Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France 15:25 - Jul 12 with 15745 viewsPegojack

No thread yet, boys and girls?

I thought Geraint looked very strong yesterday on the first proper mountain stage. The rest of Ineos looked a bit flakey, though, could be an issue later on.

Coverage on ITV4 is good as always, and the French tv live shots, high up over the scenery and down and dirty on the road, is as compulsive as usual.
Tour de France on 15:33 - Jul 12 with 5068 viewsBatterseajack

Loved the finale to yesterdays race. Love the fact the guy who came second in the stage looked gutted to have cracked meters away from the line and not get the win, seemed to have not realized he had taken the yellow jersey.

If Geraint was impressive to pull away yesterday also, if he can keep his bike upright, this looks like it could be another title for him.

Alaphilippe is class as well, but for different reasons.
Tour de France on 15:34 - Jul 12 with 5066 viewsBatterseajack

[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 15:39]
Tour de France on 15:34 - Jul 12 with 5064 viewsbluey_the_blue

Early stages.

I'd disagree on ITV4 coverage. Switch to Eurosport instead, far better commentators - after all Eurosport coverall major races. Carlton Kirby is a legend.

T looks strong early on, sure, but don't discard Bernal. I've a sneaky feeling he could smoke T in mountains.
Tour de France on 15:38 - Jul 12 with 5056 viewsBatterseajack

Tour de France on 15:34 - Jul 12 by bluey_the_blue

Early stages.

I'd disagree on ITV4 coverage. Switch to Eurosport instead, far better commentators - after all Eurosport coverall major races. Carlton Kirby is a legend.

T looks strong early on, sure, but don't discard Bernal. I've a sneaky feeling he could smoke T in mountains.

Agreed, can't rule anyone out this early. But that last climb suited others better than G, but they didn't put a marker down. Not sure what Bernals time trialing is like, but being a little whippet i can't see him beating Geraint on a flat course.
Tour de France on 15:42 - Jul 12 with 5045 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tour de France on 15:38 - Jul 12 by Batterseajack

Agreed, can't rule anyone out this early. But that last climb suited others better than G, but they didn't put a marker down. Not sure what Bernals time trialing is like, but being a little whippet i can't see him beating Geraint on a flat course.

Not sure what his time trialling is either tbh. I sense it'll be down to how people feel the final week.
Tour de France on 15:47 - Jul 12 with 5040 viewsPegojack

Tour de France on 15:34 - Jul 12 by bluey_the_blue

Early stages.

I don't get Eurosport, Bluey, ITV will have to do.
Tour de France on 15:49 - Jul 12 with 5036 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tour de France on 15:47 - Jul 12 by Pegojack

I feel your pain.

Coverage is like night and day.

ITV tend to be fairly dull - race, riders... Eurosport you get the histories of the regions, castles et a.. banter much better.

This year, they have had Wiggo on the back of a motorbike during races, interviewing team directors ( and riders, tho not supposed to ) - he'll do that the final week, Contador and Flecha doing it till then.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 15:50]
Tour de France on 16:31 - Jul 12 with 5011 viewsCooperman

My wife was lovely enough to approve my request to go to Brussels last weekend for the Grand Départ so I caught both stage one and the time trail on Sunday. A marvellous spectacle to witness in the flesh.

Request already submitted for next year which will hopefully be based around a day or two in the Pyrenees.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France on 16:41 - Jul 12 with 4993 viewsBatterseajack

Tour de France on 16:31 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

My wife was lovely enough to approve my request to go to Brussels last weekend for the Grand Départ so I caught both stage one and the time trail on Sunday. A marvellous spectacle to witness in the flesh.

Request already submitted for next year which will hopefully be based around a day or two in the Pyrenees.

Lovely - i had the pleasure of going to the cobbled stage near Roubaix and the subsequent stage in the alpes last summer. Its a hell of a spectacle to witness in the flesh, especially on top of a mountain. If you get to next year, ride up the mountain nice and early and find one of the makeshift bars on top
Tour de France on 17:28 - Jul 12 with 4970 viewsCooperman

Tour de France on 16:41 - Jul 12 by Batterseajack

Lovely - i had the pleasure of going to the cobbled stage near Roubaix and the subsequent stage in the alpes last summer. Its a hell of a spectacle to witness in the flesh, especially on top of a mountain. If you get to next year, ride up the mountain nice and early and find one of the makeshift bars on top

We’re in the south of France for holidays and she doesn’t know it yet but I’m taking her up Col du Tourmalet where I intend to casually trot out next years plan. This will be after I’ve plied her with several glasses of Château le Pey for lunch.

Tour de France on 17:32 - Jul 12 with 4964 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tour de France on 17:28 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

We’re in the south of France for holidays and she doesn’t know it yet but I’m taking her up Col du Tourmalet where I intend to casually trot out next years plan. This will be after I’ve plied her with several glasses of Château le Pey for lunch.

"And chaos here in the Tour at the Col du Tourmalet as the gc contenders have crashed out, skidding on a pile of Château le Pey inspired vomit..."
Tour de France on 17:37 - Jul 12 with 4960 viewsCooperman

Tour de France on 17:32 - Jul 12 by bluey_the_blue

"And chaos here in the Tour at the Col du Tourmalet as the gc contenders have crashed out, skidding on a pile of Château le Pey inspired vomit..."

Unfortunately Le Tour passes through a week before we head south.

Tour de France on 17:38 - Jul 12 with 4956 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tour de France on 17:37 - Jul 12 by Cooperman

Unfortunately Le Tour passes through a week before we head south.

Trust you to trash an average joke with facts.
Tour de France on 17:49 - Jul 12 with 4946 viewsCooperman

Tour de France on 17:38 - Jul 12 by bluey_the_blue

Trust you to trash an average joke with facts.

I’m sorry, I did see the funny side though.

Tour de France on 20:15 - Jul 12 with 4886 viewsbiggar

Been a good watch so far but can't help but think that there is a dearth of genuine superstars in the sport at the moment. Froome was in superb form until his injury so it's a shame he isn't there.

Tasty looking stages in week 3 though.
Tour de France on 00:38 - Jul 13 with 4826 viewsNotLoyal

No IPTV over there ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Tour de France on 13:12 - Jul 13 with 4775 viewsjackmorsel

Get Eurosport player, £40 for a year, well worth the money, get all the grand tours plus loads of other cycling if you're into that, plus lot's of other sport, Le Mans etc. You won't regret it. As said by Bluey Carlton is a legend, and you also have Sean Kelly who is superb. They are streets ahead of ITV.
Tour de France on 13:25 - Jul 13 with 4759 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tour de France on 13:12 - Jul 13 by jackmorsel

Get Eurosport player, £40 for a year, well worth the money, get all the grand tours plus loads of other cycling if you're into that, plus lot's of other sport, Le Mans etc. You won't regret it. As said by Bluey Carlton is a legend, and you also have Sean Kelly who is superb. They are streets ahead of ITV.

Oooooohhhhh Le Mans.... love that...

Full 24 hours coverage too.

Eurosport really are amazing. Not as polished as Sky's presentation in my humble opinion, but the "rawness" at times improves it.

EDIT:

Don't forget the Nordic sports either, skiing, biathlon, ski jumping... plenty of u21 etc football, african cup of nations....
[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 13:28]
Tour de France on 17:39 - Jul 13 with 4705 viewsPegojack

Tour de France on 00:38 - Jul 13 by NotLoyal

No IPTV over there ?

I could get Eurosport if I wanted to pay for it. Which I don't.

I get all the UK Freeview channels, plus about 40 Spanish channels, plus about 800 free to air channels from all around the world. I'm not about to fork out for any more!
[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 18:12]
Tour de France on 18:06 - Jul 13 with 4693 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tour de France on 17:39 - Jul 13 by Pegojack

I could get Eurosport if I wanted to pay for it. Which I don't.

I get all the UK Freeview channels, plus about 40 Spanish channels, plus about 800 free to air channels from all around the world. I'm not about to fork out for any more!
[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 18:12]

Eurosport is definitely worth it though.
Tour de France on 18:16 - Jul 13 with 4682 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lots of hidden gems to be found on Eurosport. The fact that most of the time their commentators are clearly sitting in a room in London watching the same pictures as the rest of us is especially appealing.

Poll: Tory leader

Tour de France on 22:21 - Jul 13 with 4604 viewsSPboy

Great come back by G today (Saturday) after he dropped his chain in a crash with only 15km to go.
Agree he is looking really strong & motivated. Quite a few GC contenders & their domestiques seem to be hiding away waiting for the mountain stages
Tour de France on 21:38 - Jul 15 with 4478 viewsCooperman

A good day in the saddle today for Thomas and team Ineos and GT is now up to second in the general classification.

Rest day tomorrow before the race resumes on Wednesday.

Tour de France on 22:06 - Jul 15 with 4448 viewsBrynCartwright

Looking forward now to see how much time he can make up against Alainphillipe in the time-trial on Friday. Come on G! Hopefully he will be in the lead after the Tourmalet.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Tour de France on 19:57 - Jul 16 with 4330 viewssherpajacob

Moving tribute to Paul Sherwin by Phil Ligget on ITV4.

One of the great commentary teams in any sport.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024