Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton 22:17 - Jul 17 with 4671 viewsFlashberryjack

Going to her funeral tomorrow.
A Swans season ticket holder, Val lost her battle with Cancer last week.
She struggled, but managed to make it to nearly every home game last season despite suffering the debilitating effects of her chemo, but after all she was going through, she still keep cheerful and enjoyed a drink and a laugh with us at the Riverside bar before and after the game.

She really was one hell of a strong girl with a wicked sense of humour, right up to the last. On her deathbed she told her husband she wanted to be buried in her wedding dress, and when her husband told her it wouldn't fit her now, she replied "get my Swans shirt signed by Nathan Dyer then" he did, and she actually passed away in it, and will also be buried in tomorrow.

At least she lasted long enough to see the birth of her first grandchild, something that brought her great comfort but at the same time great sadness knowing that she would not see her grow up.

No matter which of our players leave in the future, none will be missed by me on match days more than I will miss Val.

Rest in peace Val Y.J.B.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 16:48 - Jul 19 with 1017 viewsdickythorpe

That's a great Val and Nathan Dyer story Flash. He must have thought "what a Header!"

Nice to see a bright side after a sad time.
R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 20:07 - Jul 19 with 926 viewsFireboy2

R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 15:20 - Jul 19 by Flashberryjack

We gave Val one hell of a send off yesterday, even though it was such a sad occasion we had many laughs of some of the things she would say and do.

One of the stories told was when she wanted to go to the Swans shop because Nathan Dyer was there, her husband was reluctant to take her as she'd only had her chemo the day before, but she insisted on going anyway.

Not long after getting to the club shop she had a funny turn and fainted, an ambulance was called and when they arrived the para medics placed her on a stretcher just as she was coming round, she suddenly shouted "where's Nathan Dyer "

Someone must have told Nathan that she had come down especially see to see him, because he came over and knelt down by her side to see if she was OK, Val then told her husband to take a photo of her laid out on the stretcher and Nathan knelt down by her side with a big grin and giving the two thumbs up sign.
We all thought it hilarious, but she absolutely treasured the photo.

Many thanks to all for your very kind messages of condolence, which I passed on to Eddie her husband at Ystradgynlais R.F.C where the wake was held, he said that Val would be absolutely thrilled to have made the pages of "Planet Swans"

Thanks for that Flash, its a great story.

Wish i had known Val.
R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 20:45 - Jul 19 with 898 viewsjack2jack

RIP Val.
R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 21:00 - Jul 19 with 878 viewsWarwickHunt

We gave Val one hell of a send off yesterday, even though it was such a sad occasion we had many laughs of some of the things she would say and do.

One of the stories told was when she wanted to go to the Swans shop because Nathan Dyer was there, her husband was reluctant to take her as she'd only had her chemo the day before, but she insisted on going anyway.

Not long after getting to the club shop she had a funny turn and fainted, an ambulance was called and when they arrived the para medics placed her on a stretcher just as she was coming round, she suddenly shouted "where's Nathan Dyer "

Someone must have told Nathan that she had come down especially see to see him, because he came over and knelt down by her side to see if she was OK, Val then told her husband to take a photo of her laid out on the stretcher and Nathan knelt down by her side with a big grin and giving the two thumbs up sign.

Many thanks to all for your very kind messages of condolence, which I passed on to Eddie her husband at Ystradgynlais R.F.C where the wake was held, he said that Val would be absolutely thrilled to have made the pages of "Planet Swans"

What a wonderful woman!

RIP, YJB.
R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 22:22 - Jul 19 with 821 viewsJack_Meoff

Quality Flash, as is your OP.

RIP Val

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 00:26 - Jul 20 with 779 viewsNotLoyal

R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 20:07 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

Thanks for that Flash, its a great story.

Wish i had known Val.

Sometimes even planet swans brings a year to the eye.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 14:44 - Jul 20 with 679 viewsFlashberryjack

R.I.P Val Davies nee Hopton on 16:48 - Jul 19 by dickythorpe

That's a great Val and Nathan Dyer story Flash. He must have thought "what a Header!"

Nice to see a bright side after a sad time.

He must have, and she was.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024