team manager is a major deal and must show that he has some enviable expertise that many people can learn from.

Can only be good for the future of our players.

edit...here's the link to the article https://www.swanseacity.com/news/russia-presentation-left-margetson-sure-cooper-
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 11:02]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Coopie's expertise. on 17:56 - Jul 7 with 1357 viewsdickythorpe

Coopie's expertise. on 17:36 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

Nope. Wasn’t convinced when we made the appointment and I have the feeling we will lose more players before the start without replacing.

It’s going to be a very, very long season in my opinion and midtable/survival will be more than acceptable until the Americans leave.

Well stop calling me out Risca mun if you agree with me!!!!
Coopie's expertise. on 17:56 - Jul 7 with 1348 views34dfgdf54

Coopie's expertise. on 17:52 - Jul 7 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m sure some people out there just want him to fail so they can say “I told you so!”. Fans, eh?

Possibly.

Not me though, not convinced about the appointment at all, but owners will be the ones who who should take the blame imo.
Coopie's expertise. on 18:23 - Jul 7 with 1318 viewsmagicdaps10

Coopie's expertise. on 17:40 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

No chance in my opinion.

Cooper will get it both barrels before the yanks.

Do that and we really deserve all we get.

Please remember this and take it on board, judge Cooper on the squad he has to hand once the transfer window closes.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Coopie's expertise. on 18:32 - Jul 7 with 1306 viewsbuilthjack

Coopie's expertise. on 17:39 - Jul 7 by magicdaps10

I guarantee you that if we have a poor start, it will be the yanks who will be turned on first.

This transfer window still has a few stories to run.

If we keep selling and don't replace, then yes, blame the Yanks.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coopie's expertise. on 19:01 - Jul 7 with 1268 viewsswancity

Coopie 😂

21st or above is the aim. The slump in playing resources is that sudden and alarming. Do not expect much more than mixing it in the bottom six. The management have a massive task on their hands unless the quality of the first team squad improves.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Coopie's expertise. on 19:11 - Jul 7 with 1252 viewsSwanseaman

Coopie's expertise. on 19:01 - Jul 7 by swancity

Coopie 😂

21st or above is the aim. The slump in playing resources is that sudden and alarming. Do not expect much more than mixing it in the bottom six. The management have a massive task on their hands unless the quality of the first team squad improves.

if we are due to lose mcburnie or vdh then I would probably agree, we'd more likely be scraping near the bottom, than up closer to the top.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Coopie's expertise. on 19:36 - Jul 7 with 1224 viewsjackrmee

Coopie's expertise. on 17:36 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

Nope. Wasn’t convinced when we made the appointment and I have the feeling we will lose more players before the start without replacing.

It’s going to be a very, very long season in my opinion and midtable/survival will be more than acceptable until the Americans leave.

I agree with you that midtable/survival will be acceptable, but I want to see a gradual improvement in learning and working together (not necessarily results).

I also agree that we may well lose more players without replacing properly, but I am becoming more and more convinced with each passing day that Cooper is the man for the job and his backroom team are the ones to support him with all that other stuff.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Coopie's expertise. on 19:37 - Jul 7 with 1222 viewsjackrmee

Coopie's expertise. on 17:52 - Jul 7 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m sure some people out there just want him to fail so they can say “I told you so!”. Fans, eh?

Exactly

Login to get fewer ads

Coopie's expertise. on 19:59 - Jul 7 with 1198 viewsswancity

Coopie's expertise. on 19:37 - Jul 7 by jackrmee

Exactly

Be nice to get Trundie Brittie De Guzie and a few others back 😂😂😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Coopie's expertise. on 20:02 - Jul 7 with 1191 viewsplasjack

Coopie's expertise. on 19:59 - Jul 7 by swancity

Be nice to get Trundie Brittie De Guzie and a few others back 😂😂😂

You missed out Michie.
Coopie's expertise. on 20:06 - Jul 7 with 1184 viewsmajorraglan

If Ayew and Baston can be offloaded relatively quickly, then that should give the club a very good idea of how the future finances stack up and the size of the “black hole.” As things stand, the club has to continue honouring Ayew, Baston and the other high earners contracts in full, once they are off the books the club can take stock and hopefully move forward.

In terms of Cooper, he may be brilliant he may be a duffer, but people need to give him space and also make allowances if he’s got nothing but kids in the team. Let’s give him a fair crack, but not build him up to be the next Messiah.
Coopie's expertise. on 20:15 - Jul 7 with 1178 viewsThrasher6

Coopie's expertise. on 20:06 - Jul 7 by majorraglan

If Ayew and Baston can be offloaded relatively quickly, then that should give the club a very good idea of how the future finances stack up and the size of the “black hole.” As things stand, the club has to continue honouring Ayew, Baston and the other high earners contracts in full, once they are off the books the club can take stock and hopefully move forward.

In terms of Cooper, he may be brilliant he may be a duffer, but people need to give him space and also make allowances if he’s got nothing but kids in the team. Let’s give him a fair crack, but not build him up to be the next Messiah.

We all have opinions...I go back to Leon, Curt and Birch (he's seen a lot of managers) agreeing he's the right fit...that's enough for me to be positive.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Coopie's expertise. on 22:56 - Jul 7 with 1081 viewsTNT

Coopie's expertise. on 20:15 - Jul 7 by Thrasher6

We all have opinions...I go back to Leon, Curt and Birch (he's seen a lot of managers) agreeing he's the right fit...that's enough for me to be positive.

Agree with that mate.

I'm 100% behind our new manager. He / we need to get started now.

His old man is still an 'anti Swansea' pr*k.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 23:03]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Coopie's expertise. on 06:33 - Jul 8 with 1008 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coopie's expertise. on 17:56 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

Possibly.

Not me though, not convinced about the appointment at all, but owners will be the ones who who should take the blame imo.

Not aimed at you mate. A dose of healthy scepticism is ok but the way some people reacted to his appointment was hideous. As if we could get any manager out there to come and work with no budget and a bunch of kids. All that and probably 100k a year. By that reasoning I think we’ve done quite well to get Cooper.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024