Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? 18:52 - Jul 10 with 7702 viewsNotLoyal

Never seemed that bad a bloke to me, I'm thinking now though what is it he really did wrong ? The undebatable truth ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 21:38 - Jul 14 with 1481 viewsNotLoyal

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:48 - Jul 13 by Garyjack

Martin Morgan did not bail the boys out in Greece. At the time he was working abroad as a holiday rep and didn't have two pennies to rub together.

So he didn't own travel house in 1989 ?
I was told he did and was involved, I stand corrected if it's untrue, but Doug Sharpe often referred to him being involved.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 21:41]

OK I've changed it.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 21:42 - Jul 14 with 1468 viewsNotLoyal

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:50 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

Leaving aside how the Trust SD at the time ended up with a 5% stake in the club, I'm sure he, like the others, would have been treated like heroes if they'd conducted the 2016 sale differently. That he was involved in that from the start, kept it from the Trust and has continued to enjoy the benefits of being involved with the club has probably grated with many people.

And three years later nothing has been sorted out.

OK I've changed it.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 06:43 - Jul 15 with 1352 viewsUxbridge

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 21:42 - Jul 14 by NotLoyal

And three years later nothing has been sorted out.

The sellers simply refusing to properly engage with the mediation and pre-action process is a big reason for that. Hence why Trust members will be voting on next steps.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 06:51 - Jul 15 with 1347 viewsSwanDownUnder

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 06:43 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

The sellers simply refusing to properly engage with the mediation and pre-action process is a big reason for that. Hence why Trust members will be voting on next steps.

And you recommending people not to take legal action, don't forget.
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 07:20 - Jul 15 with 1320 viewsUxbridge

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 06:51 - Jul 15 by SwanDownUnder

And you recommending people not to take legal action, don't forget.

Not really. It either would have been finalised one way or the other last time if the yanks hadn't walked away or we'd still have had the last year anyway as pre-action protocol would have to be followed before legal action either way. But hey, keep with the cheap pops.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 09:28 - Jul 15 with 1200 viewsswancity

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 07:20 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

Not really. It either would have been finalised one way or the other last time if the yanks hadn't walked away or we'd still have had the last year anyway as pre-action protocol would have to be followed before legal action either way. But hey, keep with the cheap pops.

But he’s right. Instead of a flippant response you could always accept that you made a mistake. You spent months telling everyone not to vote for legal action when that was clearly the way forward then and still is.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:12 - Jul 15 with 1177 viewsSwanDownUnder

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 07:20 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

you are deluded.
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:14 - Jul 15 with 1171 viewsSwanDownUnder

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 09:28 - Jul 15 by swancity

But he’s right. Instead of a flippant response you could always accept that you made a mistake. You spent months telling everyone not to vote for legal action when that was clearly the way forward then and still is.

Exactly, he won't even admit it.
Login to get fewer ads

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:33 - Jul 15 with 1156 viewsNotLoyal

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 06:43 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

As you know though you don't need engagement to bring about a civil action. Once you have identified the issue and engagement didn't follow a simple action to bring the matter to court should have immediately followed.

OK I've changed it.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:48 - Jul 15 with 1143 viewsUxbridge

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:14 - Jul 15 by SwanDownUnder

Exactly, he won't even admit it.

It's almost as if it's a different consultation with different options. Yet still some people can't comprehend the basics. Deluded indeed.

Ah PS. Always fun.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:52 - Jul 15 with 1134 viewsUxbridge

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:33 - Jul 15 by NotLoyal

As you know though you don't need engagement to bring about a civil action. Once you have identified the issue and engagement didn't follow a simple action to bring the matter to court should have immediately followed.

Protocol does need to be followed though. There's pre-action direction for a reason. And, like it or no, need to ensure litigation can be funded.

This isn't directed at you but some of the people on here who think this is a simple and quick exercise should have stood for election and seen for themselves the hoops to go through even to get to this point. Tortuous.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:52 - Jul 15 with 1118 viewsDarran

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:48 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

It's almost as if it's a different consultation with different options. Yet still some people can't comprehend the basics. Deluded indeed.

Ah PS. Always fun.

All they’re saying is that ‘you’ were pushing for the lesser action the last time.
Why don’t you just agree that you were because you were and everyone (hopefully) can move on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:56 - Jul 15 with 1127 viewsUxbridge

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:52 - Jul 15 by Darran

All they’re saying is that ‘you’ were pushing for the lesser action the last time.
Why don’t you just agree that you were because you were and everyone (hopefully) can move on.

I voted for the deal. Never ever said otherwise.

There's still a whole load of nonsense written about legal action though, and I say that in favour of the bloody thing and will argue so tonight.

People won't move on. They never do. It's a bit sad really.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 11:37 - Jul 15 with 1094 viewsOptimisticJack

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:56 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

There's still a whole load of nonsense written about legal action though, and I say that in favour of the bloody thing and will argue so tonight.

Keep up the good work Ux.
You do a great job communicating with the fans on here and elsewhere. It's a thankless and often difficult task .
Legal process is a long and complex process.
Hopefully now we are reaching the stage for legal action to be taken.
That was my original vote and still is after considering all the pros and cons.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 22:51]

Optimisticjack

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 11:39 - Jul 15 with 1074 viewsDarran

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:56 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

They’ll never move on whilst you keep denying the truth.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 13:13 - Jul 15 with 1027 views1983

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 21:38 - Jul 14 by NotLoyal

So he didn't own travel house in 1989 ?
I was told he did and was involved, I stand corrected if it's untrue, but Doug Sharpe often referred to him being involved.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 21:41]

The Greek trip was run by an independent travel company on high street something like Pritchard travel or Philips travel, the son used to knock around with a few of the Queens boys but didn't go and fell out with them after the Greece trip due to whole trip being a bit flakey and the trouble out there, the firm went bust not long after.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:50 - Jul 15 with 973 viewsswancity

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 11:39 - Jul 15 by Darran

They’ll never move on whilst you keep denying the truth.

He comes across as an arrogant patronising know it all. I’m sure that’s not the case in real life (or may be if is) but I was staggered at the lengths he went to last time to persuade members not yovord for legal action when it was clear that was the way forward.

And now he’s seen sense at last so better late than never even if he won’t accept that he dropped a bollock. 👍🏻

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 15:26 - Jul 15 with 944 viewsUxbridge

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:50 - Jul 15 by swancity

He comes across as an arrogant patronising know it all. I’m sure that’s not the case in real life (or may be if is) but I was staggered at the lengths he went to last time to persuade members not yovord for legal action when it was clear that was the way forward.

And now he’s seen sense at last so better late than never even if he won’t accept that he dropped a bollock. 👍🏻

This is irony, yes?

You're right, I'm actually very lovely.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 15:29 - Jul 15 with 933 viewsmonmouth

You did argue very strongly against legal action and pushed the deal very very hard on here. It’s one of the few times we have pointedly disagreed. I don’t get what the issue is now though. It’s an opinion. Nobody is right or wrong here even though I was right

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 15:49 - Jul 15 with 896 viewsUxbridge

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 15:29 - Jul 15 by monmouth

You did argue very strongly against legal action and pushed the deal very very hard on here. It’s one of the few times we have pointedly disagreed. I don’t get what the issue is now though. It’s an opinion. Nobody is right or wrong here even though I was right

I think you'll find this is a clear case of right and wrong and clear facts with no room for opinions

The only thing that gripped my proverbial last time was some of the nonsense statements around legal action ... it couldn't be lost as it's a strong case, it'll be over quickly, it won't impact anything in the meantime. All nonsense. Still is. I probably did spent a disproportionate amount of time on the legal argument from that perspective, but I'd say that was due to the nature of the discussion on here which was utterly focused on that.

I did say then, and I hope nobody asks me to go searching through those interminable threads but it be the truth, that if the choice was between legal and the status quo, I'd always vote legal as the latter is simply untenabe in my eyes. I also said it was a close call between the deal or legal, but my pragmatic needle tilted towards the deal side.

Still, lesson learned and all that. If I knew what was to come then it would have tilted that towards the legal side. The record will show I voted to walk away when Phil and Matt ended up resigning over the conduct of our American friends, so the irony is that even though I voted for the deal I wouldn't have voted to progress to signing. Truth be told, I'd still rather a deal now, although what I'd consider acceptable is probably somewhat different. Either way, I wouldn't dream of spending a tenth of the time on here that I did then. See, I can do personal growth .

Not that any of it mattered of course. PS was very strongly pro-Swexit (I'm claiming copyright of that BTW!). My view was in the small minority and I doubt I convinced anyone based on the conversations on here. Mind you as there are only actually 10 real people with a dozen or so usernames each, that's probably not surprising .
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 15:57]

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 16:24 - Jul 15 with 850 viewsDarran

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 15:29 - Jul 15 by monmouth

The only issue is that he continually denies doing it.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 17:08 - Jul 15 with 821 viewsWingstandwood

Is Leigh Dineen still SCFC Vice Chairman? The title does not seem to be on his Twitter page?

Argus!

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 17:16 - Jul 15 with 803 viewsDarran

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 17:08 - Jul 15 by Wingstandwood

Is Leigh Dineen still SCFC Vice Chairman? The title does not seem to be on his Twitter page?

I believe is though I’ve also been told he’s finishing within the next few months.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 17:26 - Jul 15 with 793 viewsWingstandwood

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 17:16 - Jul 15 by Darran

I believe is though I’ve also been told he’s finishing within the next few months.

Good! Forever exorcised be the club be of their presence if that is possible. The sell off was made far worse by the fact that the sellouts wanted the best of both worlds i.e. sell the vast majority of their shares but continue with all that was before.

Argus!

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 18:09 - Jul 15 with 751 viewsDarran

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 17:26 - Jul 15 by Wingstandwood

Good! Forever exorcised be the club be of their presence if that is possible. The sell off was made far worse by the fact that the sellouts wanted the best of both worlds i.e. sell the vast majority of their shares but continue with all that was before.

Apparently his contract is about to expire.

I have no concrete evidence of this but some people have suggested that the former chairman and vice chairman had contracts written in as part of the sale of the club to continue earning a wage.
I have no idea if that is true it’s just something I’ve seen written on the internet and spoken about at games which was mainly about Jenkins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024