Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate 20:06 - Jul 9 with 7229 viewsunion_jack

I didn’t realise Hunt had been an entrepreneur. He should have said😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:41 - Jul 10 with 1456 viewssherpajacob

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:37 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

I don’t know whether anyone else has watched the questioning of Sir Simon McDonald by Parliament today. He said that not only is the refusal to deal with our ambassador without precedent by any ‘friendly country’, such a complete refusal is also unprecedented by unfriendly countries.

Disgraceful.

We should send a gun boat.

Shame we let the Americans capture our airfields in 1776, they would have been really useful.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:45 - Jul 10 with 1452 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:36 - Jul 10 by Luther27

Listen, that buffoon Johnston shouldn’t have been allowed into politics yet alone get this close to PM. But after saying that he is realistic enough to know our man was up a creek without a paddle. He would have been withdrawn in the near future no matter who was PM. Whoever caused this situation should be held to account in public. They have caused harm that will last until Trump is out of office. His remarks about May and Brexit is of a man who’s just had his balls kicked by the Ambassador and knowing his temperament it shouldn’t come as any surprise.
Kahn sounds an excellent choice to me!

It’s not a case of being realistic.

He’s just destroyed the integrity and independence of our diplomatic service by proving he will not stick up for them.

Our ambassador was just doing his job, Trump should be told to get stuffed. There is absolutely no point in preserving a relationship which amounts to us being told what to do and jumping when told. How on earth can we negotiate a trade deal with the orange buffoon with a coward in charge.

To be fair to Hunt, unimpressive though he generally is, he took exactly the right position last night.

I agree about the person who leaked it. I’d charge them with treason if they’re British.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:48 - Jul 10 with 1444 viewsHumpty

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:11 - Jul 10 by Luther27

I voted remain but yes I threw my toys out of the park when Obama tried to influence my vote. I do not like The Donald, however, thanks to the duplicitous person who leaked the Ambassadors honest assessment of him are we really surprised as to the outcome?
When the leader of the Western world refuses to recognise our man there, no matter how we puff our chests and stamp our feet in indignation we are stuffed. All this because some fker from who knows where is hell bent on causing trouble for whatever personal motive. They should be found and prosecuted for their selfish actions.

It may be true that Darroch's position was untenable but that doesn't mean Johnson was right to refuse to defend him. He could have done so in a gentle way so as not to upset the giant toddler.

It was shameful that he didn't.

Anyone who says we must appease Trump in any way because we need a trade deal also has to admit that the whole taking back control thing was a load of bollocks.

We are now a desperate, needy country begging for scraps whilst taking any abuse thrown at us and saying thank you for it.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:52 - Jul 10 with 1438 viewsLuther27

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:45 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

It’s not a case of being realistic.

He’s just destroyed the integrity and independence of our diplomatic service by proving he will not stick up for them.

Our ambassador was just doing his job, Trump should be told to get stuffed. There is absolutely no point in preserving a relationship which amounts to us being told what to do and jumping when told. How on earth can we negotiate a trade deal with the orange buffoon with a coward in charge.

To be fair to Hunt, unimpressive though he generally is, he took exactly the right position last night.

I agree about the person who leaked it. I’d charge them with treason if they’re British.

Johnston reacted. The integrity or lack of was caused by the person who leaked highly confidential opinion from an honest man. I’m quite sure there will be fallout and lasting damage between us and the USA not just during Trumps tenure but for many years to come.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:53 - Jul 10 with 1436 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:48 - Jul 10 by Humpty

It may be true that Darroch's position was untenable but that doesn't mean Johnson was right to refuse to defend him. He could have done so in a gentle way so as not to upset the giant toddler.

It was shameful that he didn't.

Anyone who says we must appease Trump in any way because we need a trade deal also has to admit that the whole taking back control thing was a load of bollocks.

We are now a desperate, needy country begging for scraps whilst taking any abuse thrown at us and saying thank you for it.

If, by the way, the trail of treachery leads where it looks as though it may well do, the whole lying, sordid lot of them need locking up.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:00 - Jul 10 with 1425 viewsHumpty

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:53 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

If, by the way, the trail of treachery leads where it looks as though it may well do, the whole lying, sordid lot of them need locking up.

Cui bono is usually a useful way of looking at things.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:05 - Jul 10 with 1422 viewsjohnlangy

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 20:24 - Jul 9 by Fergal

Johnson walking this.

Gove would have been a much tougher opponent.

Walking it ?

He just proved yet again what a clown he is. At least JH tried to answer the questions put to him. And Johnson, not only did he not answer questions put to him, he barracked Hunt while he was answering.

If that's going to be his style when discussing Brexit with the EU, and why would he be able or capable of changing now, they'll just laugh at him and walk away.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:06 - Jul 10 with 1418 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:00 - Jul 10 by Humpty

Cui bono is usually a useful way of looking at things.

Indeed.

It’s also useful to ask yourself why Oakeshott was the ‘journalist’ chosen.
Login to get fewer ads

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate (n/t) on 18:27 - Jul 10 with 1382 viewslonglostjack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 15:44 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

Boris now shows himself to have even less backbone than previously thought, by throwing the UK ambassador to the US under a bus.

Still, I’m sure all those that have been telling us how well brexit will work out as we can negotiate deals that suit us and us alone, will be here soon to tell us how that will work when the orange muppet is able to fire our ambassador and there’s sod all our next PM will do about it as we lie grovelling in the gutter. Take back control - it’s great.

[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 18:30]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:29 - Jul 10 with 1376 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 16:58 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

It was the same people that grew their toys out the pram when Obama dared to even give an opinion on brexit.

Imagine the carnage if Obama had refused to deal with our ambassador.

Can’t imagine what Trump is trying to deflect attention away from though...

Obama stated we'd go to the back of the line if we dared to vote to Leave.

Trumps a grade A c0ck, sure, but Obama trying to influence a referendum, ahem, trumps that.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:44 - Jul 10 with 1353 viewsunion_jack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 17:21 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

Of course they should be prosecuted.

But the reality is that the leader or about to be leader of this country should stand up to Trump and tell him in no uncertain terms that he will not be allowed to dictate to us. And if he persists, throw that idiot friend of his Woody Johnson out on his ear and refuse to recognise any Trump appointed ambassador.

The bollox ‘special relationship’ is a nonsense. If people think it exists, they just need to ask themselves one question - would Trump have done this to Russia, Saudi etc?

The irony is that Trump’s actions proved that the comments of Sir Kim Darroch were not only completely correct, but were, in fact, greatly understated. Which isn’t a surprise to anyone.

Edited to add - if I was in charge of the decision, I’d appoint Sadiq Khan as our new ambassador - for the lolz...
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 17:27]

The real relationship between the US and UK was summed up by this a few years ago:

“Yo, Blair!”

Special indeed.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:45 - Jul 10 with 1352 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:29 - Jul 10 by bluey_the_blue

Obama stated we'd go to the back of the line if we dared to vote to Leave.

Trumps a grade A c0ck, sure, but Obama trying to influence a referendum, ahem, trumps that.

No Bluey. It absolutely does not.

Firstly Obama only spoke after numerous Brexiteers stated the UK would easily be able to get a new trade deal with the US (and he said that although a trade deal would happen in time, the focus in the US would be on getting a deal with the bigger bloc so we were, in effect, at the back of that line). It was nothing to do with if we ‘dared to vote leave’. It was a statement of fact. That has become ever more obvious the longer this nonsense goes on.

Secondly, Trump refused to deal with the UK’s ambassador, thus forcing his resignation once the inept ar*e licker Johnson refused to act in the interests of the UK like the weasel he is and instead chose to appease a foreign power.

There is no comparison whatsoever between Obama making the statement he did (hugely misreported at the time by the way by the same right wing press that are currently cheer leading Johnson) and what Trump has done.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 18:46]
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 06:15 - Jul 11 with 1244 viewsJango

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 18:45 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

No Bluey. It absolutely does not.

Firstly Obama only spoke after numerous Brexiteers stated the UK would easily be able to get a new trade deal with the US (and he said that although a trade deal would happen in time, the focus in the US would be on getting a deal with the bigger bloc so we were, in effect, at the back of that line). It was nothing to do with if we ‘dared to vote leave’. It was a statement of fact. That has become ever more obvious the longer this nonsense goes on.

Secondly, Trump refused to deal with the UK’s ambassador, thus forcing his resignation once the inept ar*e licker Johnson refused to act in the interests of the UK like the weasel he is and instead chose to appease a foreign power.

There is no comparison whatsoever between Obama making the statement he did (hugely misreported at the time by the way by the same right wing press that are currently cheer leading Johnson) and what Trump has done.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 18:46]

Former White House adviser Ben Rhodes has told BBC Radio 5 live that David Cameron asked President Obama to say that Brexit would mean Britain being “at the back of the queue.”

Kind of contradicts your ‘Firstly Obama only spoke after numerous Brexiteers stated the UK would easily be able to get a new trade deal with the US’ statement. No doubt you know more about it than one of his White House advisers.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 07:51 - Jul 11 with 1218 viewsmajorraglan

Trump has an America First agenda and quite rightly (from an American perspective) his putting their national interests first. Any trade deal we may or may not be able to negotiate may require compromise and I am not sure how much of that we will see nor whether the landscape won’t continuously change. I certainly don’t believe the idiots we have in charge would be up to the mark of negotiating a deal with the US. I certainly wouldn’t want to compromise on certain things, such as food standards and don’t want chlorinated chicken, growth hormone treated beef etc.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:17 - Jul 11 with 1154 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 06:15 - Jul 11 by Jango

Former White House adviser Ben Rhodes has told BBC Radio 5 live that David Cameron asked President Obama to say that Brexit would mean Britain being “at the back of the queue.”

Kind of contradicts your ‘Firstly Obama only spoke after numerous Brexiteers stated the UK would easily be able to get a new trade deal with the US’ statement. No doubt you know more about it than one of his White House advisers.

Jango - that doesn’t contradict what I said even slightly.
That happened after all the talk about an easy trade deal. It’s why he spoke. We all know Cameron suggested it. It didn’t even seem worth mentioning it. Obama was far too statesmanlike to barge in without that invitation. Makes a change for a US president to speak after being invited to do so by our prime minister doesn’t it? You know, rather than wading in uninvited like this one does.

I’m sure you’re about to criticise the current incumbent for dictating to us...
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:38 - Jul 11 with 1131 viewsBatterseajack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 07:51 - Jul 11 by majorraglan

Trump has an America First agenda and quite rightly (from an American perspective) his putting their national interests first. Any trade deal we may or may not be able to negotiate may require compromise and I am not sure how much of that we will see nor whether the landscape won’t continuously change. I certainly don’t believe the idiots we have in charge would be up to the mark of negotiating a deal with the US. I certainly wouldn’t want to compromise on certain things, such as food standards and don’t want chlorinated chicken, growth hormone treated beef etc.

There will be an awful lot of political pressure on our lot to get a deal done after brexit, especially if we exit with no deal. You can be almost certain that there will be compromises made, and it won't be us.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 12:03 - Jul 11 with 1105 viewslonglostjack

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 07:51 - Jul 11 by majorraglan

The NHS would also likely to be on the agenda in any trade talks. Private US companies would like a cut of the action and pharmaceutical companies could seek to raise their prices.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 12:05]

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 12:23 - Jul 11 with 1090 viewsJango

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 11:17 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

Jango - that doesn’t contradict what I said even slightly.
That happened after all the talk about an easy trade deal. It’s why he spoke. We all know Cameron suggested it. It didn’t even seem worth mentioning it. Obama was far too statesmanlike to barge in without that invitation. Makes a change for a US president to speak after being invited to do so by our prime minister doesn’t it? You know, rather than wading in uninvited like this one does.

I’m sure you’re about to criticise the current incumbent for dictating to us...

Lisa you think you know the reasoning behind everything anyone ever does. You need to take a step back sometimes and see just how self righteous you are. I’m not gonna defend Trump, the blokes a muppet. But I’m not gonna try and pretend I know exactly what’s gone on with this ambassador or who’s behind it all because not very many people and certainly nobody on this site does. You though, as always, have sussed it all out of course.

As for Obama being far too statesman like to barge in without invitation.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/ame
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 21:19 - Jul 11 with 999 viewslondonlisa2001

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 12:23 - Jul 11 by Jango

Lisa you think you know the reasoning behind everything anyone ever does. You need to take a step back sometimes and see just how self righteous you are. I’m not gonna defend Trump, the blokes a muppet. But I’m not gonna try and pretend I know exactly what’s gone on with this ambassador or who’s behind it all because not very many people and certainly nobody on this site does. You though, as always, have sussed it all out of course.

As for Obama being far too statesman like to barge in without invitation.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/ame

Why don’t we wait and see...
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:21 - Jul 12 with 908 viewsFergal

Neil has reduced Hunt to a gibbering wreck.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:22 - Jul 12 with 907 viewslonglostjack

Hunt being hammered by Neil.
“What would you rather Andrew?”
“A straight answer”
😂😂😂😂

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:23 - Jul 12 with 903 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:21 - Jul 12 by Fergal

Neil has reduced Hunt to a gibbering wreck.

I’ve no idea why TV companies keep giving these two free publicity. The outcome is a foregone conclusion, they’re both embarrassingly inept and almost nobody in the entire country has a vote.

Poll: Tory leader

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:23 - Jul 12 with 903 viewsdickythorpe

Hunt just doesn't look the part at all. Zero charisma and would send a glass eye to sleep.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:27 - Jul 12 with 894 viewsFergal

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:23 - Jul 12 by dickythorpe

Hunt just doesn't look the part at all. Zero charisma and would send a glass eye to sleep.

Should've been Gove.
Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:31 - Jul 12 with 882 viewsexiledclaseboy

Hunt v Johnson ITV Debate on 19:27 - Jul 12 by Fergal

Should've been Gove.

That would have just dialled up the obnoxious levels while leaving the ability needle unmoved.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024