Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. 12:07 - Jul 24 with 11794 viewsSwanseaman

I heard CR going mad and him giving asoro abuse for a stray pass, think f*ck off was included in it.

then there was another time he went mad again at 4min 45 secs on the highlights. it seems way over the top for me, all the players have made errors here and there during the friendly games. What good is it going to do shouting abuse at asoro. It came across like CR believes asoro is the youngster, so he can give him grief.

what is CR like with him on the training ground or the dressing room. asoro has loads of raw talent, often jealousy can cause the way CR is treating him. It won't help asoros confidence.

I'd enjoy watching asoro play, I don't want to think that connor roberts is out to ruin his selection chances. I hope cooper has a word about it.

highlights at 4:45:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/highlights-bristol-rovers-0-swansea-city-3
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 12:13]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:13 - Jul 24 with 5792 views34dfgdf54

The 4:45 was deserved, he didn't track back.

When was the other one? Is it on the highlights?
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:14 - Jul 24 with 5783 viewsshandyjack

that happens up and down the football pyramid. Asoro played a few lazy passes early on and CR did what any FB would do to the wide man infront of him and let him know he was playing like a melt and to sharpen up.
Stop being a snowflake

Poll: Expectation for the season

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:16 - Jul 24 with 5768 viewsshandyjack

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:13 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

you can see that Asoro is just jogging back leaving CR 2 on 1 and allowing a BR player to get a free shot off

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:17 - Jul 24 with 5761 viewsSwanseaman

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:13 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

they didn't include it

the 4:45 was deserved, but if it was a different player who had made the same error, CR wouldn't go as mad with them as he seems to with asoro.

The one where he CR goes really mad, asoro has made a mistake, but CR went right over the top about it [like anything asoro does wrong makes his blood boil]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:22 - Jul 24 with 5712 views34dfgdf54

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:17 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

they didn't include it

the 4:45 was deserved, but if it was a different player who had made the same error, CR wouldn't go as mad with them as he seems to with asoro.

The one where he CR goes really mad, asoro has made a mistake, but CR went right over the top about it [like anything asoro does wrong makes his blood boil]

I've always thought Roberts comes across as a bit of a big time charlie. Said before, and I'll say again, he has a great engine and potential to be a quality right back, but at present is vastly overrated by our fan base. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Naughton start above him against Hull.
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 5712 viewsJinxy

I think CR was right to have a go. Shocking, lazy defending by Asoro - he looked like he was arguing that he was tracking the other player but he simply switched off and was strolling around. He should have apologised and sorted it out imo. Unacceptable defending and would be likely heavily punished in a competitive match.
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 5707 viewsSwanseaman

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:14 - Jul 24 by shandyjack

that happens up and down the football pyramid. Asoro played a few lazy passes early on and CR did what any FB would do to the wide man infront of him and let him know he was playing like a melt and to sharpen up.
Stop being a snowflake

I've seen lots of errors during the friendlies, and there's a shake of the head, then the player who made the mistake will hold his hand up, end of.

Do you think that because asoro is a youngster that it's okay to go crazy with him, whereas if mcburnie had made the same mistake, he wouldn't' say boo to him

CR is the one being the snowflake

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:25 - Jul 24 with 5699 viewsSwanseaman

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:23 - Jul 24 by Jinxy

I think CR was right to have a go. Shocking, lazy defending by Asoro - he looked like he was arguing that he was tracking the other player but he simply switched off and was strolling around. He should have apologised and sorted it out imo. Unacceptable defending and would be likely heavily punished in a competitive match.

the highlights missed out the time the CR went really mad with asoro for a stray pass, as if asoro was the only one who had made a stray pass in that game?

Login to get fewer ads

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 5623 viewsNeath_Jack

Roberts is becoming a big time Charlie.

There's no need to speak to an inexperienced team mate like that during a f*cking friendly.

Needs to up his game this season, signed a new contract and thought he's made it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:49 - Jul 24 with 5580 viewsBadlands

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:23 - Jul 24 by Jinxy

Roberts was way out of order and had he done that on a parks pitch or more profession grounds the player on the receiving end would have gone toe-to-toe.
The one I noticed, which was accompanied by foul language from Roberts, was a pass hat looked like it was intended for Byers but it wasn't a great pass and Byers didn't read it so Roberts tried to clean up.
Connor has developed some serious anger problems - maybe he didn't like the rockets he was getting from Hoorn last season, maybe he believes he should have had a big pay day like his mates or that Naughton shouldn't be playing. Whatever the reason, he needs to wind it in and concentrate on his own game that has been steadily deteriorating.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:49 - Jul 24 with 5580 viewsshandyjack

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:23 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

I've seen lots of errors during the friendlies, and there's a shake of the head, then the player who made the mistake will hold his hand up, end of.

Do you think that because asoro is a youngster that it's okay to go crazy with him, whereas if mcburnie had made the same mistake, he wouldn't' say boo to him

CR is the one being the snowflake

there are genuine errors and then there are unforced error due to lazyness, The times you are pointing at are down to lazyness, we don't know whats been said on training pitch, maybe he's encouraged him loads and is fed up of Asoro not listeining

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:54 - Jul 24 with 5559 viewsItchySphincter

Connor Roberts got it in for Asoro? on 12:22 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

I've always thought Roberts comes across as a bit of a big time charlie. Said before, and I'll say again, he has a great engine and potential to be a quality right back, but at present is vastly overrated by our fan base. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Naughton start above him against Hull.

Sense.

Connor Roberts gets a pass because he's a jack. Vastly overrated.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:56 - Jul 24 with 5544 viewsItchySphincter

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:49 - Jul 24 by Badlands

Roberts was way out of order and had he done that on a parks pitch or more profession grounds the player on the receiving end would have gone toe-to-toe.
The one I noticed, which was accompanied by foul language from Roberts, was a pass hat looked like it was intended for Byers but it wasn't a great pass and Byers didn't read it so Roberts tried to clean up.
Connor has developed some serious anger problems - maybe he didn't like the rockets he was getting from Hoorn last season, maybe he believes he should have had a big pay day like his mates or that Naughton shouldn't be playing. Whatever the reason, he needs to wind it in and concentrate on his own game that has been steadily deteriorating.

I saw that the same way and thought Byers could have done a little more.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:57 - Jul 24 with 5538 viewsJinxy

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:49 - Jul 24 by shandyjack

there are genuine errors and then there are unforced error due to lazyness, The times you are pointing at are down to lazyness, we don't know whats been said on training pitch, maybe he's encouraged him loads and is fed up of Asoro not listeining

That's how the one instance looked to me - lazy. No-one should be shouted at etc. if they are trying their best - but deserve it if they are just strolling, flat footed when the opposition is attacking and not making themselves aware of what is going on around them. It also shows CR cares and has passion, albeit a friendly.
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:59 - Jul 24 with 5526 viewsBadlands

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:56 - Jul 24 by ItchySphincter

I saw that the same way and thought Byers could have done a little more.

Just a couple of players, having not long come on, not used to playing together and in a pre-season game not being on the same wavelength for one pass.
Given Roberts is no long setting the world alight I'd bench him for Atalanta and until he get his head sorted out.
It's been creeping in since his Wales debut.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 13:00 - Jul 24 with 5522 viewsNotLoyal

Same as Chris Coleman and Tommy Hutchinson, allegedly made Coleman's life hell.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 13:12 - Jul 24 with 5464 viewsjack247

Still don’t know what to make of Asoro. He reminds me of Montero in some ways (though not on the same level). Pace to burn, low centre of gravity, has the acceleration to knock a ball on and just burst past his man.

Sometimes looks like no one has ever taken the time to teach him how to play football though. That long pass back down the line without even looking up, being out of position, ambling when he should be sprinting to a covering position. It’s like he struggles to read play or know what to do in certain situations.
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 13:50 - Jul 24 with 5328 viewsGeoffThom

Some of the comments on here are laughable anyone who's played team sports knows that if you don't keep up to speed you get pelters
Asoro fecked up a couple of times and deservedly for a flea in his ear ,get over it and try and do better
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 13:53 - Jul 24 with 5301 viewsjasper_T

Wasn't just stray it was a hospital pass. Connor had to chase back and put himself into a 50-50.

van der Hoorn dishes out similar abuse every game. Joe and Connor both get earfuls.
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 13:58 - Jul 24 with 5286 viewsSwanseaman

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 12:49 - Jul 24 by shandyjack

the one that led to the bristol shot at goal, asoro seemed to start to run towards the bristol player, then decided to leave, possible he saw CR running up?

could it have been that he was worried that CR would have shouted at him if he'd got in his way? could CR be messing asoros head up and messing his game up.

and it wasn't as if asoro had been playing badly, he was having a great game. it annoyed me to see an obviously less skillful player shouting at the better player, like how many mistakes had CR made during the bristol game (or the other friendly games).

with the pass back, it looked a mistake more than a lazy pass to me, but the point is there is no need to go so mad especially with a talented youngster who is learning, plus it's supposed to be a friendly game.

with most games i see where players start to argue with each other my thoughts are that team has lost the plot, and they usually do go on to lose. if i were cooper i'd keep an eye on CR, because if he's acting like that during championship matches and we end up losing, it could be that he is ruining the moral of the team, with his own anger/frustration issues.

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 14:01 - Jul 24 with 5270 viewsraynor94

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 13:58 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

the one that led to the bristol shot at goal, asoro seemed to start to run towards the bristol player, then decided to leave, possible he saw CR running up?

could it have been that he was worried that CR would have shouted at him if he'd got in his way? could CR be messing asoros head up and messing his game up.

and it wasn't as if asoro had been playing badly, he was having a great game. it annoyed me to see an obviously less skillful player shouting at the better player, like how many mistakes had CR made during the bristol game (or the other friendly games).

with the pass back, it looked a mistake more than a lazy pass to me, but the point is there is no need to go so mad especially with a talented youngster who is learning, plus it's supposed to be a friendly game.

with most games i see where players start to argue with each other my thoughts are that team has lost the plot, and they usually do go on to lose. if i were cooper i'd keep an eye on CR, because if he's acting like that during championship matches and we end up losing, it could be that he is ruining the moral of the team, with his own anger/frustration issues.

I think you are looking far to deep into this

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 14:03 - Jul 24 with 5261 viewsSwanseaman

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 13:50 - Jul 24 by GeoffThom

Some of the comments on here are laughable anyone who's played team sports knows that if you don't keep up to speed you get pelters
Asoro fecked up a couple of times and deservedly for a flea in his ear ,get over it and try and do better

why is it asoro that was getting the pelters, didn't see it happening when other were making mistakes.

and that wasn't a normal telling off, it was way over the top. when i saw it i thought 'what is his problem'

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 14:03 - Jul 24 with 5258 viewsscruffyjack

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 13:50 - Jul 24 by GeoffThom

Well said
Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 14:06 - Jul 24 with 5242 viewsSwanseaman

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 14:01 - Jul 24 by raynor94

I think you are looking far to deep into this

possibly.

it may be that CR gets on with asoro great and gives him lots of praise when he gets things right.

but if all he's doing is shouting at him at every opportunity, then I may be correct.

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 14:07 - Jul 24 with 5241 viewsshandyjack

Connor Roberts abuse of Asoro. on 14:03 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

why is it asoro that was getting the pelters, didn't see it happening when other were making mistakes.

and that wasn't a normal telling off, it was way over the top. when i saw it i thought 'what is his problem'

maybe Asoro has been making the same mistakes and displaying the same lazyness in trg and CR has had enough

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024