Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stereophonics at the Park 00:39 - Jul 14 with 13218 viewsLuther27

Brilliant night in great surroundings. Thought all the bands were good but the 'Phonics were brilliant.
Anyone else go?
Stereophonics at the Park on 07:45 - Jul 14 with 5145 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I live half a mile from there but I think the phonics are like an untalented Status Quo esque AC/DC tribute band . Dakota is one of the worst records ever made. Who were the support acts though? And how long was the event?

I’m glad you enjoyed it but was the ticket price high ? Do you feel you had a good value day out?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stereophonics at the Park on 09:20 - Jul 14 with 5026 viewsmagicdaps10

They lost the crowd mid set, they played too many acoustic ballads in one spell.

Brilliant venue but boy do some people let themselves down badly, people falling over the place drunk.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Stereophonics at the Park on 09:39 - Jul 14 with 4996 viewsBDS

Stereophonics at the Park on 09:20 - Jul 14 by magicdaps10

They lost the crowd mid set, they played too many acoustic ballads in one spell.

Brilliant venue but boy do some people let themselves down badly, people falling over the place drunk.

The Uplands was heaving by midday. I’m guessing the guessing the band were on about nine. There must of been a big number who have no memory of the show this morning.
Stereophonics at the Park on 09:43 - Jul 14 with 4987 viewsmagicdaps10

Stereophonics at the Park on 09:39 - Jul 14 by BDS

The Uplands was heaving by midday. I’m guessing the guessing the band were on about nine. There must of been a big number who have no memory of the show this morning.

Phonics came on at 8.15.

Some paid that money for tickets but will never remember it, very sad indeed!! Seems like a good excuse to get wrecked rather than go and enjoy the day responsibly..... You can still do this and have a drink, events like this shows the state of society these days.

Tom Grennan was good but comes across as a tw@t.

Stereophonics at the Park on 10:10 - Jul 14 with 4912 viewscontroversial_jack

A great band, but they have had their day.
Stereophonics at the Park on 10:11 - Jul 14 with 4911 viewsexiledclaseboy

People enjoying themselves on a sunny summer Saturday for the biggest gig Swansea has seen for years. Shocker.

Poll: Tory leader

Stereophonics at the Park on 10:17 - Jul 14 with 4898 viewsBDS

Stereophonics at the Park on 09:43 - Jul 14 by magicdaps10

Phonics came on at 8.15.

Some paid that money for tickets but will never remember it, very sad indeed!! Seems like a good excuse to get wrecked rather than go and enjoy the day responsibly..... You can still do this and have a drink, events like this shows the state of society these days.

Tom Grennan was good but comes across as a tw@t.

Don’t like these big gigs because of the behaviour of an increasingly large number of so-called fans. Dragged along by the wife to see Take That in Cardiff and saw more fighting there than forty years worth of punk gigs. Worst thing I’ve ever seen was at the Killers in Swansea, where a pissed up young woman couldn’t be bothered to walk two minutes to go to the toilet and after unsuccessfully managing to insert a bottle, stood and urinated on the floor. Her and her equally wrecked friends then kicked off at the people around them who complained.
Stereophonics at the Park on 10:19 - Jul 14 with 4894 viewsMrSwerve

Stereophonics at the Park on 10:11 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

People enjoying themselves on a sunny summer Saturday for the biggest gig Swansea has seen for years. Shocker.

To be fair I’d have to get pretty wasted to watch the Stereophonics.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Stereophonics at the Park on 10:27 - Jul 14 with 4869 viewsMrSwerve

Stereophonics at the Park on 10:17 - Jul 14 by BDS

Don’t like these big gigs because of the behaviour of an increasingly large number of so-called fans. Dragged along by the wife to see Take That in Cardiff and saw more fighting there than forty years worth of punk gigs. Worst thing I’ve ever seen was at the Killers in Swansea, where a pissed up young woman couldn’t be bothered to walk two minutes to go to the toilet and after unsuccessfully managing to insert a bottle, stood and urinated on the floor. Her and her equally wrecked friends then kicked off at the people around them who complained.

The Ed Sheeran concert last year was the roughest concert I’ve ever been to. Sounds rediculous I know. Full of pissed up cokeheads who can’t handle their drink.

Compare that to the Prodigy gig...loads of drunk people and nearly everyone off their faces, but an incredibly friendly atmosphere (generally).

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Stereophonics at the Park on 10:30 - Jul 14 with 4860 viewscontroversial_jack

Agreed! There are so many miserable b*stards that would deny someone a good piss up.
Stereophonics at the Park on 10:57 - Jul 14 with 4800 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It’s our national culture mun. Always murders at these events in Wales - look at the difference between rugby dats in London, Edinburgh and Dublin. Cardiff is a huge drinking event! And the trouble that goes on afterwards is not a great advert either. Whenever I’ve been to the Isle of Wight festival I’ve never encountered anything like what gets reported here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stereophonics at the Park on 11:10 - Jul 14 with 4771 viewsWingstandwood

It makes you wonder if a lot of these 'fans' are of similar mindset that attend Welsh rugby games, not really into rugby (or music) but love an excuse to have an all-day p1ss up and be part of a party atmosphere just like on a new years eve?

If I was a mega fan right into a rock group I'd want to be stone cold sober to appreciate every moment, to remember every moment, and not be absolutely bursting for a p1ss all the time the rock heroes are playing on stage.

Argus!

Stereophonics at the Park on 11:14 - Jul 14 with 4756 viewsUxbridge

We took the kids so stayed out of the way up on the bank on the Brynmill side of the park. Atmosphere was great there. Did venture into the throng briefly and there were some absolute horrors there sadly, the usual roider sort, but par for the course.

Phonics were good I thought. Chap before them seemed a bit of a dick but kids enjoyed and he improved as the set went on, or the beer took its effect.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Stereophonics at the Park on 11:28 - Jul 14 with 4704 viewsDarran

I went to Wembley to see AC/DC a few years ago,one fella was asleep before they came on and was still sleeping after they went off.
It’s not enjoying yourself,some are just miscreants.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stereophonics at the Park on 11:30 - Jul 14 with 4705 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stereophonics at the Park on 11:28 - Jul 14 by Darran

I went to Wembley to see AC/DC a few years ago,one fella was asleep before they came on and was still sleeping after they went off.
It’s not enjoying yourself,some are just miscreants.

Miscreants?

Has Barclay been teaching you new words again?

Stereophonics at the Park on 11:31 - Jul 14 with 4696 viewsDarran

Stereophonics at the Park on 11:30 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

Miscreants?

Has Barclay been teaching you new words again?

Prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:06 - Jul 14 with 4629 viewsNeath_Jack

There has always been trouble at gigs / events. Always.

I can't think of any large crowd that I've been part of throughout my life where I haven't seen pissed up people having a falling out.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:07 - Jul 14 with 4627 viewsJango

I had a great day. Seen friends I haven’t seen for years. Some people like getting smashed, some people like to stay sober. Each to their own I say. Great day for the city.
Stereophonics at the Park on 12:15 - Jul 14 with 4600 viewsOptimisticJack

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:07 - Jul 14 by Jango

I had a great day. Seen friends I haven’t seen for years. Some people like getting smashed, some people like to stay sober. Each to their own I say. Great day for the city.

I wasnt able to go to the concert but passed through Uplands and Sketty on the bus early evening. It seemed a cracking atmosphere .
Singleton Park is an amazing venue particularly on a lovely evening like last night.
Another great event for Swansea following on from last week's Air Show.
What a negative thread for a great night for Swansea.

Optimisticjack

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:18 - Jul 14 with 4579 viewsexiledclaseboy

If I’d have gone I’d have undoubtedly joined the masses ranks of the mullered. I didn’t though cos the Stereophonics have been shit for about 15 years. Glad it went well though despite the Mary Whitehouse types on here.

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:32 - Jul 14 with 4554 viewsmagicdaps10

I enjoyed myself in the gig yesterday and I remember it the next morning, I also didn't have any cuts or bruises from falling over drunk.

Unfortunately some people take enjoying themselves to a new level and in turn can spoil it for a lot of others, but hey, they got absolutely smashed and had a ball.

Touché!!!!

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:35 - Jul 14 with 4549 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:32 - Jul 14 by magicdaps10

I enjoyed myself in the gig yesterday and I remember it the next morning, I also didn't have any cuts or bruises from falling over drunk.

Unfortunately some people take enjoying themselves to a new level and in turn can spoil it for a lot of others, but hey, they got absolutely smashed and had a ball.

Touché!!!!

Did anyone spoil it for you?

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:39 - Jul 14 with 4538 viewsSwansea93

I wish they had proper rock bands play down here, always radio friendly/dance acts that play singleton park and they bring the arseholes out.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:40 - Jul 14 with 4536 viewsmagicdaps10

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:35 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

Did anyone spoil it for you?

Yeah I suppose they did, I took some of those images home with me...... So yes.

Not nice seeing drunken slobbs falling onto other people and hurting them and themselves in the process.

I bet there are a lot more who seen and experienced a lot worse than I did yesterday. Call me a bore but I think it just shows a lack of class and thought.

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:41 - Jul 14 with 4532 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stereophonics at the Park on 12:40 - Jul 14 by magicdaps10

Yeah I suppose they did, I took some of those images home with me...... So yes.

Not nice seeing drunken slobbs falling onto other people and hurting them and themselves in the process.

I bet there are a lot more who seen and experienced a lot worse than I did yesterday. Call me a bore but I think it just shows a lack of class and thought.

Oh you poor dab. Seek counselling for the trauma of seeing drunk people. Jesus.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024