Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely there is now no need to sell 10:09 - Jul 11 with 7782 viewsNotLoyal

With transfer income and getting rid of the greedy fecks, and of course the parachute payments.
It's time to retain not sell and get back to where we belong ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:36 - Jul 11 with 3720 viewsandypitt56

get rid of the Ayews, Borja and Montero and I think we are probably on an even keel again.

Still I wouldn't want the club to then go crazy spending money, they should revert to the type of spending prior to being the prem. I.e 1 or 2 key signings with a few squad players ( although i think they should be academy players now).
Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:47 - Jul 11 with 3692 viewsBadlands

Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:36 - Jul 11 by andypitt56

get rid of the Ayews, Borja and Montero and I think we are probably on an even keel again.

Still I wouldn't want the club to then go crazy spending money, they should revert to the type of spending prior to being the prem. I.e 1 or 2 key signings with a few squad players ( although i think they should be academy players now).

Off-loading Ayews and Borja without transfer fees would put us on an even keel and mean money available for transfers in.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Surely there is now no need to sell on 13:30 - Jul 11 with 3627 viewsjasper_T

We've sold one player for £15m and the parachute payment has dropped £10m, which is roughly what we're saving in wages from expired contracts. It's optimistic to think we were that close to breaking even. The accounts made it look like we owed more than that just for old PL business, let alone the deficit we surely ran at last season.

Lot of work to be done, and I doubt there's much interest out there for most of the expensive hangers-on.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 13:43 - Jul 11 with 3586 viewsmonmouth

Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:36 - Jul 11 by andypitt56

Carroll is also leaching a ridiculous wage.

But in football it's never that simple. To get shot we would have to pay up their contracts/loyalty (hah!) bonuses to a certain extent, even though they've effectively refused to play for us.. It is all ridiculously weighted towards the greedy turds. I know it's hard to digest, but if those terrible mistakes of Bony, Boston, Ayew et al don't relegate us again, we've probably dodged the worst bullet.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:25 - Jul 11 with 3420 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

A hedge fund aims to make money despite the ups and downs including stripping out assets and selling on at an overall profit.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:29 - Jul 11 with 3399 viewsCooperman

We still need to shift anyone on more than twenty five grand a week.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:32 - Jul 11 with 3389 viewsmonmouth

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:25 - Jul 11 by JACKMANANDBOY

A hedge fund aims to make money despite the ups and downs including stripping out assets and selling on at an overall profit.

The only way to a real return for them is a promotion and flip. I don't really see how they could manage the shitstorm we got ourselves in much differently.

Yes, they are just as culpable as Jenko for allowing our finances to be so mismanaged. No mater how much they believed in his 'genius' to avoid relegation. We were woefully unprepared for a relegation that had been highlighted in flashing lights for three seasons. The Ayew transfer was utterly incomprehensible. But given where we ended up, they have behaved responsibly.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:07 - Jul 11 with 3317 viewsChief

But we're owned by people with the resources and will to compete?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:12 - Jul 11 with 3307 viewsmagicdaps10

The average championship wage is nearly 25k a week.

There is no need to sell but we want the Ayews and Baston off our books, we have had another good summer intake and are capable of covering the wages of those mentioned...... But as stated, we don't want them.

I still fear that once the Ayews and Baston are gone, the line from the club will be that we are still fighting a black hole.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:28 - Jul 11 with 3267 viewsmonmouth

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:07 - Jul 11 by Chief

But we're owned by people with the resources and will to compete?

We know that's a lie though. Given that they are liars, cheats, dissemblers and american business men acting in their own self interest, they have behaved responsibly.

I should imagine that if the Trust decides to take legal action on their March deadline (sorry, just cheap frustration), the next mendacious line will be that the provision needed will be at the expense of spending (that would never have happened anyway of course) on the squad. If that happens, andthe Trust win a multi million buyout then the behavioural fallout might be interesting. I'm not sure how it will be resoved but I can't see it getting that far one way or another.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:37 - Jul 11 with 3248 viewslonglostjack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:32 - Jul 11 by monmouth

The only way to a real return for them is a promotion and flip. I don't really see how they could manage the shitstorm we got ourselves in much differently.

Yes, they are just as culpable as Jenko for allowing our finances to be so mismanaged. No mater how much they believed in his 'genius' to avoid relegation. We were woefully unprepared for a relegation that had been highlighted in flashing lights for three seasons. The Ayew transfer was utterly incomprehensible. But given where we ended up, they have behaved responsibly.

Quite amazing that they didn’t do any due diligence before “investing” in us and then compounded their mistake by relying on a Chairman who was clearly out of his depth. Then there was the Guidolin/Bradley fiasco. If only they’d listened to their customers.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 18:39]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:52 - Jul 11 with 3214 viewsmagicdaps10

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:37 - Jul 11 by longlostjack

Quite amazing that they didn’t do any due diligence before “investing” in us and then compounded their mistake by relying on a Chairman who was clearly out of his depth. Then there was the Guidolin/Bradley fiasco. If only they’d listened to their customers.

Even if they read some of the stuff that was posted on here, names suggested that we should sign...... Obviously no need to listen to the ones who are no longer on here!

It was a mess at the time, looking back it was an absolute cocck fest of a fook up..... Couldn't have made it any worse if they tried. The club was being run by a power ego'd clown and a bunch of yanks who don't know their arrse from their elbow.

What made it more laughable is that some were on here praising the work that was being done 😂😂😂😂

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:56 - Jul 11 with 3205 viewsSwans9

How do the majority of American owners of investments work. Wish pro yanks on here will finally work it out and forget the past. They try and make money for them and their shareholders. Penny will drop when they leave and takeover another of their several money making investments.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:00 - Jul 11 with 3189 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:32 - Jul 11 by monmouth

Yes the need was /is to get costs down dramatically so the club does not cost the owners money.
There is a scenario of getting the running costs in the black, selling your best assets and selling on the club. I'm not saying I know that will happen, just that there are different ways of looking at the issue.
I agree that the best pay day is getting promoted, but I don't think they will invest in the true sense of the word to try to achieve this, they have not to date.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 19:00]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:20 - Jul 11 with 3133 viewsNotLoyal

They saw Huws balance sheet including gylfi and llorente and watched the film, the promo was complete, greed took over even in the Yanks eyes.

OK I've changed it.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:25 - Jul 11 with 3109 viewsOldjack

strange one that …….. they the sellouts didn’t do any due diligence either ,sold up to the first bums who'd cough up ,hence all the hush hush by the sly devious ones

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:54 - Jul 11 with 3051 viewsBillyChong

After buying the club, have the Americans spent any of their own money at all?
Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:18 - Jul 11 with 2998 viewsmonmouth

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:54 - Jul 11 by BillyChong

Yes, because every penny of income into the club is now effectively 'their own money' if they can think of a way to extract it without paying a dividend or defrauding the minority shareholders. They have provided loans at commercial rates for working capital haven't they? That's also their own money, but probably a preferential secured loan.

New capital or loans to buy players, no. And we should be pretty glad of that.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:28 - Jul 11 with 2962 viewsDr_Winston

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:18 - Jul 11 by monmouth

Yes, because every penny of income into the club is now effectively 'their own money' if they can think of a way to extract it without paying a dividend or defrauding the minority shareholders. They have provided loans at commercial rates for working capital haven't they? That's also their own money, but probably a preferential secured loan.

Still staggering how many people won't have that last sentence.

I'd suggest that the outgoings thus far have gone a fair way towards plugging this season's gap, but as we're still paying both Ayew's, Baston, Carroll and probably one or two others for at least another season it would be somewhat foolish to start splurging yet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:28 - Jul 11 with 2955 viewsOldjack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:54 - Jul 11 by BillyChong

NO, not a bean of their own money apart from the clubs money which they deem now belongs to them ,Well done the sellouts

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:29 - Jul 11 with 2954 viewsCooperman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:12 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

The average championship wage is nearly 25k a week.

There is no need to sell but we want the Ayews and Baston off our books, we have had another good summer intake and are capable of covering the wages of those mentioned...... But as stated, we don't want them.

I still fear that once the Ayews and Baston are gone, the line from the club will be that we are still fighting a black hole.

The average Championship club runs at a loss. There is a need to sell.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:37 - Jul 11 with 2921 viewsNotLoyal

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:18 - Jul 11 by monmouth

Where do the trust fit in owning a fifth of the club ?

OK I've changed it.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:40 - Jul 11 with 2907 viewsmagicdaps10

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:29 - Jul 11 by Cooperman

The average Championship club runs at a loss. There is a need to sell.

The average championship club doesn't see 18m straight into the bank account this summer coupled with 1m a month off the wage bill from July 1st.

So many things can be batted back and forth but there is more depth to the situation here at Swansea City, the sale will be priority with the yanks.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:40 - Jul 11 with 2902 viewsGaryjack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:37 - Jul 11 by NotLoyal

Where do the trust fit in owning a fifth of the club ?

I know LOL is a bit outdated, but LOL!
Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:41 - Jul 11 with 2902 viewsSwanseaman

[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 20:44]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024