Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exeter friendly Saturday 20th 15:59 - Jul 15 with 7401 viewskarnataka

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of going to this one.

Schools break up for summer on Friday. I live in Somerset about 5 miles from J22 on the M5 and I know from experience that the Saturday after the schools break up is the worst day of the year for southbound traffic on the M5 heading for holiday locations in Cornwall, Devon and Dorset and at its worst can be nose to tail from where the M4 & M49 join the M5 down as far as Exeter and beyond. There are alternative routes such as the A38 but these also get jammed in places like Bridgwater and Taunton by people trying to avoid the worst sections of the M5.

I wish I could offer advice on what to do but I'm sorry, I can't. My wife & I usually go into Burnham on Sea on Saturdays which is the other side of the M5 from us but we never go anywhere near it on the day after the schools break up or bank holidays and although I'd like to go, I probably won't be going to the Exeter game but there's always the Yeovil one tomorrow .

All I can say is, leave early, keep your fingers crossed, be prepared for a frustrating journey and good luck.

Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 17:59 - Jul 19 with 1544 viewsLibertarian

Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 13:18 - Jul 19 by horfieldjack

Anyone know if it’s ticket only or if you pay on the day

Yep

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/pay-day-exeter-city
Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 11:46 - Jul 20 with 1400 viewskarnataka

Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 16:22 - Jul 19 by stevethejack

Air Wales ran flights from there - I flew from there to Schipol for a Dutch pre-season tour (think it was 2004). Got to Fairwood to find the team were on the same flight (Kenny Jackett days). Managed to wangle a lift on the team coach to Noordwijk and they dropped me near my cheapie hotel, while they carried onto their posh hotel. After the Den Haag game, managed to get a lift back to Noordwijk for 3 of us on the team coach again.

At Schipol Airport on the way back, Kenny saw my flag and got all the players to sign it, an extremely nice guy.

I agree about Kenny being a good bloke. We played a friendly at Weston super Mare during his tenure and when Kenny saw my son collecting autographs, he invited him to sit in the dugout in between Monk and Willy Gueret!
Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 12:11 - Jul 20 with 1372 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 11:46 - Jul 20 by karnataka

I agree about Kenny being a good bloke. We played a friendly at Weston super Mare during his tenure and when Kenny saw my son collecting autographs, he invited him to sit in the dugout in between Monk and Willy Gueret!

That’s the same sort of story I hear repeated about Jackett, that he’s a generous character. Such a shame he wasn’t fully appreciated at the time, he came within a whisker of back to back promotions .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 13:56 - Jul 20 with 1301 viewsBadlands

Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 12:11 - Jul 20 by Brynmill_Jack

That’s the same sort of story I hear repeated about Jackett, that he’s a generous character. Such a shame he wasn’t fully appreciated at the time, he came within a whisker of back to back promotions .

TBF he did really well for us but ran out of steam and needed some managerial / coaching support or to leave the he did.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 14:34 - Jul 20 with 1223 viewsJack59

Exeter friendly Saturday 20th on 11:12 - Jul 19 by controversial_jack

Was it ever a passenger airline? I can only remember it as a private airport

The Airline Company operating at Fairwood in the sixties was Dan Air.
Commonly known as 'Dan Dare' to many of it's passengers and competitors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024