Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yanks don't seem so bad. 19:27 - Jul 25 with 10339 viewsjackrmee

Cue the down arrows and hate haha.

Reason I say this is because of the Birch appointment, the way they've given him almost total control to enable him to build a, quite frankly, highly exciting backroom team and potential for our club.

OK, player signings have been slow and last years clearout was harsh, but it really seems like we are moving forward now.

I am extremely happy with the non playing staff we have acquired this year and although we are only looking at loans or free transfers in this transfer window, these non players are definitely not free or cheap. They are a mix of young and hungry, and experienced and knowledgeable.

We are most definitely moving forward.

The words of our new head of recruitment shows that he is looking to be here for a while to come and I think he may just be the dogs bollocks (even though I didn't really know his background before).
If anyone is not chuffed with this article, they must be already dead (or a Cardiff fan) https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andy-scott-hopes-further-swansea-city-additions

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:54 - Jul 25 with 1690 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 20:53 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

Beyond naive.

I may well live to regret my optimism but it can’t be denied that we as a club have got some very good personnel on board. Whether Cooper and Marsh cut the mustard - yes the jury is out - although I’ve been pleasantly surprised by our pre season performances. Never mind the nature of the opposition, the cohesiveness of our play has been extremely encouraging.

I reserve the right to be optimistic and mildly excited.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:06 - Jul 25 with 1662 viewsmarchamjack

Anyone who thinks the Yanks aren’t so bad clearly has a very short and selective memory and ignores how they have treated The Trust

Not for me, wouldn’t trust those Yankee c**** further than I could throw them

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:09 - Jul 25 with 1656 viewsSwanseaman

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:54 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

I may well live to regret my optimism but it can’t be denied that we as a club have got some very good personnel on board. Whether Cooper and Marsh cut the mustard - yes the jury is out - although I’ve been pleasantly surprised by our pre season performances. Never mind the nature of the opposition, the cohesiveness of our play has been extremely encouraging.

I reserve the right to be optimistic and mildly excited.

i'm reserving my right to be fully optimistic until after the transfer window deadline. I do feel quite optimistic with what i've seen on the pitch so far, but i've just got a nagging feeling that i may get some disappointment soon.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:13 - Jul 25 with 1641 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:06 - Jul 25 by marchamjack

Anyone who thinks the Yanks aren’t so bad clearly has a very short and selective memory and ignores how they have treated The Trust

Not for me, wouldn’t trust those Yankee c**** further than I could throw them

The previous board sidelined the trust, and didn’t they lie to the Americans about the trusts shareholding or something similar?

I don’t trust them that much because they have no proper connection like our old saviours. Mind you that didn’t stop them screwing us either eh?

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:20 - Jul 25 with 1619 viewsDippy

Jenkins is gone, and the yanks look a lot better. Coincidence?

Poll: Cooper Out

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:24 - Jul 25 with 1614 viewsDarran

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:09 - Jul 25 by Swanseaman

i'm reserving my right to be fully optimistic until after the transfer window deadline. I do feel quite optimistic with what i've seen on the pitch so far, but i've just got a nagging feeling that i may get some disappointment soon.

⚫️

Well said.

⚫️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:29 - Jul 25 with 1602 viewsdobjack2

They got sold a pup; are trying to minimise their losses by appointing birch instead of the clueless pearlman and our former chairman and don’t give a flying one about the fans or the area.

If you think they don’t seem so bad then I can only assume that you are comparing them to the owners of Bury.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:44 - Jul 25 with 1564 viewsSwanseaman

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:24 - Jul 25 by Darran

⚫️

Well said.

⚫️

⚫️

cheers

⚫️

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:47 - Jul 25 with 1556 viewsDarran

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:44 - Jul 25 by Swanseaman

⚫️

cheers

⚫️

⚫️

Thanks.

⚫️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 23:51 - Jul 25 with 1491 viewsswan65split

Our days of spending big and the prem have gone thanks to that twot HJ.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 00:13 - Jul 26 with 1467 viewsLeonWasGod

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 20:02 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

This summer has been the most positive one since they took over I reckon.

Agree, although it's easy to be positive in the close season. Let's see how performances and results go once we start.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 00:24 - Jul 26 with 1462 viewsJacket

Birchy is an excellent chairman thus far it has to be said. I kind of hope he's here for the long haul not just to clear the decks for a re-sale which is his usual MO. The downside of him staying is that "the 27" would still be around.

I'm just weary that all the good work could be undone if Oli and the Horn leave with out giving Scotty to beam up proper replacements.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 00:55 - Jul 26 with 1451 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 00:24 - Jul 26 by Jacket

Birchy is an excellent chairman thus far it has to be said. I kind of hope he's here for the long haul not just to clear the decks for a re-sale which is his usual MO. The downside of him staying is that "the 27" would still be around.

I'm just weary that all the good work could be undone if Oli and the Horn leave with out giving Scotty to beam up proper replacements.

I’m sure if he negotiated the sale of the club on their behalf that the new owners would want him to stay on

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 01:12 - Jul 26 with 1438 viewsjackrmee

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:16 - Jul 25 by PatchesOHoulihan

We were looking ok at this stage of the season last year too even up until after Sheffield united so let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves

All very well playing hardball at the moment but we could be doing something completely different just before the window closes like last time

It's not just about this window though. The structure being set up behind the scenes and the amount of new, quality staff coming in seems to me to be really good. How long we can keep hold of the management team if we do well is neither here nor there, if Birch and the recruitment team are as good as they seem to be.
I don't think I've seen such organisation and planning behind the scenes at this club before.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 06:46 - Jul 26 with 1349 viewsWhiterockin

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 21:42 - Jul 25 by Luther27

Think I'll make a judgment in 14 years time and not before a ball is kicked in anger.

Best not to make a rash decision.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 07:30 - Jul 26 with 1303 viewsJacket

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 01:12 - Jul 26 by jackrmee

It's not just about this window though. The structure being set up behind the scenes and the amount of new, quality staff coming in seems to me to be really good. How long we can keep hold of the management team if we do well is neither here nor there, if Birch and the recruitment team are as good as they seem to be.
I don't think I've seen such organisation and planning behind the scenes at this club before.

The hope of course with the recruitment guy and the analyst being Birch, Britton and Curtis' appointments is that they won't be following Cooper out the door if he leaves like the whole shebang did when Potter left.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 08:38 - Jul 26 with 1227 viewsjackrmee

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 22:29 - Jul 25 by dobjack2

They got sold a pup; are trying to minimise their losses by appointing birch instead of the clueless pearlman and our former chairman and don’t give a flying one about the fans or the area.

If you think they don’t seem so bad then I can only assume that you are comparing them to the owners of Bury.

Bury? Haven't got a clue who their owners are.

I'm not saying we have the best owners in the world. Far from. Just saying that they are not the evil asset strippers we are being led to believe.

They are definitely building things now, not ripping things apart.
Yes, they are a hedge fund and want to make money, but so do 90% of club's owners and many are far worse.

We have a plan now, by the looks of it and it's starting to show. The seeds are being sown at a decent rate. Hopefully we can keep moving forward slowly and will bear fruit in a couple of years.
I'm confident we will be back in the prem in a few years, in a steady ship, with a very solid base.

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 08:41 - Jul 26 with 1225 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 01:12 - Jul 26 by jackrmee

This . The infrastructure behind the scenes is something which used to be either jobs for the boys or not having the right contacts to land a good balanced backroom team. In this respect we may be better now than we’ve ever been.

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 08:45 - Jul 26 with 1216 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 07:30 - Jul 26 by Jacket

The hope of course with the recruitment guy and the analyst being Birch, Britton and Curtis' appointments is that they won't be following Cooper out the door if he leaves like the whole shebang did when Potter left.

I don’t think they will, making the club an attractive proposition for aspiring managers due to the support they will receive in the post. Great training facilities also come into the equation. And we all assume Cooper would jump at the first PL offer that came around, maybe he views himself as someone needing to properly cut his teeth here first. But in the worst case scenario I agree it won’t be as traumatic as when some of our other managers left.

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 08:46 - Jul 26 with 1215 viewsjackrmee

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 00:55 - Jul 26 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m sure if he negotiated the sale of the club on their behalf that the new owners would want him to stay on

New owners could even be the trust if they win the legal battle and get their £21mil.
But that would probably mean the club would have to go backwards so the club's value is lower.

Either way, I think it's looking good.

a) We carry on building as we are and Birch gets us into a good saleable position in the prem. Happy days! (fingers crossed he finds us a decent new owner)

b) It goes wrong, we don't improve and the yanks cut their losses and sell for cheap. Trust should have enough bunsen in the bank to buy a higher stake than they had before and REALLY have some say in our football club.

c) Fuk knows

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 08:51 - Jul 26 with 1204 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 08:38 - Jul 26 by jackrmee

Bury? Haven't got a clue who their owners are.

I'm not saying we have the best owners in the world. Far from. Just saying that they are not the evil asset strippers we are being led to believe.

They are definitely building things now, not ripping things apart.
Yes, they are a hedge fund and want to make money, but so do 90% of club's owners and many are far worse.

We have a plan now, by the looks of it and it's starting to show. The seeds are being sown at a decent rate. Hopefully we can keep moving forward slowly and will bear fruit in a couple of years.
I'm confident we will be back in the prem in a few years, in a steady ship, with a very solid base.

At the end of the day business people run on reputation. It’s not going to look good on them if they were to take premier league Swansea City and leave the club fighting for its very existence after having all its assets stripped bare dow the bottom of league one.
I think sometimes people forget this. Their actions post Huw have shown in my opinion that it’s not what they’re about. Financial stability and balancing the books? Yes, I think they’re guilty of that.

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:00 - Jul 26 with 1190 viewsjack247

Jesus. This thread is the football equivalent of Stockholm syndrome.
Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:03 - Jul 26 with 1183 viewsjackrmee

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:00 - Jul 26 by jack247

I just had deja-vu.
Then I had deja-vu about the deja-vu.
Have you said that before?

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:10 - Jul 26 with 1168 viewsSwanseaman

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:00 - Jul 26 by jack247

✵

i'm hopeful the yanks will develop lima syndrome

✵

Yanks don't seem so bad. on 09:48 - Jul 26 with 1141 viewsJinxy

It's a bit like blaming a bad manager in a work environment isn't it. The blame lies with whoever appointed and manages him/her in the first place. The sellers sold irresponsibly, quickly and covertly - evidently not really caring as to the integrity or intentions of the buyers. I'd prefer different owners tbh, ones who would invest as oppose to just look for profit.

However I agree with the OP in that (probably in the quest to make the club as attractive as possible sale-wise), they have at long last made the right appointments and cut out some deadwood that was dragging us even further down. There's not that much bad news in all of that (history apart) when you analyse it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024