Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja - Change of Heart 16:46 - Jul 20 with 23522 viewsMagic_Michu

Is it a change of heart from both Swansea and Borja himself with him having a future at the club?

We certainly need a new striker... if we’re struggling to offload Borja... he might as well be play for us. Rather keep him than give him away for peanuts.

There must be a decent player in there somewhere.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Borja - Change of Heart on 23:26 - Jul 20 with 2770 viewsSwanseaman

Imagine Cooper could get Borja Bastón on form, him and Mcburnie together:

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 23:32 - Jul 20 with 2752 viewsbluenile

Borja - Change of Heart on 22:50 - Jul 20 by longlostjack

Mesa - that has to be one of the strangest stories in our mad recent history. No smoke without fire but never gave the ball away. Never really seemed to get a run for whatever reason. Hasn’t done much since either I think. Who was his agent?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 22:55]

Never gave the ball away? Jeez, I can still see the bench with their collective heads in their hands after he gave one away, causing us to concede a goal! But hey, don't let a bit of truth get in the way, huh?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 23:32]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Borja - Change of Heart on 23:37 - Jul 20 with 2727 viewsTailGunner

Huge wages, invisible impact since signed.
Get rid asap is the only answer

The worst business in our history.
Borja - Change of Heart on 00:05 - Jul 21 with 2674 viewsNeathJack

Borja - Change of Heart on 23:32 - Jul 20 by bluenile

Never gave the ball away? Jeez, I can still see the bench with their collective heads in their hands after he gave one away, causing us to concede a goal! But hey, don't let a bit of truth get in the way, huh?

Where he gave he ball away 50 yards from goal and Mawson backed off and backed off and backed off a bit more allowing the scoring chance you mean?
Borja - Change of Heart on 00:06 - Jul 21 with 2672 viewslonglostjack

Of course he gave the ball away.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:07 - Jul 21 with 2671 viewsNotLoyal

Change of heart ? Who the fück is running the club ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:10 - Jul 21 with 2666 viewslonglostjack

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:05 - Jul 21 by NeathJack

Where he gave he ball away 50 yards from goal and Mawson backed off and backed off and backed off a bit more allowing the scoring chance you mean?

Was trying too hard with little game time to fit in. Having said that - has he done anything since?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:12 - Jul 21 with 2659 viewsswan_si

Against Watford I think it was, we were shit 1st half got back to 1 all before he gave the ball away ( under hit pass ) just outside our box, Watford went on to score.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja - Change of Heart on 02:05 - Jul 21 with 2534 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:10 - Jul 21 by longlostjack

Was trying too hard with little game time to fit in. Having said that - has he done anything since?

Regular for Sevilla last year I believe, who finished 6th in La Liga.

I’m sure we were losing against Watford when he came on at half time, he was outstanding and we should have been out of site before him and Mawson’s mistake.
Borja - Change of Heart on 07:17 - Jul 21 with 2410 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Borja - Change of Heart on 02:05 - Jul 21 by 34dfgdf54

Regular for Sevilla last year I believe, who finished 6th in La Liga.

I’m sure we were losing against Watford when he came on at half time, he was outstanding and we should have been out of site before him and Mawson’s mistake.

He was at Alaves last season and Malaga the season before.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Borja - Change of Heart on 07:34 - Jul 21 with 2389 viewsN_T_J

A few fans behind the goal were singing for Borja to earn his money, he just started laughing, and a few of the other lads warming up were laughing along.
Borja - Change of Heart on 07:53 - Jul 21 with 2357 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 07:17 - Jul 21 by Joe_bradshaw

He was at Alaves last season and Malaga the season before.

The question was relating to Roque Mesa.
Borja - Change of Heart on 07:56 - Jul 21 with 2350 viewsKilkennyjack

Borja and Mesa - two unexplainable signings for me.

Why ?

Beware of the Risen People

Borja - Change of Heart on 08:58 - Jul 21 with 2231 viewsoldcob

If they sell Ollie for £15 million, and replace him with Borja, even paying Borjas inflated wages we'll be quids in. There's a lot of £50,000's in 15 million. And of course we'd save Ollies wages. Not my thinking but I bet that's what going through the minds of our American owners.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 9:01]
Borja - Change of Heart on 09:08 - Jul 21 with 2201 viewsswancity

Baston is all that is wrong with modern football. Over paid prima dona who doesn’t appreciate how lucky he is.

One goal in 18 league appearances at Swansea tells a story as does his 7 goals in 46 games for Malaga and Alaves on loan

For a player at his peak, in his prime he’s showing very little appetite for work and on those wages especially that’s totally unacceptable. How do you think that makes his team mates feel?

Get rid of him ASAP ... bite of the hand of any club prepared to pay money for his “services” in fact just to get him out .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:33 - Jul 21 with 2128 viewsraynor94

Borja - Change of Heart on 08:58 - Jul 21 by oldcob

If they sell Ollie for £15 million, and replace him with Borja, even paying Borjas inflated wages we'll be quids in. There's a lot of £50,000's in 15 million. And of course we'd save Ollies wages. Not my thinking but I bet that's what going through the minds of our American owners.

There's a lot of assuming in there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:33 - Jul 21 with 2125 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:08 - Jul 21 by swancity

Baston is all that is wrong with modern football. Over paid prima dona who doesn’t appreciate how lucky he is.

One goal in 18 league appearances at Swansea tells a story as does his 7 goals in 46 games for Malaga and Alaves on loan

For a player at his peak, in his prime he’s showing very little appetite for work and on those wages especially that’s totally unacceptable. How do you think that makes his team mates feel?

Get rid of him ASAP ... bite of the hand of any club prepared to pay money for his “services” in fact just to get him out .

What do you know about his “appetite” then? He’s here, he’s training, according to Cooper all of the players are putting the work in.

Could it just be that be he isn’t good enough? It’s not his fault Jenkins was chucking cash around like it was Monopoly money.
Borja - Change of Heart on 09:35 - Jul 21 with 2120 viewsItchySphincter

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:08 - Jul 21 by swancity

There’s a lot of assumption dressed up as fact in there.

He can’t force the club to give him a game and it’s not his fault we spunked all our money on him. His goal record isn’t even an indication of appetite or attitude - he just might not be very good, but we haven’t seen enough of him to even know that, yet.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:41 - Jul 21 with 2093 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 08:58 - Jul 21 by oldcob

That would be Birch's mind.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:55 - Jul 21 with 2041 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:12 - Jul 21 by swan_si

Against Watford I think it was, we were shit 1st half got back to 1 all before he gave the ball away ( under hit pass ) just outside our box, Watford went on to score.

Another version is
Abraham flounced around a defender on the touchline near their penalty area.
Fernandez, Carroll and I think Naughton were pressing high. Mesa intercepted the clearance and, from inside their half (!!) tried to pass infield to Fernandez, the ball took a deflection as soon as he played it (Watford player prevented the pass). As Mawson was in no-man's-land a Watord player was first to the ball. The great white hope of English football then backed off before making one of his standard tackles (totally ineffective) and Nordfeldt was stranded on the penalty spot.

https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/first-team/highlights-swansea-1-2-watford
(Extended highlights from 13:55)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:10 - Jul 21 with 2000 viewsItchySphincter

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:55 - Jul 21 by Badlands

Another version is
Abraham flounced around a defender on the touchline near their penalty area.
Fernandez, Carroll and I think Naughton were pressing high. Mesa intercepted the clearance and, from inside their half (!!) tried to pass infield to Fernandez, the ball took a deflection as soon as he played it (Watford player prevented the pass). As Mawson was in no-man's-land a Watord player was first to the ball. The great white hope of English football then backed off before making one of his standard tackles (totally ineffective) and Nordfeldt was stranded on the penalty spot.

https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/first-team/highlights-swansea-1-2-watford
(Extended highlights from 13:55)

True dat.

Mesa was a victim of us not looking for a replacement for Leon to hand over to about three years earlier. His brief was obvious and it seemed he desperately wanted to be that player, the one to make us tick, but as is not uncommon with new players he was thrown under the bus.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:31 - Jul 21 with 1940 viewsswancity

Regarding Mesa : he just wasnt very good. Simple . 😂

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:33 - Jul 21 with 1937 viewsexiledclaseboy

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:31 - Jul 21 by swancity

Loved a swig as well.

Poll: Tory leader

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:36 - Jul 21 with 1928 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:31 - Jul 21 by swancity

That’ll be it.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 10:36]
Borja - Change of Heart on 10:48 - Jul 21 with 1885 viewsswancity

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:10 - Jul 21 by ItchySphincter

True dat.

Mesa was a victim of us not looking for a replacement for Leon to hand over to about three years earlier. His brief was obvious and it seemed he desperately wanted to be that player, the one to make us tick, but as is not uncommon with new players he was thrown under the bus.

A victim ? Yes that’s right a victim of being a poor imitation of a Premier League footballer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024