Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja - Change of Heart 16:46 - Jul 20 with 23761 viewsMagic_Michu

Is it a change of heart from both Swansea and Borja himself with him having a future at the club?

We certainly need a new striker... if we’re struggling to offload Borja... he might as well be play for us. Rather keep him than give him away for peanuts.

There must be a decent player in there somewhere.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Borja - good pace on him on 21:08 - Jul 24 with 2074 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - good pace on him on 20:14 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

anyone notice Borja Bastons acceleration he made for the goal, really quick when he let rip:

Pace up front in this league will give him a tremendous advantage. I hope him and McBurnie get 20+ each

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja - good pace on him on 21:14 - Jul 24 with 2050 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - good pace on him on 21:08 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Pace up front in this league will give him a tremendous advantage. I hope him and McBurnie get 20+ each

i'd love it if they both stay with us for this season, would be a massive disappointment to all if we lose any of them -15 days to know for certain, fingers crossed.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:17 - Jul 24 with 2038 viewsmarchamjack

Birch has said very clearly he wants to offload Borja and that he’s the man in control of the club.

Birch has got til the end of August to offload him...another best part of 6 weeks.

So whatever we might hope/ think, Birch has made his position on Borja very clear. I’m not expecting him to be here unless Birch makes a new statement on him.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:20 - Jul 24 with 2020 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:17 - Jul 24 by marchamjack

Birch has said very clearly he wants to offload Borja and that he’s the man in control of the club.

Birch has got til the end of August to offload him...another best part of 6 weeks.

So whatever we might hope/ think, Birch has made his position on Borja very clear. I’m not expecting him to be here unless Birch makes a new statement on him.

Surely there would be scope for his mind to change if we got both the Ayews off our books?

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:21 - Jul 24 with 2012 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:17 - Jul 24 by marchamjack

august the 8th isn't it?

the latest news about him, is from cooper, he has said that if we don't manage to offload him, baston will be a part of our team -he is training for that scenario.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:26 - Jul 24 with 1996 viewsmarchamjack

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:20 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Surely there would be scope for his mind to change if we got both the Ayews off our books?

Hopefully there is, but til Birch says something different all we know so far is he’s working to get him out

Plus, Spain’s window is open til end of August

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:29 - Jul 24 with 1984 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:26 - Jul 24 by marchamjack

Hopefully there is, but til Birch says something different all we know so far is he’s working to get him out

if he's a player in the english league, doesn't that mean that after the 8th we can't let him go

or could a spanish club still come in for him, i'm confused?

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:29 - Jul 24 with 1984 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:26 - Jul 24 by marchamjack

There seems little or no interest. Only 4 or 5 clubs max could pay him that kind of money and they won’t want him.

Login to get fewer ads

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:44 - Jul 24 with 1955 viewsmarchamjack

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:29 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

if he's a player in the english league, doesn't that mean that after the 8th we can't let him go

I think the position is we can’t buy in after the 8th ( no idea whether we can loan in) but can loan/sell out to any other club in Europe or China etc where their own window is still open beyond the 8th

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:49 - Jul 24 with 1949 viewsThornburyswan

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:44 - Jul 24 by marchamjack

I think the position is we can’t buy in after the 8th ( no idea whether we can loan in) but can loan/sell out to any other club in Europe or China etc where their own window is still open beyond the 8th

Think we pls all the Prem & Championship clubs are done at 5PM on the 8th but sales & loans can be done across the rest of Europe plus lower leagues over here........ & can only see Baston going to Spain so it's still 6 week for him + Ayews/Montero & maybe MvdH.

PS most of the other windows Close on Sept 2nd, apart from Italian one which is August 23rd.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 21:53]
Borja - Change of Heart on 00:05 - Jul 25 with 1792 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 21:29 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

Teams can take players until their Football Association's window closes -
France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands - 2nd Sept.
Scotland, Turkey, Denmark 1st September
UK 9th August!!!
Loan window closes on same day as transfers.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:18 - Jul 25 with 1774 viewsmajorraglan

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:05 - Jul 25 by Badlands

Teams can take players until their Football Association's window closes -
France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands - 2nd Sept.
Scotland, Turkey, Denmark 1st September
UK 9th August!!!
Loan window closes on same day as transfers.

This situation where different Associations have different cut off points is crazy, UEFA should intervene and mandate a closing date for transfers across the Confederation. It makes sense to close the windo before the season starts, but because of the delay English and Welsh teams are at a disadvantage.
Borja - Change of Heart on 01:59 - Jul 25 with 1713 viewsforkbeard

Borja “liked” a tweet from this (translated) article confirming his clear intention he still wants out. No shocks there!

Allegedly back in fold purely down to showing his fitness.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/futbol-internacional/2019/07/24/5d3886b8ca47413d388

After having been assigned, last season, to Alavés, the striker returned to Swansea , club with which he has a contract until June 2020 . However, the intention of the striker is to leave the Welsh club , which is why he was, in recent weeks, away from the first team and training with the U23 team.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 2:00]
Borja - Change of Heart on 06:42 - Jul 25 with 1628 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - Change of Heart on 01:59 - Jul 25 by forkbeard

Borja “liked” a tweet from this (translated) article confirming his clear intention he still wants out. No shocks there!

https://www.marca.com/futbol/futbol-internacional/2019/07/24/5d3886b8ca47413d388

After having been assigned, last season, to Alavés, the striker returned to Swansea , club with which he has a contract until June 2020 . However, the intention of the striker is to leave the Welsh club , which is why he was, in recent weeks, away from the first team and training with the U23 team.

Yes, but no one who can afford him wants him. So he might as well just get his head down and play football, unless he’s prepared for a big drop in income. If he’s really smart he’ll start banging them in and go for next to nothing come the January window.

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:20 - Jul 25 with 1565 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 01:59 - Jul 25 by forkbeard

With the under 23s to prove his fitness and attitude.
Job doen
In the senior team to get used to other players and to be in the shop window.
Have to say, even after just two cameo appearances I'd be more than happy for him to be back. Most defences in the Championship wouldn't cope.

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:30 - Jul 25 with 1543 viewsjackrmee

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:18 - Jul 25 by majorraglan

This situation where different Associations have different cut off points is crazy, UEFA should intervene and mandate a closing date for transfers across the Confederation. It makes sense to close the windo before the season starts, but because of the delay English and Welsh teams are at a disadvantage.

Different leagues start on different dates though, so how would they choose?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:43 - Jul 25 with 1535 viewsDr_Winston

The other thing to factor in is once we consider likely transfer/loan fees for anyone better than he is, keeping and integrating Borja into the team for this season might even work out as the cheaper option.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:58 - Jul 25 with 1509 viewsJacket

How much is he gonna cost us for the season? If he's still on £50k a week it's £2.6m. He seems to have only been linked with 2nd Division Spanish clubs, so the most they're realistically going to pay is possibly a million to half of that sum. So it's a case of paying £2.6m for a striker who's likely to do comparatively well at this level pr £1.6m to £1.3m for the square root of fack all. Keeping him may not be that outlandish. We must have paid Fer a similar sum.

Of course he may be on more than that, and any appetite he may have shown in the past two cameos may be because he's playing for a transfer.
Borja - Change of Heart on 11:25 - Jul 25 with 1456 viewsSwanseaman

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:58 - Jul 25 by Jacket

How much is he gonna cost us for the season? If he's still on £50k a week it's £2.6m. He seems to have only been linked with 2nd Division Spanish clubs, so the most they're realistically going to pay is possibly a million to half of that sum. So it's a case of paying £2.6m for a striker who's likely to do comparatively well at this level pr £1.6m to £1.3m for the square root of fack all. Keeping him may not be that outlandish. We must have paid Fer a similar sum.

Of course he may be on more than that, and any appetite he may have shown in the past two cameos may be because he's playing for a transfer.

with the sale of j ayew, we can now afford to keep borja for this season, he's signed with us up until 11 August 2020.

if the only other options to loan him out, there's no point in that because he would still leave on a free at the end of the season.

Borja - Change of Heart on 11:43 - Jul 25 with 1423 viewsjasper_T

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:30 - Jul 25 by jackrmee

Different leagues start on different dates though, so how would they choose?

Use Norway. Window closes at the end of March, opens again at the end of November.
Borja - Change of Heart on 13:54 - Jul 25 with 1335 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 09:58 - Jul 25 by Jacket

Our loan signing from Brentford will cost roughly the same for the year.

Borja - Change of Heart on 13:59 - Jul 25 with 1314 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 00:18 - Jul 25 by majorraglan

Many leagues under UEFA have winter breaks.
Different leagues begin at different times of the year.
There isn't a delay for English League teams - the FA and EFL decided to bring the window forward.
League of Wales closes 2 September 2019.

Once again England is out of step but expects the world to fall in line.

Borja - Change of Heart on 14:12 - Jul 25 with 1261 viewsraynor94

Borja - Change of Heart on 13:54 - Jul 25 by Badlands

Our loan signing from Brentford will cost roughly the same for the year.

Brentford loan signing?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Borja - Change of Heart on 14:39 - Jul 25 with 1219 viewsBadlands

Borja - Change of Heart on 14:12 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Brentford loan signing?

I know Watford - spellcheck changed it once and I've been thinking Mawson and have kept typing Brenford!!!!!!!!!!! It's my age.
Time for a lie down

Borja - Change of Heart on 14:39 - Jul 25 with 1219 viewsJacket

Borja - Change of Heart on 14:12 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Brentford loan signing?

Badlands mixing his fords up or is there a new player incoming??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024