Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France 15:25 - Jul 12 with 15806 viewsPegojack

No thread yet, boys and girls?

I thought Geraint looked very strong yesterday on the first proper mountain stage. The rest of Ineos looked a bit flakey, though, could be an issue later on.

Coverage on ITV4 is good as always, and the French tv live shots, high up over the scenery and down and dirty on the road, is as compulsive as usual.
Tour de France on 13:51 - Jul 23 with 1865 viewsbluey_the_blue

Yeah, it was a sloppy mistake to make really. Cutting too much of the corner on a flattish area?
Tour de France on 16:00 - Jul 23 with 1802 viewsbluey_the_blue

Fuglsang down now - and out of tour.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 16:01]
Tour de France on 17:11 - Jul 23 with 1766 viewsSwanseaman

-
it's a close one this year, a few of them are capable of getting the win

-
my prediction:

Pinot is the strongest on the mountains this year, he has said he knows the last two mountain stages really well, and that he loves riding them. considering he lost 1:40 when he missed the headwind break on stage 10, he would be only 10 secs behind in 2nd place if he hadn't messed up.

the only way he is going to lose it is a crash, or if he has burned himself out. but with thomas possibly reaching good form, he also still has a chance. Alaphilippe seems to have burned out, bernal is looking strong - so if Pinot and Alaphilippe have both overdone it then ineos may still get the winner.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Tour de France on 17:21 - Jul 23 with 1752 viewsbluey_the_blue

Pinot has invested a hell of a lot of energy though. Wondering if he's burnt himself out a bit.
Tour de France on 17:29 - Jul 23 with 1750 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 17:21 - Jul 23 by bluey_the_blue

Pinot has invested a hell of a lot of energy though. Wondering if he's burnt himself out a bit.

-
that's what i'm think too, could it be a case of tortoise and the hare. if he doesn't blow up though it should be his tour this year. i'm going to go for him

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Tour de France on 17:32 - Jul 23 with 1744 viewsbluey_the_blue

Pinot has been impressive so far, I agree. But... looking at the Alps stages to come and the heat, as I keep saying, it's hard to look past Bernal. It's ideal conditions for him - he's not looked flustered, he's not had a wobble, looks fairly comfortable.
Tour de France on 17:40 - Jul 23 with 1728 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 17:32 - Jul 23 by bluey_the_blue

Pinot has been impressive so far, I agree. But... looking at the Alps stages to come and the heat, as I keep saying, it's hard to look past Bernal. It's ideal conditions for him - he's not looked flustered, he's not had a wobble, looks fairly comfortable.

-
pinot is said to not do as well in the heat, he has also put a huge amount of effort in so far. but it does look like he is on another level, so unless he burns out he could win.

it is a close one to call, the three of them are all in it, tomorrow should be really good, i hope there will be attacking for the 3 days.

Tour de France on 18:01 - Jul 23 with 1712 viewsbluey_the_blue

I agree they are on another level. If British, French media would accuse them of doping...

Sadly on holiday from Friday so get to miss some quality racing...
Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France on 18:21 - Jul 23 with 1698 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 18:01 - Jul 23 by bluey_the_blue

I agree they are on another level. If British, French media would accuse them of doping...

Sadly on holiday from Friday so get to miss some quality racing...

-
that has crossed my mind, but as you say if 2 brits were doing all of a sudden going this well, the frogs would be throwing accusations around- ah, hold on, that's already happened!

Tour de France on 19:49 - Jul 23 with 1667 viewsPegojack

Just a word for the scenery on today's stage. Totally breathtaking and so evocative. The sundrenched villages and towns, the limestone castles, dry river beds, vinyards, dense green forests and, of course, the star of the show - the Pont du Gard. In early December I was standing on the road at the base of it which they cycled across today and it was deserted. Gave me a chance to admire the gobsmacking Roman engineering in detail - it was built in the first century AD when we were living in mud huts. All done with only human muscle and horse power, ropes and wood scaffolding. And some Roman ingenuity. Amazing.

I loves Europe, me.
Feck Brexit, feck Boris.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 21:16]
Tour de France on 21:16 - Jul 23 with 1635 viewsbluey_the_blue

We're leaving EU not Europe...
Tour de France on 21:53 - Jul 23 with 1611 viewsBrynCartwright

Tour de France on 21:16 - Jul 23 by bluey_the_blue

We're leaving EU not Europe...

We're not leaving anything mush.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Tour de France on 22:04 - Jul 23 with 1595 viewsProfessor

Tour de France on 17:32 - Jul 23 by bluey_the_blue

I don’t know why everyone thinks heat will benefit Bernal. He is from Bogota which is high but far from hot. It has a reputation for being on the chilly side. Was warm when I went in summer but not hot and most locals said it was exceptionally warm. Pretty similar to southern Brittany or the Loire.
Tour de France on 22:10 - Jul 23 with 1586 viewsCooperman

Tour de France on 19:49 - Jul 23 by Pegojack

Just a word for the scenery on today's stage. Totally breathtaking and so evocative. The sundrenched villages and towns, the limestone castles, dry river beds, vinyards, dense green forests and, of course, the star of the show - the Pont du Gard. In early December I was standing on the road at the base of it which they cycled across today and it was deserted. Gave me a chance to admire the gobsmacking Roman engineering in detail - it was built in the first century AD when we were living in mud huts. All done with only human muscle and horse power, ropes and wood scaffolding. And some Roman ingenuity. Amazing.

I loves Europe, me.
Feck Brexit, feck Boris.

Yes, that aqua duct was extremely impressive. Nimes also looked very nice.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tour de France on 22:11 - Jul 23 with 1585 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 22:04 - Jul 23 by Professor

I don’t know why everyone thinks heat will benefit Bernal. He is from Bogota which is high but far from hot. It has a reputation for being on the chilly side. Was warm when I went in summer but not hot and most locals said it was exceptionally warm. Pretty similar to southern Brittany or the Loire.

the heat will only really get them at the beginning of the climbs, the further they go up it should be okay.

[misread your post there, i was posting about heat affecting the riders]
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 22:12]

Tour de France on 01:38 - Jul 24 with 1542 viewsJack59

I loves Europe, me.
Feck Brexit, feck Boris.

In fairness, I think your post would be more aptly closed with :-

Feck the Romans, Feck Claudius.
Tour de France on 07:48 - Jul 24 with 1491 viewsPegojack

Tour de France on 01:38 - Jul 24 by Jack59

In fairness, I think your post would be more aptly closed with :-

Feck the Romans, Feck Claudius.

Aye, what have the Romans ever done for us!
Tour de France on 09:44 - Jul 24 with 1463 viewssherpajacob

Tour de France on 07:48 - Jul 24 by Pegojack

He won the penalty which Clive scored for the 4th goal at Wembley.

Showed it on sky again last night.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tour de France on 10:42 - Jul 24 with 1445 viewsJack59

Tour de France on 07:48 - Jul 24 by Pegojack

Gobsmacking Roman engineering over there, and Britains in mud huts over here.

They are your words, it implies a lack of investment in this country by the Roman Empire.
Tour de France on 10:46 - Jul 24 with 1440 viewsLeonWasGod

I loves Europe, me.
Feck Brexit, feck Boris.

Yeah, but they were OUR mud huts! Dark blue ones, presumably.
Tour de France on 11:02 - Jul 24 with 1435 viewsJack59

Tour de France on 10:46 - Jul 24 by LeonWasGod

Yeah, but they were OUR mud huts! Dark blue ones, presumably.

The colour is irrelevant. The point is that there were mud huts over there, but a one sided picture was being painted.
Tour de France on 14:53 - Jul 24 with 1392 viewsBatterseajack

Tour de France on 12:53 - Jul 23 by Professor

Froome the boring rider with the 80km solo mountain attack that overturned a deficit of over three minutes to win the Giro D'Italia beating Yates, Pinot and the hugely talents (and like Froome much missed on this TdF) Tom Dumoulin

Yep, that's the attack i was referring to. Sensational ride from him. Lazy thinkers would see it as an excuse for doping, but it was down to the balance within the chasing riders. Although they wanted to catch froome, they would needed to have gone flat out to do so and neither could trust the other to counter attack them and leave them behind. What a stage. Anyway, as i said, Froome's criticisms are largely unjustified.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 14:57]
Tour de France on 15:16 - Jul 24 with 1372 viewsbluey_the_blue

Team Sky/Ineos tactics is to control the pace, make the race boring. That's undeniable - its what US Postal used to do with Armstrong.

Can Froome make those exciting attacks? Sure, but it takes something out of you - Sky/Ineos tactics designed to avoid that.
Tour de France on 15:34 - Jul 24 with 1362 viewsBatterseajack

What a stage this was. Should have been a boring, flat transition stage for the sprint finishers. A little bit of cross winds and he's blown the peloton apart with sagan and GT.

Attacking on the decent, for a 15km solo

Then the biggest come back in tour history and completely destroying Yates in pink
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 15:36]
Tour de France on 15:35 - Jul 24 with 1362 viewsBatterseajack

Edit: Double post
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 15:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024