Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. 00:54 - Jul 10 with 4382 viewsjackrmee

Fuk me, this blew me away.
Pep says that the way you play is more important than results...
get that right and the results will come.

I know this is way ahead of our level, but we need to think in these ways. We need to not think about the result of that 90 minutes and think about the result of years in the future.
Pep Guardiola is a genius.
MUST WATCH!

Amazon Prime.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-Ball-Pass-Xavi-Hern%C3%A1ndez/dp/B07KB8LZX3

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 17:44 - Jul 10 with 1106 viewsjackrmee

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 09:36 - Jul 10 by BobbyBacala

I think it gets lost how Guardiola improves players. Yes, City do spent a lot of money on good young players, but Guardiola has improved the likes of de Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo Silva and Laporte no end, as well as making Aguero a much more effective all round player. I don't think Mourinho, especially over the past 5 years, has improved a player through his coaching or guidance.

I also don't think he gets enough credit for the mental strength of his team last year - to win the league the year before with 100 points and then win it again under huge pressure from Liverpool is massively impressive.

To use the Warnock example someone else used, he might not be able to get a Championship team promoted, but there's no way Warnock would be able to win the league with this City team either.

Exactly. And didn't they win their last 13 games on the trot even?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 18:23 - Jul 10 with 1075 viewsbluey_the_blue

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 17:44 - Jul 10 by jackrmee

Exactly. And didn't they win their last 13 games on the trot even?

Equally is he improving the players or are the players improving by playing with the best players around?

Probably a bit of both.
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 18:49 - Jul 10 with 1062 viewsNeath_Jack

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 17:44 - Jul 10 by jackrmee

He has absolutely broken new ground. Watch the documentary. Followed on from what Cryuff started there

What has he done that no manager before him has done, just tell me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 18:52 - Jul 10 with 1057 viewsNotLoyal

It's what we did, nothing new here.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 19:06 - Jul 10 with 1045 viewsOldjack

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 07:38 - Jul 10 by AngelRangelQS

Martínez was saying the same thing 12 years ago

Wasn't that the same time Pep was at Barca where their total football was sublime ,Judas took a leaf out of Peps book I believe

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 19:16 - Jul 10 with 1039 viewsmajorraglan

I can’t be bothered to argue about Pep, Man City, BayernMunich, Barcelona or whatever because truth be told I haven’t got a great deal of interest in football at that level anymore. By enlarge the big clubs are just greedy companies who want to hoover up all the cash at the expense of everyone else.

Having a style is important and that style and ethos needs to run through the club from the very young in the academy’s all the way through to the first team. Martinez introduced the brand/style of football that started to propel the club up the Leagues, other managers came in, tinkered with the system but it remained as it was until things started to change under Monk.
Pep knows what he wants to do, he very is fortunate because he has shed loads of cash at his disposal to go out and buy the players who will deliver short term success while the academy and the rest of the club grows organically. Other managers don’t have that luxury and quite often the talent that has been organically grown at their academy's etc is snapped up by bigger clubs before its benefit to the smaller teams goals and success can be fully realised.

Hopefully the organic growth, coupled with the right culture will start to propel Swansea Vity back up the leagues.
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 19:16 - Jul 10 with 1039 viewsJinxy

Same as life in general though eh - do the right things, for the right reasons etc. and the results will shirley follow. If you focus on the results (whatever they may be), then IF you get there it probably won't be as sustainable.

That's why I enjoyed watching us so much last season. Here's hoping the building and path will continue!
Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 19:48 - Jul 10 with 1019 viewsswan85

Pep is clearly a good manager, but he has done everything at clubs with huge financial clout, in Spain, Germany and now England. Next up will be either PSG or Juventus.

Brian Clough managed to win back to back European Cups with a team that didn’t invest or have the financial means (in relative terms at the time) in the way Pep has had.
Login to get fewer ads

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 20:16 - Jul 10 with 1003 viewsPentyrchJack

I don't believe it. His team cheat to win and we have been on the wrong end many times of dives resulting in penalties against us.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 21:16 - Jul 10 with 984 viewsBadlands

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 20:16 - Jul 10 by PentyrchJack

I don't believe it. His team cheat to win and we have been on the wrong end many times of dives resulting in penalties against us.

The only interest I will have in the PL next season is seeing if Sterling, Kane and All' careers will dive as quickly as the player have in the past. VAR will surely catch them out.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 21:50 - Jul 10 with 967 viewsNotLoyal

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 19:48 - Jul 10 by swan85

Pep is clearly a good manager, but he has done everything at clubs with huge financial clout, in Spain, Germany and now England. Next up will be either PSG or Juventus.

Brian Clough managed to win back to back European Cups with a team that didn’t invest or have the financial means (in relative terms at the time) in the way Pep has had.

These thicko players today wouldn't know how to deal with him in his prime.
I wasn't alert to it in the 70's but let's now talk about iconic football figures.
Now there's one right there.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 10:37 - Jul 11 with 894 viewsHighjack

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 19:48 - Jul 10 by swan85

Clough was great but to suggest he didn’t have money was wrong. He was notorious for flinging brown envelopes around.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 13:03 - Jul 11 with 860 viewsBadlands

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 21:50 - Jul 10 by NotLoyal

These thicko players today wouldn't know how to deal with him in his prime.
I wasn't alert to it in the 70's but let's now talk about iconic football figures.
Now there's one right there.

TBF Clough had a few good seasons with Derby and Forest with two outstanding seasons.
Clough was a character an good copy in a similar way to Shankley who everyone remembers but Bob Paisley was far more successful.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 18:08 - Jul 11 with 840 viewsswan85

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball. The story of the greatest football team ever. on 10:37 - Jul 11 by Highjack

Clough was great but to suggest he didn’t have money was wrong. He was notorious for flinging brown envelopes around.

Sorry I didn’t say he didn’t spend money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024