Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely there is now no need to sell 10:09 - Jul 11 with 7836 viewsNotLoyal

With transfer income and getting rid of the greedy fecks, and of course the parachute payments.
It's time to retain not sell and get back to where we belong ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:49 - Jul 12 with 1024 viewsjack247

Surely there is now no need to sell on 10:35 - Jul 12 by Neath_Jack

So imagine the dastardly Americans sell us next summer.

What are you (and others) expecting?

Do you expect some wealthy owners to come in and throw money at the club in the hope that we get promoted?

Chances are we will be sold to a set of owners who will gamble on the clubs future.

Be very careful what you wish for.

‘Chances are we will be sold to a set of owners who will gamble on the clubs future’

Just like 3 years ago then
Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:24 - Jul 12 with 979 viewsNeath_Jack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:49 - Jul 12 by jack247

‘Chances are we will be sold to a set of owners who will gamble on the clubs future’

Just like 3 years ago then

Indeed, and now they are navigating us out of it, when they could throw us even deeper into the mire.

So the Yanks steady us again, then flog us off to another lot who could loan us up to, and over the eyeballs to chase the Premier League dream (nightmare). Not for me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:30 - Jul 12 with 975 viewsCooperman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:24 - Jul 12 by Neath_Jack

Indeed, and now they are navigating us out of it, when they could throw us even deeper into the mire.

So the Yanks steady us again, then flog us off to another lot who could loan us up to, and over the eyeballs to chase the Premier League dream (nightmare). Not for me.

Nor me.

Get us back on an even keel, aim for slow growth and get us back to the same upward trajectory that we had from 2007 to May 2011.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Surely there is now no need to sell on 18:09 - Jul 12 with 922 viewsZaxx

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:30 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

Nor me.

Get us back on an even keel, aim for slow growth and get us back to the same upward trajectory that we had from 2007 to May 2011.

Yes
Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:12 - Jul 12 with 871 viewsjack247

Yes, there’s always the possibility the next owners could be worse. Based on the last 3 years, it would take some doing.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:15 - Jul 12 with 868 viewsjack247

Surely there is now no need to sell on 17:30 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

Nor me.

Great fantasy. Every clubs owners and fans would love to get them in the Premier league, playing great football, without spending any money.

I think the fact we’ve done it once has clouded people into thinking we just offload all the big earners, press the reset button and do it again.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 853 viewsSwanseaman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:15 - Jul 12 by jack247

Great fantasy. Every clubs owners and fans would love to get them in the Premier league, playing great football, without spending any money.

I think the fact we’ve done it once has clouded people into thinking we just offload all the big earners, press the reset button and do it again.

that's correct, we can't do it on only free and loan deals. we can buy players in for not too much money, there are bargains out there. That is what we were great at leading up to promotion to the premiership. What was the most we had spent buying a player to that point?

I think you can get better by buying cheap than you possibly could getting a player on a free, because so many clubs are aware when a player becomes available on a free.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 19:28]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:30 - Jul 12 with 847 viewsCooperman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:15 - Jul 12 by jack247

Come on then, let’s hear your idea?

Login to get fewer ads

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:05 - Jul 12 with 821 viewsjack247

Surely there is now no need to sell on 19:30 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

Come on then, let’s hear your idea?

You don’t have an idea, you have a pipe dream.

We aren’t going to progress under these owners. Any player (or manager) that does well is going to be sold and replaced from the bargain basement. That may give you financial stability, it won’t give you the kind of inertia we had under Martinez, Rodgers etc.

As some have rightly pointed out, there are no guarantees our next owners will be better. I’m just hoping they are to be honest.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:28 - Jul 12 with 803 viewsZaxx

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:05 - Jul 12 by jack247

We aren’t going to progress under these owners. Any player (or manager) that does well is going to be sold and replaced from the bargain basement. That may give you financial stability, it won’t give you the kind of inertia we had under Martinez, Rodgers etc.

As some have rightly pointed out, there are no guarantees our next owners will be better. I’m just hoping they are to be honest.

Accept then that those days were our glory days.
To have them again will take a lot of good work and exceptional understanding of how our philosophy can work.
Pipe dream perhaps, not possible, nah!
Support the lads on the pitch like we used to do instead of joining in with the collective sighs which have rung around the Liberty for far too long.

Or, be a doom merchant and continue to berate the youngsters into mistakes is it?

Our owners weren't our choice but we can't do fcuk about that until we regain equilibrium/have a rich investor/oil baron etc. who will fund us unto our utmost dreams.

I don't get this Yanks out sh!t at all any more. Sure, I don't want them here tbf, but they have far superior business acumen than the previous incumbents.

I hate the fact that we're owned by who we are but equally I can't accept the boo boys on matchdays either.
How does anyone expect that we're going to get out of the situation that Conk and co have put us in fcks sake?
Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:31 - Jul 12 with 793 viewsNotLoyal

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:28 - Jul 12 by Zaxx

To have them again will take a lot of good work and exceptional understanding of how our philosophy can work.
Support the lads on the pitch like we used to do instead of joining in with the collective sighs which have rung around the Liberty for far too long.

Or, be a doom merchant and continue to berate the youngsters into mistakes is it?

Our owners weren't our choice but we can't do fcuk about that until we regain equilibrium/have a rich investor/oil baron etc. who will fund us unto our utmost dreams.

I don't get this Yanks out sh!t at all any more. Sure, I don't want them here tbf, but they have far superior business acumen than the previous incumbents.

I hate the fact that we're owned by who we are but equally I can't accept the boo boys on matchdays either.
How does anyone expect that we're going to get out of the situation that Conk and co have put us in fcks sake?

Who berates the youngsters in to mistakes?

OK I've changed it.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:37 - Jul 12 with 787 viewsjack247

First paragraph - absolutely agree.

Rest of it - don’t confuse disliking the owners with not supporting the team, berating youngsters into making mistakes etc. It’s really not the same thing.

Birch so far looks a great appointment, kudos there. Same with Potter and hopefully Cooper. I’m not sure what business acumen they have really shown. It’s easy to sell players below their market value. All they have done is not spent money we haven’t got.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:05 - Jul 12 with 766 viewsZaxx

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:37 - Jul 12 by jack247

First paragraph - absolutely agree.

Rest of it - don’t confuse disliking the owners with not supporting the team, berating youngsters into making mistakes etc. It’s really not the same thing.

Birch so far looks a great appointment, kudos there. Same with Potter and hopefully Cooper. I’m not sure what business acumen they have really shown. It’s easy to sell players below their market value. All they have done is not spent money we haven’t got.

Agreed that Birch will most likely be a better chairman than Big nose.

The thing about dissing youngsters remains.
I seriously hate the crap that rains down from our stands at times (home and away), not giving the players respect.
Some of it I get, big money and poor performances. Man, we've had that for too long.
But when we give that collective sigh and "take him off" sh!t, it doesn't help.
Don't even pretend it doesn't happen because it does.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:08 - Jul 12 with 758 viewsZaxx

Surely there is now no need to sell on 20:31 - Jul 12 by NotLoyal

Who berates the youngsters in to mistakes?

Guess you don't attend away games?
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 21:52]
Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:15 - Jul 12 with 736 viewsjack247

Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:05 - Jul 12 by Zaxx

Agreed that Birch will most likely be a better chairman than Big nose.

The thing about dissing youngsters remains.
I seriously hate the crap that rains down from our stands at times (home and away), not giving the players respect.
Some of it I get, big money and poor performances. Man, we've had that for too long.
But when we give that collective sigh and "take him off" sh!t, it doesn't help.
Don't even pretend it doesn't happen because it does.

I’m not pretending it doesn’t happen. I’ve stuck up for Routledge and Naughton on here for years (not youngsters but the collective sighs and take him off shit still applies).

What I’m saying is don’t the assume fans who don’t have a lot of time for our owners are necessarily the same fans who slag players off constantly.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:33 - Jul 12 with 704 viewsLuther27

Honesty, loyalty and football don’t mix.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:36 - Jul 12 with 699 viewsZaxx

Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:15 - Jul 12 by jack247

I’m not pretending it doesn’t happen. I’ve stuck up for Routledge and Naughton on here for years (not youngsters but the collective sighs and take him off shit still applies).

What I’m saying is don’t the assume fans who don’t have a lot of time for our owners are necessarily the same fans who slag players off constantly.

Routledge is a nice guy tbh. Lots of people wouldn't agree about his ability or intent I'm sure..
Naughton, I've never been convinced. I think he's done very well financially for a relatively poor return. Great first touch and that's about it.

Going back to the support though, it's changed so much over the years. I get that as we were 'Premier League' and thus could be critical of players as much as we liked.
But, we ain't now are we?
So maybe we shouldn't all be so fvuking pretentious any more innit?
Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:39 - Jul 12 with 694 viewsBadlands

Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:08 - Jul 12 by Zaxx

... or home.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Surely there is now no need to sell on 22:01 - Jul 12 with 653 viewsjack247

Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:36 - Jul 12 by Zaxx

Routledge is a nice guy tbh. Lots of people wouldn't agree about his ability or intent I'm sure..
Naughton, I've never been convinced. I think he's done very well financially for a relatively poor return. Great first touch and that's about it.

Going back to the support though, it's changed so much over the years. I get that as we were 'Premier League' and thus could be critical of players as much as we liked.
But, we ain't now are we?
So maybe we shouldn't all be so fvuking pretentious any more innit?

I’d imagine the people routinely slagging our players on here are more likely to be the ones slagging them at games, than those that don’t think the club is headed down a particularly rosy path under our current owners.

I’m not sure I’ve ever bought the ‘we were Premier League and could be as critical of players as we liked’ philosophy.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 23:14 - Jul 12 with 617 viewsswan65split

When it came out we were sold to the Yanks I knew we were fooked.

Glory Days I doubt if we see them again in my lifetime ,we had a chance, and it was fooked by vanity, and greed.

But Swans fan Ive been, and always will be,
Surely there is now no need to sell on 00:32 - Jul 13 with 594 viewsNotLoyal

Surely there is now no need to sell on 21:08 - Jul 12 by Zaxx

Only missed all the games prior to 1983, due to age. Since then I've been once or twice ...

OK I've changed it.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:53 - Jul 13 with 565 viewsBadlands

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:53 - Jul 13 with 565 viewsCooperman

It’s not a pipe dream unless your equivalent is owners pumping millions into the club and burdening us with debt. If it’s a choice of these two then I know what pipe dream I’m following.

How do you think that the inertia gained under Martinez first started? I’ll tell you - it was a combination of stable financial plan, thorough due diligence regarding all recruitment and a solid footballing philosophy. Slowly but surely we may well be returning to those ways.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:18 - Jul 13 with 501 viewsswan65split

Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:53 - Jul 13 by Cooperman

It’s not a pipe dream unless your equivalent is owners pumping millions into the club and burdening us with debt. If it’s a choice of these two then I know what pipe dream I’m following.

How do you think that the inertia gained under Martinez first started? I’ll tell you - it was a combination of stable financial plan, thorough due diligence regarding all recruitment and a solid footballing philosophy. Slowly but surely we may well be returning to those ways.

Due dilgence?!!!.........hmmmm so easily forgotten.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:25 - Jul 13 with 486 viewsIAN05

It’s a far stretch to claim any type of navigation from the Americans at this time. By the admission of all at the fans forum they are not involved and they have laid all hope on Birch to sort things out. In fact the steer from all the panel was to ignore the Americans and judge the club on the local management of Birch, Pearlman, Cooper and Britton
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024