Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? 19:31 - Jul 11 with 15506 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anything of interest?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 19:32]

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:56 - Jul 12 with 2529 viewsmonmouth

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:48 - Jul 12 by Chief

I can't see how Leeds could be an indicator really, the liberty was full against them in league 1.

That's why they are the indicator, and why we should have expanded. We can fill the ground with walk ups. What I'm saying is that whether we do it against Wigan or Reading isn't a test of whether we should expand in the PL

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:56 - Jul 12 with 2529 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:24 - Jul 12 by jack247

This season will be a barometer. 12k season tickets, let’s see how many walk up/pay game by game supporters we get.

That'll depend on how we are doing, playing well and getting results will see loads turn up. Go on a losing streak and even some of those season ticket holders will stay away.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 08:09 - Jul 12 with 2507 viewsChief

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:56 - Jul 12 by monmouth

That's why they are the indicator, and why we should have expanded. We can fill the ground with walk ups. What I'm saying is that whether we do it against Wigan or Reading isn't a test of whether we should expand in the PL

Oh get you what you mean now.

I agree that we should have expanded too but the test how much we've grown as a club should tested in the games that aren't glamour ties against Leeds or the Scumm.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 08:30 - Jul 12 with 2449 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This season will be a barometer. 12k season tickets, let’s see how many walk up/pay game by game supporters we get.

You missed the point. We are where we are. What I was saying as well as Dr Winston is that when the stadium is expanded and groups of friends can sit together instead of being sat apart from each other our average attendance I’m sure will be larger. We haven’t been relegated to the conference (or whatever it’s called now) , we still have big big clubs coming down from time to time to play us. And lets not forget big cup games etc etc as well as our local derby this season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 08:42 - Jul 12 with 2412 viewsvetchonian

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:33 - Jul 11 by Chief

I had expected and hoped to have picked up a few fans along the journey that would stick supporting the team and attending matches in the event of relegation. 20k isn't a big stadium or a big ask, nor should be 15k season ticket holders, but we can't even reach that.

Yea some people are genuinely protesting against the yanks, others using it as an excuse. Bet those won't mind putting money into the yanks pockets when the Cardiff game comes around though.

Or if we draw Man U Man City Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal in the FA or leaguecup!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 08:43 - Jul 12 with 2408 viewsLord_Bony

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:56 - Jul 12 by Neath_Jack

That'll depend on how we are doing, playing well and getting results will see loads turn up. Go on a losing streak and even some of those season ticket holders will stay away.

Was ever thus.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 09:12 - Jul 12 with 2319 viewsLuther27

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:33 - Jul 11 by Chief

I had expected and hoped to have picked up a few fans along the journey that would stick supporting the team and attending matches in the event of relegation. 20k isn't a big stadium or a big ask, nor should be 15k season ticket holders, but we can't even reach that.

Yea some people are genuinely protesting against the yanks, others using it as an excuse. Bet those won't mind putting money into the yanks pockets when the Cardiff game comes around though.

Like the Brentford and Man City FA cup ties? Never! lol
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 09:39 - Jul 12 with 2251 viewsLuther27

Was anything mentioned about VDH contract?
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 10:15 - Jul 12 with 2155 viewsblackpooljack

On the subject of club captain did anyone else notice that Routledge was capt on Saturday even when VDH was on the pitch.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 10:53 - Jul 12 with 2090 viewsUxbridge

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:31 - Jul 11 by Badlands

The Trust is not the fan's representatives IMO.
The Trust is a consortium of fans with share ownership.

Balls. But then we know why you think that eh.

It'll get messier from here no doubt as people try to marginalise the role of the Trust, knowing full well that the strength of the Trust in being able to be that fans rep is intrinsically related to its shareholding. I hope Birch doesn't fall into that trap, or isn't told to. We'll see. Not to say the Trust has to be the only game in town in terms of fans reps of course, but they are both shareholders and representatives. How long, or even if, they remain shareholders will very much depend on the legal side though of course.

Anyway, unfortunately family commitments meant I couldn't make last night but I've met TB before and he's a very plausible chap who talks a good game and I think we've seen a distinct improvement in the way the club has been run under his administration, not least communication with the fans. It seems the Trust's consistent calls for change over the last couple of years in who runs the club were well made. A shame it didn't happen earlier.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 11:16 - Jul 12 with 2041 viewsjack247

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 08:30 - Jul 12 by Brynmill_Jack

You missed the point. We are where we are. What I was saying as well as Dr Winston is that when the stadium is expanded and groups of friends can sit together instead of being sat apart from each other our average attendance I’m sure will be larger. We haven’t been relegated to the conference (or whatever it’s called now) , we still have big big clubs coming down from time to time to play us. And lets not forget big cup games etc etc as well as our local derby this season.

It’s not practical to extend a stadium so people can pick and choose where they sit whilst surrounded by swathes of empty seats.

If we don’t get off to a good start, people will more or less be able to do that this season.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 11:39 - Jul 12 with 1994 viewsNookiejack

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 21:18 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

“Question on fan engagement. Birch asked how can he bring club back in line with local community? Birch says he wants to do that on wider basis, not just with trust. For him it’s all about the club rather than share percentages.”

Hmmm.

Sounded like Birch himself wanted some equity himself as part of his package when he took on the role.

If that was true then percentages were certainly important to him personally.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 12:00 - Jul 12 with 1942 viewsSgorioFruit

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:56 - Jul 12 by Neath_Jack

it will also depend on if we are playing Nordvelt in goals

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 12:56 - Jul 12 with 1816 viewsDevz00

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 06:49 - Jul 12 by Chief

Have we grown it though? Yes there's more kids walking around in Swans kits these days but this doesn't seem to have translated into ticket sales once we reach a bit of adversity. And yes your 3rd paragraph sums it up well, sadly I hoped for more following the recent unprecedented success. Maybe expanding the stadium was the way forward. It would have allowed the hardcore to remain with their St's and allowed walk ups and kids and family's to sit together, so would have accommodated the floating fans too. That didn't happen and I'm sure plenty of kids in the area missed out from seeing the Swans and getting hooked.

And I'm a relatively long term trust and ST myself.

Totally agree regarding the expansion. We missed a huge trick in not expanding the stadium. The first few seasons in the Prem were when we had the biggest buzz around the club, we started to see Swans shirts everywhere. You couldn't get a ticket to most matches. It was vital that we expanded in terms of gaining future hardcore support.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 13:09 - Jul 12 with 1791 viewsNotLoyal

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 22:58 - Jul 11 by Badlands

Cheers.
I think they are trying very hard to involve everyone for the good of the club which is why I get cheesed off when they are attacked for doing their jobs.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 23:00]

Being paid a million quid a year between them in a city with an average wage of 16k a year they deserve more scrutiny than Mr Nice's Ahole in customs.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 13:12 - Jul 12 with 1783 viewsNotLoyal

16-18k intially, sell out if it flys.

OK I've changed it.

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 16:05 - Jul 12 with 1620 viewsjack247

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 07:35 - Jul 12 by monmouth

Not sure about that. The idea is that you hook the kids in the PL, away from the glory clubs, and retain them for life, otherwise we probably will max out at around 15K. Leeds home might be an indicator. No big clubs dropped from the PL this year, though we will no doubt sell out Cardiff.

That’s the idea, but in practice football fans are fickle, including kids.

I started going early nineties, a decade or so after our most successful period ever (at the time). Average crowd was 3-4,000. Not many kids who got hooked in the early eighties we’re still hooked 10 years later.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 16:08 - Jul 12 with 1613 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 12:56 - Jul 12 by Devz00

Totally agree regarding the expansion. We missed a huge trick in not expanding the stadium. The first few seasons in the Prem were when we had the biggest buzz around the club, we started to see Swans shirts everywhere. You couldn't get a ticket to most matches. It was vital that we expanded in terms of gaining future hardcore support.

That was the time to instil the habit of going to matches in the youngsters, a habit that would stay for the rest of their lives for many if not all.

Instead we created a habit of watching from afar and following the team online and on tv.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 18:19 - Jul 12 with 1465 viewsSgorioFruit

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 16:08 - Jul 12 by londonlisa2001

That was the time to instil the habit of going to matches in the youngsters, a habit that would stay for the rest of their lives for many if not all.

Instead we created a habit of watching from afar and following the team online and on tv.

yep Swansea City at its best. Not thinking nor planning ahead.
Always a shambles.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 18:23 - Jul 12 with 1455 viewsNortbankboy

Spot on,should of increased capacity by 5k on the east.
To let more fans in.
Ffans could not get tickets they watched games online or in pubs instead..But

As for only selling 12k season tickets.,all clubs got glory hunting fans.
The excuse of not putting money in the American s pocket is a load of balloxs.
Support the club and not the owners.
Create a positive atmosphere around the club,instead of this negative crap.
We might get somewhere then
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 18:59 - Jul 12 with 1428 viewsSwanseaman

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 18:23 - Jul 12 by Nortbankboy

To let more fans in.

if the team plays and does well more supporters will turn up.

The difference with the premiership is that people still turn up to see the top teams come here even if we aren't playing well.

Selling d james will probably have some fans undecided, how well Cooper will do is still unknown, so only time will tell.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 19:18 - Jul 12 with 1396 viewsjack247

To let more fans in.

Yes, the ‘boycotting because of the Yanks’ thing is a load of bollocks. What’s actually happened is people have decided they don’t fancy it anymore. Save a bit of face by saying you don’t go to games because of the owners.
Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 20:09 - Jul 12 with 1347 viewsSwanseaman

good video here:

https://www.swanseacity.com/swanstv

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 20:23 - Jul 12 with 1318 viewsBadlands

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 19:18 - Jul 12 by jack247

Yes, the ‘boycotting because of the Yanks’ thing is a load of bollocks. What’s actually happened is people have decided they don’t fancy it anymore. Save a bit of face by saying you don’t go to games because of the owners.

Someone I sit near and chat with out of the games had been banging on about not renewing his season ticket and a protest against the Yanks.
Whatever.
But I bumped into his wife and kids this morning and commented to the wife that it would be a shame not to meet up with her husband at home games.
She said he would mss the Swans but the job offer near Carlisle was too good to pass up!!!!!!
LMAO.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Anyone at the club’s fans’ forum tonight? on 20:40 - Jul 12 with 1295 viewsNotLoyal

To let more fans in.

You've popped up from nowhere, hello 🤝

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024