Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's be honest 22:22 - Jul 18 with 11628 viewsNotLoyal

These fücking idiots aren't going to pay for any player regardless of what they say. A free here and their and a loan at best, fück me anyone could run a business like that with no investment. No better than silver twãtting shield or Petty.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Let's be honest on 21:24 - Jul 19 with 1246 viewsCooperman

Let's be honest on 21:21 - Jul 19 by Chief

If they aren't cancel their contracts or don't pay them

If only it was that easy.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Let's be honest on 21:36 - Jul 19 with 1195 viewsSwanseaman

Let's be honest on 20:47 - Jul 19 by Chief

Let's play them then!

Mutual benefit for them to play and try and impress

The reason we don't play them is because they are such a negative influence on the dressing room. the club doesn't want them bringing the rest of the team down.

I don't think we let them training with the first team either?

I have to admit Jordan was really good on his day, but they have to go, one way or another

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Let's be honest on 21:41 - Jul 19 with 1180 viewsChief

Let's be honest on 21:24 - Jul 19 by Cooperman

If only it was that easy.

It's about as easy as them 'refusing to play'. If indeed any of them actually are.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Let's be honest on 21:42 - Jul 19 with 1179 viewsChief

Let's be honest on 21:36 - Jul 19 by Swanseaman

The reason we don't play them is because they are such a negative influence on the dressing room. the club doesn't want them bringing the rest of the team down.

I don't think we let them training with the first team either?

I have to admit Jordan was really good on his day, but they have to go, one way or another

How do we know they are bad influences in the dressing room?

Let's be honest on 21:43 - Jul 19 with 1178 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest on 21:42 - Jul 19 by Chief

We don't, it's just the assumption in these parts.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let's be honest on 21:43 - Jul 19 with 1176 viewslonglostjack

Let's be honest on 19:10 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Number of reasons I reckon. Stupidity is probably the main one. I may be wrong, but I'm also vaguely aware of a tendency in American corporate culture for minority investors to get a bit sidelined, especially if they're not happy with the way things are going. Witness Kroenke largely ignoring Usmanov at Arsenal for another example.

Agree. I would say though there’s always been a problem of US managers lacking any cultural sensitivity. As for the corporate side of it the bottom line is profit , which may or may not be a good thing. I think they’re running a tight ship to present a solid Balance Sheet for prospective buyers. If we’re in with a chance of promotion they’ll raise money through a rights issue. That’s the balancing act that they’re playing at the moment I reckon.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Let's be honest on 21:47 - Jul 19 with 1160 viewsChief

Let's be honest on 21:43 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Well Potter seemed happy enough with Montero last season, last summer the Ayews did actually report for pre season training, there was pictures of them and Baston reported this year so it's rubbish I think.

Just a case of the club wanting off the wage bill

Let's be honest on 21:48 - Jul 19 with 1154 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest on 21:43 - Jul 19 by longlostjack

Agree. I would say though there’s always been a problem of US managers lacking any cultural sensitivity. As for the corporate side of it the bottom line is profit , which may or may not be a good thing. I think they’re running a tight ship to present a solid Balance Sheet for prospective buyers. If we’re in with a chance of promotion they’ll raise money through a rights issue. That’s the balancing act that they’re playing at the moment I reckon.

Whatever reason they might want to present a solid balance sheet for is a good one. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to run a club at a loss.

Tend to agree that they're at a bit of a crossroads. Their best option is to return us to the PL and then sell, and a strong chance of that might loosen the purse strings. Otherwise it's in their interests to keep us debt free and stable in case any prospective buyers come along.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Let's be honest on 21:49 - Jul 19 with 1153 viewsSwanseaman

Let's be honest on 21:42 - Jul 19 by Chief

that's what i've heard

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Let's be honest on 21:54 - Jul 19 with 1141 viewsFireboy2

Let's be honest on 20:43 - Jul 19 by Cooperman

FAO: Whoever doesn’t get it
Subject: Please read above

The doc talks sense coops.
Let's be honest on 22:02 - Jul 19 with 1111 viewsGaryjack

Let's be honest on 21:43 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

I Don't think they are a bad influence in the dressing room as such. It's more of a case of having players in the squad who don't want to be here earning a shed full more than others who are busting a gut to give their all. It's not a good mix is it?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 22:05]
Let's be honest on 22:03 - Jul 19 with 1113 viewsTNT

Stick the Ayews and Montero in a fans forum to bear the brunt of the fans, stick them on the bench at Yeovil, do something to give them a rough ride ffs.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Let's be honest on 22:06 - Jul 19 with 1107 viewsSwanseaman

Let's be honest on 22:02 - Jul 19 by Garyjack

I Don't think they are a bad influence in the dressing room as such. It's more of a case of having players in the squad who don't want to be here earning a shed full more than others who are busting a gut to give their all. It's not a good mix is it?

i think it's more of just a negative influence. they don't really want to playing for us, they don't want to be playing in the championship, and we have a really positive atmosphere at the moment.

Let's be honest on 22:07 - Jul 19 with 1100 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest on 22:02 - Jul 19 by Garyjack

Agree completely.

They don't want to be here, we don't want them here. It's in everyone's best interests for them not to be so.

Let's be honest on 22:08 - Jul 19 with 1086 views34dfgdf54

Let's be honest on 21:20 - Jul 19 by Cooperman

You’re assuming that they are willing to pull on the white shirt of Swansea City AFC. I’m not sure that they are.

Sorry but that’s another myth peddled on here regularly.
Let's be honest on 22:12 - Jul 19 with 1075 viewsGaryjack

Let's be honest on 22:07 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Agree completely.

They don't want to be here, we don't want them here. It's in everyone's best interests for them not to be so.

So it's not a good idea to be playing them if they are here then is it?
Let's be honest on 22:13 - Jul 19 with 1070 viewsTNT

Let's be honest on 22:07 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Agree completely.

Give them a toothbrush to clean the higher reaches of the outside of The Liberty, anything rather than have them laugh at us all from a distance, taking the proverbial.

Let's be honest on 22:16 - Jul 19 with 1061 viewsGaryjack

Let's be honest on 22:08 - Jul 19 by 34dfgdf54

Sorry but that’s another myth peddled on here regularly.

Agreed, i bet Andre in particular can't wait to pull on the shirt for the forthcoming season, and let's not forget Baston who wanted out after 2 months here!
Let's be honest on 22:17 - Jul 19 with 1057 viewsjasper_T

Let's be honest on 22:13 - Jul 19 by TNT

Give them a toothbrush to clean the higher reaches of the outside of The Liberty, anything rather than have them laugh at us all from a distance, taking the proverbial.

Surprisingly football contracts these days don't let you force players to do odd jobs, as punishment or otherwise.
Let's be honest on 22:20 - Jul 19 with 1036 viewsBadlands

Let's be honest on 17:14 - Jul 19 by bluey_the_blue

DC United are a safer investment due to not facing the prospect of wildly variable income due to no relegation threat.

DC United player wages - 2019 = £8,458,475
(includes Rooney's £2,800,444)
Their entire player wage bill for 2019 is less than wages we were paying Fernandez, Fabianski and Ki.
Per year from 2019
Audi naming rights = £3.6 million, Shirt sponsorship £2.4 million, Coca-Cola c £1.6 million
Three main sponsorships cover c 90% of the wage costs.
Although DC United's operating costs in 2018 was just £21 million (a loss of £4.8 million) TV rights, other franchise sales in the stadium, ticket sales etc and DC United are comfortably paying its way.

At the end of last season by selling, loaning and end of loan period we saved more than £30 million on wages or 3 seasons for DC United!

No comparison really.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Let's be honest on 22:20 - Jul 19 with 1036 viewsbluey_the_blue

Let's be honest on 21:41 - Jul 19 by Chief

It's about as easy as them 'refusing to play'. If indeed any of them actually are.

Yeah, you can't arbitrarily cancel a contract unilaterally if you don't want a player anymore.

Only way you could would be if the player substantially breached the contract.
Let's be honest on 22:21 - Jul 19 with 1035 viewslonglostjack

Let's be honest on 22:03 - Jul 19 by TNT

Stick the Ayews and Montero in a fans forum to bear the brunt of the fans, stick them on the bench at Yeovil, do something to give them a rough ride ffs.

Exactly. Get them training with the U23’s . If they need a break from training after that Africa Cup malarkey they should be sat down signing shirts in the Quadrant. Who’s paying their salaries FFS ? It all went wrong after Bosman. Pandered big kids. Catch up at PNE game mate.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 22:27]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Let's be honest on 22:24 - Jul 19 with 1029 viewsTNT

Let's be honest on 22:17 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

Surprisingly football contracts these days don't let you force players to do odd jobs, as punishment or otherwise.

You get the drift though, Jasp.

These spongers got us relegated because they weren't good enough. Now, those of us still here, have to suffer the fall out for years to come, while they lord it up and continue to rake in the cash. They're laughing at you.

Let's be honest on 22:28 - Jul 19 with 1002 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest on 22:12 - Jul 19 by Garyjack

So it's not a good idea to be playing them if they are here then is it?

One thing doesn't exclude the other.

If they're here and we're paying them then use them. If they can be elsewhere and not costing us anything then that's good too.

Let's be honest on 22:50 - Jul 19 with 949 viewsGaryjack

Let's be honest on 22:28 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

One thing doesn't exclude the other.

If they're here and we're paying them then use them. If they can be elsewhere and not costing us anything then that's good too.

Of course it does in this context. I'm truly amazed that you think any of the three could make a positive contribution to our team if they are here next season! I'm even more shocked that you think there may be a possibility of them playing somewhere else and not costing us anything in wages. You know the score, there's not a chance in hell of that happening! So let's just rewind a few hours when you were posting sensible stuff about financial prudence is it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024