Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate 20:06 - Jul 9 with 7242 viewsunion_jack

I didn’t realise Hunt had been an entrepreneur. He should have said😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:37 - Jul 10 with 1173 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:19 - Jul 10 by bluey_the_blue

Yes.

The one that isn't BoJo. I'd have been slightly happier if it was someone other than Hunt but it is what it is.

Well at least you’re used to backing the wrong horse, so to speak.

Poll: Tory leader

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:55 - Jul 10 with 1160 viewsBatterseajack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:19 - Jul 10 by bluey_the_blue

Yes.

The one that isn't BoJo. I'd have been slightly happier if it was someone other than Hunt but it is what it is.

Fair play. I'd have voted the same as you if i was given a choice.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 12:02 - Jul 10 with 1147 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:55 - Jul 10 by Batterseajack

Fair play. I'd have voted the same as you if i was given a choice.

You’d have voted for one of them?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 12:31 - Jul 10 with 1113 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:37 - Jul 10 by exiledclaseboy

Well at least you’re used to backing the wrong horse, so to speak.

Maybe, maybe not.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 13:00 - Jul 10 with 1089 viewslonglostjack

I’d have voted for Boris Johnson.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 13:37 - Jul 10 with 1067 viewsBatterseajack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 12:02 - Jul 10 by exiledclaseboy

You’d have voted for one of them?

If you put a gun to my head and i had to pick one, although it would still cross my mind to spoil my ballot and take the bullet.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 13:37]
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 13:49 - Jul 10 with 1055 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 12:31 - Jul 10 by bluey_the_blue

Maybe, maybe not.

Definitely. I’ve got as much chance of being Tory leader as Hunt has.

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 14:06 - Jul 10 with 1036 viewsWarwickHunt

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:21 - Jul 9 by exiledclaseboy

I think they have clarified slightly today. They want a second referendum on any Brexit deal with remain as an option. But, and this is where it gets complicated, they’ll campaign for remain against any Tory negotiated Brexit deal but if Labour wins an election and negotiates its own Brexit deal they haven’t said if they’d campaign for remain or their own deal. Leaving the door open to them campaigning against acceptance of a deal they negotiated. The loons.

Fûcking pitiful, innit.

I’d even consider voting Tory if it meant the end of Corbyn’s Sixth Form Marxists.
That’s how fûcking shite they are.
Login to get fewer ads

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 14:06 - Jul 10 with 1037 viewsHighjack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:14 - Jul 10 by Batterseajack

The government negotiated a deal which honored the referendum. If the likes of Boris and the Brexit supporting MPs voted for it, then we'd be out of the EU by now.

Even if they all did there still wouldn’t be the numbers for a majority when you take out the hardcore remainers in the Conservative party.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 14:28 - Jul 10 with 1018 viewsBatterseajack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 14:06 - Jul 10 by Highjack

Even if they all did there still wouldn’t be the numbers for a majority when you take out the hardcore remainers in the Conservative party.

But they still voted against it. Who'd have known how the second or third vote would have gone if it had the backing of all the leavers.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:19 - Jul 10 with 991 viewsHighjack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 14:28 - Jul 10 by Batterseajack

But they still voted against it. Who'd have known how the second or third vote would have gone if it had the backing of all the leavers.

It wouldn’t have got through. The ERG are only about 80 strong. The government was defeated by 230...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:40 - Jul 10 with 973 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:19 - Jul 10 by Highjack

It wouldn’t have got through. The ERG are only about 80 strong. The government was defeated by 230...

The third vote was defeated by 58. If the hard Brexiteers had voted in favour (26 of them voted against), enough Labour would have also voted for it to pass. C. 20 Labour ended up not rebelling due to the lack of support of the DUP and Steve Baker, Bill Cash and their cronies in the ERG.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:41 - Jul 10 with 972 viewsBatterseajack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:19 - Jul 10 by Highjack

Which decreased to 58 for the third vote
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:44 - Jul 10 with 967 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris now shows himself to have even less backbone than previously thought, by throwing the UK ambassador to the US under a bus.

Still, I’m sure all those that have been telling us how well brexit will work out as we can negotiate deals that suit us and us alone, will be here soon to tell us how that will work when the orange muppet is able to fire our ambassador and there’s sod all our next PM will do about it as we lie grovelling in the gutter. Take back control - it’s great.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:03 - Jul 10 with 954 viewsHighjack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:41 - Jul 10 by Batterseajack

Which decreased to 58 for the third vote

Yes because JRM, Boris and most of the ERG voted for it...

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:19 - Jul 10 with 942 viewsBatterseajack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:03 - Jul 10 by Highjack

Yes because JRM, Boris and most of the ERG voted for it...

see Lisa's post
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:50 - Jul 10 with 919 viewssherpajacob

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:40 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

The third vote was defeated by 58. If the hard Brexiteers had voted in favour (26 of them voted against), enough Labour would have also voted for it to pass. C. 20 Labour ended up not rebelling due to the lack of support of the DUP and Steve Baker, Bill Cash and their cronies in the ERG.

lets be honest, if the ERG are split on how we should leave the EU, what serious chance is there of achieving any consensus anywhere on it.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:52 - Jul 10 with 919 viewsHumpty

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:44 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

Boris now shows himself to have even less backbone than previously thought, by throwing the UK ambassador to the US under a bus.

Still, I’m sure all those that have been telling us how well brexit will work out as we can negotiate deals that suit us and us alone, will be here soon to tell us how that will work when the orange muppet is able to fire our ambassador and there’s sod all our next PM will do about it as we lie grovelling in the gutter. Take back control - it’s great.

True. Johnson's performance last night showed us the path Britain will be taking in the years to come. A supine, craven lapdog to the US that allows Trump to throw childish insults at anyone he likes, including the PM. And not a word will be said.

And the Brexiteers who insisted their votes had nothing to do with racism or xenophobia but all about our sovereignty and not being told what to do by foreigners, are now celebrating because a decent, capable diplomat has lost his job on the say so of the US president.

Taking back control my arse.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:58 - Jul 10 with 903 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:52 - Jul 10 by Humpty

True. Johnson's performance last night showed us the path Britain will be taking in the years to come. A supine, craven lapdog to the US that allows Trump to throw childish insults at anyone he likes, including the PM. And not a word will be said.

And the Brexiteers who insisted their votes had nothing to do with racism or xenophobia but all about our sovereignty and not being told what to do by foreigners, are now celebrating because a decent, capable diplomat has lost his job on the say so of the US president.

Taking back control my arse.

It was the same people that grew their toys out the pram when Obama dared to even give an opinion on brexit.

Imagine the carnage if Obama had refused to deal with our ambassador.

Can’t imagine what Trump is trying to deflect attention away from though...
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:02 - Jul 10 with 894 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:50 - Jul 10 by sherpajacob

lets be honest, if the ERG are split on how we should leave the EU, what serious chance is there of achieving any consensus anywhere on it.

The ERG have the same level of intellectual prowess as most of their supporters.

It’s they that have prevented us from leaving. And will result in us ending up with a shallow, egotistical, unprincipled, bigoted moron to lick the ar*e of his twin in the White House.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:11 - Jul 10 with 880 viewsLuther27

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:58 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

It was the same people that grew their toys out the pram when Obama dared to even give an opinion on brexit.

Imagine the carnage if Obama had refused to deal with our ambassador.

Can’t imagine what Trump is trying to deflect attention away from though...

I voted remain but yes I threw my toys out of the park when Obama tried to influence my vote. I do not like The Donald, however, thanks to the duplicitous person who leaked the Ambassadors honest assessment of him are we really surprised as to the outcome?
When the leader of the Western world refuses to recognise our man there, no matter how we puff our chests and stamp our feet in indignation we are stuffed. All this because some fker from who knows where is hell bent on causing trouble for whatever personal motive. They should be found and prosecuted for their selfish actions.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:21 - Jul 10 with 865 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:11 - Jul 10 by Luther27

I voted remain but yes I threw my toys out of the park when Obama tried to influence my vote. I do not like The Donald, however, thanks to the duplicitous person who leaked the Ambassadors honest assessment of him are we really surprised as to the outcome?
When the leader of the Western world refuses to recognise our man there, no matter how we puff our chests and stamp our feet in indignation we are stuffed. All this because some fker from who knows where is hell bent on causing trouble for whatever personal motive. They should be found and prosecuted for their selfish actions.

Of course they should be prosecuted.

But the reality is that the leader or about to be leader of this country should stand up to Trump and tell him in no uncertain terms that he will not be allowed to dictate to us. And if he persists, throw that idiot friend of his Woody Johnson out on his ear and refuse to recognise any Trump appointed ambassador.

The bollox ‘special relationship’ is a nonsense. If people think it exists, they just need to ask themselves one question - would Trump have done this to Russia, Saudi etc?

The irony is that Trump’s actions proved that the comments of Sir Kim Darroch were not only completely correct, but were, in fact, greatly understated. Which isn’t a surprise to anyone.

Edited to add - if I was in charge of the decision, I’d appoint Sadiq Khan as our new ambassador - for the lolz...
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 17:27]
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:30 - Jul 10 with 847 viewssherpajacob

breaking news

The UK ambassador to Rome has resigned after a leaked email in which he stated the Pope would be attending mass on Sunday.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:36 - Jul 10 with 842 viewsLuther27

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:21 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

Of course they should be prosecuted.

But the reality is that the leader or about to be leader of this country should stand up to Trump and tell him in no uncertain terms that he will not be allowed to dictate to us. And if he persists, throw that idiot friend of his Woody Johnson out on his ear and refuse to recognise any Trump appointed ambassador.

The bollox ‘special relationship’ is a nonsense. If people think it exists, they just need to ask themselves one question - would Trump have done this to Russia, Saudi etc?

The irony is that Trump’s actions proved that the comments of Sir Kim Darroch were not only completely correct, but were, in fact, greatly understated. Which isn’t a surprise to anyone.

Edited to add - if I was in charge of the decision, I’d appoint Sadiq Khan as our new ambassador - for the lolz...
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 17:27]

Listen, that buffoon Johnston shouldn’t have been allowed into politics yet alone get this close to PM. But after saying that he is realistic enough to know our man was up a creek without a paddle. He would have been withdrawn in the near future no matter who was PM. Whoever caused this situation should be held to account in public. They have caused harm that will last until Trump is out of office. His remarks about May and Brexit is of a man who’s just had his balls kicked by the Ambassador and knowing his temperament it shouldn’t come as any surprise.
Kahn sounds an excellent choice to me!
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:37 - Jul 10 with 842 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:30 - Jul 10 by sherpajacob

breaking news

The UK ambassador to Rome has resigned after a leaked email in which he stated the Pope would be attending mass on Sunday.

I don’t know whether anyone else has watched the questioning of Sir Simon McDonald by Parliament today. He said that not only is the refusal to deal with our ambassador without precedent by any ‘friendly country’, such a complete refusal is also unprecedented by unfriendly countries.

Disgraceful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024