Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budapest 15:28 - Jul 14 with 760 viewsMrSwerve

Looking at booking for August 2020 together with the Hungarian GP. Hoping to stay a week there, any advice on the city in general? Is a week a decent amount of time there?

And if anyone has been to the Hungaroring, that would be a bonus!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 15:29]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Budapest on 18:39 - Jul 14 with 700 viewsbuilthjack

Fantastic City. Plenty to do and see. Decent value for money on food etc. Transport system cheap and easy to use.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2019 21:46]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Budapest on 19:25 - Jul 14 with 679 viewsItchySphincter

Don’t take the missus, it not that kind of place ......

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Budapest on 19:38 - Jul 14 with 674 viewsmajorraglan

Are you traveling with kids or just adults?

Builth is right, it’s a great city and I would say a week is probably more than enough. We were there at the end of July beginning of August a few years ago in the build up to the Grand Prix (we didn’t even know it was on) but it was a big event to the Hungarians. There’s a fair bit to see and do, you can get a hop on hop off bus and do a circuit of the city visiting Buda and Pest, they have big out door baths, river cruise, walk along the river to the Parliament which is stunning, there’s also the old Jewish Quarter and the synagogues. We also visited the Gestapo museum which chronicled the human rights abuses the Nazi’s and the the Russians committed against the Hungarians and it was quite eye opening. Food, drink public transport were all reasonable. We stayed near the Dohany Synagogue as there were 4 of us, but you can pick hotels up at a reasonable price but they may peak for the GP.
You could tag a trip to the lakes on if you wanted to get out of the city. It was very hot when we were there, so I would defo look for air con in wherever you decide to stay.
Budapest on 22:17 - Jul 14 with 618 viewssquarebear

If you're planning to be there for the GP then book ASAP. Hotel prices are mental. I used to work there but was always priced out of hotels during GP week.
Budapest on 22:55 - Jul 14 with 605 viewsmarchamjack

One of my favourite cities, underrated.

Go to one of the out door spas the locals use, sit there soaking up the sun, jump in ice baths, go in steam rooms, drink beer there. Cheap place but very nice 👍

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Budapest on 06:01 - Jul 15 with 544 viewsSwanDownUnder

Budapest on 19:25 - Jul 14 by ItchySphincter

Don’t take the missus, it not that kind of place ......

This
Budapest on 10:31 - Jul 15 with 489 viewscontroversial_jack

Are there lot's of strip clubs and knocking shops?
Budapest on 10:35 - Jul 15 with 483 viewsNotLoyal

Very nationalist, patriotic and unwelcoming unless you are spending money.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Budapest on 11:10 - Jul 15 with 472 viewsMrSwerve

Thanks for the advice guys.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024