Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you do 12:08 - Jul 15 with 5137 viewsCountyJim

Just coming back from dropping my Dad at Airport when I witnessed a 4x4 jump a red light almost causing a crash it could have been very nasty

Anyway footage on my dashcam do I send it to the police or keep my nose out and don't be a grass
What would you do on 10:19 - Jul 17 with 1390 viewscontroversial_jack

What would you do on 19:35 - Jul 16 by NotLoyal

Why ?

Because, it's too much work for them
What would you do on 10:36 - Jul 17 with 1377 viewsAlfieMooresSon

What would you do on 13:02 - Jul 15 by Darran

Jim you really need to get a life mate.

FFS I saw someone doing something naughty on my dashcam in my fiesta, I'm going to report them to the police to get them in trouble!

Miss he said this, Miss he said that, playground stuff FFS

Surely the Police have got more important stuff to do than have to listen to busybodies!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 10:39]
What would you do on 11:51 - Jul 17 with 1344 viewsHighjack

What would you do on 10:36 - Jul 17 by AlfieMooresSon

FFS I saw someone doing something naughty on my dashcam in my fiesta, I'm going to report them to the police to get them in trouble!

Surely the Police have got more important stuff to do than have to listen to busybodies!

I think we've found our mysterious 4x4 driver lads.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What would you do on 12:00 - Jul 17 with 1341 viewsladyjack

What would you do on 13:36 - Jul 15 by controversial_jack

Police won't do a thing

Police are prosecuting people like heck based on these videos apparently, I was only reading about it the other day.
What would you do on 12:06 - Jul 17 with 1335 viewsHighjack

What would you do on 12:00 - Jul 17 by ladyjack

Police are prosecuting people like heck based on these videos apparently, I was only reading about it the other day.

Yes it provides them with a more steady stream of income than pesky financially unrewarding tasks like burglary and stabbings so they are ruthlessly efficient.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What would you do on 12:17 - Jul 17 with 1322 viewsladyjack

What would you do on 18:06 - Jul 15 by majorraglan

If someone makes a genuine mistake that’s one thing, but if it’s deliberate and dangerous I’d have no hesitation in reporting them.

In Wales it’s these guys.

https://gosafe.org/faq/operation-snap/

That's just it, if its a genuine mistake that is unlikely to be repeated that is one thing, but if its deliberate that is another thing.
If its deliberate and they are caught on film by a member of the public then ok, if its a mistake and the police catch them then guilty is guilty in the eyes of the law then ok but if its a genuine mistake and a member of the public is dobbing them in, then although there is nothing wrong with that, I would be uneasy about it.

People drive after their mother has just died, they are rushing to see somebody in hospital on their last legs, late for a vital job interview, coming back from the vets after their dog has just been put down etc etc - all breaking the law and all could result in an accident but lots of people have made mistakes in these types of scenarios.
99.9% of motorists make mistakes and in nearly every case those dobbing in on these sites have also made mistakes so although I don't think they are doing the wrong think I am uncomfortable with them doing it.

I would think you would have an idea in lots of circumstances if it was deliberate or if it was a possible mistake.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 12:28]
What would you do on 13:32 - Jul 17 with 1289 viewsAlfieMooresSon

What would you do on 12:17 - Jul 17 by ladyjack

That's just it, if its a genuine mistake that is unlikely to be repeated that is one thing, but if its deliberate that is another thing.
If its deliberate and they are caught on film by a member of the public then ok, if its a mistake and the police catch them then guilty is guilty in the eyes of the law then ok but if its a genuine mistake and a member of the public is dobbing them in, then although there is nothing wrong with that, I would be uneasy about it.

People drive after their mother has just died, they are rushing to see somebody in hospital on their last legs, late for a vital job interview, coming back from the vets after their dog has just been put down etc etc - all breaking the law and all could result in an accident but lots of people have made mistakes in these types of scenarios.
99.9% of motorists make mistakes and in nearly every case those dobbing in on these sites have also made mistakes so although I don't think they are doing the wrong think I am uncomfortable with them doing it.

I would think you would have an idea in lots of circumstances if it was deliberate or if it was a possible mistake.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 12:28]

It's usually sad bellends that drive down the middle lanes of empty motorways with those fecking camera's, i'm going to tell on you because you flashed me, fecking idiots!

The Police should charge them with wasting Police time!
What would you do on 13:32 - Jul 17 with 1288 viewsAlfieMooresSon

What would you do on 11:51 - Jul 17 by Highjack

I think we've found our mysterious 4x4 driver lads.

Login to get fewer ads

What would you do on 13:35 - Jul 17 with 1283 viewsNotLoyal

What would you do on 10:19 - Jul 17 by controversial_jack

Are you in the police ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What would you do on 19:10 - Jul 17 with 1234 viewscontroversial_jack

What would you do on 13:35 - Jul 17 by NotLoyal

Are you in the police ?

No!
What would you do on 19:26 - Jul 17 with 1223 viewsladyjack

Im hearing that people are getting jailed after being bubbled by another motorist using a dashcam, not saying its wrong but it does seem to have a feel of East Germany about it.
What would you do on 19:54 - Jul 17 with 1196 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm guessing that you would be of a different opinion if one of your loved ones had been killed by a dick head driver mate.

The police are requesting this type of footage from people.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

What would you do on 02:02 - Jul 18 with 1154 viewshuwrichards57

What would you do on 19:26 - Jul 17 by ladyjack

Im hearing that people are getting jailed after being bubbled by another motorist using a dashcam, not saying its wrong but it does seem to have a feel of East Germany about it.

Don't break the law then?
What would you do on 05:51 - Jul 18 with 1128 viewsSwanDownUnder

This is a piss take right?
What would you do on 05:57 - Jul 18 with 1126 viewsPacemaker

What would you do on 10:19 - Jul 17 by controversial_jack

Operation Snap: 2,300 dashcam clips sent to police http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46424514

On the ball agan!

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

What would you do on 09:29 - Jul 18 with 1092 viewsJoe_bradshaw

What would you do on 19:26 - Jul 17 by ladyjack

I doubt that many if any have been jailed. Prosecuted definitely but you only tend to get jailed for driving offences if you’ve killed someone.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

What would you do on 10:18 - Jul 19 with 997 viewscontroversial_jack

What would you do on 05:57 - Jul 18 by Pacemaker

Operation Snap: 2,300 dashcam clips sent to police http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46424514

On the ball agan!

Action was taken in just a quarter of those submitted
What would you do on 11:50 - Jul 19 with 982 viewsBrynCartwright

Guess the main obvious advantage of having in-vehicle cameras front and back is they prove culpability in insurance fraud cases; especially against those shitheads that brake suddenly for no reason in traffic ahead of you, looking for you to smash into them.

Also, some insurers will offer premium reductions if cameras are fitted...

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/gadgets-tech/dashcams-and-insurance-discoun

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

What would you do on 12:46 - Jul 19 with 967 viewsCountyJim

What would you do on 11:50 - Jul 19 by BrynCartwright

Guess the main obvious advantage of having in-vehicle cameras front and back is they prove culpability in insurance fraud cases; especially against those shitheads that brake suddenly for no reason in traffic ahead of you, looking for you to smash into them.

Also, some insurers will offer premium reductions if cameras are fitted...

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/gadgets-tech/dashcams-and-insurance-discoun

Back a few years back when I was working in Port Talbot I had knock on my door from police saying I had left the scene of an accident at bridgend on M4 they told me the time erc I was with my daughter at that time in Newport anyway about a week later I had a letter from south Wales police saying same thing but now a different time that I contacted security at Port Talbot steelworks and they confirmed I had badged in 20 minutes before the the time given so contacted the police they got in touch with Tata and I didn't hear from them again but I was still getting calls and knocks at door off solicitors it was very worrying at the time that is why since then I have got dashcam and kept it backed up on my PC since what a palarva but it does give me peace of mind
What would you do on 17:11 - Jul 19 with 925 viewsWarwickHunt

What would you do on 12:46 - Jul 19 by CountyJim

Back a few years back when I was working in Port Talbot I had knock on my door from police saying I had left the scene of an accident at bridgend on M4 they told me the time erc I was with my daughter at that time in Newport anyway about a week later I had a letter from south Wales police saying same thing but now a different time that I contacted security at Port Talbot steelworks and they confirmed I had badged in 20 minutes before the the time given so contacted the police they got in touch with Tata and I didn't hear from them again but I was still getting calls and knocks at door off solicitors it was very worrying at the time that is why since then I have got dashcam and kept it backed up on my PC since what a palarva but it does give me peace of mind

They were probably looking for the punctuation you stole. It's ok now, Jim, they've gone.
You can start using it again.
What would you do on 17:28 - Jul 19 with 913 viewsPacemaker

What would you do on 10:18 - Jul 19 by controversial_jack

Action was taken in just a quarter of those submitted

You stated Police won’t do a thing, that is apart from the ones where offences were committed.

Action was taken on all of them where an offence of some sort had been identified.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

What would you do on 17:39 - Jul 19 with 908 viewsMrSwerve

Just as said 4x4 ploughs into the side of your loved one’s car, putting them in hospital.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

What would you do on 17:40 - Jul 19 with 907 viewsMrSwerve

What would you do on 19:54 - Jul 17 by Neath_Jack

I'm guessing that you would be of a different opinion if one of your loved ones had been killed by a dick head driver mate.

The police are requesting this type of footage from people.

Sorry NJ missed this. Talking sense as usual.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

What would you do on 18:50 - Jul 19 with 870 viewscontroversial_jack

What would you do on 17:28 - Jul 19 by Pacemaker

You stated Police won’t do a thing, that is apart from the ones where offences were committed.

Action was taken on all of them where an offence of some sort had been identified.

For 3 out of every 4, nothing was done
What would you do on 18:56 - Jul 19 with 861 viewsmajorraglan

What would you do on 18:50 - Jul 19 by controversial_jack

For 3 out of every 4, nothing was done

Maybe they are using some of that old fashioned discretion they used to have and only going for the real dangerous drivers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024