Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea hard man arrested 20:26 - Jul 20 with 120097 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-full-moon-pub-court-166197

I think Colin posted on here once as someone got their facts wrong about a club he was running.

Is Surman ok now? I heard he was very ill a few years back. A massive bloke.
Swansea hard man arrested on 18:48 - Aug 18 with 4769 viewsThrasher6

Swansea hard man arrested on 13:55 - Aug 18 by dickythorpe

Horrible public toilet looking boozer. Think it's been pulled down now.

The public toilet bit made me laugh...it was like that...had a stupid curved look...on its own...next to the road.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea hard man arrested on 18:53 - Aug 18 with 4762 viewsThrasher6

Swansea hard man arrested on 17:46 - Aug 18 by jacks777

God knows what impression anyone arriving in Swansea for the first time by train has.
All that area is a complete shite hole and a complete embarrassment.

A Pretty Shitty City...An Ugly, Lovely Town....it's all in the eye of the beholder...
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 7:43]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:06 - Aug 18 with 4734 viewsjacks777

Swansea hard man arrested on 18:53 - Aug 18 by Thrasher6

A Pretty Shitty City...An Ugly, Lovely Town....it's all in the eye of the beholder...
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 7:43]

Still a shite hole, unfortunately. Pointless spending money to improve things, because some of the people who seem to frequent that particular area, seem to have past the point of no return.
Swansea hard man arrested on 19:13 - Aug 18 with 4709 viewsraynor94

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:06 - Aug 18 by jacks777

Still a shite hole, unfortunately. Pointless spending money to improve things, because some of the people who seem to frequent that particular area, seem to have past the point of no return.

Upper high street yes, but heading into town they have made a real effort

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:17 - Aug 18 with 4695 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:06 - Aug 18 by jacks777

Factor in that a lot of the buildings that are an eyesore or boarded up are listed buildings, including the old Palace Nightclub.
Swansea hard man arrested on 19:22 - Aug 18 with 4666 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:13 - Aug 18 by raynor94

Upper high street yes, but heading into town they have made a real effort

They've made an effort Rayn's but in reality from The Grand on one side to Alexander House on the other, it needs flattening all the way to Castle square!
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:20 - Aug 18 with 4567 viewsjackrmee

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:22 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

They've made an effort Rayn's but in reality from The Grand on one side to Alexander House on the other, it needs flattening all the way to Castle square!

I thought it looks pretty cool up that end now.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:42 - Aug 18 with 4509 viewsVetchfielder

I think the stretch from the station down to Argos has improved a lot over the last 3 or so years. Still a few derelict properties just down from the Grand but maybe somebody will step in there when the new student accommodation opens up. BTW, the University is keeping Swansea alive - goodness knows what it would be like with it.

The Palace needs to bought by the Council and redeveloped as something, don't know what, but it would be a starting point for improving that stretch north of the Station. That's another massive and dauting challenge though but they have to do something - it's crying out for it - screaming out for it.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:44 - Aug 18 with 4501 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:20 - Aug 18 by jackrmee

I thought it looks pretty cool up that end now.

Cool!

Mostly a mix of derelict buildings and outdated pre war eyesores!
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:45 - Aug 18 with 4495 viewsBLAZE

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:22 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

It's the Grand up to Dyfatty that's the sh*thole. The Grand to Castle Street is much improved with more work ongoing

For me the work over the last 5 years has been mostly positive. Castle Street and Princess Way is much better with a lot more activity at night. I'm sceptical about the Kingsway development though, simply because I expect two way traffic across just two lanes to cause absolute pandemonium
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:48 - Aug 18 with 4478 viewsBLAZE

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:42 - Aug 18 by Vetchfielder

I think the stretch from the station down to Argos has improved a lot over the last 3 or so years. Still a few derelict properties just down from the Grand but maybe somebody will step in there when the new student accommodation opens up. BTW, the University is keeping Swansea alive - goodness knows what it would be like with it.

The Palace needs to bought by the Council and redeveloped as something, don't know what, but it would be a starting point for improving that stretch north of the Station. That's another massive and dauting challenge though but they have to do something - it's crying out for it - screaming out for it.

Both universities in fairness. UWTSD have invested a lot too. The ALEX building (old library) is a stunner
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:48 - Aug 18 with 4470 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea hard man arrested on 19:17 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

Factor in that a lot of the buildings that are an eyesore or boarded up are listed buildings, including the old Palace Nightclub.

Knock them down anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:54 - Aug 18 with 4444 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:45 - Aug 18 by BLAZE

It's the Grand up to Dyfatty that's the sh*thole. The Grand to Castle Street is much improved with more work ongoing

For me the work over the last 5 years has been mostly positive. Castle Street and Princess Way is much better with a lot more activity at night. I'm sceptical about the Kingsway development though, simply because I expect two way traffic across just two lanes to cause absolute pandemonium

It's had what you would call 'a lick of paint' Blaze. Nowhere near good enough for the entrance to our city, it needs major redevelopment, even if it means eliminating retail from the area completely.
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:54 - Aug 18 with 4437 viewsjacks777

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:44 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

Cool!

Mostly a mix of derelict buildings and outdated pre war eyesores!

It ain’t going to get better. I’d rather see a smaller city centre in terms of shopping and more residential with more apartments etc.
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:57 - Aug 18 with 4418 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:48 - Aug 18 by Dr_Winston

Knock them down anyway.

I think that's what the owner of The Palace has in mind. Didn't he purchase it for £100k, and now left it to fall into further disrepair?
Swansea hard man arrested on 20:58 - Aug 18 with 4400 viewsBLAZE

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:54 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

It's had what you would call 'a lick of paint' Blaze. Nowhere near good enough for the entrance to our city, it needs major redevelopment, even if it means eliminating retail from the area completely.

Well whatever has been done, it's going in the right direction IMO
Swansea hard man arrested on 21:05 - Aug 18 with 4366 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 20:58 - Aug 18 by BLAZE

Well whatever has been done, it's going in the right direction IMO

You're to easily pleased Blaze!
Swansea hard man arrested on 21:06 - Aug 18 with 4355 viewsBLAZE

Probably

I like what they've done to the Strand too
Swansea hard man arrested on 22:33 - Aug 18 with 4244 viewsKilkennyjack

Can we just relocate the station as a quicker fix ? 🚂

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea hard man arrested on 23:10 - Aug 18 with 4205 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 22:33 - Aug 18 by Kilkennyjack

Can we just relocate the station as a quicker fix ? 🚂

That's exactly what the Welsh assembly have in mind. Swansea Parkway. Whereby it would be easier for potential visitors to Swansea from West Wales to go direct to Cardiff instead.
Swansea hard man arrested on 06:51 - Aug 19 with 4075 viewsDr_Winston

You can spend as much money as you like on the buildings of High Street. Without fixing the people frequenting there's always going to be problems.

You'd basically need Police patrols 24/7 harrassing and moving on the deadheads to make a difference, and it probably won't even make that much of one because quite a lot of them live there, and all you'd basically be doing is moving the problem elsewhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea hard man arrested on 06:54 - Aug 19 with 4068 viewssainthelens

Centre started going downhill soon as they shut the Vetch.
Swansea hard man arrested on 07:02 - Aug 19 with 4042 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea hard man arrested on 23:10 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

That's exactly what the Welsh assembly have in mind. Swansea Parkway. Whereby it would be easier for potential visitors to Swansea from West Wales to go direct to Cardiff instead.

I was thinking more walking distance to Quadrant.

The cost benefit of a Swansea Parkway would be interesting.
I thought that snivelling Tory weasel little Alun Cairns was involved ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/plan-20m-ra

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea hard man arrested on 07:38 - Aug 19 with 3989 viewsSPboy

Swansea hard man arrested on 06:51 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

You can spend as much money as you like on the buildings of High Street. Without fixing the people frequenting there's always going to be problems.

You'd basically need Police patrols 24/7 harrassing and moving on the deadheads to make a difference, and it probably won't even make that much of one because quite a lot of them live there, and all you'd basically be doing is moving the problem elsewhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The area around the station is one of the most highly policed areas in Swansea. They have failed miserably moving the deadheads as you call them on. In fact the number of deadheads is growing steadily with the streets around Mansel street & Waters road also infested with junkies & deadheads. Hopefully the hundreds of student flats being built will help raise the standard of the area
Swansea hard man arrested on 08:56 - Aug 19 with 3922 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea hard man arrested on 07:38 - Aug 19 by SPboy

The area around the station is one of the most highly policed areas in Swansea. They have failed miserably moving the deadheads as you call them on. In fact the number of deadheads is growing steadily with the streets around Mansel street & Waters road also infested with junkies & deadheads. Hopefully the hundreds of student flats being built will help raise the standard of the area

They have to go somewhere!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024