Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's be honest 22:22 - Jul 18 with 11631 viewsNotLoyal

These fücking idiots aren't going to pay for any player regardless of what they say. A free here and their and a loan at best, fück me anyone could run a business like that with no investment. No better than silver twãtting shield or Petty.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Let's be honest on 18:59 - Jul 20 with 1981 views34dfgdf54

Let's be honest on 22:16 - Jul 19 by Garyjack

Agreed, i bet Andre in particular can't wait to pull on the shirt for the forthcoming season, and let's not forget Baston who wanted out after 2 months here!

Fair dos to Borja then, put the graft in.

Like I said, another myth.
Let's be honest on 20:40 - Jul 20 with 1870 viewsGaryjack

Let's be honest on 18:59 - Jul 20 by 34dfgdf54

Fair dos to Borja then, put the graft in.

Like I said, another myth.

What's he done now then?

Edit: In fact what the fvck are you on about?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 21:07]
Let's be honest on 21:16 - Jul 20 with 1803 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Let's be honest on 07:35 - Jul 19 by trinityann

Would you rather gamble and spend with large debts or rebalance the books not spend but be debt free. I would rather the later.

Sure the argument isn’t where we are now but how we got here because of bad owners decisions na

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Let's be honest on 00:10 - Jul 21 with 1719 viewsNotLoyal

Let's be honest on 14:07 - Jul 20 by Badlands

Sad times are when we are bankrupt, paying creditors 10p in the £ and being thumped by the likes of Southport.
Every club in the world sells players.
Were Real Madrid in a sad place because they sold Ronaldo?
Get a grip.
If you want a club to support in the future get behind the owners to balance the books. It's how we were successful in the past and continued to be so until Monk convinced Jenkins to part with more money than we had and the slide started.

What books ? Where ?
What exact debts ?
Where ?
How much ?

OK I've changed it.

Let's be honest on 10:05 - Jul 21 with 1592 viewsBadlands

Let's be honest on 00:10 - Jul 21 by NotLoyal

What books ? Where ?
What exact debts ?
Where ?
How much ?

Seriously?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Let's be honest on 11:14 - Jul 21 with 1546 viewsjackrmee

Let's be honest on 21:00 - Jul 19 by Oldjack

I know exactly what's occurring and I and many many others will not ever be taken in by bullshyte, unlike yourself ,dreamer , I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them

their track record speaks for itself, Dav showed us that and that's why he left this forum

"their track record speaks for itself, Dav showed us that and that's why he left this forum"

Who's Dav?
What track record?
Why would that make him/her leave the forum?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Let's be honest on 11:17 - Jul 21 with 1540 viewsjackrmee

Let's be honest on 21:36 - Jul 19 by Swanseaman

The reason we don't play them is because they are such a negative influence on the dressing room. the club doesn't want them bringing the rest of the team down.

I don't think we let them training with the first team either?

I have to admit Jordan was really good on his day, but they have to go, one way or another

I don't think Montero is a negative influence, which showed with Potter wanting to get him fit anf firing for us last season.

Also, it doesn't seem like that with Borja this pre-season at least.

The Ayews on the other hand...

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Let's be honest on 11:19 - Jul 21 with 1540 viewsjackrmee

Let's be honest on 21:41 - Jul 19 by Chief

It's about as easy as them 'refusing to play'. If indeed any of them actually are.

I can't see any players actually refusing to play. And you can't not pay someone for having a bad attitude or sulking.

Login to get fewer ads

Let's be honest on 11:27 - Jul 21 with 1527 viewsjackrmee

Let's be honest on 22:50 - Jul 19 by Garyjack

Of course it does in this context. I'm truly amazed that you think any of the three could make a positive contribution to our team if they are here next season! I'm even more shocked that you think there may be a possibility of them playing somewhere else and not costing us anything in wages. You know the score, there's not a chance in hell of that happening! So let's just rewind a few hours when you were posting sensible stuff about financial prudence is it?

Money aside...
Montero can definitely make a positive contribution.
Borja seems to be training hard and could surely score goals at Championship level, with Cooper talking him up and giving him minutes pre season.

Let's be honest on 11:30 - Jul 21 with 1526 viewsjackrmee

Let's be honest on 09:49 - Jul 20 by 34dfgdf54

Fair comment.

I don’t know the players personally, I can imagine the Ayew’s being bellends but personally can’t see Borja and Montero being a disruptive influence. Borja just wasn’t good enough and Montero always seemed a popular member of changing room just couldn’t stay fit.

Agree with this.
Coopie has already said Borja is training hard.

Let's be honest on 11:41 - Jul 21 with 1522 viewsjackrmee

Let's be honest on 13:53 - Jul 20 by Badlands

Agree - but even hungry players from lower leagues can find Championship clubs closer to their roots or nearer their areas of social presence.
It is a genuine problem.

Not many with our pedigree of playing our way. OK we went off the rails after Monk, but it's coming back. That's attractive to young hungry players and they know that playing that way gives you an advantage in getting to the premier league, not only through that style getting the team up, but if that doesn't work, it can get you noticed as an individual player, if you knuckle down and improve.

I think Birch's plan for the structure of the club to be rooted in this can only make us more attractive to players and young managers alike.

Let's be honest on 11:47 - Jul 21 with 1513 viewsjackrmee

Let's be honest on 14:07 - Jul 20 by Badlands

Sad times are when we are bankrupt, paying creditors 10p in the £ and being thumped by the likes of Southport.
Every club in the world sells players.
Were Real Madrid in a sad place because they sold Ronaldo?
Get a grip.
If you want a club to support in the future get behind the owners to balance the books. It's how we were successful in the past and continued to be so until Monk convinced Jenkins to part with more money than we had and the slide started.

I agree with a lot of that.
I don't think the Yanks are as bad as we once thought and I do think getting the club on a financial even keel is the most important thing.
They've done great in bringing in Birch, but it's still difficult to support them for some reason. It just seems they don't care about the club or the fans. The way they went along with excluding the trust is another major issue for me.

I'm not saying they are the worst owners in the world, but I cannot support them.
I agree with what they're trying to do now in reconciling things, but I would like new owners at some point.
Not even owners who have money to plough in. Simply owners that care and support Swansea City.
IDeal would be for the Trust to get their payout and be in a position to buy the club at some point.

Let's be honest on 10:05 - Jul 22 with 1359 viewsBadlands

Let's be honest on 11:47 - Jul 21 by jackrmee

I don't think the Yanks are as bad as we once thought and I do think getting the club on a financial even keel is the most important thing.
They've done great in bringing in Birch, but it's still difficult to support them for some reason. It just seems they don't care about the club or the fans. The way they went along with excluding the trust is another major issue for me.

I'm not saying they are the worst owners in the world, but I cannot support them.
I agree with what they're trying to do now in reconciling things, but I would like new owners at some point.
Not even owners who have money to plough in. Simply owners that care and support Swansea City.
IDeal would be for the Trust to get their payout and be in a position to buy the club at some point.

It is what it is.
I believe they aren't as bad as is made out by some and much of he angers results from jealousy that made some of the old board £millions.
The current owners, including individuals and trust, need to get our finances sorted out. For whatever reasons, we were haemorrhaging money in the Premier League and it could be argued it would have got worse had we scrapped a reprieve in 2017. The Americans paid the club respect by allowing the management more or less to reman in place. They should have acted like he thoughtless money grabbers they are made out to be and started off with a clean slate.
Management will always be criticised, often for good reason sometimes not, but managing a business as diverse as a football club (let alone one in financial free-fall) is incredible difficult.
So the constant insults, calls for 'buy this, buy that' put your hands in your pocket that are made against the American consortium is, IMO, unfair.
IMO the American consortium has done nothing to stop me enjoying supporting the Swans. Infact we are modernising business wise after 12 years of standing still. OK, we aren't in the Premier League. But we have only been in the top League a few season in our history and have only done well for 5 seasons at the level. Personally I'd rather see us compete against Brentford than struggle against Everton. But I realise many fans now believe we have the god given right to be in the Premier League.
They have not trashed us, hey have not deceived anyone or taken megabucks out; they are acting responsibly and are our best hope of having a club in the upper divisions in 10 years time.
As Pearlman has said in the past, if you want to make a serious offer the consortium will listen. So when the moaners come up with a serious offer or a sensible and workable alternative I will probably support them.
As for the Trust!
What has it done for ordinary supporters?
Has the Trust made a 21% contribution to the development of the club? I think not.
When Jenkins realised it was time for change they made it clear they would never sell their shares - fair enough. But who was going to put money into a business where a 1/5 was owned by amateurs who were opposed to change?
The answer was no-one.
I dread to think where we would be had someone with experience of running a multi £million business come to the rescue.

Rant over.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Let's be honest on 20:12 - Jul 22 with 1239 viewsOldjack

Let's be honest on 11:47 - Jul 21 by jackrmee

Hmm ,in full knowledge whilst the Trust burnt ,they sat back and grinned ,I'll never ever trust them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Let's be honest on 20:23 - Jul 22 with 1232 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Let's be honest on 10:05 - Jul 22 by Badlands

It is what it is.
I believe they aren't as bad as is made out by some and much of he angers results from jealousy that made some of the old board £millions.
The current owners, including individuals and trust, need to get our finances sorted out. For whatever reasons, we were haemorrhaging money in the Premier League and it could be argued it would have got worse had we scrapped a reprieve in 2017. The Americans paid the club respect by allowing the management more or less to reman in place. They should have acted like he thoughtless money grabbers they are made out to be and started off with a clean slate.
Management will always be criticised, often for good reason sometimes not, but managing a business as diverse as a football club (let alone one in financial free-fall) is incredible difficult.
So the constant insults, calls for 'buy this, buy that' put your hands in your pocket that are made against the American consortium is, IMO, unfair.
IMO the American consortium has done nothing to stop me enjoying supporting the Swans. Infact we are modernising business wise after 12 years of standing still. OK, we aren't in the Premier League. But we have only been in the top League a few season in our history and have only done well for 5 seasons at the level. Personally I'd rather see us compete against Brentford than struggle against Everton. But I realise many fans now believe we have the god given right to be in the Premier League.
They have not trashed us, hey have not deceived anyone or taken megabucks out; they are acting responsibly and are our best hope of having a club in the upper divisions in 10 years time.
As Pearlman has said in the past, if you want to make a serious offer the consortium will listen. So when the moaners come up with a serious offer or a sensible and workable alternative I will probably support them.
As for the Trust!
What has it done for ordinary supporters?
Has the Trust made a 21% contribution to the development of the club? I think not.
When Jenkins realised it was time for change they made it clear they would never sell their shares - fair enough. But who was going to put money into a business where a 1/5 was owned by amateurs who were opposed to change?
The answer was no-one.
I dread to think where we would be had someone with experience of running a multi £million business come to the rescue.

Rant over.

First line - spot on - we are where we are.
Last paragraph - imagine a combo of Birch, Tutumulu and Laudrup. Cheap signings couple with sound financial management and the best football we’ve ever seen. (Sighs)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Let's be honest on 20:27 - Jul 22 with 1225 viewsGaz_M

Let's be honest on 00:10 - Jul 21 by NotLoyal

What books ? Where ?
What exact debts ?
Where ?
How much ?

Cretin.
Let's be honest on 08:52 - Jul 23 with 1111 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Let's be honest on 20:24 - Jul 19 by Fireboy2

Getting rid of the leeches that are the ayews and baston, montero are vital as being solvent is our no 1 priority, i will be very happy just to stay up this season.

Leeches, they are just seeing out their contract like most of us would?

I understand it doesn't suit us, but that's life, we messed up by giving them the contracts with no get-out clause, so now we have to accept that till they all go or run down their contracts!
Let's be honest on 09:12 - Jul 23 with 1085 viewsNotLoyal

Let's be honest on 20:27 - Jul 22 by Gaz_M

Cretin.

At Bristol tonight ?

OK I've changed it.

Let's be honest on 09:14 - Jul 23 with 1080 viewsNotLoyal

Let's be honest on 10:05 - Jul 21 by Badlands

Seriously?

Can you direct me to figures that confirm this ?

OK I've changed it.

Let's be honest on 09:54 - Jul 23 with 1027 viewsFireboy2

Let's be honest on 08:52 - Jul 23 by AlfieMooresSon

I understand it doesn't suit us, but that's life, we messed up by giving them the contracts with no get-out clause, so now we have to accept that till they all go or run down their contracts!

They are prepared not to play for us but still take the money, fvcking leeches imo alfie.

Its lucky there are teams who will pay part of their wages to take the cvnts off our hands, even if its on loan.
Let's be honest on 09:58 - Jul 23 with 1019 viewsLeonWasGod

Let's be honest on 08:52 - Jul 23 by AlfieMooresSon

If I had a short career that I supposedly loved, I'd be looking to find somewhere I could play, not just see out my contract. So not all of us would do what they're doing.

Agree with your second paragraph though. We made this mess, and some players are more interested in the money than playing the game (or there agents are). So it is what it is.
Let's be honest on 10:10 - Jul 23 with 1008 viewsLuther27

Let's be honest on 09:58 - Jul 23 by LeonWasGod

If I had a short career that I supposedly loved, I'd be looking to find somewhere I could play, not just see out my contract. So not all of us would do what they're doing.

Agree with your second paragraph though. We made this mess, and some players are more interested in the money than playing the game (or there agents are). So it is what it is.

That just about sums up the Premiership really.
Let's be honest on 15:13 - Jul 23 with 886 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Let's be honest on 09:54 - Jul 23 by Fireboy2

They are prepared not to play for us but still take the money, fvcking leeches imo alfie.

Its lucky there are teams who will pay part of their wages to take the cvnts off our hands, even if its on loan.

Very frustrating, we've made some mistakes, hopefully, some will move just for some self-respect, let's wait and see?
Let's be honest on 16:06 - Jul 23 with 849 viewsFireboy2

Let's be honest on 15:13 - Jul 23 by AlfieMooresSon

Very frustrating, we've made some mistakes, hopefully, some will move just for some self-respect, let's wait and see?

It is but they will only move if it suits them.

As you say it is frustrating but thats part of what you have to deal with in the PL.
Let's be honest on 16:45 - Jul 23 with 803 viewsCroftyjack

Let's be honest on 07:35 - Jul 19 by trinityann

Would you rather gamble and spend with large debts or rebalance the books not spend but be debt free. I would rather the later.

It's amazing how fake news and a bit of brainwashing can do.
So would you be happy going to your grave knowing that the club is still around despite actually participating in the reason it was born.
We go to see entertaining football and hope for success on the way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024