Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? 19:31 - Jul 11 with 15632 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anything of interest?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 19:32]

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:45 - Jul 11 with 2498 viewsJonathans_coat

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:35 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

The share percentage appeared to be hugely important for those selling to the current ownership...

Irrespective of the importance of the wider fan base (and I agree with that) the fact that the Trust own 21% of the club should not be so easily dismissed. It is not irrelevant. Being treated as irrelevant is what has caused many of the problems. Every 1% the Trust own should have been as important as every 1% the others owned.

The trusts mistreatment is becoming the real elephant in the room.

How on earth do they hope to improve “fan/community engagement” while the past mistreatment, and current dispute with the fans representatives remains unresolved.

It’s like trying to cure someone’s back pain with a massage, while there’s a knife still sticking in it!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 21:48]
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:49 - Jul 11 with 2464 viewsTailGunner

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:45 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

No, you didn’t give that impression at all.

I was trying to explain why I didn’t like the comment that was made by Birch, if accurately reported of course.

No worries Lisa. Playing devils advocate, I guess he was treading on eggshells with the fan connection question, whatever his answer.
Hopefully everyone will come closer together, but there are obviously massive hurdles in the way.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:49 - Jul 11 with 2463 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:45 - Jul 11 by Jonathans_coat

How on earth do they hope to improve “fan/community engagement” while the past mistreatment, and current dispute with the fans representatives remains unresolved.

It’s like trying to cure someone’s back pain with a massage, while there’s a knife still sticking in it!

Because nothing from the wider fan base shows them they care?
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:51 - Jul 11 with 2446 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:45 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

No, you didn’t give that impression at all.

I was trying to explain why I didn’t like the comment that was made by Birch, if accurately reported of course.

Birch's response, as he is employed by the Hedge Fund, is not a surprise he's not going to be positive about the Trust with the possibility of a court case.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 21:53]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:52 - Jul 11 with 2437 viewsOldjack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:29 - Jul 11 by majorraglan

Working on an average of £400 per season ticket that’s a reduction of £1.2m in revenue, there will also be the knock on from sales on match days. A good start to the season may see interest and sales pick up.

As much as it hurts them many fans have stated that'll they'll not be putting any money into those Yanks pockets ,it's as simple as that

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:52 - Jul 11 with 2432 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:45 - Jul 11 by Jonathans_coat

Most of the fanbase are not arsed about the Trust, which is reflected in the membership numbers.

If they get the 10,000+ non Trust members on board, then they're laughing aint they.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:54 - Jul 11 with 2408 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:52 - Jul 11 by Neath_Jack

Most of the fanbase are not arsed about the Trust, which is reflected in the membership numbers.

If they get the 10,000+ non Trust members on board, then they're laughing aint they.

Sad but true.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:55 - Jul 11 with 2394 viewsTim_Harry

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:35 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

The share percentage appeared to be hugely important for those selling to the current ownership...

Irrespective of the importance of the wider fan base (and I agree with that) the fact that the Trust own 21% of the club should not be so easily dismissed. It is not irrelevant. Being treated as irrelevant is what has caused many of the problems. Every 1% the Trust own should have been as important as every 1% the others owned.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post, ignore me if I am. But the impression I got was that he wasn't so much dismissing the Trust's importance, just stating that the club needs to work better with the fans and local community anyway. Both with and without the Trust.

Certainly didn't come across as though he was understating their importance in any way.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:57 - Jul 11 with 2379 viewsGaryjack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:29 - Jul 11 by Chief

That's pretty shameful and embarrassing. We've basically not grown as a club or gained any fans after all those years in the Prem, winning a trophy or playing in Europe.

Very sad and disappointing.

What the hell did you expect after the way things have gone? Lock out's every game with thousands of fans trying to force the gates open to get in? We are not Newcastle, Villa or Derby. We are us, Bolton or Burnley who incidentally couldn't fill their grounds in the Prem let alone the Championship. Yet most would say they are bigger clubs than us.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:57 - Jul 11 with 2377 viewsexiledclaseboy

We should probably be wary of drawing conclusions about comments relayed via a tweet without context and tone.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:57 - Jul 11 with 2374 viewstrinityann

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:29 - Jul 11 by majorraglan

Working on an average of £400 per season ticket that’s a reduction of £1.2m in revenue, there will also be the knock on from sales on match days. A good start to the season may see interest and sales pick up.

This is the first season in a long while where I feel the kids don't have a hero to put on their shirts. If we are on the road to loans and freebies you can knock another 2k off for season tickets for the following season.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:58 - Jul 11 with 2366 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:57 - Jul 11 by exiledclaseboy

We should probably be wary of drawing conclusions about comments relayed via a tweet without context and tone.

Very true.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:00 - Jul 11 with 2343 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:55 - Jul 11 by Tim_Harry

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post, ignore me if I am. But the impression I got was that he wasn't so much dismissing the Trust's importance, just stating that the club needs to work better with the fans and local community anyway. Both with and without the Trust.

Certainly didn't come across as though he was understating their importance in any way.

I wasn’t there, and already mentioned being unsure whether it was accurately reported or not. ECB has made the same point.

As I said, I agree with working with the wider fan base. I just don’t like the dismissal of the share holding, but that might just be the way it’s come across in the tweet.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:01 - Jul 11 with 2333 viewsJonathans_coat

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:49 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

Another sad legacy from our time in the spotlight perhaps?
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:03 - Jul 11 with 2316 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:01 - Jul 11 by Jonathans_coat

Another sad legacy from our time in the spotlight perhaps?

I’m afraid that many fans would not care about very much at all if only we were to shell out £10m on a centre forward. Such is life.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:06 - Jul 11 with 2285 viewsbuilthjack

There seems to be quite a few trust committee people missing

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:07 - Jul 11 with 2268 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:06 - Jul 11 by builthjack

There seems to be quite a few trust committee people missing

Missing from where?

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:14 - Jul 11 with 2193 viewsJonathans_coat

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:03 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

I’m afraid that many fans would not care about very much at all if only we were to shell out £10m on a centre forward. Such is life.

Sometimes I really do miss the days when we struggling towards the bottom of the third division.

Not saying I want us to be back there at all, far from it! But in all that we have gained, something has been lost from those days.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:14 - Jul 11 with 2188 viewsLandore_Jack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:49 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

It makes you wonder why the Supporters Trust aren't backed with greater membership since they are the voice of the fans. Maybe many fans have lost faith in the Trust?

#backtojack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:18 - Jul 11 with 2158 viewsGaryjack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:07 - Jul 11 by exiledclaseboy

Missing from where?

In fairness, i think it would have been a good idea for the Trust to have been actively represented tonight. If they weren't, that's a bad call imo.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:20 - Jul 11 with 2148 viewsOldjack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:14 - Jul 11 by Landore_Jack

It makes you wonder why the Supporters Trust aren't backed with greater membership since they are the voice of the fans. Maybe many fans have lost faith in the Trust?

The Trust has let the fans down by not going to war when the sell-outs sold out without informing them .Phil stated at the time it was an illegal move by the sellouts and the trust had a document proving this ,...…………. WHAT HAPPENED, nothing that's what happened

very sad

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:23 - Jul 11 with 2112 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:18 - Jul 11 by Garyjack

In fairness, i think it would have been a good idea for the Trust to have been actively represented tonight. If they weren't, that's a bad call imo.

I’m fairly sure some of the board were there in a personal capacity.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:23 - Jul 11 with 2110 viewsbuilthjack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:07 - Jul 11 by exiledclaseboy

Missing from where?

Tonight

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:23 - Jul 11 with 2108 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:23 - Jul 11 by builthjack

Tonight

See above reply to Gary.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:29 - Jul 11 with 2063 viewsBadlands

Meant to go - forgot it was Thursday

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024