Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate 20:06 - Jul 9 with 7228 viewsunion_jack

I didn’t realise Hunt had been an entrepreneur. He should have said😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:24 - Jul 9 with 3239 viewsFergal

Johnson walking this.

Gove would have been a much tougher opponent.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:26 - Jul 9 with 3236 viewsunion_jack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:24 - Jul 9 by Fergal

Johnson walking this.

He’s shouting over Hunt and making promises he probably can’t keep.

Hunt always seems nervous.

Two bad candidates imo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:33 - Jul 9 with 3211 viewsdickythorpe

Boris can't shut up.
He'll be a disaster of a PM and all those in his party currently backing him will sharpen their knives aiming for his back when they realise what a buffoon he really is.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:35 - Jul 9 with 3207 viewsHighjack

Trevor McDonald’s looking well.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:40 - Jul 9 with 3198 viewsexiledclaseboy

5Live interviewed a group of Conservative Party members from Suffolk (I think) this morning. They were united to a man and woman in their adoration for Johnson. None of them could adequately explain why except for “he’s funny”, ‘cos that’s obviously an essential prerequisite for being prime minister, and “he’ll take us out with no deal”, which of course he won’t. It was thoroughly depressing although vaguely amusing to listen to while I was walking my ageing pooch this morning. This election isn’t a contest, it’s a coronation.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 20:59]

Poll: Tory leader

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:45 - Jul 9 with 3179 viewsLeonWasGod

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:26 - Jul 9 by union_jack

He’s shouting over Hunt and making promises he probably can’t keep.

Hunt always seems nervous.

Two bad candidates imo.

“Bad”.

Understatement of the decade.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:46 - Jul 9 with 3180 viewssherpajacob

Theresa May is undoubtedly the worst PM in living memory, possibly of all time, but watching it's now obvious why she was appointed unopposed in 2016, if these 2 are the next best candidates.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:53 - Jul 9 with 3161 viewsswan85

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:46 - Jul 9 by sherpajacob

Theresa May is undoubtedly the worst PM in living memory, possibly of all time, but watching it's now obvious why she was appointed unopposed in 2016, if these 2 are the next best candidates.

I must state I have never voted Tory in my life. TM was far from good, but the worst in history I don't agree with. She took on a job, in a country and Parliament that is fractured and not able to make a decision. Cameron ran to the hills, whether you agree with Brexit or not (I don't but can understand why people voted for it) he wanted to lance the Tory party boil, then royally ****** off.

But Hunt, Johnson or Corbyn as PM is a very sorry state of affairs imho.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 20:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:01 - Jul 9 with 3132 viewsLeonWasGod

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:53 - Jul 9 by swan85

I must state I have never voted Tory in my life. TM was far from good, but the worst in history I don't agree with. She took on a job, in a country and Parliament that is fractured and not able to make a decision. Cameron ran to the hills, whether you agree with Brexit or not (I don't but can understand why people voted for it) he wanted to lance the Tory party boil, then royally ****** off.

But Hunt, Johnson or Corbyn as PM is a very sorry state of affairs imho.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 20:54]

It’s a close one. May constantly backed herself into impossible positions as a quick fix to solve the current problem, leading to bigger problems down the line. She was stubborn, but lacked the courage to face something head on. She created many of the problems she faced herself.

Boris is similar; he’s promised all sorts because he’s only concerned about disposing of the problem (or person) in front of him at the time.

Cameron? Don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. We never saw him tested (because he ran away), and he threw away political advantage to secure his nomination to leader and to win an election (much the same as May).

Oh I don’t know. Can we agree they’re both feckin awful?
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:03 - Jul 9 with 3124 viewsswan85

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:01 - Jul 9 by LeonWasGod

It’s a close one. May constantly backed herself into impossible positions as a quick fix to solve the current problem, leading to bigger problems down the line. She was stubborn, but lacked the courage to face something head on. She created many of the problems she faced herself.

Boris is similar; he’s promised all sorts because he’s only concerned about disposing of the problem (or person) in front of him at the time.

Cameron? Don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. We never saw him tested (because he ran away), and he threw away political advantage to secure his nomination to leader and to win an election (much the same as May).

Oh I don’t know. Can we agree they’re both feckin awful?

Ha yes agree!!
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:07 - Jul 9 with 3110 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

All depressing on a day that Jezza found another fence to sit on.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:09 - Jul 9 with 3103 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:07 - Jul 9 by JACKMANANDBOY

All depressing on a day that Jezza found another fence to sit on.

Labour’s Brexit policy is an object lesson in prevarication.

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:16 - Jul 9 with 3075 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:09 - Jul 9 by exiledclaseboy

Labour’s Brexit policy is an object lesson in prevarication.

I think it's remain until another referendum then organise a Brexit if we win a general election if we can agree what that might be?

But tomorrow is another day.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 21:17]

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:21 - Jul 9 with 3053 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:16 - Jul 9 by JACKMANANDBOY

I think it's remain until another referendum then organise a Brexit if we win a general election if we can agree what that might be?

But tomorrow is another day.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 21:17]

I think they have clarified slightly today. They want a second referendum on any Brexit deal with remain as an option. But, and this is where it gets complicated, they’ll campaign for remain against any Tory negotiated Brexit deal but if Labour wins an election and negotiates its own Brexit deal they haven’t said if they’d campaign for remain or their own deal. Leaving the door open to them campaigning against acceptance of a deal they negotiated. The loons.

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:36 - Jul 9 with 3026 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:21 - Jul 9 by exiledclaseboy

I think they have clarified slightly today. They want a second referendum on any Brexit deal with remain as an option. But, and this is where it gets complicated, they’ll campaign for remain against any Tory negotiated Brexit deal but if Labour wins an election and negotiates its own Brexit deal they haven’t said if they’d campaign for remain or their own deal. Leaving the door open to them campaigning against acceptance of a deal they negotiated. The loons.

Help!

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 22:52 - Jul 9 with 2920 viewslonglostjack

To paraphrase Galbraith- Labour Party Committee meetings are indispensable when you don’t want to do anything.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 07:46 - Jul 10 with 2768 viewsbluey_the_blue

Even I'd not come up with that plan.

Seems to me Labour need to look at it from 20,000 feet, enjoy the panorama and form a coherent strategy. Nah never happen.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:24 - Jul 10 with 2666 viewsLord_Bony

the problem is there's basically no choice the cupboard is bare regarding good politicians to leaad this country,not like previous times.

There's something not quite right about this brexit and even though I voted for it I would be very open to the idea of another referendum I did not vote for this mess.I also think it would be a mistake just bulldozer our way through it with some hot head at the steering wheel , the whole future of the country for the next 50-years is at stake here.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:28 - Jul 10 with 2650 viewsBatterseajack

Bluey, have you decided on who you will be voting for? If so, care to share?
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:34 - Jul 10 with 2637 viewsHighjack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:24 - Jul 10 by Lord_Bony

the problem is there's basically no choice the cupboard is bare regarding good politicians to leaad this country,not like previous times.

There's something not quite right about this brexit and even though I voted for it I would be very open to the idea of another referendum I did not vote for this mess.I also think it would be a mistake just bulldozer our way through it with some hot head at the steering wheel , the whole future of the country for the next 50-years is at stake here.

Another referendum would be utterly pointless as we know now that only one of the options will be honoured. It would be a scam, a charade. Another leave win and we’d be right back to where we are with the establishment campaigning for a third referendum.

I would much rather it if our spineless MPs actually grew some balls and if they believe leaving the EU would be such a terrible idea just revoke article 50. I’d have a grudging respect for that position even though I wouldn’t like it, they are more than entitled to take that course of action. But very few of them would actually do that because they fear the political backlash and are too worried about their own seats and the success of their parties.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:43 - Jul 10 with 2622 viewscontroversial_jack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:34 - Jul 10 by Highjack

Another referendum would be utterly pointless as we know now that only one of the options will be honoured. It would be a scam, a charade. Another leave win and we’d be right back to where we are with the establishment campaigning for a third referendum.

I would much rather it if our spineless MPs actually grew some balls and if they believe leaving the EU would be such a terrible idea just revoke article 50. I’d have a grudging respect for that position even though I wouldn’t like it, they are more than entitled to take that course of action. But very few of them would actually do that because they fear the political backlash and are too worried about their own seats and the success of their parties.

Just as you or I would be worried about our jobs
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:46 - Jul 10 with 2617 viewsHighjack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:43 - Jul 10 by controversial_jack

Just as you or I would be worried about our jobs

Politicians valuing their own career over the constituents they allegedly serve is a big reason everything is so broken in the first place.

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:59 - Jul 10 with 2608 viewsWxmJax

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:24 - Jul 9 by Fergal

Johnson walking this.

This Johnson ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:14 - Jul 10 with 2591 viewsBatterseajack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:34 - Jul 10 by Highjack

The government negotiated a deal which honored the referendum. If the likes of Boris and the Brexit supporting MPs voted for it, then we'd be out of the EU by now.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:19 - Jul 10 with 2588 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 10:28 - Jul 10 by Batterseajack

Bluey, have you decided on who you will be voting for? If so, care to share?

Yes.

The one that isn't BoJo. I'd have been slightly happier if it was someone other than Hunt but it is what it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024