Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France 15:25 - Jul 12 with 15749 viewsPegojack

No thread yet, boys and girls?

I thought Geraint looked very strong yesterday on the first proper mountain stage. The rest of Ineos looked a bit flakey, though, could be an issue later on.

Coverage on ITV4 is good as always, and the French tv live shots, high up over the scenery and down and dirty on the road, is as compulsive as usual.
Tour de France on 16:36 - Jul 24 with 1680 viewsSwanseaman

a quiet day for gc riders today. tomorrow things may happen, we may get a better idea who's in form for the last few days, and who's fading.

I don't like them downhill finishes though.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 16:40]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Tour de France on 18:26 - Jul 24 with 1630 viewsPacemaker

Tour de France on 16:36 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

a quiet day for gc riders today. tomorrow things may happen, we may get a better idea who's in form for the last few days, and who's fading.

I don't like them downhill finishes though.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 16:40]

Alaphilippe is a brilliant descender and if he is still there amongst the GC contenders he will win. It is also due to rain tomorrow and Friday and Pinot does not like descending in the dry let alone the rain.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Tour de France on 18:54 - Jul 24 with 1610 viewsBatterseajack

Luke Row and Tony Martin booted off the tour, but harsh that
Tour de France on 19:01 - Jul 24 with 1600 viewsBanosswan

Alaphilippe will be out of team mates by the start of the Galibier. He'll struggle.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tour de France on 19:23 - Jul 24 with 1575 viewsBrynCartwright

Tour de France on 18:54 - Jul 24 by Batterseajack

Harsh on Luke, but he shouldn't have retaliated against the German bully.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Tour de France on 19:40 - Jul 24 with 1562 viewsPegojack

Tour de France on 18:54 - Jul 24 by Batterseajack

I missed the stage today, what happened?
Tour de France on 19:43 - Jul 24 with 1560 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tour de France on 19:40 - Jul 24 by Pegojack

I missed the stage today, what happened?

Missed the end, looked like Martin was trying to force Rowe into a barrier?

EDIT: Read that Rowe retaliated by pushing Martin in the face, tried to force him into barrier.

UCI made the decision which handily helps two French GC contenders as rivals lose their road captains for key stages...
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 19:51]
Tour de France on 20:00 - Jul 24 with 1549 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 19:43 - Jul 24 by bluey_the_blue

EDIT: Read that Rowe retaliated by pushing Martin in the face, tried to force him into barrier.

UCI made the decision which handily helps two French GC contenders as rivals lose their road captains for key stages...

That is a gutter for ineos. Luke should have kept calm, professional athletes should include anger management as part of their training schedule [ including footballers ]

from the telegraph: 'Geraint Thomas’s hopes of winning a second successive Tour de France title have been rocked after commissaires decided to throw his team-mate and road captain Luke Rowe off the race.'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2019/07/24/team-ineos-luke-rowe-expelled-tou

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France on 21:21 - Jul 24 with 1525 viewsBanosswan

Tour de France on 19:43 - Jul 24 by bluey_the_blue

Fkn joke. They both should've been reminded of their responsibilities and we carry on.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Tour de France on 21:22 - Jul 24 with 1524 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tour de France on 21:21 - Jul 24 by Banosswan

Fkn joke. They both should've been reminded of their responsibilities and we carry on.

Both teams and riders met after race, settled things - both are going to jointly appeal.
Tour de France on 21:25 - Jul 24 with 1518 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 21:22 - Jul 24 by bluey_the_blue

Both teams and riders met after race, settled things - both are going to jointly appeal.

anything that involves potentially causing a crash they do seem quite strict on.

Tour de France on 07:47 - Jul 25 with 1463 viewsSPboy

Tour de France on 21:22 - Jul 24 by bluey_the_blue

I’d be amazed if either of them get a reprieve, it would be like the FAW siding with the Swans on anything
Tour de France on 12:02 - Jul 25 with 1436 viewsbluey_the_blue

Appeals refused, Ineos going to CAS.

So, Pinot vs Bernal begins today...

Sadly am away over weekend so will probably miss the last stages.
Tour de France on 12:25 - Jul 25 with 1427 viewsbluey_the_blue

Dutch media saying GC contenders were blood controlled today - except for Pinot...
Tour de France on 13:17 - Jul 25 with 1412 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 12:25 - Jul 25 by bluey_the_blue

Dutch media saying GC contenders were blood controlled today - except for Pinot...

whey except pinot?

were they all drug tested but left pinot out?

Tour de France on 13:32 - Jul 25 with 1405 viewsSwanseaman

good youtube analysis of the martin and rowe antics:

Tour de France on 16:19 - Jul 25 with 1362 viewsProfessor

Interesting today and a great ride from Quintana. The next two alpine stages have summit finishes-enough to suggest to me that Bernal, Pinot or Thomas could overcome Alaphillipe's lead. He ran out of juice up the Galbier but could make it back on the descent. No chance of that the next two days. Ineos may have a whip hand with two GC riders. Short but unforgiving stage tomorrow that could suit Thomas. If Bernal is above him on Saturday then they will probably go all out with him. I think most of them could take 2 minutes over Alaphillipe yet
Tour de France on 16:46 - Jul 25 with 1344 viewsSwanseaman

great ride from quintana, he even has an outside chance if he does something amazing, i can't see that happening though.

alaphilippe should get taken tomorrow or saturday, bernal is looking in very good form, i'm thinking he could take it. but thomas could get stronger and pinot could have a second wind - this race is still a very close one.

but i'm going to go for bernal after watching today's race.

tomorrow:

saturday:

[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 16:52]

Tour de France on 16:56 - Jul 25 with 1337 viewsBanosswan

What a race. Tdf is just absolutely amazing.

Tour de France on 17:02 - Jul 25 with 1334 viewsProfessor

Tour de France on 16:46 - Jul 25 by Swanseaman

great ride from quintana, he even has an outside chance if he does something amazing, i can't see that happening though.

alaphilippe should get taken tomorrow or saturday, bernal is looking in very good form, i'm thinking he could take it. but thomas could get stronger and pinot could have a second wind - this race is still a very close one.

but i'm going to go for bernal after watching today's race.

tomorrow:

saturday:

[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 16:52]

The very sharp HC climb tomorrow favours Bernal and Quintana, but Thomas or Pinot could strike on the last Cat 1 if not distanced. Saturday is a long, long 33km climb, though less steep. I don't see Alaphillipe being able to hold the other GC contenders up the HC climbs, and although he may catch up on the descent, that final 7km climb may be too. much, He has not got the support that Ineos, FDJ, Movistar or Jumbo have I their teams.
Tour de France on 18:29 - Jul 25 with 1305 viewsPegojack

Enthralling race today. I don't think Alaphilipe has got it in him to hang on to yellow over the last two days but we've been underestimating him for the past two weeks, so he could surprise us again.
Does G have enough in the tanks to see off the other hopefuls? I think not, although I'll be cheering our boy on. If I had to bet the house, I'd put it on Bernal.
Tour de France on 18:47 - Jul 25 with 1293 viewsbluey_the_blue

I just don't get Team Ineos today whatsoever.

Bernal should've gone kms before. Was never going to make big gains on the descent given the distance. Eurosport floated the idea of getting him up the road to then help G but that sounds bizarre. All that would happen would b G dragging other contenders along, which is what happened...

Team Ineos are great when they can control the tempo as in years past but this tour are so off the pace it's unbelievable.
Tour de France on 19:01 - Jul 25 with 1280 viewsProfessor

Tour de France on 18:29 - Jul 25 by Pegojack

Enthralling race today. I don't think Alaphilipe has got it in him to hang on to yellow over the last two days but we've been underestimating him for the past two weeks, so he could surprise us again.
Does G have enough in the tanks to see off the other hopefuls? I think not, although I'll be cheering our boy on. If I had to bet the house, I'd put it on Bernal.

With G it’s more a case of him being like big diesel truck that can trundle on and on. Bernal and Quintana are typical little Colombians. Feisty with massive acceleration up the slopes with the advantage of growing up at altitude. Less suited to a long grind. I agree though, Bernal may be the man. If he is ahead of G tomorrow then he should get G’s support up that last 33km climb.

Colombia is a great country. Fierce but loyal people. Would love to go there again.
Tour de France on 19:08 - Jul 25 with 1271 viewsPegojack

Tour de France on 18:47 - Jul 25 by bluey_the_blue

Bernal should've gone kms before. Was never going to make big gains on the descent given the distance. Eurosport floated the idea of getting him up the road to then help G but that sounds bizarre. All that would happen would b G dragging other contenders along, which is what happened...

Team Ineos are great when they can control the tempo as in years past but this tour are so off the pace it's unbelievable.

I thought today that if G was going to crack Alaphilipe, he should have made his break at least 2km from the top, not 1km as he did. This is why I don't think he has it in the tanks this year.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 20:14]
Tour de France on 19:08 - Jul 25 with 1271 viewsSwanseaman

Tour de France on 18:47 - Jul 25 by bluey_the_blue

I was also wondering what ineos were doing. it was as if they wanted to get bernal's and thomas's time overall at exactly the same time, before thomas went for it?

maybe if he was at his usual fitness levels he could have got away from the other riders and up to bernal, but bernal wasn't waiting around, he was still racing flat out to get away from thomas.

so if their plan was to get them at an almost equal time, i don't understand it. thomas should have given everything he had to go with bernal to stop him from gaining any time (he would have done that to another teams rider who was only seconds behind him in the gc).

they may be in the same team, but bernal is his rival, so no team orders should have stopped thomas going after him to make sure he wins the tour.

today may have been the day that thomas lost the tour to bernal
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 19:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024