Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely there is now no need to sell 10:09 - Jul 11 with 7843 viewsNotLoyal

With transfer income and getting rid of the greedy fecks, and of course the parachute payments.
It's time to retain not sell and get back to where we belong ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:27 - Jul 13 with 769 viewsjack247

Surely there is now no need to sell on 12:53 - Jul 13 by Cooperman

It’s not a pipe dream unless your equivalent is owners pumping millions into the club and burdening us with debt. If it’s a choice of these two then I know what pipe dream I’m following.

How do you think that the inertia gained under Martinez first started? I’ll tell you - it was a combination of stable financial plan, thorough due diligence regarding all recruitment and a solid footballing philosophy. Slowly but surely we may well be returning to those ways.

You seem to think I’m offering an alternative strategy or suggesting we saddle ourselves with mountains of debt.

I’m not, I’m just pointing out the reality of our situation. No inertia will be built if we sell our best players every summer and don’t reinvest a decent chunk into the squad, we can’t promote 4 or 5 from the under 23s every season, the cream are already in our first team.

We could feasibly go up under these owners, but it would take an absolute fluke of a season. Reality is neither these owners, nor the kind that would debt us up gambling on promotion are an attractive proposition.

As Zaxx said above, our glory days are probably behind us for the foreseeable future. If we haven’t spent so irresponsibly and disastrously in our final PL season, we may have had a realistic chance of getting back within our means.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:27 - Jul 13 with 769 viewsNeath_Jack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:25 - Jul 13 by IAN05

It’s a far stretch to claim any type of navigation from the Americans at this time. By the admission of all at the fans forum they are not involved and they have laid all hope on Birch to sort things out. In fact the steer from all the panel was to ignore the Americans and judge the club on the local management of Birch, Pearlman, Cooper and Britton

So who do you think appointed Birch then? You think they appointed him to spend spend spend?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:34 - Jul 13 with 755 viewsIAN05

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:27 - Jul 13 by Neath_Jack

So who do you think appointed Birch then? You think they appointed him to spend spend spend?

Of course it was the Americans, though heavily influenced by Morgan. If it works it is a very good decision but to see it as careful navigation of our situation by the owners is very far fetched.

Birch admitted on numerous occasions in the forum that he doesn’t have much contact with them.

It is also an easily forgotten fact that their mismanagement has got us into such a perilous position in the first place.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:35 - Jul 13 with 751 viewsSwanseaman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:27 - Jul 13 by jack247

You seem to think I’m offering an alternative strategy or suggesting we saddle ourselves with mountains of debt.

I’m not, I’m just pointing out the reality of our situation. No inertia will be built if we sell our best players every summer and don’t reinvest a decent chunk into the squad, we can’t promote 4 or 5 from the under 23s every season, the cream are already in our first team.

We could feasibly go up under these owners, but it would take an absolute fluke of a season. Reality is neither these owners, nor the kind that would debt us up gambling on promotion are an attractive proposition.

As Zaxx said above, our glory days are probably behind us for the foreseeable future. If we haven’t spent so irresponsibly and disastrously in our final PL season, we may have had a realistic chance of getting back within our means.

the main thing is to make sure we are competitive and to stay in this league. if we weaken ourselves too much, selling our best players, things will no doubt implode sooner or later

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:38 - Jul 13 with 746 viewsNeath_Jack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:34 - Jul 13 by IAN05

Of course it was the Americans, though heavily influenced by Morgan. If it works it is a very good decision but to see it as careful navigation of our situation by the owners is very far fetched.

Birch admitted on numerous occasions in the forum that he doesn’t have much contact with them.

It is also an easily forgotten fact that their mismanagement has got us into such a perilous position in the first place.

What has Morgan got to do with this now? Anyone from the Trust confirm this?

The yanks letting Birch crack on is another positive surely?

Nobody has forgotten anything Ian, some just prefer to look forward with a bit of hope instead of permanent wallowing in misery. Football is meant to be an escape for the working man.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:40 - Jul 13 with 742 viewsNeath_Jack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:35 - Jul 13 by Swanseaman

the main thing is to make sure we are competitive and to stay in this league. if we weaken ourselves too much, selling our best players, things will no doubt implode sooner or later

We’ve always sold our best players, always will no matter what our financial situation has been. I remember the wails from the regular grizzle merchants on here when we sold Trundle et al.

We’ve got to give the club a chance instead of constantly demanding we spend. Some of our best players on the way up cost peanuts.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:55 - Jul 13 with 717 viewsSwanseaman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:40 - Jul 13 by Neath_Jack

We’ve always sold our best players, always will no matter what our financial situation has been. I remember the wails from the regular grizzle merchants on here when we sold Trundle et al.

We’ve got to give the club a chance instead of constantly demanding we spend. Some of our best players on the way up cost peanuts.

There were a few of our players (not all of them), a couple of years prior to us gaining promotion to the premiership, when we declared that they were not for sale.

I might be wrong, but I think i remember jenkins saying something like 'we're not a selling club any more.'

I do remember that Williams was one of our players declared as not for sale.

Obviously If a massive offer has come in then I doubt we could have refused
[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 14:57]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:00 - Jul 13 with 706 viewsNeath_Jack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:55 - Jul 13 by Swanseaman

There were a few of our players (not all of them), a couple of years prior to us gaining promotion to the premiership, when we declared that they were not for sale.

I might be wrong, but I think i remember jenkins saying something like 'we're not a selling club any more.'

I do remember that Williams was one of our players declared as not for sale.

Obviously If a massive offer has come in then I doubt we could have refused
[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 14:57]

I've had this conversation with you several times now.

We, and nearly every other football club in the world is a selling club.

The smaller clubs like us are obviously more prone to selling than the big premier league teams.

Owners and chairmen can say what they want about players not being for sale, the reality is money talks.

Login to get fewer ads

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:01 - Jul 13 with 703 viewsIAN05

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:38 - Jul 13 by Neath_Jack

What has Morgan got to do with this now? Anyone from the Trust confirm this?

The yanks letting Birch crack on is another positive surely?

Nobody has forgotten anything Ian, some just prefer to look forward with a bit of hope instead of permanent wallowing in misery. Football is meant to be an escape for the working man.

I thought Morgan’s involvement was well known ? They have been friends for a while now and apparently recommended him to the owners.

I’m far more positive about our future than I was but that is not because I believe the Americans are somehow steering us out of things but more their lack of involvement is really helping us now
Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:07 - Jul 13 with 697 viewsNeath_Jack

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:01 - Jul 13 by IAN05

I thought Morgan’s involvement was well known ? They have been friends for a while now and apparently recommended him to the owners.

I’m far more positive about our future than I was but that is not because I believe the Americans are somehow steering us out of things but more their lack of involvement is really helping us now

Apparently?

There we go, back to Planet Swans nonsense then.

A bid you a good afternoon sir.

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:09 - Jul 13 with 691 viewsSwanseaman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:00 - Jul 13 by Neath_Jack

I've had this conversation with you several times now.

We, and nearly every other football club in the world is a selling club.

The smaller clubs like us are obviously more prone to selling than the big premier league teams.

Owners and chairmen can say what they want about players not being for sale, the reality is money talks.

you are agreeing with me there: 'Obviously If a massive offer has come in then I doubt we could have refused '

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:17 - Jul 13 with 669 viewsIAN05

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:07 - Jul 13 by Neath_Jack

Apparently?

There we go, back to Planet Swans nonsense then.

A bid you a good afternoon sir.

Well not being privy to the conversation it is always going to be apparently I’m afraid. The people saying it would 100% know and have no reason to lie as it doesn’t really matter who recommended him does it ?
Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:30 - Jul 13 with 654 viewsCooperman

Surely there is now no need to sell on 14:27 - Jul 13 by jack247

We’re always going to be a selling club. What will hopefully change is our ability to invest in the squad.

Selling our star youngster to Man Utd is helping to bridge the gap between income and outgoings.
Assuming we are able to balance the mid term finances sooner rather than later then whilst I don’t expect the sale of talent to cease I do subsequently expect some reinvestment.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:39 - Jul 13 with 641 viewsmonmouth

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:30 - Jul 13 by Cooperman

We’re always going to be a selling club. What will hopefully change is our ability to invest in the squad.

Selling our star youngster to Man Utd is helping to bridge the gap between income and outgoings.
Assuming we are able to balance the mid term finances sooner rather than later then whilst I don’t expect the sale of talent to cease I do subsequently expect some reinvestment.

Building the team is the ONLY thing that will give a return on the hedge fund investment. If theyd wanted break up value no way would we have Birch and Cooper. We would have our own Russell Slade.

Leaving the Trust dispute aside (that Will have some impact on strategy, but is absolutely necessary), I am cautiously optimistic and very much looking forward to the new season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:47 - Jul 13 with 626 viewsjack247

Surely there is now no need to sell on 15:30 - Jul 13 by Cooperman

When that starts happening, comparisons with the Martinez era will become far more valid. They’ve done nothing so far to suggest that’s part of the strategy.
Surely there is now no need to sell on 09:22 - Jul 14 with 544 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this still dragging!?
Birch already confirmed there is no NEED to sell.

The fact that we want Ayews and Baston gone still doesn't take away that we are not in such a bad situation, as some make out on here that we have to sell.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024