Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff airport 22:08 - Jul 8 with 1357 viewscontroversial_jack

Does anyone know where the pick up parking is at the airport, is it best to use the long or short stay car park? I hate driving around airports trying to guess where to go.
Cardiff airport on 22:24 - Jul 8 with 1338 viewsItchySphincter

You can pick up and drop off outside the terminal.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cardiff airport on 00:06 - Jul 9 with 1290 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff airport on 22:24 - Jul 8 by ItchySphincter

You can pick up and drop off outside the terminal.

Thank you.
Cardiff airport on 11:42 - Jul 9 with 1155 viewsBarrySwan

Cardiff airport on 00:06 - Jul 9 by controversial_jack

Thank you.

However you still have to pay a £1 at the barrier and have only 20 minutes before further charges are incurred.

The best way to pick up passengers for just the £1 is to park up in the industrial estate to the South of the terminal ( opposite the Holiday Express hotel) and wait for your passengers to get out of arrivals to ring you and then you can pop along the 300 yards to the barrier pay your £1 and meet them at the Pick up / drop off point right outside the terminal.

If you go through the barrier without waiting for a phone call off the people you are picking up they may well be held up in arrivals and you will have to go around again paying another £1 and still not know if they are out of the building yet.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 11:43]
Cardiff airport on 11:45 - Jul 9 with 1146 viewsOptimisticJack

Cardiff airport on 11:42 - Jul 9 by BarrySwan

However you still have to pay a £1 at the barrier and have only 20 minutes before further charges are incurred.

The best way to pick up passengers for just the £1 is to park up in the industrial estate to the South of the terminal ( opposite the Holiday Express hotel) and wait for your passengers to get out of arrivals to ring you and then you can pop along the 300 yards to the barrier pay your £1 and meet them at the Pick up / drop off point right outside the terminal.

If you go through the barrier without waiting for a phone call off the people you are picking up they may well be held up in arrivals and you will have to go around again paying another £1 and still not know if they are out of the building yet.

It's free for a brief period to pick up and drop off. I believe it allows 10 minutes.

Optimisticjack

Cardiff airport on 11:46 - Jul 9 with 1144 viewsCooperman

I paid £4 a few weeks back for a drop off at Stansted; I was literally in and out of the drop off zone within two minutes. Shocking exploitation.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cardiff airport on 11:56 - Jul 9 with 1132 viewsOptimisticJack

Always wait for a phone call from your passengers being in or around the pick up area to avoid delays.

Optimisticjack

Cardiff airport on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 1119 viewscontroversial_jack

Good advice, thanks everyone.
Cardiff airport on 12:49 - Jul 12 with 909 viewsProfessor

Cardiff airport on 11:46 - Jul 9 by Cooperman

I paid £4 a few weeks back for a drop off at Stansted; I was literally in and out of the drop off zone within two minutes. Shocking exploitation.

Manchester Airport Group own Stansted- they are making a killing through this. Manchester is the third busiest airport in the UK. Must bring in 50K a day by this at MCR alone. Collection is even worse as you have to park. Often is 8 quid to collect someone.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff airport on 14:25 - Jul 12 with 868 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff airport on 12:49 - Jul 12 by Professor

Manchester Airport Group own Stansted- they are making a killing through this. Manchester is the third busiest airport in the UK. Must bring in 50K a day by this at MCR alone. Collection is even worse as you have to park. Often is 8 quid to collect someone.

Bristol is the same.
Cardiff airport on 15:19 - Jul 12 with 845 viewsCooperman

Cardiff airport on 14:25 - Jul 12 by controversial_jack

Bristol is the same.

You can get in and out of Bristol for a quid.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cardiff airport on 23:35 - Jul 12 with 765 viewstaffpunk

Cardiff airport on 11:45 - Jul 9 by OptimisticJack

It's free for a brief period to pick up and drop off. I believe it allows 10 minutes.

It's always free to quickly drop off. If there's security by the barriers and you're picking up, you'll end up paying a pound.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Cardiff airport on 00:06 - Jul 13 with 752 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff airport on 11:46 - Jul 9 by Cooperman

Did a pick up at Gatwick a couple of weeks ago, had to park in the short stay car park and cost me £4 for a few minutes. It also ended up being a 12 hour round rip due to all the traffic on the M25 being on stop for ages and ended up having to detour around Staines and Walton. Nightmare!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024