Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else miss the Evening Post website 15:35 - Jul 23 with 1965 viewsJacket

I know it wasn't the best, but it was some coverage online unlike what we have know. With it being incorporated into the Wales Online website it seems in terms of the Swans we don't get any coverage on transfer speculation and the like. While WO are working themselves into a fever over Cardiff despite only three uninspiring signings being made and some key players leaving, the coverage we get is wholeheartedly negative and uninformed really. It's written by journalists sitting infront of computers in Cardiff re-hashing twitter gossip without a real feel for the club or its supporters, or any inside knowledge regarding comings and goings. The jurnos they have covering the Swans aren't from the area, hardly ever come to the area, how on earth are they supposed to build up contacts when they only rarely see people from here.

I know I could still buy the paper, but nowadays we're used to updates on our phones and stuff, so there's nothing to fill the gap left by 5he EP website, which I miss despite it's obvious failings.
Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 16:33 - Jul 23 with 1867 viewsLeonWasGod

WOL is sh*te, that's for sure. For the amount of coverage, the quality, and worst of all those pop-up and ads that take an age to load. I ignore any link if I'm looking at this place on my phone or iPad - can't be arsed to wait for them to load.
Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 16:41 - Jul 23 with 1848 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Gareth Vincent was a really good writer for the EP. He's with BBC Wales now, but doesn't seem to be doing the same day-to-day coverage of the Swans as he once was.

Wales Online is clickbait trash that treats their readers like idiots. Besides that, I get the impression that their staff is mostly Cardiff supporters, but that's far from its biggest problem.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 16:44]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 16:45 - Jul 23 with 1837 views1983

First time in Swansea today for a long time and I just bought the EP and it’s got 10 pages of puzzles!! WTF??

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 16:57 - Jul 23 with 1805 viewsDarran

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 16:41 - Jul 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

Gareth Vincent was a really good writer for the EP. He's with BBC Wales now, but doesn't seem to be doing the same day-to-day coverage of the Swans as he once was.

Wales Online is clickbait trash that treats their readers like idiots. Besides that, I get the impression that their staff is mostly Cardiff supporters, but that's far from its biggest problem.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 16:44]

“Gareth Vincent was a really good writer for the EP”

lol leave the drugs alone Michael.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:14 - Jul 23 with 1766 viewsBrynCartwright

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 16:33 - Jul 23 by LeonWasGod

WOL is sh*te, that's for sure. For the amount of coverage, the quality, and worst of all those pop-up and ads that take an age to load. I ignore any link if I'm looking at this place on my phone or iPad - can't be arsed to wait for them to load.

An ad-blocker makes the Wales on line site load much faster. Other sites,like CNN or the Daily Mash get well tetchy over ad-blockers, but all you need to do is disable the blocker on a site by site basis. Think it was Swervy who mentioned it in an recent thread, though I may be wrong.

Apart from that the WoL site is still shite.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:15 - Jul 23 with 1761 viewsLeonWasGod

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:14 - Jul 23 by BrynCartwright

An ad-blocker makes the Wales on line site load much faster. Other sites,like CNN or the Daily Mash get well tetchy over ad-blockers, but all you need to do is disable the blocker on a site by site basis. Think it was Swervy who mentioned it in an recent thread, though I may be wrong.

Apart from that the WoL site is still shite.

Yeah cheers, I've one set up on my pc but not on mobile devices. I should look into that.
Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:17 - Jul 23 with 1758 viewsmonmouth

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 16:57 - Jul 23 by Darran

Aye, my eyes started bleeding when I read that. Vincent was the arse licker’s arse licker.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:19 - Jul 23 with 1750 viewsDarran

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:17 - Jul 23 by monmouth

Aye, my eyes started bleeding when I read that. Vincent was the arse licker’s arse licker.

😂

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:50 - Jul 23 with 1712 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 16:57 - Jul 23 by Darran

Maybe it's all relative. Who would you say does or did a better job covering the Swans for any commercial media in recent years?

For me, far and away the best Swansea City writer was Max Hicks, who used to work for ESPN and now just freelances a little. Vincent was a distant 2nd; and after that, everyone else is pretty terrible.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:53 - Jul 23 with 1707 viewsmonmouth

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:50 - Jul 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

Maybe it's all relative. Who would you say does or did a better job covering the Swans for any commercial media in recent years?

For me, far and away the best Swansea City writer was Max Hicks, who used to work for ESPN and now just freelances a little. Vincent was a distant 2nd; and after that, everyone else is pretty terrible.

John Burgum.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anybody else miss the Evening Post website on 17:54 - Jul 23 with 1704 viewsHighjack

Used to enjoy the “pointless evening post story of the day” thread on here a few years back.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024