Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely there is now no need to sell 10:09 - Jul 11 with 7781 viewsNotLoyal

With transfer income and getting rid of the greedy fecks, and of course the parachute payments.
It's time to retain not sell and get back to where we belong ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Surely there is now no need to sell on 00:17 - Jul 12 with 1140 viewsCooperman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:52 - Jul 11 by magicdaps10

We were going to take a hit, that can't be argued with.

The parachute money went before we were even relegated, we are paying that back as we speak. The financial situation arouse from absolute shocking mismanagement and awful football decisions both on and off the field.

There is cutting costs and then there is cutting costs, it is apoarant the yanks are doing the latter but they are doing so with one all eyes on their ultimate goal... Selling the club for at least what they paid for and this is why Birch is on board.

Look at what we have gained thus far, 15 m for James, 3m for Potter, 12m over 12 months for wages lost since July 1st....30million. That is just shy of £570, 000 a week, that pays 30 people an average of nearly 20k a week AND that is without considering other incomes due this coming season.

OK, we will still be paying for players no longer with us but we will still be receiving payments for players also no longer with us.

I dare not state that people don't have a clue about our financial situation, that would be ignorent without seeing the full books, the chances of that is very slim indeed..... I did say FULL books!!

Out of interest, can anyone confirm our average income per match?

How do you think they will be successful in selling their holding at a value near to what they paid for it? Do you think that’s going to happen whilst we’re in a league beneath what we were when the buying transaction took place?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Surely there is now no need to sell on 06:10 - Jul 12 with 1064 viewsDr_Winston

Surely there is now no need to sell on 00:14 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

Daps et al usually only add up the numbers for money coming in; they regularly pass over the money going out.

They only want spending. They don't understand or care about how the spending is to be funded, or the risks of spending too much.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 06:21 - Jul 12 with 1048 viewsDr_Winston

Surely there is now no need to sell on 22:22 - Jul 11 by monmouth

So they are our transfer kitty then? Get fees for them and we might even pay actual money for something?

The operating losses have always been key. Wages are the club killer, and the club have been absolutely right in prioritising getting rid of the higher earners above everything else.

The work done so far has gone a long way towards ensuring as little as possible systemic debt (which Birch has basically said), but we still have financial commitments that will eat up a big chunk of income for the forthcoming season.

Get shot of those and we've got some room to play with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:18 - Jul 12 with 1026 viewsmagicdaps10

Jesus christ lads, get off your back foot!!!

Birch confirmed that there is no need to sell because the James money as helped as per his own words from last night's forum.

The modern world is a magical thing and if you look then you will find the quote, I don't need to prove an actual fact......... I suspect the comment or a link will be posted sometime today as it was a big deceleration by Mr Birch, one that the yanks will not be happy today.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:22 - Jul 12 with 1019 viewsmagicdaps10

Surely there is now no need to sell on 06:10 - Jul 12 by Dr_Winston

They only want spending. They don't understand or care about how the spending is to be funded, or the risks of spending too much.

Enlighten me and show me some proof off this forum of late that I want us to spend money?

I don't want any other jibberish just an answer to my question please.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:24 - Jul 12 with 1017 viewsmagicdaps10

Surely there is now no need to sell on 00:17 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

How do you think they will be successful in selling their holding at a value near to what they paid for it? Do you think that’s going to happen whilst we’re in a league beneath what we were when the buying transaction took place?

That is a fair question and one I can't answer on behalf of someone else but this is what they are aiming for.

Is it realistic, probably not but they are not realistic people as their time at our club has shown.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:30 - Jul 12 with 1009 viewsjack247

Surely there is now no need to sell on 00:17 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

They won’t.

They will sell for as much as they can, it won’t be near what they paid. A club run within its own means is much more saleable. That’s what they are aiming for IMO.

Unless we get extremely lucky, we aren’t going up under these owners. My guess is they will make us sustainable and look to cut their losses.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:32 - Jul 12 with 1007 viewsdameedna

We still need to consider Montero, Carrol, Dyer, Naughton and one of the goalkeepers as well as the obvious Ayews and Baston.

Both Ayews will be gone after African Cup but not sure about Baston.

Owners bought a Premier club and if promotion was on with the top earners we could see them retained.

Potter gor mixed up in that up under duress last season.

There would probably be money available to fund wages if we could get promoted but the principal cash flow scenario will be to have a below average wage and ooerating cost and rely on infrastructure, facilities and coaching to drive us out of this league.

There was some sense in that Dineen Swansea Sound discussion particukarly the concept of sweat equity and waterfall payments described as effort in the early days whereas now the club can afford to pay Mr Pearlman. .
Login to get fewer ads

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:44 - Jul 12 with 991 viewsmonmouth

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:30 - Jul 12 by jack247

They won’t.

They will sell for as much as they can, it won’t be near what they paid. A club run within its own means is much more saleable. That’s what they are aiming for IMO.

Unless we get extremely lucky, we aren’t going up under these owners. My guess is they will make us sustainable and look to cut their losses.

If they turn us into a sustainable club in this nutter league (where the main idea seems to be PL or bust), with a solid infrastructure, a football ethos throughout the club, and given our precarious position last year, they will have been very good owners. This season might well decide things on that front.

Then we can try and repeat what we did when we thought we had owners that were fans and get promoted without risking the club's existence.

Or course there will always be those that demand they 'invest' and put the club at risk to get to see Utd and Livertool again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:46 - Jul 12 with 990 viewsmagicdaps10

They won’t.

And there it is.

We have very little chance of promotion so a mid table club with little outgoings is what they are aiming for to any potential buyer.

They are not hitting the books for the clubs interest, they are doing it for their own benefit. Birch confirmed we are in no need to sell but the yanks will carry on knocking the costs down and hope Cooper works and the youth conveyor belt keeps running......... the longer there is no sale, the worse it gets for the club.

There seems to be plenty of self appointed accountants on here........... Issue is, many don't realise the truth will come out and our fan base will be ripped apart even more.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 10:20 - Jul 12 with 921 viewsdobjack2

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:44 - Jul 12 by monmouth

If they turn us into a sustainable club in this nutter league (where the main idea seems to be PL or bust), with a solid infrastructure, a football ethos throughout the club, and given our precarious position last year, they will have been very good owners. This season might well decide things on that front.

Then we can try and repeat what we did when we thought we had owners that were fans and get promoted without risking the club's existence.

Or course there will always be those that demand they 'invest' and put the club at risk to get to see Utd and Livertool again.

They will never be very good owners as they don’t give a flying one about the club, other than their investment so will look to get us to break even for that reason, and certainly don’t give a flying one about the fans or the area.

For very good owners see Leicester City and I’m on about What they themselves have done for the Leicester community not just put money into the team.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 10:30 - Jul 12 with 906 viewsJacket

Surely there is now no need to sell on 10:20 - Jul 12 by dobjack2

They will never be very good owners as they don’t give a flying one about the club, other than their investment so will look to get us to break even for that reason, and certainly don’t give a flying one about the fans or the area.

For very good owners see Leicester City and I’m on about What they themselves have done for the Leicester community not just put money into the team.

But for those of us who don't believe the asset stripping and paying for Wayne Rooney's wages, breaking even isn't going to bring them money. The only way they can legitimately make money is by increasing the share value of the club and they ain't going to do that by breaking even. But you're right that's what they seem to be trying to do. So I'm still at a loss as to what their plan is. Breaking even in the long run will see us going backwards rather than staying in the same place. If they want to see a return on their investment, they have to speculate to accumulate. The other option is to cut their losses and sell the club at a loss. After all, if they were to sell the club for half the buying price, over 28 investors it wouldn't be a great hit to take.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 10:32 - Jul 12 with 903 viewsNeath_Jack

They won’t.

"Unless we get extremely lucky, we aren’t going up under these owners."

The same goes for any potential future owners.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Surely there is now no need to sell on 10:35 - Jul 12 with 899 viewsNeath_Jack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 07:46 - Jul 12 by magicdaps10

And there it is.

We have very little chance of promotion so a mid table club with little outgoings is what they are aiming for to any potential buyer.

They are not hitting the books for the clubs interest, they are doing it for their own benefit. Birch confirmed we are in no need to sell but the yanks will carry on knocking the costs down and hope Cooper works and the youth conveyor belt keeps running......... the longer there is no sale, the worse it gets for the club.

There seems to be plenty of self appointed accountants on here........... Issue is, many don't realise the truth will come out and our fan base will be ripped apart even more.

So imagine the dastardly Americans sell us next summer.

What are you (and others) expecting?

Do you expect some wealthy owners to come in and throw money at the club in the hope that we get promoted?

Chances are we will be sold to a set of owners who will gamble on the clubs future.

Be very careful what you wish for.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Surely there is now no need to sell on 11:24 - Jul 12 with 864 viewsJacket

I think the next 12 months is going to be critical. If the Americans want to sell, they need to do it before the parachute payments come to an end. Makes me think Birchy's role is to balance the books this summer and get us sold before the end of the season. Because after 2020/21 we're going to be far less attractive prospect.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 11:31]
Surely there is now no need to sell on 11:38 - Jul 12 with 844 viewsdobjack2

Surely there is now no need to sell on 10:30 - Jul 12 by Jacket

But for those of us who don't believe the asset stripping and paying for Wayne Rooney's wages, breaking even isn't going to bring them money. The only way they can legitimately make money is by increasing the share value of the club and they ain't going to do that by breaking even. But you're right that's what they seem to be trying to do. So I'm still at a loss as to what their plan is. Breaking even in the long run will see us going backwards rather than staying in the same place. If they want to see a return on their investment, they have to speculate to accumulate. The other option is to cut their losses and sell the club at a loss. After all, if they were to sell the club for half the buying price, over 28 investors it wouldn't be a great hit to take.

A financially sound club with potential is better than a Debt ridden club if you are trying to minimise your losses. They are not going to put money into the club on top of the price they paid for the shares.

As far as the investors go .. I wonder if we are the equivalent of “springtime for hitler” or the ice hockey team in slap shot? A tax loss?
Surely there is now no need to sell on 11:45 - Jul 12 with 832 viewsZaxx

Surely there is now no need to sell on 11:38 - Jul 12 by dobjack2

A financially sound club with potential is better than a Debt ridden club if you are trying to minimise your losses. They are not going to put money into the club on top of the price they paid for the shares.

As far as the investors go .. I wonder if we are the equivalent of “springtime for hitler” or the ice hockey team in slap shot? A tax loss?

Any solvent business is better than an insolvent one...
Surely there is now no need to sell on 11:48 - Jul 12 with 815 viewsZaxx

"We don't need to sell (others) if we can't move them (high earners) on, but I am extremely hopeful that we can do that because it would make life a lot easier."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/trevor-birch-reveals-
Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:45 - Jul 12 with 756 viewsmagicdaps10

Surely there is now no need to sell on 11:48 - Jul 12 by Zaxx

"We don't need to sell (others) if we can't move them (high earners) on, but I am extremely hopeful that we can do that because it would make life a lot easier."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/trevor-birch-reveals-

Thanks for that, straight from the horses mouth.

Puts a spanner in the works for the accountants on here.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 13:01 - Jul 12 with 744 viewsNotLoyal

They won’t.

Some would say they have already scooped the cash that they put in, but of course they won't disclose the true accounts to the trust. So if you want to be accused of fraud and criminal activity that's exactly what you do when you want to hide stuff.
I don't get them but I wouldn't mind smacking them in the mouth once or twice. 😂 I've added a smiley because some people on here are twãts, like me.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 13:15]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Surely there is now no need to sell on 13:09 - Jul 12 with 737 viewsSwanseaman

[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 13:13]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Surely there is now no need to sell on 13:32 - Jul 12 with 712 viewsCooperman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:45 - Jul 12 by magicdaps10

Thanks for that, straight from the horses mouth.

Puts a spanner in the works for the accountants on here.

It's all about context.

Regardless what his quote says we need to shift / sell the high earners. A club of our size cannot afford to be subsidising the wages of Ayew if he's on loan elsewhere; that money can be put to much better use when rebuilding a squad.

His context is most likely referring to avoidance of administration or financial meltdown. In the background he will be breaking his back to move Ayew and Baston on.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:47 - Jul 12 with 640 viewsBadlands

Surely there is now no need to sell on 13:32 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

It's all about context.

Regardless what his quote says we need to shift / sell the high earners. A club of our size cannot afford to be subsidising the wages of Ayew if he's on loan elsewhere; that money can be put to much better use when rebuilding a squad.

His context is most likely referring to avoidance of administration or financial meltdown. In the background he will be breaking his back to move Ayew and Baston on.

Were you there?
Because he told me and a few others exactly the same a few weeks ago and I have posted such.
Nothing to do with 'avoidance of administration or financial meltdown'.

(I remember an expect on conspiracy theory telling a seminar on 'Perception and its importance in business' that no matter what evidence you put to a conspiracy theorist they will only ever believe their own theory.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:31 - Jul 12 with 607 viewsmonmouth

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:47 - Jul 12 by Badlands

Were you there?
Because he told me and a few others exactly the same a few weeks ago and I have posted such.

(I remember an expect on conspiracy theory telling a seminar on 'Perception and its importance in business' that no matter what evidence you put to a conspiracy theorist they will only ever believe their own theory.)

Maybe need to re read what Coops is saying?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:34 - Jul 12 with 603 viewsCooperman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:47 - Jul 12 by Badlands

Were you there?

You don’t get it.

His point is that we ain’t going down the shitter this year. The business plan for the forthcoming twelve months is probably largely balanced.

That also means that we won’t be spunking cash around on buy deals purely on the basis that there isn’t any budget. Shift the big earners and some budget almost inevitably becomes available.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024