Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Young Starling. 20:45 - Jul 7 with 3900 viewsGaryjack

I've caught a little starling in the garden today, he's trotting around eating and drinking but can't fly as he obviously has a damaged wing. Anyone know what i can do for him? We've all got a soft side and no way can i just leave him as easy prey for a cat, but any advice? Do i bandage his wing up and keep him until he recovers? What do i feed him etc?
Young Starling. on 18:45 - Jul 8 with 1013 viewsWarwickHunt

Young Starling. on 20:48 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

There’s a bird hospital in Pennard. We took one there a few years ago when we had a similar issue.

http://gowerbirdhospital.org.uk/default.asp

The RSPB were fûcking useless when I found a sparrow with a broken wing in the garden. The RSPCA said to bring it in and they’d put in a bird sanctuary.

They may have wrung its neck for all I know but I felt better saving from the local cats.
Young Starling. on 19:25 - Jul 8 with 985 viewslondonlisa2001

Young Starling. on 18:45 - Jul 8 by WarwickHunt

The RSPB were fûcking useless when I found a sparrow with a broken wing in the garden. The RSPCA said to bring it in and they’d put in a bird sanctuary.

They may have wrung its neck for all I know but I felt better saving from the local cats.

Last summer we had a pigeon that couldn’t fly stuck in the garden.

After a couple of days of giving it water and food it still couldn’t fly and by that point the dog was bored of only being allowed in the garden on a lead (we were worried she’d pounce on it) and next door have cats, so we called the RSPB to be told they don’t do anything about birds in that situation.

Ended up calling the RSPCA who sent a warden round to pick it up and they took it to their hospital. He said that it was a broken wing and it would probably not recover, but if that was the case they’d kill it humanely rather than it being torn apart, so I was glad we did it.
Young Starling. on 19:34 - Jul 8 with 964 viewsHumpty

Young Starling. on 18:25 - Jul 8 by union_jack

My wife took a crow chick to the Hospital in Pennard on Saturday. We’ve got quite a few nesting with us and they’re noisy buggers to say the least!

She was told that the bird will probably recover and be released but they also said that people are bringing in lots of baby gulls. People are picking them up thinking they’re discarded by the mother or injured but they are actually fed on the ground so there’s nothing wrong with them.

A bit of info for anyone who comes across such a scenario! Just leave them there.

Just leave baby gulls alone full stop.

They have very attentive and aggressive parents.
Young Starling. on 22:22 - Jul 8 with 898 viewsGaryjack

Wring it's neck is it? I took 'Darran' out of the shed this morning, and he hopped around the kitchen after i'd gone to work. He followed the wife everywhere she went, and when i came home from work, we took off Darran's bandage and off he flew with the other Starlings in the garden. So glad i didn't take the advice of the experts, or poor Darran would be dead meat!
Young Starling. on 22:23 - Jul 8 with 890 viewsDarran

Young Starling. on 22:22 - Jul 8 by Garyjack

Wring it's neck is it? I took 'Darran' out of the shed this morning, and he hopped around the kitchen after i'd gone to work. He followed the wife everywhere she went, and when i came home from work, we took off Darran's bandage and off he flew with the other Starlings in the garden. So glad i didn't take the advice of the experts, or poor Darran would be dead meat!

I never said to wring it’s neck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Young Starling. on 22:26 - Jul 8 with 885 viewsGaryjack

Young Starling. on 22:23 - Jul 8 by Darran

I never said to wring it’s neck.

But i still named him after you. Take it as a compliment!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 22:27]
Young Starling. on 22:31 - Jul 8 with 869 viewsbonymine

Young Starling. on 22:26 - Jul 8 by Garyjack

But i still named him after you. Take it as a compliment!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 22:27]

Has he got a brother called Raheem Gary ? 😉🙈🤣🤣

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Young Starling. on 22:32 - Jul 8 with 866 viewsTreforys_Jack

Young Starling. on 22:22 - Jul 8 by Garyjack

Gary can you apply your healing powers to Jeff's hamstrings.

Great job, loves a happy ending me.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 22:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Young Starling. on 01:17 - Jul 9 with 817 viewsDJack

Young Starling. on 18:37 - Jul 8 by WarwickHunt

That wasn’t my missus’s reaction when she found a bird under our duvet...

Swallow?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Young Starling. on 07:05 - Jul 9 with 777 viewsdickythorpe

Good outcome all round!!!

Right, onto next problem...a football club has a goalkeeper that can't do very much plus a defence that leaks quicker than a penlan prefab bog....any ideas?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024