Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. 00:54 - Jul 10 with 4379 viewsjackrmee

Fuk me, this blew me away.
Pep says that the way you play is more important than results...
get that right and the results will come.

I know this is way ahead of our level, but we need to think in these ways. We need to not think about the result of that 90 minutes and think about the result of years in the future.
Pep Guardiola is a genius.
MUST WATCH!

Amazon Prime.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-Ball-Pass-Xavi-Hern%C3%A1ndez/dp/B07KB8LZX3

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:08 - Jul 10 with 3132 viewsHighjack

It’s probably a lot easier for him to play that way when he has unlimited funds and the pick of the worlds best players.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:29 - Jul 10 with 3096 viewsBenJ94

I agree that he’s a good coach, but as Highjack said, it makes his job a lot easier when every team he’s managed is filled with world class superstars, and also the fact that they are clear favourites for the league before he even steps foot in to the club.
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:38 - Jul 10 with 3076 viewsAngelRangelQS

Martínez was saying the same thing 12 years ago
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:40 - Jul 10 with 3069 viewsbluey_the_blue

If the way he plays is more important than results, interesting Man City spunked how much money to win the title?

Easy to get best players, best teams playing that way let's see him try it with a Grimsby.
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:17 - Jul 10 with 3003 viewsjackrmee

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:08 - Jul 10 by Highjack

It’s probably a lot easier for him to play that way when he has unlimited funds and the pick of the worlds best players.

Of course it's a lot easier, but he started it all off. Playing from the back in that way and the high press, any good footballing team can do that to a certain extent.
The attitude and belief of the players is another thing.
The man is probably the best coach in the world ever.

He needs the best players in the world that fit that style and have the right attitude, in order to be the greatest team in the world, but I bet he could do it with any side who are set up and trained to play that way. We are one of those sides.

Our boys may not be the best in the world and may not have the brains that some of the top players have, but they are talented. They have footballs brains. They already know and are used to playing that way and when and why to do it. They obviously aren't able to grasp all the tactics Pep would have, but we are much further down that path than other clubs.

This is what we need to pursue and I am very happy we seem to be heading down that route with Birch, Cooper and the rest of the staff.

Like Birch said, we need to put the structure in place, so when players or a manager leaves us, we have someone ready to come in and fit that blueprint.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:20 - Jul 10 with 2994 viewsjackrmee

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:29 - Jul 10 by BenJ94

I agree that he’s a good coach, but as Highjack said, it makes his job a lot easier when every team he’s managed is filled with world class superstars, and also the fact that they are clear favourites for the league before he even steps foot in to the club.

He stepped up from Barca U23 coach and won the treble in his first season. Yes they were already a force, but things hadn't worked out for Rijdkaard and Pep changed everything. The discipline and belief, leet alone the tactics.

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:29 - Jul 10 with 2972 viewsjackrmee

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:40 - Jul 10 by bluey_the_blue

If the way he plays is more important than results, interesting Man City spunked how much money to win the title?

Easy to get best players, best teams playing that way let's see him try it with a Grimsby.

Easy? Na mate. Very difficult. Players need to have a certain attitude and need to fully trust him and buy into it.

Henry says that when he was told that he had to stay on the wing and not come inside, so he could make runs which would free Iniesta to pick up the ball. He wasn't happy at all. He thought that he should be allowed to play, like he had been in his other clubs. He even made a good run and scored from it, but Pep subbed him at half time, as he hadn't listened to his instructions.

As for Many City buying the title...their record signing is Rodri for £60m last week. They have bought certain players which fit in with Pep, not spunked it on big names really like other clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, etc.

Just watch the show, you'll be amazed.

Those who say anyone can do what Pep has done, as he's been at the biggest clubs with plenty of money are missing exactly what it is he is doing there. He is changing things. He is unique.

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:32 - Jul 10 with 2966 viewsbluey_the_blue

So how much money have Man City spent then? You equate a single high fee to total spending?

Again, can you point to a situation where Pep has managed when not having the best team, best players? Barcelona B arguably and that's about it.

Players have to buying for any manager, that's down to charisma and leadership Players would run through brick walls for Warnock, by your logic you'd equate him as being at same level as Guardiola?
Login to get fewer ads

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:41 - Jul 10 with 2949 viewsjackrmee

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:32 - Jul 10 by bluey_the_blue

So how much money have Man City spent then? You equate a single high fee to total spending?

Again, can you point to a situation where Pep has managed when not having the best team, best players? Barcelona B arguably and that's about it.

Players have to buying for any manager, that's down to charisma and leadership Players would run through brick walls for Warnock, by your logic you'd equate him as being at same level as Guardiola?

Obviously not. I'm talking about style of play. Play in the right way and do it well and the goalscoring chances will then come, hence the results.
He has extremely strict ideas and needs his players to not only give 100%, but also to stick rigidly to his plan during the build up, but then when they get into the final thrid, it's time for them to express themselves.

I don't know how much Man City have spent, but I'm sure it's nowhere near Man Utd or Chelsea.

I don't know hw you think that "arguably" Barca B had the best team or best players. There's no arguing that they didn't.
Pep had to get rid of players that didn't fit. He had good players, but he made them better. He made them win so many trophies. They wouldn't have done so without him. He improved them.
That's what his philosophy does.

It's not about spending loads of money on superstars, it's about spending money on the right fit.

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:42 - Jul 10 with 2948 viewsNeath_Jack

Oh F*ck, Pep invented football.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:56 - Jul 10 with 2914 viewsjackrmee

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:42 - Jul 10 by Neath_Jack

Oh F*ck, Pep invented football.

Basically yeah
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15126/10505903/the-top-five-innovations-

But my point is, that we as a club can head in that direction and we already are. We need to keep on that blueprint and Birch seems the man to help do that.
It's more difficult for a club at lower level, as we won't be able to keep our manager or best players, but we can play this way and we can instil it in the club once more.

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:36 - Jul 10 with 2851 viewsBobbyBacala

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:41 - Jul 10 by jackrmee

Obviously not. I'm talking about style of play. Play in the right way and do it well and the goalscoring chances will then come, hence the results.
He has extremely strict ideas and needs his players to not only give 100%, but also to stick rigidly to his plan during the build up, but then when they get into the final thrid, it's time for them to express themselves.

I don't know how much Man City have spent, but I'm sure it's nowhere near Man Utd or Chelsea.

I don't know hw you think that "arguably" Barca B had the best team or best players. There's no arguing that they didn't.
Pep had to get rid of players that didn't fit. He had good players, but he made them better. He made them win so many trophies. They wouldn't have done so without him. He improved them.
That's what his philosophy does.

It's not about spending loads of money on superstars, it's about spending money on the right fit.

I think it gets lost how Guardiola improves players. Yes, City do spent a lot of money on good young players, but Guardiola has improved the likes of de Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo Silva and Laporte no end, as well as making Aguero a much more effective all round player. I don't think Mourinho, especially over the past 5 years, has improved a player through his coaching or guidance.

I also don't think he gets enough credit for the mental strength of his team last year - to win the league the year before with 100 points and then win it again under huge pressure from Liverpool is massively impressive.

To use the Warnock example someone else used, he might not be able to get a Championship team promoted, but there's no way Warnock would be able to win the league with this City team either.
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:37 - Jul 10 with 2851 viewssherpajacob

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:08 - Jul 10 by Highjack

we played that way with Mark Gower and Craig Beattie in the squad

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:54 - Jul 10 with 2827 viewsattila_the_hun

Pep is a dingbat

"I'm Free"

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:55 - Jul 10 with 2826 viewsNeath_Jack

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:36 - Jul 10 by BobbyBacala

I think it gets lost how Guardiola improves players. Yes, City do spent a lot of money on good young players, but Guardiola has improved the likes of de Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo Silva and Laporte no end, as well as making Aguero a much more effective all round player. I don't think Mourinho, especially over the past 5 years, has improved a player through his coaching or guidance.

I also don't think he gets enough credit for the mental strength of his team last year - to win the league the year before with 100 points and then win it again under huge pressure from Liverpool is massively impressive.

To use the Warnock example someone else used, he might not be able to get a Championship team promoted, but there's no way Warnock would be able to win the league with this City team either.

Why didn’t he win the Champions League?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:57 - Jul 10 with 2823 viewsNeath_Jack

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:56 - Jul 10 by jackrmee

Basically yeah
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15126/10505903/the-top-five-innovations-

But my point is, that we as a club can head in that direction and we already are. We need to keep on that blueprint and Birch seems the man to help do that.
It's more difficult for a club at lower level, as we won't be able to keep our manager or best players, but we can play this way and we can instil it in the club once more.

Did you watch us under Martinez, Brendan or Saint Michael?

We managed to have a go at playing football quite well under them, long before Pep invented it.

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 11:12 - Jul 10 with 2739 viewsWxmJax

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:55 - Jul 10 by Neath_Jack

Bugger, beat me to it. He won it with probably the greatest club team of the last 20 years, but has failed since he took over at all conquering Bayern Munich and again at Man City. Give him a cheque book and he's ok.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 11:23 - Jul 10 with 2723 viewsBobbyBacala

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:55 - Jul 10 by Neath_Jack

I don't know, but I don't really see what bearing that has.

He has got some things wrong in the past two quarter finals but it's so hard to win the Champions League. He's won the same amounts of Champions Leagues as Ferguson and Mourinho, and won more than Lippi and Hitzfeld, but won less than Zidane. I don't think anyone could say that Zidane is the better manager though.

His City stint probably will be judged on how he does in the Champions League, but I don't see how anyone could think that winning 5 of the last 6 trophies in England isn't impressive - especially given the challenge from Liverpool.
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 11:25 - Jul 10 with 2718 viewsLeonWasGod

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:38 - Jul 10 by AngelRangelQS

Martínez was saying the same thing 12 years ago

Yep. And it was Brenda's mantra too.
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 11:28 - Jul 10 with 2711 viewsLeonWasGod

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 08:56 - Jul 10 by jackrmee

Basically yeah

The thing that surprises me is that this is so obvious, and well-known, yet we still had people last season complaining when we tried to do exactly that.

It's not a style that always works of course, as you're still dependent on the quality of your players (Pep's lucky as he can pick the best, with money almost no issue). But it's proven and we've proven it ourselves in the past. Yet some people still complain. I find that a bit odd.
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 11:39 - Jul 10 with 2697 viewsgiantstoneater

Pep the smiling assassin, still sends his players out to dive when it goes pear shaped!!
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 14:25]
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 12:22 - Jul 10 with 2634 viewsBadlands

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 11:28 - Jul 10 by LeonWasGod

The thing that surprises me is that this is so obvious, and well-known, yet we still had people last season complaining when we tried to do exactly that.

It's not a style that always works of course, as you're still dependent on the quality of your players (Pep's lucky as he can pick the best, with money almost no issue). But it's proven and we've proven it ourselves in the past. Yet some people still complain. I find that a bit odd.

It was shameful that the team was roundly booed when playing that way. IMO it lost us points, especially in the PL, as players let the crowd get to them and everted to Monk style tactics.
From the little I saw of the game against Mansfield I doubt Cooper is a fan either.

I would argue that we were playing the OP style from the time Roberto was manager.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 12:22 - Jul 10 with 2634 viewsNeath_Jack

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 11:23 - Jul 10 by BobbyBacala

I don't know, but I don't really see what bearing that has.

He has got some things wrong in the past two quarter finals but it's so hard to win the Champions League. He's won the same amounts of Champions Leagues as Ferguson and Mourinho, and won more than Lippi and Hitzfeld, but won less than Zidane. I don't think anyone could say that Zidane is the better manager though.

His City stint probably will be judged on how he does in the Champions League, but I don't see how anyone could think that winning 5 of the last 6 trophies in England isn't impressive - especially given the challenge from Liverpool.

Well, where is his mental strength to see winning that competition?

Is Klopp as good a manager as him, considering he was what, 1 point behind them in the league but went on to win the champions league.

People get taken in by his suave and charming manner (apart from Darran who thinks he's a prick).

He's no better or worse than any other successful manager, he hasn't done anything differently, he hasn't broken any new ground, he's just taking very talented players to win trophies, which is his job.

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 13:27 - Jul 10 with 2545 viewsDarran

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 12:22 - Jul 10 by Neath_Jack

Is Klopp as good a manager as him, considering he was what, 1 point behind them in the league but went on to win the champions league.

People get taken in by his suave and charming manner (apart from Darran who thinks he's a prick).

He's no better or worse than any other successful manager, he hasn't done anything differently, he hasn't broken any new ground, he's just taking very talented players to win trophies, which is his job.

I don’t think,I know. I’ve seen it with my own two eyed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 17:44 - Jul 10 with 2396 viewsjackrmee

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 12:22 - Jul 10 by Neath_Jack

He has absolutely broken new ground. Watch the documentary. Followed on from what Cryuff started there

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024