Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bang 11:58 - Jul 17 with 948 viewsladyjack

Top marks from me for the Bang tv series, good story line, well acted and Port Talbot was a great location for a hard hitting gritty, earthy crime drama.
Bang on 13:21 - Jul 17 with 931 viewsNotLoyal

I prefer programmes that reflect reality not glorify nonsense.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bang on 13:27 - Jul 17 with 927 viewsDarran

I watched a couple of them the other day.
Let’s be brutally honest about it,it’s one of the worst dramas ever to appear on the BBC with utterly dreadful acting.
A complete and utter embarrassment to Wales. Pobl y Cwm on crack.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bang on 13:30 - Jul 17 with 918 viewsWarwickHunt

Bang on 13:27 - Jul 17 by Darran

I watched a couple of them the other day.
Let’s be brutally honest about it,it’s one of the worst dramas ever to appear on the BBC with utterly dreadful acting.
A complete and utter embarrassment to Wales. Pobl y Cwm on crack.

If trampie likes it, it must be shite.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 13:30]
Bang on 13:34 - Jul 17 with 906 viewsraynor94

A total embarrassment to Wales, the acting and the storyline were truly appalling

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bang on 13:35 - Jul 17 with 905 viewsDarran

Bang on 13:30 - Jul 17 by WarwickHunt

If trampie likes it, it must be shite.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 13:30]

It’s the only programme to make Port Talbot look worse and that takes some doing.

Bang on 13:39 - Jul 17 with 901 viewsstevethejack

I enjoyed it, downloaded and binge watched. Tried not to read the subtitles to keep my Welsh up to scratch, huge number of English words thrown in the middle of the Welsh dialogue.
Bang on 13:58 - Jul 17 with 880 viewsladyjack

Bang on 13:21 - Jul 17 by NotLoyal

I prefer programmes that reflect reality not glorify nonsense.

As crime dramas go it was believable, Killing Eve story lines are nonsense - with characters surviving multiple stabbings etc, being totally outnumbered and coming out on top, dodging bullets etc.
Bang was nothing like that, perfectly believable on an episode by episode basis with most of the people that did things caught.

It did show Port Talbot in a rough light, there are seedy parts and seedy characters in most towns and Port Talbot is no different to elsewhere on that score, but there was nothing that was not plausible for a crime drama, it also showed some of Port Talbot's atmospheric and scenic charm.
Bang on 14:34 - Jul 17 with 855 viewsladyjack

There was some talk of a second series of Bang but I haven't seen anything mentioned for a while now, apparently the show just like other Welsh noir type shows has sold all over the World.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 14:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Bang on 15:09 - Jul 17 with 834 viewsNotLoyal

Bang on 13:58 - Jul 17 by ladyjack

As crime dramas go it was believable, Killing Eve story lines are nonsense - with characters surviving multiple stabbings etc, being totally outnumbered and coming out on top, dodging bullets etc.
Bang was nothing like that, perfectly believable on an episode by episode basis with most of the people that did things caught.

It did show Port Talbot in a rough light, there are seedy parts and seedy characters in most towns and Port Talbot is no different to elsewhere on that score, but there was nothing that was not plausible for a crime drama, it also showed some of Port Talbot's atmospheric and scenic charm.

Characters have to be souped up or there is no scope for drama, they need to balance this with the publics desire for escapism. It over did that I'm afraid.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bang on 15:47 - Jul 17 with 813 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Bang on 14:34 - Jul 17 by ladyjack

There was some talk of a second series of Bang but I haven't seen anything mentioned for a while now, apparently the show just like other Welsh noir type shows has sold all over the World.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 14:53]

2nd series has been commissioned

Bang on 17:08 - Jul 17 with 773 viewsladyjack

Bang on 15:09 - Jul 17 by NotLoyal

Characters have to be souped up or there is no scope for drama, they need to balance this with the publics desire for escapism. It over did that I'm afraid.

I don't think they over did it at all, there are and have been many bad characters from Port Talbot [just like other places] as well as many good ones.
Bang on 17:31 - Jul 17 with 755 viewsDarran

Bang on 17:08 - Jul 17 by ladyjack

I don't think they over did it at all, there are and have been many bad characters from Port Talbot [just like other places] as well as many good ones.

You don’t think the character that sat in his garden on a settee drinking cans was overdone?
Yeah ok then and you can add to that what a dreadful actor he was too.

Bang on 17:44 - Jul 17 with 747 viewsladyjack

Bang on 17:31 - Jul 17 by Darran

You don’t think the character that sat in his garden on a settee drinking cans was overdone?
Yeah ok then and you can add to that what a dreadful actor he was too.

No I don't, I thought it was a typical sand rabbit before I realised it was Taibach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024