Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's be honest 22:22 - Jul 18 with 11630 viewsNotLoyal

These fücking idiots aren't going to pay for any player regardless of what they say. A free here and their and a loan at best, fück me anyone could run a business like that with no investment. No better than silver twãtting shield or Petty.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Let's be honest on 23:09 - Jul 19 with 1829 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest on 22:50 - Jul 19 by Garyjack

Of course it does in this context. I'm truly amazed that you think any of the three could make a positive contribution to our team if they are here next season! I'm even more shocked that you think there may be a possibility of them playing somewhere else and not costing us anything in wages. You know the score, there's not a chance in hell of that happening! So let's just rewind a few hours when you were posting sensible stuff about financial prudence is it?

You don't think a player of the ability of Jordan Ayew could make a positive contribution if here next season?

OK. Weird, but OK.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let's be honest on 23:15 - Jul 19 with 1798 viewsGaryjack

Let's be honest on 23:09 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

You don't think a player of the ability of Jordan Ayew could make a positive contribution if here next season?

OK. Weird, but OK.

Jordan Ayew wont be here next season and you know that. If you think his brother Andre, Borja Baston and Jefferson Monterro can, then that's really fvckin weird, but it's ok!
Let's be honest on 23:52 - Jul 19 with 1754 viewsPentyrchJack

We start the season 2 weeks tomorrow and the level of transfer activity is even quieter than in Gonzo's time (going from bad to worse).

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Let's be honest on 23:56 - Jul 19 with 1752 viewslonglostjack

Let's be honest on 23:52 - Jul 19 by PentyrchJack

We start the season 2 weeks tomorrow and the level of transfer activity is even quieter than in Gonzo's time (going from bad to worse).

Would be nice but sometimes it’s more important to keep what you’ve got.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Let's be honest on 05:37 - Jul 20 with 1695 viewsjack247

Let's be honest on 22:07 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Agree completely.

They don't want to be here, we don't want them here. It's in everyone's best interests for them not to be so.

Skim read this thread and took me a minute to realise the topic had shifted from Levein and Kaplan to the Ayews and Baston. Either way I agree.
Let's be honest on 07:14 - Jul 20 with 1658 views34dfgdf54

Let's be honest on 22:16 - Jul 19 by Garyjack

Agreed, i bet Andre in particular can't wait to pull on the shirt for the forthcoming season, and let's not forget Baston who wanted out after 2 months here!

There’s a difference between not wanting to be here, and refusing to play.

Like I said, myth.
Let's be honest on 07:19 - Jul 20 with 1653 views34dfgdf54

Let's be honest on 23:15 - Jul 19 by Garyjack

Jordan Ayew wont be here next season and you know that. If you think his brother Andre, Borja Baston and Jefferson Monterro can, then that's really fvckin weird, but it's ok!

Yeah it’s weird as f*ck thinking Montero can make a contribution....

If we have any takers then get rid, but if not he will earn us points through the season as he did last.

It does look like we won’t be able to get rid of Borja and Andre on permanents now, no clubs will touch them with a barge pole on the money they are earning here.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 8:05]
Let's be honest on 08:20 - Jul 20 with 1597 viewsCooperman

Let's be honest on 22:08 - Jul 19 by 34dfgdf54

Sorry but that’s another myth peddled on here regularly.

Willing to pull on the white shirt should be read as the full compliment of being arsed in training, making every effort to stay fit, going all out on the pitch to the point where the manager can’t afford to drop them.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Let's be honest on 09:49 - Jul 20 with 1532 views34dfgdf54

Let's be honest on 08:20 - Jul 20 by Cooperman

Willing to pull on the white shirt should be read as the full compliment of being arsed in training, making every effort to stay fit, going all out on the pitch to the point where the manager can’t afford to drop them.

Fair comment.

I don’t know the players personally, I can imagine the Ayew’s being bellends but personally can’t see Borja and Montero being a disruptive influence. Borja just wasn’t good enough and Montero always seemed a popular member of changing room just couldn’t stay fit.
Let's be honest on 10:25 - Jul 20 with 1501 viewsNotLoyal

Let's be honest on 07:19 - Jul 20 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah it’s weird as f*ck thinking Montero can make a contribution....

If we have any takers then get rid, but if not he will earn us points through the season as he did last.

It does look like we won’t be able to get rid of Borja and Andre on permanents now, no clubs will touch them with a barge pole on the money they are earning here.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 8:05]

Then they should be in the squad.

OK I've changed it.

Let's be honest on 10:56 - Jul 20 with 1475 viewsbuilthjack

If they p1ss about, just fine them a fortnights wages. Every time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Let's be honest on 11:30 - Jul 20 with 1428 viewsBadlands

Baston and Ayews are more than likely going to move out of English football and Montero probably won't get a work permit to move from us to another EFL club all of which means they / we have until the beginning of September to find or be found another club.
Pearlman and Birch have said that players have to leave before they replaced or savings made available to fund transfers in.

But, we still have the same problem as in previous seasons with players not keen to move way out west, especially as we can no longer pay over the odds.

Do we gamble on bringing players in and hope that fabulous four will leave? Or do we look at the squad and say - probably good enough and there's a further opportunity to bring younger player into the first team set up?

Why insult the owners and compare them with Petty when they are ensuring we are run as a stable financial model?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Let's be honest on 11:45 - Jul 20 with 1406 viewsIAN05

Let's be honest on 11:30 - Jul 20 by Badlands

Baston and Ayews are more than likely going to move out of English football and Montero probably won't get a work permit to move from us to another EFL club all of which means they / we have until the beginning of September to find or be found another club.
Pearlman and Birch have said that players have to leave before they replaced or savings made available to fund transfers in.

But, we still have the same problem as in previous seasons with players not keen to move way out west, especially as we can no longer pay over the odds.

Do we gamble on bringing players in and hope that fabulous four will leave? Or do we look at the squad and say - probably good enough and there's a further opportunity to bring younger player into the first team set up?

Why insult the owners and compare them with Petty when they are ensuring we are run as a stable financial model?

I agree it’s non-comparative to Petty but they are also the ones who got us in this mess with very poor managerial appointments, refusal to listen to anyone and committing us to some crazy deals like Bony, A.Ayew, Clucas etc.

These weren’t just unlucky signings they were crazy deals for W club like ours and we are paying a big price. After which skulking into the background and being nowhere to be seen since.
Let's be honest on 12:21 - Jul 20 with 1355 viewsSwanseaman

Let's be honest on 11:45 - Jul 20 by IAN05

I agree it’s non-comparative to Petty but they are also the ones who got us in this mess with very poor managerial appointments, refusal to listen to anyone and committing us to some crazy deals like Bony, A.Ayew, Clucas etc.

These weren’t just unlucky signings they were crazy deals for W club like ours and we are paying a big price. After which skulking into the background and being nowhere to be seen since.

at the time I actually thought Bony, and andre ayew could do really well for us, turned out that bony was not fit and had become very injury prone, ayew had no real hunger in him - we paid way too much for them

I'd prefer the americas to stay in the background now, leave everything up to birch, britton and curtis.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Let's be honest on 12:27 - Jul 20 with 1340 views34dfgdf54

Let's be honest on 10:25 - Jul 20 by NotLoyal

Then they should be in the squad.

I agree.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a goal bonus etc that needs to be waived.
Let's be honest on 13:01 - Jul 20 with 1308 viewsIAN05

Let's be honest on 12:21 - Jul 20 by Swanseaman

at the time I actually thought Bony, and andre ayew could do really well for us, turned out that bony was not fit and had become very injury prone, ayew had no real hunger in him - we paid way too much for them

I'd prefer the americas to stay in the background now, leave everything up to birch, britton and curtis.

Problem was that neither had played too much or performed to much of a standard for a couple of years but we agreed to pay salary and fees as if they were at the top of their games. Add that to the fact that neither had any resaleable value it was never going to pay off.

It all links back to the failure in recruitment set up as we had no strategy on the types of players we were going for or the positions we needed to fill. The Americans kneed this was a big problem when they arrived and they were told it enough times.
Let's be honest on 13:30 - Jul 20 with 1273 viewsdobjack2

Let's be honest on 11:30 - Jul 20 by Badlands

Rather than paying way over the odds in wages to get someone here (if we have to do that then you have to question whether they are/were the right players for our club and area) wouldn’t it be an idea to go for hungry players who want to play championship football now, improve as players, and maybe earn a move to the premier if we don’t get there.

The latter would be a much better fit for our club, along with shrewd loan signings, than trying to bring in overpaid mercenaries.
Let's be honest on 13:31 - Jul 20 with 1273 viewsSwanseaman

Let's be honest on 13:01 - Jul 20 by IAN05

Problem was that neither had played too much or performed to much of a standard for a couple of years but we agreed to pay salary and fees as if they were at the top of their games. Add that to the fact that neither had any resaleable value it was never going to pay off.

It all links back to the failure in recruitment set up as we had no strategy on the types of players we were going for or the positions we needed to fill. The Americans kneed this was a big problem when they arrived and they were told it enough times.

it did get crazy at the end, £15m for clucas, what was that all about.

the amounts they were willing to pay went through the roof, no forethought of ever being relegated, or they would have added clauses into the contracts.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Let's be honest on 13:47 - Jul 20 with 1250 viewsNotLoyal

It's very comparative to petty.

OK I've changed it.

Let's be honest on 13:53 - Jul 20 with 1234 viewsBadlands

Let's be honest on 13:30 - Jul 20 by dobjack2

Rather than paying way over the odds in wages to get someone here (if we have to do that then you have to question whether they are/were the right players for our club and area) wouldn’t it be an idea to go for hungry players who want to play championship football now, improve as players, and maybe earn a move to the premier if we don’t get there.

The latter would be a much better fit for our club, along with shrewd loan signings, than trying to bring in overpaid mercenaries.

Agree - but even hungry players from lower leagues can find Championship clubs closer to their roots or nearer their areas of social presence.
It is a genuine problem.

Let's be honest on 14:00 - Jul 20 with 1216 viewsBadlands

The mistake they made was leaving any of the old administration in place but they did in good faith that Jenkins and others knew the club, league and players.
They are hands off they are abused.
They take decisions - they're abused.

Clubs get relegated - bigger, more successful better supported clubs than us.
We have no right to by in the Premier League and a growing number of people I speak to rather be successful in the Championship than watch season after season of clinging on at the bottom end of the table.

If you really want them gone find the money to buy them out or find a buyer to buy them out.
Then complain about them as well.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 14:02]

Let's be honest on 14:06 - Jul 20 with 1204 viewsdobjack2

Let's be honest on 13:53 - Jul 20 by Badlands

Agree - but even hungry players from lower leagues can find Championship clubs closer to their roots or nearer their areas of social presence.
It is a genuine problem.

Don’t disagree. For it to work we need the right coach/manager to sell the club and what we are trying to do to the player and recruitment that is also focused on what we are trying to do on the pitch to identify the players in the first place.

Needs hard work and a joined up approach on and off the pitch.
Let's be honest on 14:07 - Jul 20 with 1202 viewsBadlands

Let's be honest on 07:12 - Jul 19 by Swans9

Mc burnie will be the next to go sad times for our club. Hope we get new owners before there is nothing left to sell.

Sad times are when we are bankrupt, paying creditors 10p in the £ and being thumped by the likes of Southport.
Every club in the world sells players.
Were Real Madrid in a sad place because they sold Ronaldo?
Get a grip.
If you want a club to support in the future get behind the owners to balance the books. It's how we were successful in the past and continued to be so until Monk convinced Jenkins to part with more money than we had and the slide started.

Let's be honest on 14:12 - Jul 20 with 1197 viewsIAN05

Let's be honest on 14:00 - Jul 20 by Badlands

The mistake they made was leaving any of the old administration in place but they did in good faith that Jenkins and others knew the club, league and players.
They are hands off they are abused.
They take decisions - they're abused.

Clubs get relegated - bigger, more successful better supported clubs than us.
We have no right to by in the Premier League and a growing number of people I speak to rather be successful in the Championship than watch season after season of clinging on at the bottom end of the table.

If you really want them gone find the money to buy them out or find a buyer to buy them out.
Then complain about them as well.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 14:02]

In fairness they were told time and time again that leaving the old administration in place would cripple us by the Trust and many others.

That said if you speak to those from the old administration they are telling everyone who listens that the issue is the Americans have no clue and that they wouldn’t listen to anything they said - so go figure !!

Getting relegated happens, no issue with that but the manner of it and the mess we were left with because of bad decision making and poor financial planning is what frustrates here.

The idea that you can’t moan unless you are willing to find a buyer or the money yourself is frankly quite silly.
Let's be honest on 18:53 - Jul 20 with 1101 viewsQJumpingJack

Lets remind ourselves of what Levien promised when he took over:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024