Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Voting forms have arrived then 10:24 - Jul 12 with 16671 viewsDarran

👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Voting forms have arrived then on 20:06 - Jul 16 with 1674 viewsWingstandwood

Voting forms have arrived then on 19:26 - Jul 16 by barry_island

Expect the PR machine to kick in any day now,

how the Trust is putting the club at risk blah,
how we were just about to offer them a figure, say £7m blah blah blah
How were about to sign someone big but they wouldn't come here due to the threat of a toxic court case blah blah blah blah.

I hope no consideration is given to any offer that might appear before the vote closes. If it does I think it's RIP TRUST.

OPTION 1 PLEASE.

Aye, it'll be a case of what a bunch of complete and utter b@stards are the ones that have (in many cases) put non-returnable tens of thousands of pounds of their own money into the club over the years and financed its success. Matchday tickets and season tickets etc were not free.

And....What a complete and utter bunch of b@stards are the ones that made so much of an effort when supporting the team away with magnificent support. Away support that aided and abetted the clubs promotion campaigns.

And.....What a complete and utter bunch of b@stards are the ones that donated to SCST, the Britton fund, the Robbie James bust, the Ivor Allchurch statue, the (storage unit) training facility, Pennocks treatment table/bench etc, etc, etc. Whilst? Others far wealthier gave zero non-returnable money and took till the cows came home!

Do not forget your contribution and importance Swansea City Supporters Trust and supporters, you were and still are THE major contributors, the driving force whilst Jenkins, the Yanks and Co were and still are no Blackburn Rovers Jack Walker-esque philanthropists.

Argus!

Voting forms have arrived then on 20:08 - Jul 16 with 1669 viewswaynekerr55

The usual suspects haven't started posting yet. I wonder how long before they return

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Voting forms have arrived then on 21:58 - Jul 16 with 1602 views34dfgdf54

Voting forms have arrived then on 17:38 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

As Phil says, while we have shares we are entitled to dividends, if any, on those shares.

Dividends can be paid from retained profit (cumulative profit built up over time). At the end of July 2018 (the last publicly available accounts) that retained profit was c. £16.7m. So dividends can be paid as long as they don’t exceed this figure. If the club makes a loss this year, that figure will reduce. Dividends paid in excess of retained profit are illegal.

Dividends are declared by the board of directors who have absolute discretion over when and how much (providing it is not illegal). That right is contained in the articles of association of the club. So we can’t prevent it happening now (as the Trust Director could just be outvoted).

It would be hugely risky for the club to pay a dividend unless it begins to see profits again, as year on year, the accumulated profit is likely to decrease. Also, dividends will be paid in cash and with cash flow tight, that would be difficult to justify.

To be honest, if the club get promoted and start paying dividends again, the Trust would quite possibly be diluted anyway by the majority owners simply issuing shares.

Thanks Lisa/Phil/Ux
Voting forms have arrived then on 22:20 - Jul 16 with 1575 viewsheadcleaner

I showed the documents to a judge and asked on the information outlined in the pages would they vote for legal action and they said yes. that was good enough for me.

As for the clubs PR machine. I question how good that really is. Swansea is a small place not a massive amount of interest in the wider football world and I'd imagine if supporters of other clubs would ask the question why? not many real fans would fall for what any club would say over their trust. Maybe the trust needs to lube up the Evening Post first - I would imagine they will only print what they want and it would be good to see what side they are on.

I know it can be a long-drawn-out process and one that might see the sellouts try and draw it out to try and bleed the trust funds dry in a war of who blinks first but I'd love to see the scumbags have to go to court or see how they'd try and worm their way out of ignoring it all. interesting times ahead. Cmon the Trust stand tall and proud and lets hope that the right decision finally get made. #STID
Voting forms have arrived then on 07:54 - Jul 17 with 1500 viewsNeath_Jack

Voting forms have arrived then on 20:08 - Jul 16 by waynekerr55

The usual suspects haven't started posting yet. I wonder how long before they return

Who are the usual suspects butt?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Voting forms have arrived then on 09:28 - Jul 17 with 1459 viewsmonmouth

My view is very basic on this one. An aggressive anti-Trust PR campaign should simply harden the Trust’s resolve even further. Close your ears, pin them back, and get them in a courtroom toot sweet. Then the truth of the matter will soon become evident and irrefutable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Voting forms have arrived then on 09:39 - Jul 17 with 1455 viewsJack_y_Jwc

what's the deadline to send the forms back? I won't be back home until Monday

Voting forms have arrived then on 09:40 - Jul 17 with 1454 viewsDarran

Voting forms have arrived then on 07:54 - Jul 17 by Neath_Jack

Who are the usual suspects butt?

Good question.

Login to get fewer ads

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:53 - Jul 17 with 1399 viewsNeath_Jack

Voting forms have arrived then on 09:40 - Jul 17 by Darran

Good question.

Well Blainey reckons you're smashing Dineen's back doors in these days, so I wonder if wayne is referring to you

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:54 - Jul 17 with 1396 viewswaynekerr55

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:53 - Jul 17 by Neath_Jack

Well Blainey reckons you're smashing Dineen's back doors in these days, so I wonder if wayne is referring to you

Swanseacityx
Xmastree
Dougie

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:56 - Jul 17 with 1394 viewsNeath_Jack

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:54 - Jul 17 by waynekerr55

Swanseacityx
Xmastree
Dougie

When did they last post on here then?

Voting forms have arrived then on 13:51 - Jul 17 with 1363 viewswaynekerr55

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:56 - Jul 17 by Neath_Jack

When did they last post on here then?

Two of the three regular during the 2017 pre 'deal'

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:06 - Jul 17 with 1336 viewsDarran

Voting forms have arrived then on 13:51 - Jul 17 by waynekerr55

Two of the three regular during the 2017 pre 'deal'

Voting forms have arrived then on 10:37 - Jul 19 with 1159 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Thanks to those who prepared the papers. We have heard nothing from the yanks for ages, if the Trust go legal the yanks will drop the sell-outs in it. If the yanks can find a buyer for the club that would be a good outcome for everyone.

In the meantime, the have silent owners and an approach of cut costs and promote younger players, the approach is prudent but the intent of the owners is unclear as they won't talk to us.

So we gamble and force the issue.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 10:38]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:38 - Jul 19 with 1116 viewsNookiejack

Voting forms have arrived then on 19:48 - Jul 16 by Darran

I basically said that on Twitter this morning.

They’ve put no money in so far,they’ve got no intention of putting money in but you can fully expect them to say in the future that they’ve been stopped from putting money in because of legal action.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 20:02]

Yes but do remember that if they did put money in the Trust would likely be diluted away.

I don’t see how the current status quo can continue.

Because if people vote for option 2 (in effect to not rock the boat and maintain the Trust’s 21% stake). - then as soon as the Yanks invest in the future - which people keep asking the Yanks to do then the Trust will be diluted away anyway.

If the Trust’s strategy is to increase its stake in the club then best option appears to be sell the shares for £21m+, bank the money for a rainy day, then rebuy in at a later date and pick up a larger stake (hopefully a controlling stake)

I don’t see how the Trust can ever increase its stake in the future under Option 2.
Voting forms have arrived then on 12:55 - Jul 19 with 1103 viewslonglostjack

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:38 - Jul 19 by Nookiejack

Yes but do remember that if they did put money in the Trust would likely be diluted away.

Because if people vote for option 2 (in effect to not rock the boat and maintain the Trust’s 21% stake). - then as soon as the Yanks invest in the future - which people keep asking the Yanks to do then the Trust will be diluted away anyway.

If the Trust’s strategy is to increase its stake in the club then best option appears to be sell the shares for £21m+, bank the money for a rainy day, then rebuy in at a later date and pick up a larger stake (hopefully a controlling stake)

I don’t see how the Trust can ever increase its stake in the future under Option 2.

Exactly.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Voting forms have arrived then on 13:24 - Jul 19 with 1069 viewsLibertarian

When is the result of the vote likely to be announced?
Voting forms have arrived then on 14:19 - Jul 19 with 1018 viewsDarran

Voting forms have arrived then on 12:38 - Jul 19 by Nookiejack

I do.

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:25 - Jul 19 with 953 viewslonglostjack

Voting forms have arrived then on 14:19 - Jul 19 by Darran

I do.

How?

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:35 - Jul 19 with 937 viewsDarran

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:25 - Jul 19 by longlostjack

How?

I was replying to the first sentence mun.

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:38 - Jul 19 with 931 viewsunion_jack

Voting forms have arrived then on 13:24 - Jul 19 by Libertarian

When is the result of the vote likely to be announced?

Good question.

Anyone?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:45 - Jul 19 with 915 viewslonglostjack

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:35 - Jul 19 by Darran

I was replying to the first sentence mun.

👍 Hook line and sinker.

Voting forms have arrived then on 19:12 - Jul 19 with 888 viewsexiledclaseboy

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:38 - Jul 19 by union_jack

Good question.

Anyone?

Closing date is 27 July so not long after that I’d imagine.

Poll: Tory leader

Voting forms have arrived then on 19:13 - Jul 19 with 885 viewsplasjack

Voting forms have arrived then on 18:38 - Jul 19 by union_jack

Good question.

Anyone?

I think 27 July was the closing date for receiving voting papers, whether the result will follow soon after or at a later date chosen by the legal team.
Voting forms have arrived then on 19:19 - Jul 19 with 869 viewsGaryjack

Voting forms have arrived then on 19:12 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Closing date is 27 July so not long after that I’d imagine.

Can't the Trust stream the count live on their website and have Huw and the Yanks on stage for the result? We could even invite Screaming Lord Sutch just to add more effect to the proceedings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024