Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea hard man arrested 20:26 - Jul 20 with 117901 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-full-moon-pub-court-166197

I think Colin posted on here once as someone got their facts wrong about a club he was running.

Is Surman ok now? I heard he was very ill a few years back. A massive bloke.
Swansea hard man arrested on 17:33 - Jul 25 with 6210 viewsraynor94

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:22 - Jul 25 by FieryJack

Anyone with any "street wisdom" will be able to immediately pick up the dodgy ambience in and around the Full Moon. Even someone who's never been to Swansea in their life.

Last time I went in there all the pumps - beer, lager and cider - were off, and they were only in a position to sell cans of Stella, Strongbow and John Smiths from a small fridge. Total hovel at the time, with punters to match, but I like that sort of thing now and then. Slumming it. Chancing my arm.

Once, coming down Carmarthen Road on a bus, all hell broke loose - an ugly brawl spilled out from the Full Moon onto the road, the occupants of a parked car cowering as 3 blokes with baseball bats put every window in, police vans screaming to a stop etc.

Amazed it's still open to be honest. Maybe its because a lot of pubs I used to drink in around there have closed down: The Nelson, The Lower Lamb (?), The Pullman, The Brynmelyn and The Coppermans Arms all gone now.

Greenhill's always been poor and dodgy - in the 19th century it was full of slum housing (now replaced by flats) mostly inhabited by Irish. In the late 1800s coppers would have patrolled the area in twos.

As it happens my step-daughter lives in Greenhill flats. Not great. Many of the new poor around that way are asylum seekers. Pity for them.

Hope the sc*mbag who did this, if found guilty, gets 20 years and expires in clink.

Spot on post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:38 - Jul 25 with 6206 viewsexiledclaseboy

I spent a very strange afternoon and evening in the Lower Lamb once. I’m still not sure how it ended or how I got home. It was a boiling hot day very much like today.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:53 - Jul 25 with 6162 viewsDarran

Swansea hard man arrested on 16:31 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

It’s hardly Johannesburg is it? Not often I agree with Contro but he’s nailed this one. It’s rough but hardly a no go area.

Who the fuçk is going to attack you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea hard man arrested on 18:09 - Jul 25 with 6129 viewsFieryJack

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:53 - Jul 25 by Darran

Who the fuçk is going to attack you?

His wife, possibly?
Swansea hard man arrested on 21:21 - Jul 25 with 5936 viewsGlastonbury

Anyone know what happened? Why it happened ? Poor guy looks harmless against someone of Colin standing.
Swansea hard man arrested on 08:55 - Jul 26 with 5690 viewsjackrmee

Swansea hard man arrested on 12:27 - Jul 25 by Wingstandwood

I think a lot of individuals would have been utterly unaware about the bad-rep the local press have built up. I bet many an outsider to Swansea straight off the train would have frequented that pub. And? If many (even locals) do not read the SWEP it would neither be known or realised about the lesser complimentary stories reported about that area.

I always perceived (until recently) that part of Swansea to be relatively quiet and benign albeit in need of sprucing up bearing in mind it's the first thing visitors tend to see after leaving High Street Station.

Exactly. There's no pub I would think "best not drink in there, I might get killed".

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea hard man arrested on 09:40 - Jul 26 with 5641 viewsdickythorpe

The Ninnian Park?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 9:40]
Swansea hard man arrested on 10:28 - Jul 26 with 5592 viewsraynor94

Swansea hard man arrested on 12:27 - Jul 25 by Wingstandwood

I think a lot of individuals would have been utterly unaware about the bad-rep the local press have built up. I bet many an outsider to Swansea straight off the train would have frequented that pub. And? If many (even locals) do not read the SWEP it would neither be known or realised about the lesser complimentary stories reported about that area.

I always perceived (until recently) that part of Swansea to be relatively quiet and benign albeit in need of sprucing up bearing in mind it's the first thing visitors tend to see after leaving High Street Station.

You honestly believe people leaving High Street station would think I'll pop up the Full Moon for refreshments, you are naive in the extreme, and have obviously never frequented the establishment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea hard man arrested on 10:34 - Jul 26 with 5587 viewsHighjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 10:28 - Jul 26 by raynor94

You honestly believe people leaving High Street station would think I'll pop up the Full Moon for refreshments, you are naive in the extreme, and have obviously never frequented the establishment

You’d imagine they’d have to rely on passing trade to stay in business. I suppose many would pop in there and leave alive without incident.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea hard man arrested on 10:51 - Jul 26 with 5561 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea hard man arrested on 08:55 - Jul 26 by jackrmee

Exactly. There's no pub I would think "best not drink in there, I might get killed".

You obviously never went in the Rum “Punch” in Townhill...

The Cape Horner was a nice place for cocktails of an afternoon.
Swansea hard man arrested on 11:09 - Jul 26 with 5554 viewsWingstandwood

I can assure you that not everyone that gets off a train is a middle class shrinking violet, I can also assure you that working class individuals, ruffy tuffy types, and contractor types would pop in there. It's only a f#cking pub not 1970's - 1990's winding lanes of Kilnasaggart Road South Armagh!

Argus!

Swansea hard man arrested on 11:17 - Jul 26 with 5539 viewsThrasher6

Even the arms of the chairs have tattoos....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea hard man arrested on 11:36 - Jul 26 with 5505 viewstheloneranger

Swansea hard man arrested on 10:51 - Jul 26 by WarwickHunt

You obviously never went in the Rum “Punch” in Townhill...

The Cape Horner was a nice place for cocktails of an afternoon.

The Rum was one of the first pubs I tasted a pint as a 15/16 year old.
Great bunch of "characters", BUT certainly a place if you went looking for trouble it would find you

I can well remember the so called dodgy pubs in Swansea ...
High Street, Wind Street and the Sandfields etc are some of the best times I had drinking. Many of these pubs had landlords who were "harder" than these so called "hard" men, but they were well respected, and didn't need bouncers on the door 😂

One of these type landlords, although in recent times was the late Philly James in the Garibaldi.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea hard man arrested on 11:39 - Jul 26 with 5499 viewsHighjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 11:09 - Jul 26 by Wingstandwood

I can assure you that not everyone that gets off a train is a middle class shrinking violet, I can also assure you that working class individuals, ruffy tuffy types, and contractor types would pop in there. It's only a f#cking pub not 1970's - 1990's winding lanes of Kilnasaggart Road South Armagh!

Yeah I can’t imagine any business would stay open for long if all their customers got routinely and savagely beaten the minute they cross the threshold.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Swansea hard man arrested on 11:58 - Jul 26 with 5472 viewsDr_Winston

Used to work behind the bar of the Full moon in about 1996 when my mother ran it for a bit. Full of dodgy characters even then, but not an especially violent place.

The guy who runs it now has had it for years. Can be an arsey bugger but not a villain. Got a loyal regular clientele who are generally happier drinking out of cans than draught which suits all parties. Played darts there a few times over the years with no problems.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea hard man arrested on 12:06 - Jul 26 with 5448 viewsHighjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 11:58 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

Used to work behind the bar of the Full moon in about 1996 when my mother ran it for a bit. Full of dodgy characters even then, but not an especially violent place.

The guy who runs it now has had it for years. Can be an arsey bugger but not a villain. Got a loyal regular clientele who are generally happier drinking out of cans than draught which suits all parties. Played darts there a few times over the years with no problems.

So it’s not some sort of Wild West saloon where the moment someone new walks in the music suddenly stops and everyone turns to look in silence, guns cocked?

Swansea hard man arrested on 12:12 - Jul 26 with 5441 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea hard man arrested on 12:06 - Jul 26 by Highjack

So it’s not some sort of Wild West saloon where the moment someone new walks in the music suddenly stops and everyone turns to look in silence, guns cocked?

Not in my experience.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea hard man arrested on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 5337 viewsSgorioFruit

the whole of Swansea is a dive

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swansea hard man arrested on 13:34 - Jul 26 with 5332 viewscontroversial_jack

I have on several occasions and never felt threatened or unwelcome. I even visited Jimmy Wilde's when it was open during the 70s, no trouble at all
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 13:37]
Swansea hard man arrested on 13:37 - Jul 26 with 5321 viewsHighjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 13:31 - Jul 26 by SgorioFruit

the whole of Swansea is a dive

Hard to argue with that.

Swansea hard man arrested on 13:43 - Jul 26 with 5310 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea hard man arrested on 11:36 - Jul 26 by theloneranger

The Rum was one of the first pubs I tasted a pint as a 15/16 year old.
Great bunch of "characters", BUT certainly a place if you went looking for trouble it would find you

I can well remember the so called dodgy pubs in Swansea ...
High Street, Wind Street and the Sandfields etc are some of the best times I had drinking. Many of these pubs had landlords who were "harder" than these so called "hard" men, but they were well respected, and didn't need bouncers on the door 😂

One of these type landlords, although in recent times was the late Philly James in the Garibaldi.

Used to love drinking in the Sandfields, especially with my old man who knew all the villains.

My cousin was Philly’s best mate. Not a pair you’d want to mess with...
Swansea hard man arrested on 13:46 - Jul 26 with 5305 viewsDarran

Swansea hard man arrested on 13:43 - Jul 26 by WarwickHunt

Used to love drinking in the Sandfields, especially with my old man who knew all the villains.

My cousin was Philly’s best mate. Not a pair you’d want to mess with...

Or your chum with the hatchet.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea hard man arrested on 14:03 - Jul 26 with 5281 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea hard man arrested on 13:46 - Jul 26 by Darran

Or your chum with the hatchet.

It didn’t do him much good.

Ask your mate, Hank...
Swansea hard man arrested on 16:47 - Jul 26 with 5122 viewspikeypaul

Have a guess what the disagreement was about.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Swansea hard man arrested on 16:52 - Jul 26 with 5112 viewsHighjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 16:47 - Jul 26 by pikeypaul

Have a guess what the disagreement was about.

Paddy Ashdown?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024