Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Kim Darroch resigns 17:14 - Jul 10 with 4600 viewsWxmJax

Well done Boris, what a tool. When will the British public wake up ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 18:32 - Jul 10 with 1893 viewsGroo

Not sure it's Boris's fault.

Once his confidential notes were released then his position was really untenable.

The issue here to me is who released this information.

Diplomatic papers are highly confidential and are the only way to pass sensitive information. Whoever released these, if British, committed treason in my eyes.

Its not like all diplomats let rip when able to give their true thoughts, what do you think the US diplomats would have been saying about May?

Groo does what Groo does best

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 18:48 - Jul 10 with 1869 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 18:32 - Jul 10 by Groo

Once his confidential notes were released then his position was really untenable.

Diplomatic papers are highly confidential and are the only way to pass sensitive information. Whoever released these, if British, committed treason in my eyes.

Its not like all diplomats let rip when able to give their true thoughts, what do you think the US diplomats would have been saying about May?

US diplomats? The president has criticised her this week. On twitter. Like the pathetic little infant he is.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:01 - Jul 10 with 1842 viewsWxmJax

Virus did not back him for simply doing his job.

Just noticed the predictive text auto correct. Seems about right. Conspiracy anyone ?

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:19 - Jul 10 with 1808 viewslonglostjack

Hopefully the culprit will be discovered and face a lengthy prison sentence. Few people would have been privy to that information and it shouldn’t be difficult to find the person who passed it on to the Mail on Sunday.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:21 - Jul 10 with 1804 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:19 - Jul 10 by longlostjack

Hopefully the culprit will be discovered and face a lengthy prison sentence. Few people would have been privy to that information and it shouldn’t be difficult to find the person who passed it on to the Mail on Sunday.

Start with who at the Mail on Sunday and work back...

The whole sorry mess may well fall apart because of this. Perhaps someone has tried to be clever once too often.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:25 - Jul 10 with 1787 viewsmajorraglan

Diplomats are supposed to represent their countries interests abroad and to provide frank advice to their governments, it appears to me what Darroch has done is exactly what his country would expect him to. The issue here is the leaking of that information, there is no doubt in my mind that the police should investigate and that the offender should be located and investigated.

In terms of Johnson, nothing would surprise me re him his interest is Boris end of! In terms of the diplomats assessment of the current Trump regime, I dare say he has been fed a lot of information from other diplomats and possibly “insiders” who are part of the current administration. It certainly appears from the reports our press publish that there is a high turnover of staff in the Trimp administration.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:30 - Jul 10 with 1776 viewscontroversial_jack

Special relationship, my arse!
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:45 - Jul 10 with 1757 viewsPozuelosSideys

Darroch was doing his job. Every country does this, its not unusual.

The timing of this is of no coincidence imo. This info is available to a relatively large (i say large number, its more than you would think) number of people and has been around for a while. Seems coordinated to me that they appear now. This will be designed to damage UK/US relationships before any trade deals can take place. ie Brexit - related in that they know Trump will behave like a child by stuff like this and stick the UK straight on the back foot. This whole thing stinks like another stitch up.

Not sure it has anything to do with Johnson though. FWIW, Hunt has acted far, far more PM worthy than Johnson recently anyway.

Id argue the release of info on Corbyns health was of a similar sinister nature. Culprits who release this type of stuff from a position of priviige need to be prosecuted im afraid. Both breaches.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:48 - Jul 10 with 1748 viewsWxmJax

This is Isabell Oakeshitt, the person who broke the story, she's on TV now and again.

https://images.app.goo.gl/is5b34W9MJzDZFbN8

https://images.app.goo.gl/NoxHSUd5ogESJXxF8
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 19:52]

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:49 - Jul 10 with 1735 viewssg1912

Wake up to what?

Just as Darroch was entitled to his opinion, Trump was also entitled to ban him from the White House.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:52 - Jul 10 with 1719 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:49 - Jul 10 by sg1912

Wake up to what?

Just as Darroch was entitled to his opinion, Trump was also entitled to ban him from the White House.

He’s not entitled to cut off diplomatic ties with a so called friendly nation because their ambassador is doing his job. No country has ever done that before. To anyone.

It’s pathetic.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:53 - Jul 10 with 1712 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:48 - Jul 10 by WxmJax

This is Isabell Oakeshitt, the person who broke the story, she's on TV now and again.

https://images.app.goo.gl/is5b34W9MJzDZFbN8

https://images.app.goo.gl/NoxHSUd5ogESJXxF8
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 19:52]

Wow.

Imagine that...
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:56 - Jul 10 with 1707 viewssg1912

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:52 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

He’s not entitled to cut off diplomatic ties with a so called friendly nation because their ambassador is doing his job. No country has ever done that before. To anyone.

It’s pathetic.

It's not diplomatic to call your allies inept and insecure.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:59 - Jul 10 with 1699 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:56 - Jul 10 by sg1912

What part of it’s the ambassador’s job to report information back to their home country as honestly as they can do you not understand?
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:00 - Jul 10 with 1693 viewssg1912

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:59 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

What part of it’s the ambassador’s job to report information back to their home country as honestly as they can do you not understand?

How do you know it's honest?
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:02 - Jul 10 with 1685 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:00 - Jul 10 by sg1912

How do you know it's honest?

Don’t be so utterly ridiculous.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:05 - Jul 10 with 1676 viewssg1912

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:02 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

Don’t be so utterly ridiculous.

Nobody would ever hold a personal vendetta against Trump, would they?
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:05 - Jul 10 with 1675 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 19:25 - Jul 10 by majorraglan

Diplomats are supposed to represent their countries interests abroad and to provide frank advice to their governments, it appears to me what Darroch has done is exactly what his country would expect him to. The issue here is the leaking of that information, there is no doubt in my mind that the police should investigate and that the offender should be located and investigated.

In terms of Johnson, nothing would surprise me re him his interest is Boris end of! In terms of the diplomats assessment of the current Trump regime, I dare say he has been fed a lot of information from other diplomats and possibly “insiders” who are part of the current administration. It certainly appears from the reports our press publish that there is a high turnover of staff in the Trimp administration.

Darroch did what he’s paid to do. His frank opinion or the fact that he expressed them isn’t the problem. The fact that they were leaked was. And once the next PM made clear that Darroch was finished as soon as he takes over I don’t blame him for resigning. Why wait to be sacked and publicly humiliated. For once and right at the end the wretched May and her rancid government did exactly the right thing by standing by its ambassador.

Poll: Tory leader

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:05 - Jul 10 with 1674 viewsWxmJax

What do you think foreign diplomats are saying about the state of the UK at the moment ?

They are supposed to be confidential.

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:06 - Jul 10 with 1672 viewsexiledclaseboy

It is when he’s advising his ministers and the prime minister. If that’s the case and if that’s his view it’s exactly what he should be telling them. It’s his duty and it’s required of him. It won’t have come as a surprise to anyone anyway.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 20:15]

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:13 - Jul 10 with 1652 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:05 - Jul 10 by sg1912

Nobody would ever hold a personal vendetta against Trump, would they?

The only example of a personal vendetta in this sorry mess is the reaction of Trump.

Tell me this though. At what point did so many extreme Brexiteers decide that far from taking back control to make Britain a great nation standing gloriously astride the global stage you instead prefer to side with a foreign power that chooses to threaten this country?
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:14 - Jul 10 with 1648 viewsWarwickHunt

It is if it’s not meant to be broadcast.

In fact it’s a large part of a diplomat’s job, you dumb fûck.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:15 - Jul 10 with 1646 viewslondonlisa2001

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:05 - Jul 10 by WxmJax

What do you think foreign diplomats are saying about the state of the UK at the moment ?

They are supposed to be confidential.

The US ambassador was openly critical of the effect Brexit would have on the UK and the way it was being handled in that Channel 4 programme. That’s with a TV camera pointed at him.
Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:16 - Jul 10 with 1641 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:15 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

The US ambassador was openly critical of the effect Brexit would have on the UK and the way it was being handled in that Channel 4 programme. That’s with a TV camera pointed at him.

The US president has done exactly the same numerous times.

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:17 - Jul 10 with 1633 viewssg1912

Sir Kim Darroch resigns on 20:13 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

The only example of a personal vendetta in this sorry mess is the reaction of Trump.

Tell me this though. At what point did so many extreme Brexiteers decide that far from taking back control to make Britain a great nation standing gloriously astride the global stage you instead prefer to side with a foreign power that chooses to threaten this country?

He wasn't expelled, he resigned.

By the same logic would you consider the EU as threatening the UK every time a Brexit minister resigned?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024