Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja - Change of Heart 16:46 - Jul 20 with 23782 viewsMagic_Michu

Is it a change of heart from both Swansea and Borja himself with him having a future at the club?

We certainly need a new striker... if we’re struggling to offload Borja... he might as well be play for us. Rather keep him than give him away for peanuts.

There must be a decent player in there somewhere.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Borja - Change of Heart on 11:40 - Jul 22 with 4176 viewsjack247

Borja - Change of Heart on 11:37 - Jul 22 by Swanseaman

-
I'd be amazed too.

Although there has only been one club, Real Oviedo from the spanish Segunda División, who have shown an interest in signing him, for £1.5m.

maybe he doesn't want to play in the spanish Segunda División.

Or doesn’t want to play for whatever wages Real Oviedo can afford.
Borja - Change of Heart on 14:56 - Jul 22 with 3940 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 07:43 - Jul 22 by 34dfgdf54

Your first post mentioned his lack of appetite, which of course you just made up as to my knowledge you have never trained with our first team squad, or even been in attendance.

To your second post.

How about £15m being paid for him - Huw Jenkins, he didn't negotiate the fee.

How about can’t find a club that wants him - He's been out on loan last two seasons to Spanish top tier sides, he probably just isn't good enough, again, not his fault we paid big bucks for him.

How about £50,000 a week - Good work if you can get it, again, not his fault we were chucking that sort of cash around during Jenkins tenure.

How about a lack of desire & application? Yes that can be backed up with evidence too - Still waiting for this evidence, you're just going around in circles, getting worked up and letting your imagination run away.

Our recruitment policy was a joke, everyone knows that, it's not his fault we paid £15m for him, it's not his fault we are paying him a ridiculous wage, he obviously wasn't good enough, and didn't suit premier league football but you have zero evidence that he is a bad influence. Our manager has said he is working hard in training and he has had no problems with anyone in the squad. If he can't find a new club and we have to pay the bulk of his wages anyway, I'm with Loyal, play him. This isn't the Premier League now.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 10:42]

If Cooper, Marsh or indeed Birch had the slightest inkling he was a bad or disruptive influence he would have got near the bus to Exeter, let alone the pitch. Some people on here make assumptions with no evidence at all.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:48 - Jul 22 with 3794 viewsvetchonian

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:13 - Jul 21 by BillyChong

A £15m striker playing against Exeter, he might as well pack it in if he looked anything other than a cut above

He is only a £15M striker because we panic bought him at a ridiculous price another of HJ's recruitment gems

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Borja - Change of Heart on 17:16 - Jul 22 with 3688 viewsswancity

Borja - Change of Heart on 14:56 - Jul 22 by Brynmill_Jack

If Cooper, Marsh or indeed Birch had the slightest inkling he was a bad or disruptive influence he would have got near the bus to Exeter, let alone the pitch. Some people on here make assumptions with no evidence at all.

Quite right but no one really wants him not least the Swans who’d love to off load him

There seems to be interest from Spain’s second division but with an expected 80% plus salary reduction that’s not proving too attractive

So it’s in everyone’s interest that he knuckles down now and shows what he can do. After all he’s getting paid mega bucks to play football by Swansea City. He’s done next to nothing for four years. It’s a minimum requirement now that he gives it his all and it’s not asking too much is it...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Borja - Change of Heart on 19:35 - Jul 22 with 3504 viewswaynekerr55

Borja - Change of Heart on 15:48 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

He is only a £15M striker because we panic bought him at a ridiculous price another of HJ's recruitment gems

Nah Jenkins could and can still do no wrong. It's all Pearlmans fault...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:12 - Jul 22 with 3411 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 17:16 - Jul 22 by swancity

Quite right but no one really wants him not least the Swans who’d love to off load him

There seems to be interest from Spain’s second division but with an expected 80% plus salary reduction that’s not proving too attractive

So it’s in everyone’s interest that he knuckles down now and shows what he can do. After all he’s getting paid mega bucks to play football by Swansea City. He’s done next to nothing for four years. It’s a minimum requirement now that he gives it his all and it’s not asking too much is it...

Of course it isn’t. If he’s smart he’ll want to be smashing them in to prove the doubters wrong and make himself an attractive proposition.

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:26 - Jul 22 with 3387 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:12 - Jul 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course it isn’t. If he’s smart he’ll want to be smashing them in to prove the doubters wrong and make himself an attractive proposition.

-
The fact he only has one year left on his contact, may be a wake up call for him. it's possible this may be the motivation needed to get him back on form, in order to get himself noticed and further his career.

he actually looked like he was out to play at his best at exeter, as if he has something to prove.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:44 - Jul 22 with 3355 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:26 - Jul 22 by Swanseaman

-
The fact he only has one year left on his contact, may be a wake up call for him. it's possible this may be the motivation needed to get him back on form, in order to get himself noticed and further his career.

he actually looked like he was out to play at his best at exeter, as if he has something to prove.

Maybe Potter isn’t the only one able to utilize “emotional intelligence “. Coops might be even better . A tough ask for him though , chasing what many regard as a lost cause

Login to get fewer ads

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:16 - Jul 22 with 3286 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:44 - Jul 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Maybe Potter isn’t the only one able to utilize “emotional intelligence “. Coops might be even better . A tough ask for him though , chasing what many regard as a lost cause

-
it would be a feather in coopers cap if he gets him playing well again.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 23:40 - Jul 22 with 3101 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:44 - Jul 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Taking the captaincy away from MVDH either shows no “emotional intelligence “ or he wants to get rid of the CB.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja - Change of Heart on 23:50 - Jul 22 with 3086 viewsTheKirkyLife

Borja - Change of Heart on 23:40 - Jul 22 by Badlands

Taking the captaincy away from MVDH either shows no “emotional intelligence “ or he wants to get rid of the CB.

Or Mike has been publically non-committal to the club and, despite being an excellent vice-captain last year, Cooper wants someone who is fully committed to Swansea and is there for the club, unlike Fer as an example.
Borja - Change of Heart on 06:37 - Jul 23 with 2971 viewsBrynmill_Jack

VDH thinks he’s better than the Championship. I think it’s quite obvious he wants to go back to the PL sooner rather than later with us.

Borja - Change of Heart on 06:43 - Jul 23 with 2955 views34dfgdf54

It’s obvious why the captaincy has been taken off VDH.

It’s unlikely he will be here at start of season.
Borja - Change of Heart on 07:19 - Jul 23 with 2910 viewsjackrmee

Borja - Change of Heart on 06:43 - Jul 23 by 34dfgdf54

It’s obvious why the captaincy has been taken off VDH.

It’s unlikely he will be here at start of season.

It hasn't been taken from him, he never had it. Fer was captain.
New manager will always want to choose his own captain, even if the club already had a captain, which we didn't, as Fer had left before Coopie came.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Borja - Change of Heart on 08:16 - Jul 23 with 2834 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 07:19 - Jul 23 by jackrmee

It hasn't been taken from him, he never had it. Fer was captain.
New manager will always want to choose his own captain, even if the club already had a captain, which we didn't, as Fer had left before Coopie came.

True, but he was the obvious choice and was basically skipper for full season last time around due to Fer and his injury problems.
Borja - Change of Heart on 08:50 - Jul 23 with 2808 viewsBadlands

Back to Borja
Pre-season last year saw us play
Amat, Ayew, Ayew and Montero.

(If Fer and Hoorn weren't / aren't considered as committed to Swansea what do players have to do?)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:04 - Jul 23 with 2716 viewsLeonWasGod

Since when has Mike had the captaincy taken away and been publically non-committed to us?

I thought Cooper hasn't picked his captain yet? Grimes was given it because we were playing against his former club (and I'm sure Coops wanted to have a look at how he responded). And Mike after the Exeter match said he'd love the armband and hopes Cooper choses him. Or has something else happened? Not that it's much of a deal anyway.
Borja - Change of Heart on 10:15 - Jul 23 with 2697 views34dfgdf54

Borja - Change of Heart on 10:04 - Jul 23 by LeonWasGod

Since when has Mike had the captaincy taken away and been publically non-committed to us?

I thought Cooper hasn't picked his captain yet? Grimes was given it because we were playing against his former club (and I'm sure Coops wanted to have a look at how he responded). And Mike after the Exeter match said he'd love the armband and hopes Cooper choses him. Or has something else happened? Not that it's much of a deal anyway.

I may be wrong here, but hasn't everyone had the armband over the summer apart from VDH? Dyer, Routs, Grimes.. Can't recall Mike having it.

It's all guess work, no one knows apart from those in the club whether VDH has had his head turned, but for me, reading and listening to his quotes I think he would prefer to be elsewhere by the time the season starts.
Borja - Change of Heart on 10:56 - Jul 23 with 2629 viewsairedale

I don’t think they’ll make Borja El Capitano. No siree.
Borja - Change of Heart on 11:38 - Jul 23 with 2566 viewsGoldminer

And Fernandez
Borja - Change of Heart on 12:44 - Jul 23 with 2470 viewsNotLoyal

VDH captain v Atlanta on Saturday for me.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Borja - Change of Heart on 20:37 - Jul 23 with 2159 viewsSTID2017

"He scores when he wants " - good that

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Borja - Change of Heart on 03:09 - Jul 24 with 1939 viewsChief

Unless something miraculous happens and a big Spanish club wants to take a punt on him and therefore cover the majority of his wages (and that's a small group of clubs), there's no real excuse for getting him rid of him now. Cooper has said he's open to having him in the squad, meaning the financial implications of that must have been considered and he's playing an active part in pre-season, so this homesickness/refusing play excuse can't be used either. If he goes now, it's likely Cooper will have had the rug pulled out from underneath by the Yanks.

Having said that now they'll be on the phone tomorrow first thing in the morning to Sheff Utd saying they'll accept 10mill for Oli probably.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:44 - Jul 24 with 1679 viewsicecoldjack

All seems simple to me, nobody really wants Borja, at least not on his current salary, we are looking to off load any player at the right price with the main asset being Oli Mac, so males perfect sense to 're integrated him back into the squad, an actual no brainer .

As for Borja himself, I believe like many other "failed" swans signings he's been a victim of poor management from top to bottom, signing square pegs to play in round holes has been our downfall more than the players themselves .

In the right team with the right service he will do just fine, especially at this level, having recently talked to people at the club, the view on all senior players is that if the money is right they will be sold and most players will be happy to move considering the current climate.

Let's be honest, what chance did Borja get when the likes of Brad bobbly were playing him on the wing ?

Borja represents everything the club has done wrong, but that's not all his fault, right players wrong managers and wrong players right managers has been our style for the last 3 yrs .

Another legacy left from Huw Jenkins, who should only ever have stuck to what he knew,ie, lower league potential and signing hundreds of goal keepers.
Borja - good pace on him on 20:14 - Jul 24 with 1526 viewsSwanseaman

anyone notice Borja Bastons acceleration he made for the goal, really quick when he let rip:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024