Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja - Change of Heart 16:46 - Jul 20 with 23815 viewsMagic_Michu

Is it a change of heart from both Swansea and Borja himself with him having a future at the club?

We certainly need a new striker... if we’re struggling to offload Borja... he might as well be play for us. Rather keep him than give him away for peanuts.

There must be a decent player in there somewhere.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:52 - Jul 21 with 2259 viewsjack247

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:48 - Jul 21 by swancity

A victim ? Yes that’s right a victim of being a poor imitation of a Premier League footballer.

He was clearly a good footballer. He was also clearly not suited to the surrenderball Clement wanted to play. Borja wasn’t either, as he was asked to play up front on his own despite not being physically up to that role.

Both were mental signings considering the way we played at the time,
Borja - Change of Heart on 10:55 - Jul 21 with 2248 viewsNeath_Jack

A victim ? Yes that’s right a victim of being a poor imitation of a Premier League footballer.

Most people were saying that about McBurnie too.

Now they're all w*nking over him.

"Socks, he'll never make a footballer as long as I've got a hole in my arse" etc.etc.

Allow here for said posters to respond with "Ah, i meant he will never make a premier league footballer, which i stand by".

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:56 - Jul 21 with 2243 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:08 - Jul 21 by swancity

Baston is all that is wrong with modern football. Over paid prima dona who doesn’t appreciate how lucky he is.

One goal in 18 league appearances at Swansea tells a story as does his 7 goals in 46 games for Malaga and Alaves on loan

For a player at his peak, in his prime he’s showing very little appetite for work and on those wages especially that’s totally unacceptable. How do you think that makes his team mates feel?

Get rid of him ASAP ... bite of the hand of any club prepared to pay money for his “services” in fact just to get him out .

He's been training with us this pre-season, looked quite fit yesterday.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:56 - Jul 21 with 2236 viewsswancity

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:52 - Jul 21 by jack247

He was clearly a good footballer. He was also clearly not suited to the surrenderball Clement wanted to play. Borja wasn’t either, as he was asked to play up front on his own despite not being physically up to that role.

Both were mental signings considering the way we played at the time,

He was clearly a good footballer ?

I disagree. He wasn’t. Certainly wasn’t a good Premier League footballer whichever way you decide to try to put a positive spin on it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Borja - Change of Heart on 11:04 - Jul 21 with 2215 viewsSwanseaman

It could be that for some players, once they get that big contact, with a club paying millions for them/a high wage packet, this takes the hunger out of their game. before this they had their dreams and were aiming for the big contract, but once they reach it they lose the hunger.

It also happened to Tyson fury when he became world champion and made his millions.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 14:21 - Jul 21 with 1981 viewsItchySphincter

Nonsense. He didn't have a chance.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:26 - Jul 21 with 1869 viewsBadlands

I have to say I was really surprised at Borja yesterday.
Although he only had a few touches he was obviously a cut above most of the others on the pitch.
He was confident, technical and he just a presence.

Up front with McBurnie
Routledge and Dyer wide
Celina and Grimes making up the central 4
John Cabango Hoorn Naughton

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:28 - Jul 21 with 1863 viewsjackrmee

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:26 - Jul 21 by Badlands

Although he only had a few touches he was obviously a cut above most of the others on the pitch.

Up front with McBurnie
Routledge and Dyer wide

Don't think Coopie would play 2 up top.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:31 - Jul 21 with 1854 viewsnantywatcher

Up front with McBurnie
Routledge and Dyer wide

It's probably best if you leave the team selection to the professionals.
Borja - Change of Heart on 15:42 - Jul 21 with 1822 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:28 - Jul 21 by jackrmee

Don't think Coopie would play 2 up top.

Commentary mentioned 4 4 2!
And referred to Dyer as a striker.

But TBH I couldn't see it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:44 - Jul 21 with 1815 viewsN_T_J

Up front with McBurnie
Routledge and Dyer wide

"Cut above most of the others"

He came on for 15 mins and probably touched the ball about 5 times.
Borja - Change of Heart on 15:57 - Jul 21 with 1791 viewstrinityann

Borja - Change of Heart on 14:21 - Jul 21 by ItchySphincter

Nonsense. He didn't have a chance.

I agree, how can you judge him on few appearances which mainly came from coming off the bench. He had one good season in la liga, so championship level should be ok.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 16:02]
Borja - Change of Heart on 16:09 - Jul 21 with 1754 viewsSwanseaman

Borja did look quite good yesterday, i think he may do really well for us in the championship, if he's with us this season.

Borja - Change of Heart on 17:39 - Jul 21 with 1624 viewsjack247

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:56 - Jul 21 by swancity

He was clearly a good footballer ?

I disagree. He wasn’t. Certainly wasn’t a good Premier League footballer whichever way you decide to try to put a positive spin on it.

You’re not in a position to judge that when you’ve only ever seen him in a Paul Clement team. Starting regularly for Sevilla is a reasonable indication of his ability.
Borja - Change of Heart on 17:46 - Jul 21 with 1603 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 17:39 - Jul 21 by jack247

You’re not in a position to judge that when you’ve only ever seen him in a Paul Clement team. Starting regularly for Sevilla is a reasonable indication of his ability.

Don't even try to argue with that idiot . I'm sure he's just a WUM

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja - Change of Heart on 17:53 - Jul 21 with 1572 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 11:04 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

It could be that for some players, once they get that big contact, with a club paying millions for them/a high wage packet, this takes the hunger out of their game. before this they had their dreams and were aiming for the big contract, but once they reach it they lose the hunger.

It also happened to Tyson fury when he became world champion and made his millions.

If we look at this whole situation logically there is only a rumour that a spanish club wants to bid 1.5 million for him. I bet they can't match the wages though so we'd probably and up paying part of his wage as well.

If no better offer comes in keep him and let's see how he reacts at the prospect of being in quite a big shop window again. He could fail, he could hit 20 goals. I think (Ayews both gone) we could afford to keep him til the end of the season. You'd have to wonder how good he would have been first half yesterday when we were in complete control of the game.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja - Change of Heart on 18:04 - Jul 21 with 1547 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 17:53 - Jul 21 by Brynmill_Jack

If we look at this whole situation logically there is only a rumour that a spanish club wants to bid 1.5 million for him. I bet they can't match the wages though so we'd probably and up paying part of his wage as well.

If no better offer comes in keep him and let's see how he reacts at the prospect of being in quite a big shop window again. He could fail, he could hit 20 goals. I think (Ayews both gone) we could afford to keep him til the end of the season. You'd have to wonder how good he would have been first half yesterday when we were in complete control of the game.

I noticed that he was getting into good positions yesterday, and i'm sure if he got back to form/played with the team enough, he would put a few away.

He now knows for sure that if he plays well, the championship is a shop window for the bigger higher placed clubs. he's been training with the team pre-season, so i could see it working out.

Borja - Change of Heart on 18:47 - Jul 21 with 1455 viewsswancity

Borja - Change of Heart on 17:39 - Jul 21 by jack247

When did he start regularly for Seville then ?

I think you’ve made that up lol

Listen: he’s one of many players who aren’t in love with football. He’s enjoying a lifestyle associated with success only without any success. Football does this to people.

I’d boot him right out of the door the ungrateful twot

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:10 - Jul 21 with 1399 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 18:47 - Jul 21 by swancity

Listen: he’s one of many players who aren’t in love with football. He’s enjoying a lifestyle associated with success only without any success. Football does this to people.

in 2014—15 he played in the Segunda División for Zaragoza, 38 games 22 goals.

in 2015—16 he played for Eibar, top tier of Spanish football/La Liga - 36 games 18 goals.

When he came to us he lost his form. he has been playing on loan in the La Liga league for the last two seasons, but not playing as good as he did for Eibar. could cooper help him regain his confidence?

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:17 - Jul 21 with 1381 viewsjack247

Borja - Change of Heart on 18:47 - Jul 21 by swancity

Last season
Borja - Change of Heart on 19:18 - Jul 21 with 1373 viewsswancity

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:10 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

in 2015—16 he played for Eibar, top tier of Spanish football/La Liga - 36 games 18 goals.

When he came to us he lost his form. he has been playing on loan in the La Liga league for the last two seasons, but not playing as good as he did for Eibar. could cooper help him regain his confidence?

So 4/5 years ago he had a decent spell

But not at a club like Seville?

I’m sure he’s good enough to score on the Championship but I’m also sure he’s a bum who can’t be bothered really

He’s got confidence. It’s just he’s work shy. Along with millions of others ...

Get rid of him and his £2,500,000 a year basic salary. There you are.

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:23 - Jul 21 with 1357 viewsthornabyswan

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:10 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

If he stays that would indicate that Ollie is off.

The 30 million blackhole is just about gone and still players are getting moved on

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:27 - Jul 21 with 1339 viewsDr_Winston

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:23 - Jul 21 by thornabyswan

If he stays that would indicate that Ollie is off.

The 30 million blackhole is just about gone and still players are getting moved on

If he stays that could also indicate that we can't get shot of him and Cooper has decided that as he's here we might as well use him as an alternative to CBR.

Doesn't automatically mean that McBurnie is off at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:30 - Jul 21 with 1329 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:18 - Jul 21 by swancity

So 4/5 years ago he had a decent spell

But not at a club like Seville?

I’m sure he’s good enough to score on the Championship but I’m also sure he’s a bum who can’t be bothered really

He’s got confidence. It’s just he’s work shy. Along with millions of others ...

Get rid of him and his £2,500,000 a year basic salary. There you are.

maybe you are right.

or he may need the right team and the right manager and he could become a high scorer again.

if cooper could get the best out of him or not i don't know. he did play quite well yesterday though.

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:35 - Jul 21 with 1311 viewsthornabyswan

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:27 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

If he stays that could also indicate that we can't get shot of him and Cooper has decided that as he's here we might as well use him as an alternative to CBR.

Doesn't automatically mean that McBurnie is off at all.

They wanted to shift Dan James and Fer for peanuts in January.

Why do you think he was playing yesterday then if they were not keen to sell Ollie Baston would be wrapped up in cotton wool.

My feeling is that Ollie and VDH will be gone
Along with both the Ayews if we can find suitors.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024