Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? 19:31 - Jul 11 with 15508 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anything of interest?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 19:32]

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:31 - Jul 11 with 2630 viewsBadlands

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:45 - Jul 11 by Jonathans_coat

The trusts mistreatment is becoming the real elephant in the room.

How on earth do they hope to improve “fan/community engagement” while the past mistreatment, and current dispute with the fans representatives remains unresolved.

It’s like trying to cure someone’s back pain with a massage, while there’s a knife still sticking in it!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 21:48]

The Trust is not the fan's representatives IMO.
The Trust is a consortium of fans with share ownership.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:33 - Jul 11 with 2607 viewsChief

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:57 - Jul 11 by Garyjack

What the hell did you expect after the way things have gone? Lock out's every game with thousands of fans trying to force the gates open to get in? We are not Newcastle, Villa or Derby. We are us, Bolton or Burnley who incidentally couldn't fill their grounds in the Prem let alone the Championship. Yet most would say they are bigger clubs than us.

I had expected and hoped to have picked up a few fans along the journey that would stick supporting the team and attending matches in the event of relegation. 20k isn't a big stadium or a big ask, nor should be 15k season ticket holders, but we can't even reach that.

Yea some people are genuinely protesting against the yanks, others using it as an excuse. Bet those won't mind putting money into the yanks pockets when the Cardiff game comes around though.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:39 - Jul 11 with 2565 viewsmajorraglan

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:33 - Jul 11 by Chief

I had expected and hoped to have picked up a few fans along the journey that would stick supporting the team and attending matches in the event of relegation. 20k isn't a big stadium or a big ask, nor should be 15k season ticket holders, but we can't even reach that.

Yea some people are genuinely protesting against the yanks, others using it as an excuse. Bet those won't mind putting money into the yanks pockets when the Cardiff game comes around though.

I think the floating fans have probably read all about the off field issues, seen Dan James and a few others leaving and have decided they won’t bother going to watch another season of struggles and are going to keep their money in their wallets. Some good football, a competitive winning team may see fans flocking back, Lets hope.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:43 - Jul 11 with 2538 viewsChief

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:39 - Jul 11 by majorraglan

I think the floating fans have probably read all about the off field issues, seen Dan James and a few others leaving and have decided they won’t bother going to watch another season of struggles and are going to keep their money in their wallets. Some good football, a competitive winning team may see fans flocking back, Lets hope.

Yea well the point is after playing at the highest level for all those years, winning a cup and playing in Europe you'd have hoped the floating fans would have been converted to hardcore and the numbers of floating fans would have increased too.

Sadly South Wales is irreversibly infested by the glory hunter armchair fan of the big English clubs.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:45 - Jul 11 with 2519 viewsBadlands

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:41 - Jul 11 by TailGunner

I didn't dismiss and sorry if I have given that impression.
It's massively important to have that share.

But they will know the majority are not interested in the trust and need them onside and buying into this new era also.

Let's be perfectly straight here - if the club was reliant on the Trust to move forward and get initiatives undertaken with the wider community we'd be totally screwed.
It appears from the outside (although I used to be a member) that the Trust has no agenda other than self preservation.
What Birch and Pearlman (and others) are trying to achieve is a better run club which engages with the wider fan base not for any shareholder benefit but for the good of the club.
As they have said, dropping down a division has been painful but it has also opened the doors for much needed development - probably the most important being the ability to refresh the family stand and attract more young fans for the future.
One way or another the Trust needs to sort itself out.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:48 - Jul 11 with 2498 viewsSwanseajill

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:45 - Jul 11 by Jonathans_coat

The trusts mistreatment is becoming the real elephant in the room.

How on earth do they hope to improve “fan/community engagement” while the past mistreatment, and current dispute with the fans representatives remains unresolved.

It’s like trying to cure someone’s back pain with a massage, while there’s a knife still sticking in it!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 21:48]

Indeed, fans community should work both ways. That would be the fan base and the clubs board of directors.

Unfortunately, after the treatment doled out by the sellers to the Trust members, there isn't a carpet big enough to brush this dirt under.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 22:53]
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:49 - Jul 11 with 2488 viewsIAN05

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:23 - Jul 11 by exiledclaseboy

I’m fairly sure some of the board were there in a personal capacity.

Stu MAC was there and very visible and engaging. I don’t know too many board members now but Viv was there as was Nigel Hamer
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:49 - Jul 11 with 2482 viewsGaryjack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:33 - Jul 11 by Chief

It's no different a situation to any club our size, i'm sure there are very few 'protesting against the Yanks'. 12,000 season tickets is more than i thought we'd get tbh, and of course people will buy tickets for the Cardiff game! Just like they always have done in the past, it's not rocket science, it'll be our biggest game of the season, as will the return fixture at their's!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:53 - Jul 11 with 2462 viewsIAN05

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:31 - Jul 11 by Badlands

The Trust is not the fan's representatives IMO.
The Trust is a consortium of fans with share ownership.

I have to say that if I was judging on tonight and the conversations after the event, then the Trust is seen as more than that by Birch and Pearlman.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:55 - Jul 11 with 2443 viewsChief

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:49 - Jul 11 by Garyjack

It's no different a situation to any club our size, i'm sure there are very few 'protesting against the Yanks'. 12,000 season tickets is more than i thought we'd get tbh, and of course people will buy tickets for the Cardiff game! Just like they always have done in the past, it's not rocket science, it'll be our biggest game of the season, as will the return fixture at their's!

Yea it would be relatively normal but we've just been through the most successful period in the clubs history. If we weren't able to grow following that we never will.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:57 - Jul 11 with 2431 viewsmarchamjack

Long term Trust and ST holder

We have grown the fan base over the PL years. Fact. If you don’t think so you are a relative recent fan (last 10 years or so).

12k ST holders. That is good for us given where we are now and what we’ve been through recently. We are a medium (at best) Championship club.

Expanding the stadium to fill it for maybe half dozen or so games a season in the PL was always a pipe dream to me.

Love the Swans, but just a realist. We have a ceiling. We pretty much hit it in the PL.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:58 - Jul 11 with 2428 viewsBadlands

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:53 - Jul 11 by IAN05

I have to say that if I was judging on tonight and the conversations after the event, then the Trust is seen as more than that by Birch and Pearlman.

Cheers.
I think they are trying very hard to involve everyone for the good of the club which is why I get cheesed off when they are attacked for doing their jobs.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 23:00]

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:59 - Jul 11 with 2422 viewsIAN05

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:55 - Jul 11 by Chief

Yea it would be relatively normal but we've just been through the most successful period in the clubs history. If we weren't able to grow following that we never will.

Our circumstances are challenging though. The club has gained new following but has lost a disable number of its old core due to what has happened in recent years.

Birch, Cooper and even Kev Johns spoke of the number of people not renewing and spending money due to ownership situation.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 01:43 - Jul 12 with 2184 viewshuwrichards57

Sounds pretty positive. I really do hope Birch is right that we can now flex our muscles again when/if someone comes calling for one of the crown jewels. All of their contracts are pretty solid too, so that cannot be used as an excuse either; Connor, Joe, Byers, Grimes, Celina all 2022. And Oli is de facto 2022 because the club have the option to extend his deal by an extra year.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 04:53 - Jul 12 with 2117 viewsSwanseaman

I believe that losing Dan James had a detrimental effect on season ticket sales, not just because he has gone, but also because he hasn't been replaced.

We really need to be getting a pacy player in that can replace him, can create and score a few goals. It's always been the case that when a new exciting player is brought in, there will be an increase in fans turning up. At the moment it's the opposite, we've lost a really good player, and many will not be turning up.

If there will be any more money coming in through offloading players, bringing in a pacy player with lots of potential, would not only benefit us with promotion intentions, it could also attract extra supports, to make more money for the club.

If Birch is correct that it will only be loaned players or on a free, I think the club could be missing out on potential players that could be a very good replacement for Dan James.

If a player from league one came to the championship and is successful in stepping up, they would then increase in future value. I think it makes sense that they also look into this. If a player can become worth more, make the club extra money, and if they can also attract more supporters to the games, it could be a game changer.

Jamal Lowe and Jordy Hiwula both have the above potential, if we can offload some more of our high wage earners, and look into bringing in a player like these, this is what' we need. But if we offload, make some more extra money, and there is still no money made available to Cooper, the magicdaps10 will be shown to be correct - Birch is here to sell only, the players and the club. If we have any realistic promotion challenge aspirations, some of the money from player sales would be made available to Cooper, no doubt about that.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 04:59 - Jul 12 with 2112 viewsscanca

It was a good event. Cooper and Birch were both open, honest and engaging. There was an excellent rapport with the audience. Neither made a prepared speech. It was all q & a throughout. The fans there were positive and supportive.

For me the main points from the meeting were:

They don’t need to sell any more current young first team players for financial reasons - even if don’t offload borja & ayew. Dan’s sale was enough. However if very high end offer came in for anyone then they would sell.

There is no structural debt problem, just overheads/running costs, which is why they need to offload high ‘legacy’ wages. But even if they are not offloaded, the situation can be managed as is.

There were 80-90 manager applicants. Cooper from first conversations was the outstanding candidate.

Cooper this year wants young players to become real leaders on the pitch.

Both see the U16s; U18s and U23s and the academy as key for the future.

Cooper said he saw no reason why this season there could not be a push for promotion but they were not setting unealistic targets.

Trevor Birch the CEO has been given complete autonomy by the American owners to run the club.

Both Cooper and Birch said they see this club as tremendous development opportunity (rather than just being here to do a rescue job said Birch).

They are nearly ready to name the new head of recruitment.

Birch was thanked for the quality of his communications to date. He was also thanked for keeping Routledge. Birch and Cooper obviously rate Routledge for his playing and personal characteristics. Apparently his contributions off the pitch have been outstanding, as well as on.

They thought Routs, Dyer and Naughton had each been good older leaders for the younger players.

Cooper has not yet decided on his captain. He suggested he might want a younger player to assume the responsibility but is still considering the issue. The way they praised Routledge i wonder if they’ll make him club captain, though they didn’t say so.

They do as much due diligence of a person’s character as his footballing skill. They have a very good positive dressing room and don’t want to lose it. They are aware that the big names could disturb this if they are not offloaded and were reintroduced to the squad. They hope to avoid this happening by getting rid, but will see how events unfold...
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 06:22 - Jul 12 with 2017 viewsmonmouth

Scanca

Thank you. Nice work.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 06:45 - Jul 12 with 1974 viewsFireboy2

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 06:22 - Jul 12 by monmouth

Scanca

Thank you. Nice work.

Seconded👍
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 06:49 - Jul 12 with 1964 viewsChief

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:57 - Jul 11 by marchamjack

Long term Trust and ST holder

We have grown the fan base over the PL years. Fact. If you don’t think so you are a relative recent fan (last 10 years or so).

12k ST holders. That is good for us given where we are now and what we’ve been through recently. We are a medium (at best) Championship club.

Expanding the stadium to fill it for maybe half dozen or so games a season in the PL was always a pipe dream to me.

Love the Swans, but just a realist. We have a ceiling. We pretty much hit it in the PL.

Have we grown it though? Yes there's more kids walking around in Swans kits these days but this doesn't seem to have translated into ticket sales once we reach a bit of adversity. And yes your 3rd paragraph sums it up well, sadly I hoped for more following the recent unprecedented success. Maybe expanding the stadium was the way forward. It would have allowed the hardcore to remain with their St's and allowed walk ups and kids and family's to sit together, so would have accommodated the floating fans too. That didn't happen and I'm sure plenty of kids in the area missed out from seeing the Swans and getting hooked.

And I'm a relatively long term trust and ST myself.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 06:53 - Jul 12 with 1959 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 06:49 - Jul 12 by Chief

Have we grown it though? Yes there's more kids walking around in Swans kits these days but this doesn't seem to have translated into ticket sales once we reach a bit of adversity. And yes your 3rd paragraph sums it up well, sadly I hoped for more following the recent unprecedented success. Maybe expanding the stadium was the way forward. It would have allowed the hardcore to remain with their St's and allowed walk ups and kids and family's to sit together, so would have accommodated the floating fans too. That didn't happen and I'm sure plenty of kids in the area missed out from seeing the Swans and getting hooked.

And I'm a relatively long term trust and ST myself.

The lack of expansion was a massive, massive missed opportunity. It basically stagnated the fanbase and gave us no room to grow beyond the kind of fan who will happily buy a ST for a Premier League team but vanishes afterwards.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:12 - Jul 12 with 1907 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 06:53 - Jul 12 by Dr_Winston

The lack of expansion was a massive, massive missed opportunity. It basically stagnated the fanbase and gave us no room to grow beyond the kind of fan who will happily buy a ST for a Premier League team but vanishes afterwards.

Excellently put, I couldn’t agree more. Not everyone can buy season tickets, the average earnings in this region must be very low by uk standards. The walk up factor is massive, when three or four mates decide to go on the spur of the moment or just pick their games. If we manage to get promoted again and stay up a season or two more whilst keeping a reasonable rein on costs the long awaited expansion could become a reality. Then we’ll have a much better barometer of just how much the club has grown its fan base. Let’s not forget we took well over 40k to Wembley for the play off final.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:24 - Jul 12 with 1861 viewsjack247

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:12 - Jul 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Excellently put, I couldn’t agree more. Not everyone can buy season tickets, the average earnings in this region must be very low by uk standards. The walk up factor is massive, when three or four mates decide to go on the spur of the moment or just pick their games. If we manage to get promoted again and stay up a season or two more whilst keeping a reasonable rein on costs the long awaited expansion could become a reality. Then we’ll have a much better barometer of just how much the club has grown its fan base. Let’s not forget we took well over 40k to Wembley for the play off final.

This season will be a barometer. 12k season tickets, let’s see how many walk up/pay game by game supporters we get.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:31 - Jul 12 with 1837 viewsowainglyndwr

I think that we gained 1000s of extra fans on the way after some great achievements
Players and managers that came to the club
Play off final
Cup final.
The down side is some people took the Premiership for granted, local people supporting your Pools and UTD type team.
Greed
For the size of the City and catchment area we should be having great crowds.... look at Burnley/ Preston per population and Cities of similar size Norwich etc
I cannot ever see us reaching the premiership again in fact at this moment in time and over the next few years I would not be surprised to see us in league 1 or 2.
So why would someone want to start following us.

I hope to be proven wrong
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 7:34]
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:35 - Jul 12 with 1823 viewsmonmouth

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:24 - Jul 12 by jack247

This season will be a barometer. 12k season tickets, let’s see how many walk up/pay game by game supporters we get.

Not sure about that. The idea is that you hook the kids in the PL, away from the glory clubs, and retain them for life, otherwise we probably will max out at around 15K. Leeds home might be an indicator. No big clubs dropped from the PL this year, though we will no doubt sell out Cardiff.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:48 - Jul 12 with 1773 viewsChief

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:35 - Jul 12 by monmouth

Not sure about that. The idea is that you hook the kids in the PL, away from the glory clubs, and retain them for life, otherwise we probably will max out at around 15K. Leeds home might be an indicator. No big clubs dropped from the PL this year, though we will no doubt sell out Cardiff.

I can't see how Leeds could be an indicator really, the liberty was full against them in league 1.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024