Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone... 18:16 - Jul 21 with 1280 viewswaynekerr55

Work for the DNO or do high voltage connections?

I've got the Power Network coming around tomorrow to look at my cut out. My guess is that the poor sod who owned my house was diddled as they appear to have run the meter tails through 'newer' fuses into the old cast iron cut out (through a fùcking wall) as a means of not needing to dig up and joint the cable

My question I will ask them (but obviously want someone who does this work to see if I'm barking up the wrong tree) would be if it would be possible to run new cable through the existing entry point (this is already accessible as the builders dug up the path for me) and then joint to the old cable.

The old cable enters the building and joins the cut out vertically so I assume it's not possible to bend the current cable given its age. I'd like to have the fuse in the top left corner against the wall.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1rbwvpqfe/

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Anyone... on 18:21 - Jul 21 with 1268 viewsDarran

Thanks for letting us know and don’t forget to post the outcome because I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say I won’t be able to sleep tonight.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone... on 18:49 - Jul 21 with 1237 viewswaynekerr55

Anyone... on 18:21 - Jul 21 by Darran

Thanks for letting us know and don’t forget to post the outcome because I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say I won’t be able to sleep tonight.

Anyone... on 20:05 - Jul 21 with 1190 viewsBrynCartwright

WTF?....

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Anyone... on 20:14 - Jul 21 with 1169 viewsDr_Winston

You don't seem to be having an awful lot of luck with this house.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone... on 20:24 - Jul 21 with 1154 viewswaynekerr55

Anyone... on 20:14 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

To be fair it's been pretty good. It's only this issue that needs resolving. It is a 1930s house that was owned by the same family for high on 70 years

Anyone... on 20:31 - Jul 21 with 1143 viewsDarran

Anyone... on 20:14 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

Not surprising when the dregs of Planetswans helped build it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone... on 21:24 - Jul 21 with 1088 viewslonglostjack

A pity DGT doesn’t post on here any longer. He’d know how to fix it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Anyone... on 01:48 - Jul 22 with 1017 viewsDJack

Anyone... on 20:31 - Jul 21 by Darran

Not surprising when the dregs of Planetswans helped build it.

I never knew that you were a handyman...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone... on 09:11 - Jul 22 with 958 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone... on 20:24 - Jul 21 by waynekerr55

To be fair it's been pretty good. It's only this issue that needs resolving. It is a 1930s house that was owned by the same family for high on 70 years

The Addams Family?
Anyone... on 09:23 - Jul 22 with 944 viewswaynekerr55

Anyone... on 09:11 - Jul 22 by WarwickHunt

The Addams Family?

Might as well have been. When I was boarding the loft ready to get the boiler mover there, I found flat packed boxes from the 70s and a cardboard crate used for lettuce that said "display until 14th April 1994" underneath the rock wool. The lazy twàts obviously saw that they weren't compos mentis and just chucked the stuff over it.

I've got the other half to board and no doubt I'll find some delights there!

Anyone... on 10:05 - Jul 22 with 917 viewsEbo

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Anyone... on 10:39 - Jul 22 with 906 viewsjackmorsel

Hi Wayne,

Just mentioned to my brother who is a meter and HV engineer for several DNO's.

His view is that the DNO will replace the cut out and it looks like you have a fused neutral which will automatically mean a new cut out. However whether they will move the new cut out will be at their discretion. Generally where the cable runs up through the floor as yours is they just replace the cut out at that point.

They may however put two cutouts in, one where you old one is and then run another tail to another one at your desired location and you can box the one close to the floor. Worth asking. He said it would be unlikely that they would run and joint a new cable in the footpath or anywhere else. Re the cut out he said he would do it if he was asked, a lot of the engineers are contract like him and will generally be helpful, a few cups of tea and being pleasant always goes far!

BTW I did meet you in a taxi going to Ar$enal away a few years ago with e Paul!

Simon
Anyone... on 15:24 - Jul 22 with 859 viewsGlyn1

Don't keep us and Darran in suspense - what happened next?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 17:50]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Anyone... on 17:36 - Jul 22 with 830 viewswaynekerr55

Anyone... on 10:39 - Jul 22 by jackmorsel

Hi Wayne,

Just mentioned to my brother who is a meter and HV engineer for several DNO's.

His view is that the DNO will replace the cut out and it looks like you have a fused neutral which will automatically mean a new cut out. However whether they will move the new cut out will be at their discretion. Generally where the cable runs up through the floor as yours is they just replace the cut out at that point.

They may however put two cutouts in, one where you old one is and then run another tail to another one at your desired location and you can box the one close to the floor. Worth asking. He said it would be unlikely that they would run and joint a new cable in the footpath or anywhere else. Re the cut out he said he would do it if he was asked, a lot of the engineers are contract like him and will generally be helpful, a few cups of tea and being pleasant always goes far!

BTW I did meet you in a taxi going to Ar$enal away a few years ago with e Paul!

Simon

Hi Simon

Yeah the 2 all game where the ref blew up when DeGuzman was through on goal.

Top man, the guy said there are options but I'd have to pay. Short term pain for the gain of the downstairs toilet!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024