Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? 18:52 - Jul 10 with 7698 viewsNotLoyal

Never seemed that bad a bloke to me, I'm thinking now though what is it he really did wrong ? The undebatable truth ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 19:02 - Jul 10 with 3669 viewsDarran

All of them sold not just him so the legal action if it ever happens is against all of them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 19:38 - Jul 10 with 3606 viewsChief

Tweeting about the cake they sell at the Ynysmeudwy Arms during the game where we were getting relegated from the Premier league?

That and the complete arrogance and ignorance he displays about the situation.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 19:45 - Jul 10 with 3588 viewswaynekerr55

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 19:38 - Jul 10 by Chief

Tweeting about the cake they sell at the Ynysmeudwy Arms during the game where we were getting relegated from the Premier league?

That and the complete arrogance and ignorance he displays about the situation.

The twitter exchange with Jim White was a classic.

The back peddling when Jim produced the evidence was a joy!

On a serious note, had he and the others just said "we are cashing in" nobody of sound mind could've criticised them. The whole disingenuous manner they've all displayed, coupled with holding on for every penny they could milk from the club (especially Jenkins) truly does show that money is the root of all evil

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 19:47 - Jul 10 with 3576 viewsNeathJack

https://www.swanseasound.co.uk/on-air/podcasts/real-sports-phone-in/episode/leig
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 20:06 - Jul 10 with 3517 viewsLandore_Jack

Hi Leigh

#backtojack

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 20:14 - Jul 10 with 3496 viewssg1912

Selling his products to the club at 3x the market value is hardly the mark of a 'not bad bloke'.
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 21:00 - Jul 10 with 3371 views34dfgdf54

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 20:14 - Jul 10 by sg1912

Selling his products to the club at 3x the market value is hardly the mark of a 'not bad bloke'.

Agreed
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 21:11 - Jul 10 with 3341 viewsJacket

For me they are all equal the sell-outs. A bunch of twarts, a shower of shite. Shame, because they all did a lot of good in the past. If some hate Dineen more than the rest it's probably because he wasn't there from the start. Either that or one of their purchases has got jammed in one of his vending machines or they've had a dodgy pint of Gower Gold.
Login to get fewer ads

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:08 - Jul 11 with 2956 viewsdameedna

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 19:45 - Jul 10 by waynekerr55

The twitter exchange with Jim White was a classic.

The back peddling when Jim produced the evidence was a joy!

On a serious note, had he and the others just said "we are cashing in" nobody of sound mind could've criticised them. The whole disingenuous manner they've all displayed, coupled with holding on for every penny they could milk from the club (especially Jenkins) truly does show that money is the root of all evil

unfortunately missed that one
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:11 - Jul 11 with 2945 viewsNotLoyal

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 21:11 - Jul 10 by Jacket

For me they are all equal the sell-outs. A bunch of twarts, a shower of shite. Shame, because they all did a lot of good in the past. If some hate Dineen more than the rest it's probably because he wasn't there from the start. Either that or one of their purchases has got jammed in one of his vending machines or they've had a dodgy pint of Gower Gold.

Dineen was instrumental in the whole Petty getting fücked off, in fact he was in amongst it well before that. Including pressurising the owners since 1997.
I'll give him that.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:36 - Jul 11 with 2908 viewsdobjack2

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:11 - Jul 11 by NotLoyal

Dineen was instrumental in the whole Petty getting fücked off, in fact he was in amongst it well before that. Including pressurising the owners since 1997.
I'll give him that.

They should all have credit for what they did on the way up. However it is for their actions over the last few years for which they will be remembered.
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:48 - Jul 11 with 2889 viewsJacket

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 10:11 - Jul 11 by NotLoyal

I'll give him that.

Sorry, I was referring to the fact he wsn't one of the original investors as a possible reason, not trying to diminish his contribution with the trust.
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:23 - Jul 11 with 2757 viewsOptimisticJack

I'll give him that.

Ironically history will remember him as more hated than Petty.
Petty had no connections with the club whereas Dineen
WAS one of us.

Optimisticjack

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:48 - Jul 11 with 2703 viewsBadlands

He's not outside a few who have serious jealousy issues.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:50 - Jul 11 with 2706 viewsUxbridge

Leaving aside how the Trust SD at the time ended up with a 5% stake in the club, I'm sure he, like the others, would have been treated like heroes if they'd conducted the 2016 sale differently. That he was involved in that from the start, kept it from the Trust and has continued to enjoy the benefits of being involved with the club has probably grated with many people.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:58 - Jul 11 with 2680 viewsOptimisticJack

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:50 - Jul 11 by Uxbridge

Leaving aside how the Trust SD at the time ended up with a 5% stake in the club, I'm sure he, like the others, would have been treated like heroes if they'd conducted the 2016 sale differently. That he was involved in that from the start, kept it from the Trust and has continued to enjoy the benefits of being involved with the club has probably grated with many people.

Good post Ux.
The manner in which the sale was undertaken to a hedge fund of 28 people was and always will be the issue.
I'm sure most fans wouldnt have begrudged our old board selling out to the right people.
Good on them, they deserve it, I would have said.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 13:09]

Optimisticjack

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? (n/t) on 13:01 - Jul 11 with 2673 viewsswan65split

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:58 - Jul 11 by OptimisticJack

Good post Ux.
The manner in which the sale was undertaken to a hedge fund of 28 people was and always will be the issue.
I'm sure most fans wouldnt have begrudged our old board selling out to the right people.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 13:12 - Jul 11 with 2641 viewsSwanseaman

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 12:58 - Jul 11 by OptimisticJack

Good post Ux.

The way that the sale was undertaken, to a hedge fund, and the dodginess of it all (keeping the trust out of negotiations, keeping them in the dark), plus transferring shares so that the trust became powerless?

The question is, who was/is mainly responsible for this. Was it Jenkins/Dineen and other sellers, was it the Yanks, or were both equally to blame.

The yanks have openly stated that they were told to keep it all quite, not to talk with the trust - or something like that.

So who's idea was it to be transferring shares and to reduce the trusts involvement, was this something the yanks specifically wanted, and the sale depended on this, or was it all to do with Jenkins and his cronies?

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 13:51 - Jul 11 with 2564 viewsvetchonian

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 13:12 - Jul 11 by Swanseaman

The way that the sale was undertaken, to a hedge fund, and the dodginess of it all (keeping the trust out of negotiations, keeping them in the dark), plus transferring shares so that the trust became powerless?

The question is, who was/is mainly responsible for this. Was it Jenkins/Dineen and other sellers, was it the Yanks, or were both equally to blame.

The yanks have openly stated that they were told to keep it all quite, not to talk with the trust - or something like that.

So who's idea was it to be transferring shares and to reduce the trusts involvement, was this something the yanks specifically wanted, and the sale depended on this, or was it all to do with Jenkins and his cronies?

Firstly great post Ux, especially the fact regarding how Dineen as SD aqquired his shareholding...uder the radar....no one has kicked up a fuss about that though plenty was said about Huw Cooze and his payments and "work" for the club....which all arose around the sale of the shares I am convinced that he was thrown under the buss by the sellouts...info leaked so the issue became a distraction from the share sales.

To answer your questions Swanseaman, i guess bith HJ et al and the Yanks have similar blame,the sellouts for keeping it queit and I think the transfer of voting rights was down to the Yanks ensuring that they had control, I am not sure that sneaky beaky and his cronies would have considered that .....and I quess that the Yanks then made it a condition of sale. The rest as they say is history.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:11 - Jul 11 with 2543 viewsSwanseaman

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 13:51 - Jul 11 by vetchonian

Firstly great post Ux, especially the fact regarding how Dineen as SD aqquired his shareholding...uder the radar....no one has kicked up a fuss about that though plenty was said about Huw Cooze and his payments and "work" for the club....which all arose around the sale of the shares I am convinced that he was thrown under the buss by the sellouts...info leaked so the issue became a distraction from the share sales.

To answer your questions Swanseaman, i guess bith HJ et al and the Yanks have similar blame,the sellouts for keeping it queit and I think the transfer of voting rights was down to the Yanks ensuring that they had control, I am not sure that sneaky beaky and his cronies would have considered that .....and I quess that the Yanks then made it a condition of sale. The rest as they say is history.

i think that the transfer of the voting rights could have been down to the yanks, they would have obviously wanted as much control as possible. but jenkins had got fed up with the trust and he may have been looking at ways to reduce them getting in the way of things in the future.

He asked the yanks to keep things quiet so i'm not sure if it was all 100% the yanks idea with the voting rights.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:15 - Jul 11 with 2529 viewsdobjack2

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:11 - Jul 11 by Swanseaman

i think that the transfer of the voting rights could have been down to the yanks, they would have obviously wanted as much control as possible. but jenkins had got fed up with the trust and he may have been looking at ways to reduce them getting in the way of things in the future.

He asked the yanks to keep things quiet so i'm not sure if it was all 100% the yanks idea with the voting rights.

Doesn’t really matter whose idea it was, they did it.
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:21 - Jul 11 with 2518 viewsSwanseaman

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:15 - Jul 11 by dobjack2

Doesn’t really matter whose idea it was, they did it.

Good point.

And to do the dirty against the trust like this, they basically went against the supporters of the club, which would obviously turn us against them.

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:27 - Jul 11 with 2495 viewsJacket

"pretty damned hurt" was Huw Cooze by the whole thing, before sitting down in the directors' box with them all the following Saturday.
So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 15:06 - Jul 11 with 2417 viewsOptimisticJack

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 14:27 - Jul 11 by Jacket

"pretty damned hurt" was Huw Cooze by the whole thing, before sitting down in the directors' box with them all the following Saturday.

Huw Cooze run with the horses and the hounds.
Has a lot to answer for I'm afraid.

Optimisticjack

So in which way did Leigh Dineen become so hated ? on 15:09 - Jul 11 with 2405 viewsNeath_Jack

Why doesn't Martin Morgan hardly ever get mentioned?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024