Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dogs in this weather left in cars. 20:26 - Jul 16 with 797 viewsdickythorpe

I'm sure we had great advice on here a few years ago. Heard of a poor dog nearly dying today.

Just to summarise is the best thing to do...

A) phone the police and tell them you're thinking of smashing a car window so dog can get air

B) just phone the police

C) phone RSPCA

D) take a photo of car with dog and car reg clearly visible
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 20:27]
Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 20:29 - Jul 16 with 783 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ve had a number of arguments over the years with people who do this. Thankfully it’s far less prevalent than it used to be but still happens. It grinds my gears like little else.

Poll: Tory leader

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 20:38 - Jul 16 with 761 viewslondonlisa2001

It’s easy. Take a picture. Call the police to protect yourself. Get witnesses if possible. Smash the window of their car. Without waiting. Stuff them.
Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 20:42 - Jul 16 with 751 viewsdickythorpe

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 20:38 - Jul 16 by londonlisa2001

It’s easy. Take a picture. Call the police to protect yourself. Get witnesses if possible. Smash the window of their car. Without waiting. Stuff them.

I think that is what I remember Lisa. Bloody irresponsible twßts!
Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 21:36 - Jul 16 with 701 viewssainthelens

Been proven if you leave an alsation in a car in hot weather with the windows up, it'll die in 14 mins.
But I found if you leave the heating on, you can get it down to about 4. !!.
Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 21:58 - Jul 16 with 675 viewsbuilthjack

Just smash the window

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 08:04 - Jul 17 with 606 viewsSirjohnalot

Criminal Damage offers a defence of reasonable excuse or lawful authority. If a person were to see a dog in a car, took a picture, called 999, confirmed the police were more than a couple of minutes away, told the police of your intent that you thought if you didn’t act the dog would die, I cannot see how you’d be arrested. Even if you were, you’d unlikely be charged as it wouldn’t be in the public interest.
Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 08:10 - Jul 17 with 601 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 08:04 - Jul 17 by Sirjohnalot

Criminal Damage offers a defence of reasonable excuse or lawful authority. If a person were to see a dog in a car, took a picture, called 999, confirmed the police were more than a couple of minutes away, told the police of your intent that you thought if you didn’t act the dog would die, I cannot see how you’d be arrested. Even if you were, you’d unlikely be charged as it wouldn’t be in the public interest.

Not worth the risk they could nick you, the owner could say they left the dog for 1 minute only?

I would follow the advice above and only smash the window as a last resort if the dog was really looking bad.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 8:11]
Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 15:27 - Jul 17 with 523 viewsSTID2017

My dog pants even if I have the air conditioning on or leave all the windows open while I'm driving.
Anyone who leave a dog in the car in this weather for more than say a minute, paying for petrol or something, should be locked up for animal cruelty

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 15:36 - Jul 17 with 520 viewslondonlisa2001

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 08:10 - Jul 17 by AlfieMooresSon

Not worth the risk they could nick you, the owner could say they left the dog for 1 minute only?

I would follow the advice above and only smash the window as a last resort if the dog was really looking bad.

It only takes a few minutes for the temperature inside the car to become life threatening to a dog.

To be honest, if I saw a dog inside a car suffering in this heat I’d take my chances as far as prosecution was concerned. If I was fined, so be it.
Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 16:06 - Jul 17 with 502 viewsHighjack

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 08:10 - Jul 17 by AlfieMooresSon

Yeah if you could find the owner to unlock it would be preferable. Smashing your way in would terrify any dog who could then go on to cut themselves on the broken glass.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 18:10 - Jul 17 with 437 viewsWxmJax

Dogs in this weather left in cars. on 21:36 - Jul 16 by sainthelens

Been proven if you leave an alsation in a car in hot weather with the windows up, it'll die in 14 mins.
But I found if you leave the heating on, you can get it down to about 4. !!.

You looking for a ban ? A lot of people love dogs on here, but since Ki left, they've probably done the same.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024