Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja - Change of Heart 16:46 - Jul 20 with 23777 viewsMagic_Michu

Is it a change of heart from both Swansea and Borja himself with him having a future at the club?

We certainly need a new striker... if we’re struggling to offload Borja... he might as well be play for us. Rather keep him than give him away for peanuts.

There must be a decent player in there somewhere.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:35 - Jul 21 with 2501 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:27 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

If he stays that could also indicate that we can't get shot of him and Cooper has decided that as he's here we might as well use him as an alternative to CBR.

Doesn't automatically mean that McBurnie is off at all.

I don’t think anyone else wants him. That should be motivation enough to bust a gut and prove people wrong. Let’s hope he takes his frustrations out on the Championship

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:36 - Jul 21 with 2494 viewsswancity

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:30 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

maybe you are right.

or he may need the right team and the right manager and he could become a high scorer again.

if cooper could get the best out of him or not i don't know. he did play quite well yesterday though.

He needs to go for several reasons

Lots making excuses : manager, formation, tactics, playing style, wrong toilet paper, new area etc etc etc

Just look at facts ; he’s not applying himself and hasn’t for four years. He thinks he’s better than he is following a decent season at a small(ish) Spanish Club

His attitude stinks and he’s earning a lorry load of cash weekly. Enough said .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:43 - Jul 21 with 2451 viewsMagic_Michu

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:36 - Jul 21 by swancity

Lots making excuses : manager, formation, tactics, playing style, wrong toilet paper, new area etc etc etc

Just look at facts ; he’s not applying himself and hasn’t for four years. He thinks he’s better than he is following a decent season at a small(ish) Spanish Club

How can you say anything about his attitude?

Can you provide any evidence to show he has a bad attitude?

I’ve heard nothing of the sort.

Apart from last season the club told him not to return to training from spain, as a load move was already in place.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:45 - Jul 21 with 2440 viewsthornabyswan

Can see the 50k a week wage disappearing money can be a big motivator.
Bang a load in for us and he will be in the shop window.

As for attitude shocking no different to the Ayews Messa or Tabanou.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:50 - Jul 21 with 2432 viewsSwanseaman

where have you got all this information from? I haven't read anything like this before, only that he hasn't played as well as he used to since he signed for us.

if you can post a link to where you have read this then i could think differently, all i have to go on is the 20 minutes i watched yesterday, and i could see he looked quite good, and that there seemed to be potential there - I was thinking that we are looking for new players, and there is a tidy one there if we could get him playing well again.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:07 - Jul 21 with 2372 views34dfgdf54

Fair dos. Brilliant imagination you have.
Borja - Change of Heart on 21:13 - Jul 21 with 2253 viewsBillyChong

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:26 - Jul 21 by Badlands

I have to say I was really surprised at Borja yesterday.
Although he only had a few touches he was obviously a cut above most of the others on the pitch.
He was confident, technical and he just a presence.

Up front with McBurnie
Routledge and Dyer wide
Celina and Grimes making up the central 4
John Cabango Hoorn Naughton

A £15m striker playing against Exeter, he might as well pack it in if he looked anything other than a cut above
Borja - Change of Heart on 21:18 - Jul 21 with 2236 viewsswancity

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:07 - Jul 21 by 34dfgdf54

Fair dos. Brilliant imagination you have.

Imagination ?

No just sticking to plain old fashioned facts.

Login to get fewer ads

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:30 - Jul 21 with 2211 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:18 - Jul 21 by swancity

Imagination ?

No just sticking to plain old fashioned facts.

Facts which you can’t back up whatsoever.
Borja - Change of Heart on 21:38 - Jul 21 with 2197 viewsraynor94

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:13 - Jul 21 by BillyChong

A £15m striker playing against Exeter, he might as well pack it in if he looked anything other than a cut above

He was on for 15 minutes, and some are falling over themselves to believe he's the second coming!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:56 - Jul 21 with 2155 viewsjackrmee

Borja - Change of Heart on 18:47 - Jul 21 by swancity

When did he start regularly for Seville then ?

I think you’ve made that up lol

Listen: he’s one of many players who aren’t in love with football. He’s enjoying a lifestyle associated with success only without any success. Football does this to people.

I’d boot him right out of the door the ungrateful twot

Think he was on about Mesa mate.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:58 - Jul 21 with 2147 viewsswancity

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:30 - Jul 21 by 34dfgdf54

Facts which you can’t back up whatsoever.

Facts ? How about 8 goals that’s 8 (eight) in his last 60/70 League appearances

How about £15m being paid for him

How about can’t find a club that wants him

How about £50,000 a week

How about a lack of desire & application? Yes that can be backed up with evidence too 👍🏻

Borja - Change of Heart on 22:01 - Jul 21 with 2131 viewsDewi1jack

He didn't put that price tag on his head.
His club did.

And that Beaky tw@ with the backing of Dimwit, clog shagger and the rest sanctioned the buy.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Borja - Change of Heart on 22:11 - Jul 21 with 2101 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 22:01 - Jul 21 by Dewi1jack

He didn't put that price tag on his head.
His club did.

And that Beaky tw@ with the backing of Dimwit, clog shagger and the rest sanctioned the buy.

could this be one of those threads, where at the end of the season we may look back on and say 'didn't expect that to happen' - with Borja playing a big part?

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 22:33 - Jul 21 with 2040 viewsBadlands

In that case several of ours should also pack it in.

I meant a cut above the rest of our squad.
But let's be honest we paid £15 million but he was not, is not and never will be a £25 million striker.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:45 - Jul 22 with 1933 viewsSwansea93

Remember how excited everyone was when we were linked to signing him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Borja - Change of Heart on 01:37 - Jul 22 with 1904 viewsdameedna

Any league defence has the capability to compete with a Baston type striker. Championship defences will be a tall order. If he played well stays fit and is getting in good positions all good we have the players to find him. Have been a little negative but need to give him the benefit now.
Borja - Change of Heart on 01:43 - Jul 22 with 1902 viewshuwrichards57

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:28 - Jul 21 by jackrmee

Don't think Coopie would play 2 up top.

Think he sticks firmly to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 type.
Borja - Change of Heart on 03:12 - Jul 22 with 1886 viewsWanderer

Give him the first half against Atalanta next week, see how he goes there.
Borja - Change of Heart on 06:00 - Jul 22 with 1836 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 18:47 - Jul 21 by swancity

When did he start regularly for Seville then ?

I think you’ve made that up lol

Listen: he’s one of many players who aren’t in love with football. He’s enjoying a lifestyle associated with success only without any success. Football does this to people.

I’d boot him right out of the door the ungrateful twot

That was regarding Mesa, so I didn’t make that up, you’re just not very bright lol.
Borja - Change of Heart on 07:05 - Jul 22 with 1787 viewsItchySphincter

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:38 - Jul 21 by raynor94

He was on for 15 minutes, and some are falling over themselves to believe he's the second coming!

Yeah, impossible to make a reasonable assessment from that but what is interesting is not how he played but the fact that he actually played at all.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Borja - Change of Heart on 07:43 - Jul 22 with 1745 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:58 - Jul 21 by swancity

How about £50,000 a week

How about a lack of desire & application? Yes that can be backed up with evidence too 👍🏻

Your first post mentioned his lack of appetite, which of course you just made up as to my knowledge you have never trained with our first team squad, or even been in attendance.

To your second post.

How about £15m being paid for him - Huw Jenkins, he didn't negotiate the fee.

How about can’t find a club that wants him - He's been out on loan last two seasons to Spanish top tier sides, he probably just isn't good enough, again, not his fault we paid big bucks for him.

How about £50,000 a week - Good work if you can get it, again, not his fault we were chucking that sort of cash around during Jenkins tenure.

How about a lack of desire & application? Yes that can be backed up with evidence too - Still waiting for this evidence, you're just going around in circles, getting worked up and letting your imagination run away.

Our recruitment policy was a joke, everyone knows that, it's not his fault we paid £15m for him, it's not his fault we are paying him a ridiculous wage, he obviously wasn't good enough, and didn't suit premier league football but you have zero evidence that he is a bad influence. Our manager has said he is working hard in training and he has had no problems with anyone in the squad. If he can't find a new club and we have to pay the bulk of his wages anyway, I'm with Loyal, play him. This isn't the Premier League now.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 10:42]
Borja - Change of Heart on 11:01 - Jul 22 with 1530 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:58 - Jul 21 by swancity

How about £50,000 a week

-
I think his motivation has probably suffered, and you may be half right in what your saying: it could be due to having the huge wage packet. nd it is possible, that he hasn't been training as hard and putting the effort in he used to prior to joining us.

you have said he is: 'one of many players who isn't in love with football. he’s a bum who can’t be bothered, an over paid prima dona, who doesn’t appreciate how lucky he is. he's work shy, doesn't apply himself and hasn’t done for four years. shows very little appetite for work and on high wages is unacceptable. How does that makes his team mates feel? His attitude stinks, has a lack of desire & application, thinks he’s better than he is following a decent season at a small(ish) Spanish Club'

One thing that you mentioned is about how he would make his team mates feel, but he has been training with them pre-season and they all seem to be playing well at the moment, and he fitted in good playing with them against exeter.

Also he has played in the la liga league the past 2 seasons and scored 4 goals in 20 games last season, that is a much higher league than the championship, so on that form he should get us some goals, plus the style of play we are playing at the moment this could suit him and give him more chances.

Do you think that Cooper could manage to help bring back the motivation he used to have when at his best, or is that impossible?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 11:04]

Borja - Change of Heart on 11:25 - Jul 22 with 1495 viewsraynor94

I'll be amazed if here's at the beginning of the season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Borja - Change of Heart on 11:37 - Jul 22 with 1477 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 11:25 - Jul 22 by raynor94

I'll be amazed if here's at the beginning of the season

-
I'd be amazed too.

Although there has only been one club, Real Oviedo from the spanish Segunda División, who have shown an interest in signing him, for £1.5m.

maybe he doesn't want to play in the spanish Segunda División.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024